Bump

one vote for Reed

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If they were at the same age my vote would go to Reed. But given the situation Brainiac 5 was born on an advance age and is himself a genius in his time I'd say that gives him an advantage.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@Zoom

said:

" Brainiac 5. Reed could get help from everyone else on earth and Brainy would still come up with something better. I mean if we didn't already have a statistical number proving Brainiac 5 was smarter than the entire earth combined into one intelligence 1000 years in the future, just think about it. Leonardo da Vinci was just about the smartest inventor 500 years ago. Every single educated person on the planet knows more about most of the inventions he was trying to create than he does. Add another 500 years and take the smartest guy in the civilized universe instead of an average joe and its a complete curbstomp. "

This.

Somewhere around these lines, the answer is.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

If they were at the same age my vote would go to Reed. But given the situation Brainiac 5 was born on an advance age and is himself a genius in his time I'd say that gives him an advantage.

An advance age that was made several years ago when the understanding of sci-fi is ripped from pulp and movies, which richards can do on a daily basis.

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Reed could make something to help the whole humanity, he should have done something already

Brainiac wins.

This. I think his lack of creating such a device currently is a feat itself in how he applies his knowledge.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

@nerx said:

@the_titan_lord said:

An advance age that was made several years ago when the understanding of sci-fi is ripped from pulp and movies, which richards can do on a daily basis.

Yeah. I have no doubt of Reeds capabilities. He's more intelligent than Brainy I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt that he has a chance against a guy(Reed) who's been traveling the multi-verse in his spare time, calculate human behavior( I mean who does that?) and beat cosmic entities on a short notice etc,. I'm assuming he may have studied this kinda stuff.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Nerx

@irs: @the_titan_lord:

In the council of reeds storyline it has been explained that the main reed is 'useless' because his family holds him back, whereas the other reeds have conquered their universes and killed off their dooms. Miracle machines are dandy and all but reed can casually whip up a cosmic cube as well.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reed.

linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By linsanel_Doctor

@nerx said:

@irs: @the_titan_lord:

In the council of reeds storyline it has been explained that the main reed is 'useless' because his family holds him back, whereas the other reeds have conquered their universes and killed off their dooms. Miracle machines are dandy and all but reed can casually whip up a cosmic cube as well.

that sounds like PIS... the explanation really doesn't justify something a genius reed couldn't deal with.. Cosmic cubes on the hand...

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Nerx

@linsanel_doctor: Reeds really did happen, not pis as they obtained their versions of the infinity gauntlet but/cosmic cubes got murked by mad celestials

marvel needs 'bs' reasons why Reed Richards cannot solve every single problem in marvel u

in the 80's reed is badass, then mainstream marvel nerfed him down several notches

linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@linsanel_doctor: Reeds really did happen, not pis as they obtained their versions of the infinity gauntlet but/cosmic cubes got murked by mad celestials

marvel needs 'bs' reasons why Reed Richards cannot solve every single problem in marvel u

in the 80's reed is badass, then mainstream marvel nerfed him down several notches

good points.. If marvel did let Reed go all out, Braniac 5 would be outmatched.

I'll be following you :l

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

morefun22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ricard Reeds= Lex Luthor. Lex Luthor<Brainiac.

ferventking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Judges are Darkseid, Thanos, and Orion... They don't actually have to do anything advanced; if either were inventing to win it would most likely end in a tie based on what kind of personalities are judging.

Ohgma_Infinium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac 5 is a frigging level 12th intellect. Brainiac 5 is way tooo advance.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Braini.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac 5 for the reasons stated in page 1 of this thread.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed stomps w/ that much prep.

GothamBane42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Human tecch vs future alien tech. B stomps

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orion solos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zoom said:

Brainiac 5.

Reed could get help from everyone else on earth and Brainy would still come up with something better.

I mean if we didn't already have a statistical number proving Brainiac 5 was smarter than the entire earth combined into one intelligence 1000 years in the future, just think about it. Leonardo da Vinci was just about the smartest inventor 500 years ago. Every single educated person on the planet knows more about most of the inventions he was trying to create than he does.

Add another 500 years and take the smartest guy in the civilized universe instead of an average joe and its a complete curbstomp.

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they get celestial tech reed stomps because brainiac has no idea how any of it works and reed does

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alakemega123:

Pffft celestial tech. Brainiac probably was at that level when he was 10

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: You realize I said that almost a year ago right. But more importantly that's bull, show me one example of brainiacs technology that surpasses the celestials.

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alakemega123:

It's not the technology is the knowledge. 31st century earth are all 9th level intellects. Reed would be above average there ok. Brainiac is a freakimg 12th level intellect. On a planet of reed Richards braniac would be a super genius. On a planet of braniacs Richards would be a Boris Johnson/George Bush Hybrid

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac 5. But in his defense he's smarter than the judges too.

SpitFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lupine said:

@They Killed Cap! said:

" Reed is a genious but he is still a human thinks like a human has to sleep eat... Braniac can work 24 hours day and night and he is a super intelligence beyound our comprehension computer. Braniac wins. "

Actually this one can be debated. Once Reed gets going he forgets about unimportant things like eating, drinking, relieving ones self, or pesky family, wife, and friends. XD

But the argument is a valid one. Though I disagree with Zoom about the da Vinci parallel. It's logical and straight to the point, but da Vinci wasn't able to be on par and beyond civilizations that are literally 1000s of years ahead of ours. Also I'd compare current Marvel to current DC.

DC doesn't have an especially science driven society. Sure there are notable works of scientific genius, but there is no over all feel of being more or even as advanced as Marvel society. Especially given that so many of DC's heroes simply can fly to wherever they're needed. You don't really need advanced tech if your natural abilities outstrip it. Likewise all of the more heady tech seems to come from the future. I'm not bashing DC science I'm just saying that it doesn't have as much development and for some of the reasons I mentioned above. Having less, I have to say that Marvel ends up doing more. So I think it's a little bit different than us versus da Vinci. We're the social off spring of da Vinci's efforts, the same can't be said for Braniac 5 and Reed Richards.

That makes no sense, unfortunately. Just because he forgets to eat and sleep doesn't magically make him immortal. He would still have to do basic human functions to keep on living.