No Prep

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By charlieboy

team one because of storm. the environmental shield of lightning lad's flight ring can only do so much to protect him and storm is a lot more versatile than he is. 

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

Seems like Lightning Lad is a one trick pony and would be less effective against Reed than Storm would be against Elongated Man. IMO Reed and Storm would switch opponents due to this to allow them to gang up on LL.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By charlieboy
@LordOfAllHumans: i don't think either reed or ralph are immune to electricity. 
MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MenaceForever2

Did I make another mismatch. Sigh

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@menaceforever: I don't think you did, people talk so much about her lightning that some tend to forget why she can even conjure and manipulate it.

@charlieboy said:

@LordOfAllHumans: i don't think either reed or ralph are immune to electricity.

that actually never occurred to me, but their like rubber so shouldn't naturally ground it?

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By charlieboy
@LordOfAllHumans: i am pretty sure i have seen both of them shocked before. 
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@charlieboy said:

@LordOfAllHumans: i am pretty sure i have seen both of them shocked before.

Well then team marvel doesn't even have to be that tactical if this is true, because Storm has more than electricity to deal with LL.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By charlieboy
@LordOfAllHumans: that's what i was thinking. although his flight ring is going to protect him from a lot of evironmental attacks so she would have to be creative. but i think she can do it. 
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@charlieboy said:

@LordOfAllHumans: that's what i was thinking. although his flight ring is going to protect him from a lot of evironmental attacks so she would have to be creative. but i think she can do it.

Now this is the thing with the flight rings, I thought they were most effective with protecting people in space and flying at high speeds. Can't he fly without it on a planet that supports life anyway, why would it's protections even kick in under attack? I could see it keeping cold and airlessness at bay, or even pressure, but it seems like rain would still get him wet. I read LoSH way back in the day, so is he immune to being wet or being swept up by a tornado that can just fling him around? Or to fog that she can see through and actually attack him with her fist? It's not a real forcefield IIRC, but please tell me if I'm wrong, I major in Marvel with a concentration in Xmen :)

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jeanroygrant

Reed Richards, and Storm.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By charlieboy
@LordOfAllHumans
it protects him from hostile environments.  a tornado might do the trick.  but heat and cold definitely not. and he might not have it turned on.  just a resource i remember the legion has. i am more of an x fan myself. 
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@charlieboy said:

@LordOfAllHumans: it protects him from hostile environments. a tornado might do the trick. but heat and cold definitely not. and he might not have it turned on. just a resource i remember the legion has. i am more of an x fan myself.

Understood, that's why I give team Marvel the edge, Storm hardly ever uses her powers to create heat, and cold is something she uses far less than lightning and winds. Now if this was an actual force field and not the equivalent of an amped up spacesuit I'd think differently, seems to me like the right amount of air manipulation can just send him crashing to the ground and I have seen them with flight rings be affected by force.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MenaceForever2

Bump