Reed Richards is NOT better than Batman in fighting Galactus

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Houghate58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I saw this thread http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/why-is-batman-vs-galactus-not-a-simple-matter-1652244/

This made me want to debunk a common fallacy about "Batman/Reed Richards vs Galactus" that anti-Batman forumers here like to point out:

Claim #1: Reed Richards is far above Batman in prep feats, so its not unjustified that he can take on Galactus while Batman has zero chance of doing so.

Rebuttal (See spoiler block below):

Ridiculous claim. That's like saying if a spider can overcome an ant, while the ant has no chance of overcoming a rat, this means the spider has a chance of overcoming the rat. First of, you have to prove that Reed Richards has legitimately taken out Galactus, which leads to claim 2 below.

Claim #2: Feats shown that Reed Richards defeated Galactus and Batman hasn't shown any feats that depicted that he can do the same against someone of similar power level to Galactus.

Reed Richards beats Galactus ONLY because he had the Ultimate Nullifier and HAD THE HELP of cosmic entities who had knowledge of Galactus' weakness. Batman can do it too, arguably because he has similar pool of resources and also there's no reason why Uatu won't help him look for the weapon.

Claim #3: Batman fanboys are ridiculous for wanting to compare Batman with Galactus

Nobody is comparing Batman with Galactus (Outside of trolls), us Batman fans are pointing out the anti-Batman conspiracy that has been secretly going on the Comicvine, showing double standards such as bitching at Batman fans for claiming Batman can beat characters above his weight class yet having NO PROBLEMS with OTHER similar characters like Doctor Doom and Reed Richards doing the same.

And please, Batman fans, stop standing by and let the haters dominate the CV opinions to turn against Batman. Fellow Batman fans, if you are reading this, tag the other Batman debaters that hasn't been tagged yet so we can stand together. Rise up to defend your hero, who is the GREATEST HERO OF ALL TIME.

@jack_donaghy@entropy_aegis@digitalshooter9@ninjawarrior268@jmarshmallow

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

*Grabs popcorn*

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cool story bro

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I love this thread cause op made it after he saw my own thread on why can't Batman beat Galactus

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obvious alt account is obvious, wrong forum, and so going to get locked.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Thor-Parker

@houghate58: bitching at Batman fans for claiming Batman can beat characters above his weight class yet having NO PROBLEMS with OTHER similar characters like Doctor Doom and Reed Richards doing the same.

That statement is extremely wrong.

Doctor Doom >>>>>>>> Reed Richards >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Batman.

Houghate58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Houghate58

Cool story bro

If you have nothing to contribute, don't post at all.

I love this thread cause op made it after he saw my own thread on why can't Batman beat Galactus

Yeah. I'm just there to point out fallacies that people had been posting. They emphasize so much on Batman vs Galactus, which is of course not a fair fight, but yet they have completely ignored the same unfair fight that is Reed Richards vs Galactus.

Houghate58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightway said:

So what if I'm an alt account? What difference does it make to this thread? Reason properly next time.

@houghate58: bitching at Batman fans for claiming Batman can beat characters above his weight class yet having NO PROBLEMS with OTHER similar characters like Doctor Doom and Reed Richards doing the same.

Doctor Doom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Reed Richards >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Batman.

Feats say otherwise.

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why I love new people and alts. They always start the funniest threads.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightway said:

So what if I'm an alt account? What difference does it make to this thread? Reason properly next time.

@thor_parker82 said:

Doctor Doom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Reed Richards >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Batman.

Feats say otherwise.

Lol no.

By feats, Doctor Doom >>>>>>>> Reed Richards >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Batman.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he is

Houghate58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notatreeabush : @thor_parker82: If you're saying a spider would fare better than an ant in fighting a human, I would agree with your statement.

Their feats are better, but their weight class are still similar to that of Batman.

Houghate58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: Nope. Nice try discrediting someone's thread/posts by equating him with a banned user.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Transformers1024

Neat-o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houghate58: Weight class? No. Doctor Doom and Reed are far above Batman in a lot of ways.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reed doesn't fight

he just make things

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notatreeabush : @thor_parker82: If you're saying a spider would fare better than an ant in fighting a human, I would agree with your statement.

Their feats are better, but their weight class are still similar to that of Batman.

They are not in the same weight class, not even close. Batman is a street leveler while Richards with his resources is a powerhouse, and Doctor Doom with just his armor and his knowledge on magic is a powerhouse as well, then add his resources which are similar to Reed´s, and you have a very dangerous villain.

You clearly don´t read much things with Doctor Doom on it.

Houghate58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightway said:

@houghate58: Weight class? No. Doctor Doom and Reed are far above Batman in a lot of ways.

That's like saying a military tactician is below a terrorist because the terrorist had greater firepower on his hands. Both are humans though, hence the same weight class.

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: y'know im going to flag this. I don't like troll threads.

Houghate58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houghate58 said:

They are not in the same weight class, not even close. Batman is a street leveler while Richards with his resources is a powerhouse, and Doctor Doom with just his armor and his knowledge on magic is a powerhouse as well, then add his resources which are similar to Reed´s, and you have a very dangerous villain.

Batman with prep is above street leveler. His battle suits say a lot about that. New 52 alone had Justice Buster and Hellbat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightway said:

That's like saying a military tactician is below a terrorist because the terrorist had greater firepower on his hands. Both are humans though, hence the same weight class.

Erm...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

"They are both humans." Did you just forget Reeds' powerset?

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By algorhythm511

@houghate58: OK....So your central thesis is....[Insert Random Hero] + UN VS Galactus = Hero Wins?

That is pretty accurate. You can give any hero the UN and produce the same result. Has little to do with intelligence.

I am pretty familiar with Reed's prep feats. Bruce is not on the scientific level of Reed. Bruce is at about the same level as Black Panther.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

@houghate58 said:

Batman with prep is above street leveler. His battle suits say a lot about that. New 52 alone had Justice Buster and Hellbat.

Still not on the level of Reed Richards and Doctor Doom.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman still has no chance against galactus. Reed did, so he is in a different league.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It makes me sad, just how many people are unaware of Reed's feats and keep comparing him to people like Batman

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Roman

"anti-Batman conspiracy"? Calm down there Alex Jones.

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a massive batman fan, but I'll be the first to tell you that Reed is smarter than bruce. Batman is a genius in his own right, but Richards is on or above the level of people like Lex Luthor. Richards is one of the smartest characters in either universe

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GodxDarkxOpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus is overated..So yes I believe Bruce can do it.So I agree Bats can take him.With prep.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GodxDarkxOpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegrayghost: Elaborate on what.??That I believe Batman can beat him??Why should I.??Lol