Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Superparody

Each has 10 years of prep To build a invention to benifit humanity 
the Judges are  

Darkseid  
Thanos 
Orion 

Who would build a better invention...and what do you think it would be? 

Edit* 
They get celestial Tech
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

brainiac 5 some of the things that are really advanced to reed may be taught in elementary school in brainiac 5s time so im goig with the a century of technological advances in the hands of a super genius
PrimeDirective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PrimeDirective

MUUUUUCH better than Batman vs Mr. Fantastic. 

Now, the question is do they have the same resources or does Brainiac 5 get his timeline's tech to work with while Reed is using present day tech? Cause either way I still say Reed., but one is a curbstomp, the other makes it somewhat more of a leveled playing field. Reed I still declare the victor only because his intellect is a total deus ex machina.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@joshmightbe said:
" brainiac 5 some of the things that are really advanced to reed may be taught in elementary school in brainiac 5s time so im goig with the a century of technological advances in the hands of a super genius "
Exactly Thom Kallor called reality manipulation and inter dimensional travel third grade science when Mr. Terrific was completely stumped
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AtPhantom

Who wants to bet Brainiac 5 can make a miracle machine McGyver style?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshmightbe
@Son_of_Magnus:
itd be like the guy who invented the radio vs the guy who came up with the cell phone, its not that one is smarter than the other its just the cell phone guy would have more options
PrimeDirective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrimeDirective

Except anything Reed doesn't know, he rapidly figures out and improves upon. I totally bet Reed could take anything Brainiac 5 creaated and make it better.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By Zoom

Brainiac 5. 

Reed could get help from everyone else on earth and Brainy would still come up with something better. 

I mean if we didn't already have a statistical number proving Brainiac 5 was smarter than the entire earth combined into one intelligence 1000 years in the future, just think about it.  Leonardo da Vinci was just about the smartest inventor 500 years ago.  Every single educated person on the planet knows more about most of the inventions he was trying to create than he does.  

Add another 500 years and take the smartest guy in the civilized universe instead of an average joe and its a complete curbstomp.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Zoom said:
" Brainiac 5.  Reed could get help from everyone else on earth and Brainy would still come up with something better.  I mean if we didn't already have a statistical number proving Brainiac 5 was smarter than the entire earth combined into one intelligence 1000 years in the future, just think about it.  Leonardo da Vinci was just about the smartest inventor 500 years ago.  Every single educated person on the planet knows more about most of the inventions he was trying to create than he does.   Add another 500 years and take the smartest guy in the civilized universe instead of an average joe and its a complete curbstomp. "
This.
Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By They Killed Cap!

Reed is a genious but he is still a human thinks like a human has to sleep eat... 

Braniac can work 24 hours day and night and he is a super intelligence beyound our comprehension computer. 

Braniac wins.
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By reactor
@Zoom said:
" Brainiac 5.  Reed could get help from everyone else on earth and Brainy would still come up with something better.  I mean if we didn't already have a statistical number proving Brainiac 5 was smarter than the entire earth combined into one intelligence 1000 years in the future, just think about it.  Leonardo da Vinci was just about the smartest inventor 500 years ago.  Every single educated person on the planet knows more about most of the inventions he was trying to create than he does.   Add another 500 years and take the smartest guy in the civilized universe instead of an average joe and its a complete curbstomp. "
Perfectly said.
~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

This is a MASSIVE overkill in Brainy's favor.

Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lupine
@They Killed Cap! said:
" Reed is a genious but he is still a human thinks like a human has to sleep eat...  Braniac can work 24 hours day and night and he is a super intelligence beyound our comprehension computer.   Braniac wins. "
Actually this one can be debated. Once Reed gets going he forgets about unimportant things like eating, drinking, relieving ones self, or pesky family, wife, and friends. XD 

But the argument is a valid one. Though I disagree with Zoom about the   da Vinci parallel. It's logical and straight to the point, but da Vinci wasn't able to be on par and beyond civilizations that are literally 1000s of years ahead of ours. Also I'd compare current Marvel to current DC.  

DC doesn't have an especially science driven society. Sure there are notable works of scientific genius, but there is no over all feel of being more or even as advanced as Marvel society.  Especially given that so many of DC's heroes simply can fly to wherever they're needed. You don't really need advanced tech if your natural abilities outstrip it. Likewise all of the more heady tech seems to come from the future. I'm not bashing DC science I'm just saying that it doesn't have as much development and for some of the reasons I mentioned above. Having less, I have to say that Marvel ends up doing more. So I think it's a little bit different than us versus da Vinci. We're the social off spring of da Vinci's efforts, the same can't be said for Braniac 5 and Reed Richards.
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#14  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Lupine said:
Also I'd compare current Marvel to current DC. DC doesn't have an especially science driven society. Sure there are notable works of scientific genius, but there is no over all feel of being more or even as advanced as Marvel society...Likewise all of the more heady tech seems to come from the future. 
B5 is in the future.
Avatar image for deathdefyingdevil
DeathDefyingDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reed richards all the way

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@DeathDefyingDevil said:
" reed richards all the way "
...What.
Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lupine
@Buckshot said:
" @Lupine said:
Also I'd compare current Marvel to current DC. DC doesn't have an especially science driven society. Sure there are notable works of scientific genius, but there is no over all feel of being more or even as advanced as Marvel society...Likewise all of the more heady tech seems to come from the future. 
B5 is in the future. "
Obviously Buckshot, I'm familiar enough with comics to know that. My argument to that is what you quoted.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Superparody said:
"Each has 10 years of prep To build a invention to benifit humanity the Judges are   Darkseid  Thanos Orion  Who would build a better invention...and what do you think it would be?  Edit* They get celestial Tech "

Why the hell would you have people bent on the destruction of humanity judge a competition to make something beneficial to humanity?
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Brains wins

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Lupine:
Are you saying that Marvel i more scientifically advanced, or that they are both about equal? 
DC is just as, i not more scientificlly advanced.
kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By kheranlord12

Despite the fact that Brainiac 5 has super intelligences Reed Richards is more versatile in the intellectual department. Brainiac has a super logcal mind that allows him to do adavance calculation give him super logic and reason deduction and develop effective strategy and more logic related intelligence. Doctor Doom is logical and creative despite the fact that he does not have super intelligence(his intelligence is still in the human range) that why i rank Reed Richards intelligence higher then Brainiac 5.

yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By yodagod
@warlord1234 said:
"  Despite the fact that Brainiac 5 has super intelligences Reed Richards is more versatile in the intellectual department. Brainiac has a super logcal mind that allows him to do adavance calculation give him super logic and reason deduction and develop effective strategy and more logic related intelligence. Doctor Doom is logical and creative despite the fact that he does not have super intelligence(his intelligence is still in the human range) that why i rank Reed Richards intelligence higher then Brainiac 5. "

Excellent point.  And Reed does have super intelligence.  Reed is also able to exponentially increase his brain's speed. Plus the single biggest factor to me in this battle is the human element.  Reed has a more vested interest in creating a revolutionary invention that will benefit all mankind.  He also has the ability to think abstractly.  These two things give him the win.   
And as far as Da Vinci.  People know about many of his inventions because he invented them.  Even something simple like a bicycle chain is still beyond the scope of your average person to envision or build.  And Da Vinci had multiple designs and variations long before there were even applications for it.  His time period has nothing to do with his genius.  Inventors create for whatever void society needs to have filled.  Whether he's born 500 years ago or 50 years ago, he would create whatever society needs and because of his amazing creativity, many things that society won't even know that it needs for many hundred years.  The time period is irrelevent.   There's no evidence whatsoever that our society is any more intelligent now than at another time period.  In fact, in spite of the fact that our technology is more advanced, the opposite is likely.
Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Undergroundgod
@yodagod said:
"@warlord1234 said:
"  Despite the fact that Brainiac 5 has super intelligences Reed Richards is more versatile in the intellectual department. Brainiac has a super logcal mind that allows him to do adavance calculation give him super logic and reason deduction and develop effective strategy and more logic related intelligence. Doctor Doom is logical and creative despite the fact that he does not have super intelligence(his intelligence is still in the human range) that why i rank Reed Richards intelligence higher then Brainiac 5. "
Excellent point.  And Reed does have super intelligence.  Reed is also able to exponentially increase his brain's speed. Plus the single biggest factor to me in this battle is the human element.  Reed has a more vested interest in creating a revolutionary invention that will benefit all mankind.  He also has the ability to think abstractly.  These two things give him the win.   And as far as Da Vinci.  People know about many of his inventions because he invented them.  Even something simple like a bicycle chain is still beyond the scope of your average person to envision or build.  And Da Vinci had multiple designs and variations long before there were even applications for it.  His time period has nothing to do with his genius.  Inventors create for whatever void society needs to have filled.  Whether he's born 500 years ago or 50 years ago, he would create whatever society needs and because of his amazing creativity, many things that society won't even know that it needs for many hundred years.  The time period is irrelevent.   There's no evidence whatsoever that our society is any more intelligent now than at another time period.  In fact, in spite of the fact that our technology is more advanced, the opposite is likely. "

I agree with alot of your points, we are no more intelligent now then we were then, only the facts have changed, if you told a man the world was round back in the day he would have thought you were crazy, not because he was stupid, just because he belived what he was taught by people who told him that it was flat, he had no reason to think otherwise. Now inventors are people who care to dream about things they know will work even if the facts don't support them. I think it is a great insult to a great man to say Leonardo Da Vinci was not infact a beautiful mind. I also agree Reed would add that human touch that will be well needed. However Brainiac 5 being from a world 1000 years from now will come from a world of new facts, I am not saying that reed could not be brought up to speed, but he would have to learn how science has evolved in a thousand years time. If Brainiac 5 was working on advancments for the world today he could figuaratively push a fast forward button of 1000 years of advancment's, so my vote is on Braniac 5.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Power NeXus

An invention to benefit humanity?

Brainiac 5 wins by default.

Reed is disqualified for building a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really big raygun.

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BatDance

Brainiac should take this

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kheranlord12
@yodagod said:
" @warlord1234 said:
Excellent point.  And Reed does have super intelligence.  Reed is also able to exponentially increase his brain's speed. Plus the single biggest factor to me in this battle is the human element.  Reed has a more vested interest in creating a revolutionary invention that will benefit all mankind.  He also has the ability to think abstractly.  These two things give him the win.   And as far as Da Vinci.  People know about many of his inventions because he invented them.  Even something simple like a bicycle chain is still beyond the scope of your average person to envision or build.  And Da Vinci had multiple designs and variations long before there were even applications for it.  His time period has nothing to do with his genius.  Inventors create for whatever void society needs to have filled.  Whether he's born 500 years ago or 50 years ago, he would create whatever society needs and because of his amazing creativity, many things that society won't even know that it needs for many hundred years.  The time period is irrelevent.   There's no evidence whatsoever that our society is any more intelligent now than at another time period.  In fact, in spite of the fact that our technology is more advanced, the opposite is likely. "
True. Intelligence is simply applying knowledge if you just have knowledge and you do know how to apply it your intellect will be a doormat. Da Vinci is the ultimate genius in my book because he was logical and creavtive a lot of people that are logical thinkers do not have that much creativety and a lot of people that are creative are not that logical. Reed Richards has both just like Da Vinci. But Brainiac is more logical then Reed Richards all the intellectual abilites that Brainiac are logical related intelligence abstract thinking, adavance calcualtion, reason deduction and much more Brainiac has not really impressed has creative person.
tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tensor

brainiac has more knowledge than reed brain can hold 

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kheranlord12
@tensor said:
" brainiac has more knowledge than reed brain can hold  "
And Reed Richards is better at applying knowledge.
Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Undergroundgod
@warlord1234 said:
" @tensor said:
" brainiac has more knowledge than reed brain can hold  "
And Reed Richards is better at applying knowledge. "

I am sorry but did you miss the really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really big raygun part. Reed does not always apply his knowledge all that well. Brainiac 5 would not a epic fail like this.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Zoom
@warlord1234 said:
" @yodagod said:
" @warlord1234 said:
True. Intelligence is simply applying knowledge if you just have knowledge and you do know how to apply it your intellect will be a doormat. Da Vinci is the ultimate genius in my book because he was logical and creavtive a lot of people that are logical thinkers do not have that much creativety and a lot of people that are creative are not that logical. Reed Richards has both just like Da Vinci. But Brainiac is more logical then Reed Richards all the intellectual abilites that Brainiac are logical related intelligence abstract thinking, adavance calcualtion, reason deduction and much more Brainiac has not really impressed has creative person. "

Everything I underlined is absolutely 100% not true...or possibly just poorly worded in the case of that last sentence.  I'm assuming you're trying to say that Brainiac 5 is uncreative.

While I don't expect anything from Yodagod, I'm kinda annoyed someone else is making an arguement for Richards based on untruths.
kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kheranlord12
@Zoom said:
" @warlord1234 said:
" @yodagod said:
" @warlord1234 said:
True. Intelligence is simply applying knowledge if you just have knowledge and you do know how to apply it your intellect will be a doormat. Da Vinci is the ultimate genius in my book because he was logical and creavtive a lot of people that are logical thinkers do not have that much creativety and a lot of people that are creative are not that logical. Reed Richards has both just like Da Vinci. But Brainiac is more logical then Reed Richards all the intellectual abilites that Brainiac are logical related intelligence abstract thinking, adavance calcualtion, reason deduction and much more Brainiac has not really impressed has creative person. "
Everything I underlined is absolutely 100% not true...or possibly just poorly worded in the case of that last sentence.  I'm assuming you're trying to say that Brainiac 5 is uncreative. While I don't expect anything from Yodagod, I'm kinda annoyed someone else is making an arguement for Richards based on untruths. "
I never said Brainiac 5 is uncreative. He just not has creative has Reed Richards. Brainiac always used logic to solve problems while on the other hand Richards used his creativeity to solve problems.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FLCL1

brain creates another earth ftw XP

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zoom
@warlord1234 said:
"Brainiac always used logic to solve problems while on the other hand Richards used his creativeity to solve problems. "
Riiiiiiight.

I suppose you could call making a murderous Thor clone robot a "creative" solution to the Civil War.
Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lupine
@Zoom said:
" @warlord1234 said:
"Brainiac always used logic to solve problems while on the other hand Richards used his creativeity to solve problems. "
Riiiiiiight. I suppose you could call making a murderous Thor clone robot a "creative" solution to the Civil War. "
XD Tony's solution technically. 
kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kheranlord12
@Zoom said:
" @warlord1234 said:
Riiiiiiight. I suppose you could call making a murderous Thor clone robot a "creative" solution to the Civil War. "
Your just picking out the bad things he has done in the past. Everyone makes mistakes even the world greastest mind. Reed has beaten most of his foes via creativity.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zoom

Yeah.  Anti Galactus ray guns and robots are massively creative. 

Brainiac is better across the board.

Aion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Aion

Braniac would ultimately win this basing this comment on his past project's in which he's built destructive thing's to benefit himself. 
This should actually be a cake walk for him. 

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Brainiac 5....not nly is he the greater intellect, but he has a thousand years of advancement and knowledge at his disposal.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Zoom
@Lunacyde said:
"Brainiac 5....has a thousand years of advancement and knowledge at his disposal. "

And an entire universe next to just one planet.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Zoom said:
"@Lunacyde said:
"Brainiac 5....has a thousand years of advancement and knowledge at his disposal. "
And an entire universe next to just one planet. "

I wouldn't say Reed is COMPLETELY confinedto one planet. He has come in contact with various alien techologies in the past.
kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kheranlord12
@Lunacyde said:

"Brainiac 5....not nly is he the greater intellect, but he has a thousand years of advancement and knowledge at his disposal. "

@Lunacyde: 

His intellect is greater in the logic department not in the creative department.
zilleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By zilleo

reed stands NO chance

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Needlebay

Pre-Crisis Brainiac 5 has the best device of the two. He once build the Concentrator, which channeled every joul of energy in the UNIVERSE! Just an amazing feat, IMO. He also understood how to build the Miracle Machine, IIRC. A device that could turn thought into reality.

3boot Brainiac 5 also brought Dream Girl back from the dead.

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#44  Edited By mrtrickster

B5 easily, he created miracle machine, the shit that stopped mandrakk

enough said

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By justleader

Brainiac 5 wins

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#46  Edited By Joygirl

Braniac 5 wrecks. He is far, FAR advanced over Señor Douchetastic. Reed will probably have immense difficulty with those challenges, but I don't really see Brainy breaking a sweat. He's gone up against better.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By comic_book_fan

they both could but they both would fail because in thanos and darkseid's mind the best benifit humanity is to destroy it.

catofellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By catofellow

Name one feat for either of these contenders (i.e. an invention that benefited humanity). I don't think the timeline is as important as everyone is making it out to be. Was the iphone more beneficial than fire, penicillin, or the refrigerator? It isn't a question of who can make the more destructive device, it is who can make the device that meets the needs of their fellow man (and needs change over time).

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By comic_book_fan

reed has plans to end world hunger and crime basicly build a perfect world which he puts into action and according to future Doom succeds

CampodelViolin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By CampodelViolin

If Reed could make something to help the whole humanity, he should have done something already

Brainiac wins.