#3 Edited by Glabal500 (633 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: are you saying Thanos is smarter then T'Challa

#4 Posted by batmannflash (6227 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (46492 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos and Doom easily not even close

#7 Posted by jashro44 (27522 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by Jmarshmallow (10545 posts) - - Show Bio

My man @wolverine08: got it right on point.

BP is smart....but he's out of his element with these guys.

Jmarshmallow

#9 Posted by Wolverine08 (46492 posts) - - Show Bio

My man @wolverine08: got it right on point.

Jmarshmallow

Not really. Reed and Doom (Despite them being the number 1 and 2 smartest humans in Marvel and both being smarter than T'Challa) have both called Black Panther an intellectual peer. If anything, it's Thanos that is out of everyone's league here. Cosmic intelligence for the win.

#10 Posted by MonsterStomp (22135 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Wolverine08 (46492 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by DarkRaiden (9078 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as actual intelligence...Thanos and Doom are far above with their tech/inventions. Reed is just Deus Ex Machina and wins cause he's the good guy, the others (even T'Challa) all have actual intelligence/tech involved. Reed has some, but most of his seems like Plot Machine.

#13 Posted by NoBody134 (304 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

Doom

Reed

BP

#14 Posted by Hyperlight (6958 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is first because his mind is superior... being an eternal and all

the rest of em.. depends on the day hahah

#15 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10545 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Compliments are happy and cheery and nice, but he really doesn't have the feats to put him as their equal.

The only super intelligent things he's done is use other people's ideas and creations and modifying them for his purpose. In fact, he usually jacks the ideas from Reed or Doom.

The only impressive thing I recall him doing is making a cure for some toxin, which is something any intelligent comic character could do.

Jmarshmallow

#16 Edited by Wolverine08 (46492 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow:

The only super intelligent things he's done is use other people's ideas and creations and modifying them for his purpose. In fact, he usually jacks the ideas from Reed or Doom.

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................This is so far from the truth it is not even funny. The only time Black Panther has actually "jacked" any ideas from either Doctor Doom or Mr. Fantastic was during "Doom Wars" when he stole Doctor Doom's plans for a cosmic power absorbing suit. Even then, Doom had only mad a crude exoskeleton of the plan, and T'Challa did all the heavy lifting with creating the suit and eventually. Reed even personally picked T'Challa in New Avengers vol 3 #4 for help in creating an anti matter bomb for destroying worlds.

The only impressive thing I recall him doing is making a cure for some toxin, which is something any intelligent comic character could do.

You pretty much confirmed my suspicion that you actually don't know anything about the Black Panther character with this statement if this is the only intelligent thing you can recall Black Panther achieving. Outsmarting Iron Man when both he and T''Challa had prep, downing Mephisto with absolute ease when given a little prep time, creating anti metal claws/energy daggers/and vibranium soled boots, created an X-Gene (Which gives mutants powers) suppressant on the fly in literally 10 minutes to suppress Typhoid Mary's mutant powers, having contingency plans for Galactus, using contingency plans to defeat a Doctor Doom who was powered with vibranium and magic, building an anti matter bomb with Reed Richards, defeating a Super Skrull with the fighting skills of Captain America, Daredevil, Shang Chi, Elektra, and himself just by analyzing his body movement during the heat of battle and seeing that he had "tells", etc. are all feats of Black Panther's world class intelligence.

#17 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10545 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Okay, clearly you didn't understand me.

I said the only IMPRESSIVE thing I recall him doing was making that X-Gene suppressant, and I thank you for reminding me what that was called. I never said that I didn't know anything about his characteror feats, and I don't know why you always bring it up in a debate. It's just a little irritating considering the fact we've been through this before, and I've told you that BP is one of my idol heroes because of (admittedly) his race.

Now if you could stop for the accusations for a mere moment, I'll do some elaborating.

1). While Tony Stark is a genius engineer and builder, I don't consider his prep intelligence up to the league of Doom and Reed. He's no pushover, but he's outclassed in that department by people like Doom, Reed, Pym, Loki, Strange, Bats, and yes, even T'Challa.

2). To be completely honest, I don't recall the Mephisto incident. But given the fact that he's a total jobber unless he's in his own realm, I wouldn't put too much weight behind it. To be fair, Reed has outsmarted Galactus and Doom outsmarted PR Beyonder, so downing Mephisto again falls short.

3). If creating advanced weaponry and gadgets makes you equal to Doom and Reed, then Spidey must be a god for making webslingers!

4). X-Gene suppressant was the instance I was referring to, and again I'll say that literally any comic smarty pants with resources and half a brain could do that.

5). Having a contingency plan that hasn't been shown to actually work means little. Not to mention Reed has several plans for Galactus. AND he's used some of them. Effectively I might add.

6). So defeating Doctor Doom with magic and tech? That's basically the thing Reed is famous for. Not to say its a bad feat for T'Challa. If anything it seems like a bad feat for Doom, considering his usual track record. But you know what? That's probably the most impressive one you've named that I completely forgot about. One point for Wolverine08! By my count that makes the score 5/1. You better catch up!

7). Analyzing body movement doesn't make you super intelligence. I shouldn't have to explain that, all I should have to do is say Cassandra Cain and Lady Shiva.

So yes. BP does have world class intelligence. But Reed and Doom are above and beyond the world. They're like multi-dimensional intelligence. BP just isn't. In. Their. League. Mentally.

Not to say he wouldn't crush them in a fight. He would probably win. A game of chess is another story.

Jmarshmallow

#18 Edited by Wolverine08 (46492 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow:

I don't think you actually understand anything I have said here Marsh. You mention several times in your post (Which is filled with errors I will tear apart later) that Panther isn't an equal to Doom or Reed Richards. I haven't called him an equal. I don't consider him to be equals to them. I just corrected your egregiously incorrect statement that he isn't even in their league. Unto your post:

While Tony Stark is a genius engineer and builder, I don't consider his prep intelligence up to the league of Doom and Reed. He's no pushover, but he's outclassed in that department by people like Doom, Reed, Pym, Loki, Strange, Bats, and yes, even T'Challa.

Wrong. Tony is the 5th smartest man in the Marvel Universe. Those people might beat him out in terms of overall prep skills, but none of them (Besides Doom really) equates his technological prowess. Toy even brought a new suit to the battle and T'Challa was able to use his prep time effectively to still defeat Tony and his technology. It is more impressive than you try downplay it to be.

). To be completely honest, I don't recall the Mephisto incident. But given the fact that he's a total jobber unless he's in his own realm, I wouldn't put too much weight behind it. To be fair, Reed has outsmarted Galactus and Doom outsmarted PR Beyonder, so downing Mephisto again falls short.

Calling somebody a jobber in an attempt to lowball somebody's feat against them is one of the oldest and poorest moves in the book of debating I'm afraid.

3). If creating advanced weaponry and gadgets makes you equal to Doom and Reed, then Spidey must be a god for making webslingers!

Again Marsh, if you actually sat down, looked at your computer, and thoroughly read throufh my post (Which I am starting to highly doubt you did judging from your responses) you would see that I never called Black Panther an equal to Doctor Doom and Reed Richards (I didn't even do so in my list.). You made a silly statement that he isn't even in their league, and I simply corrected you. And a pretty terrible example with Spider-Man there considering he is essentially mentally delayed when compared to Black Panther intelligence wise.

). X-Gene suppressant was the instance I was referring to, and again I'll say that literally any comic smarty pants with resources and half a brain could do that.

Any comic book "smarty pants" could see a mutant, go into a kitchen with next to no resources and break down the complex X gene and come out with a perfect suppressant for it? Really? Another bad attempt at lowballing I'm afraid. This was Panther during his time in Hell's Kitchen subbing in for Daredevil, he wasn't carrying 1/4 the resources. Body armor and a few other tools. He was a caveman compared to what he is usually sporting in technological regards.

5). Having a contingency plan that hasn't been shown to actually work means little. Not to mention Reed has several plans for Galactus. AND he's used some of them. Effectively I might add.

The fact that he has a contingency plan that he is extremely confident will work is a feat that speaks for itself really.

). So defeating Doctor Doom with magic and tech? That's basically the thing Reed is famous for. Not to say its a bad feat for T'Challa. If anything it seems like a bad feat for Doom, considering his usual track record. But you know what? That's probably the most impressive one you've named that I completely forgot about.

Yes, Black Panther beat Doom. Plain and simple.

). Analyzing body movement doesn't make you super intelligence. I shouldn't have to explain that, all I should have to do is say Cassandra Cain and Lady Shiva.

Pretty horrible example you brought out there with Cassandra Cain considering that body reading is her superpower. I was just noting that it is mightily impressive to be able to analyze someone who is sporting the fighting styles of several of the Marvel Universe's best fighters, the strength of Luke Cage, and the Chi usage abilities of Iron Fist, and proceeding to utterly destroy them is a pretty insane feat of strategic skill.

So yes. BP does have world class intelligence. But Reed and Doom are above and beyond the world. They're like multi-dimensional intelligence. BP just isn't. In. Their. League. Mentally.

Doom and Reed are superior to T'Challa, but they are still in the same league. Victor and Reed even disagree with you. And lots of periods don't really help support your point any better.

One point for Wolverine08! By my count that makes the score 5/1. You better catch up!

You've made several crude attempts to lowball Black Panther's intelligence and feats of said intelligence that children could tear apart with ease. I do not see what you are so proud and haughty about to be frank. 6-0 in Wolverine's favor. You also seemed to fail to address Reed asking T'Challa for help in creating an anti matter bomb.

#19 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10545 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: ......if there not equals...then they're not in the same league. Being in the same league with someone means being of equal skill, intelligence, etc. So by contradicting me when I said they're not in the same league, you're calling them equals. In addition, you also brought up that "Reed and Doom...have both called Black Panther an intellectual peer." Peer means someone who is of EQUAL standing. So, again, you have called BP their equal. Maybe it's you who should re-read your own posts, instead of accusing me of being lackadaisical with it.

Let's do this again, shall we?

1). If you notice, I actually did say he is a genius engineer. No one is arguing that. But in terms of prep, as you even said, Tony is outclassed. I don't know why you're arguing that when you even agreed with me. Tony, the technological genius that he is, CANNOT compete with these other prep lords. So he's still not really impressive. Beating him is impressive, but it certainly doesn't put him "in the same league" as Reed and Doom.

2). Perhaps it is. Doesn't make it any less valid, even though it may be old.

3). Again, Wolvie, if you actually proof-read your posts before you post them (which I am highly starting to doubt you did judging from your responses), you would see that you did in fact call them equal, since you said that they were in the same league. Same league = equal. The Spidey example was hyperbole, pardon me if you were not a fan.

4). Making a cure just doesn't seem that impressive to me. Honestly, that's just my opinion. Some people might think that's really bad@ss, but I just don't see why any other smarty pants couldn't do that.

5). No, it doesn't. Being confident in something doesn't make you any more right. For example, I'm pretty confident in my debate against you right now. I even have a contingency plan for what I'm gonna say to you next! But I'm sure if I asked you about whether my confidence means anything, you'd disagree.

6). Yup.

7). Lady Shiva's isn't a superpower, so I don't know why you chose to disregard that one. Besides, that's a skill feat, not so much an intelligence feat, as you made perfectly clear before in the Iron Fist vs Bats thread. I believe I said something along the lines of "Batman would win because of equal skill, superior physicals, and far superior tactics." You disagreed, and told me that tactics don't really factor in a H2H battle. Seems a little wishy-washy to switch your opinion now, when it suits you!

8). Superior means that they're in a different league. Is it a huge gap between the leagues? Maybe, maybe not. But if they were in the same league, neither would be superior to the other.

And. I. Happen. To. Love. The. Periods.

9). You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, my friend! I mean, you're a fine debater, great actually! Highly superior to a child. And if YOU couldn't tear them apart, I definitely don't think a child could!

And I'm proud that I get to have a good debate with my ole pal Wolvie08!

10). Oh yeah, forgot about the bomb. I don't really think this should be a solid feat for either Reed or T'Challa, since we don't know who did what work. For all we know, Reed could have done most of the hard work, or vice versa. Crediting either of the characters would be ignorant of us unless we know the contributions each one made.

Unless you happen to know exactly how each character helped? In which case I'd be very impressed.

Jmarshmallow

#20 Edited by Wolverine08 (46492 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: If you are someone's peer, you are in their general level or status. It doesn't mean you are a dead end equal. If you can not grasp that simple concept, I do not even see the point in debating this topic with you.

1. Sigh, the point of the feat is that Tony is a technological genius, are the best human being in his respective universe, and was bringing new tech to the fight yet T'Challa was able to use his limited prep time to beat Tony at his own game. You're not doing a good job of lowballing that feat .

2. Doesn't make your old, crude attempt at lowballing any harder to pick apart.

3. Trying to reuse my words in a different isn't very clever in the slightest to be honest. Like I said, my usage of the term "same league" is someone with two brain cells to understand. I'll put it on simple terms. Wolverine and Captain America are in the same ledge because they are both top tier fighters, but Wolverine is better because he's had his training expounded on better, performed better against Steve in their two encounters, and ultimately has superior showings of technical skill.They are in the same league, but Wolverine is ultimately better. Same applies to T'Challa, Reed, and Victor. Hope that wasn't too hard for you to understand. Do I need to break it down further more?

4. Your "opinion" is just lowballing really. Not everyone single genius can just see a mutant, run into a kitchen, use the simple tools in a kitchen, and come out with a perfect surpressor.

5. That's your opinion.

6. Indeed.

7. *Facepalm* I never said that tactics do not factor into a hand to hand fight at all. I just noted that isn't as big as a factor as you were trying to make it out to be while you were making a silly argument for Batman winning when most posters were agreeing that Iron Fist would win due to possessing superior technical skill.

8. Oh jeez, you can be in the same league as someone without being a dead end equal. Is this idea too hard for you to grasp?

9. I do not understand a single word of the jibberish you wrote in this line. If you couldn't create a response that didn't sound obtuse, you shouldn't have even addressed this point at all.

10. It was pretty much implied that each did their fair share of lifting. They even took longer than expected because they were arguing about specifics of the bomb.

Lol.

#21 Posted by GhostRavage (9667 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Thanos

2. Reed

3. Doom

4. T'Challa

Overall rating: 100% accurate.

#22 Posted by Shawnbaby (10967 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: BP is not "out of his league" here at all. He's an intellectual Peer to both Doom and Reed...and he has resources superior to both of them. Reed is what you might call "Book Smart"...T'Challa has a better grasp on Strategic Thinking. Resources and Strategy play a huge roll in Prep.

#23 Posted by dondave (39087 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10545 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Well, you are right about one thing. There really is no point in this if we don't see eye to eye on what "the same league" is. I see it as being equal to someone, you see it as being...similar, I guess?

My point was that they're not equal. As long as you agree with that, I have no need to continue this incessant pissing contest our back-and-forths always devolve into.

So, I guess you win, since you got the last words. Good job.

Jmarshmallow

#25 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10545 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: I agree with all points except that they're in the same league.

By that, I mean that I personally don't feel that they're equal. I think that Doom and Reed's intellectual capabilities exceed T'Challa's, if only by very minuscule margin.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

Jmarshmallow

#26 Edited by Wolverine08 (46492 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by RogueShadow (12744 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually think T'challa is the best strategist here, perhaps after Doom. Reed Richards is a plot device to be honest.

#28 Posted by mikex20 (2800 posts) - - Show Bio

Panther is a world class planner, but Thanos plans on a universal scale. He took out the Elders to gain their gems, putting together the Infinity Gauntlet.

#29 Posted by RogueShadow (12744 posts) - - Show Bio

By that, I mean that I personally don't feel that they're equal. I think that Doom and Reed's intellectual capabilities exceed T'Challa's, if only by very minuscule margin.

Jmarshmallow

What are you talking about? If you think they exceed him by a small margin then they are in the same league.

#30 Posted by Shawnbaby (10967 posts) - - Show Bio

Jmarshmallow

Think of any professional sport. Are all the players EXACTLY as good as everyone else? No, even 2 players in the same position are going to be differently skilled. And then there's every other position. Is a Pitcher going to be as good of a Right Fielder as someone who works in that position every day? But all of these players are in the Same League. Same applies here. Reed and Doom are Intellectual Giants...no denying that. But they aren't smarter than T'Challa to the point where he looks like a Minor Leaguer in Comparison...and they aren't smarter than him in every single area of intelligence.

#31 Edited by Jmarshmallow (10545 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Alright, let me rephrase since it seems to be disorienting people.

I don't think they're equal. Don't focus on the "same league" wording.

Jmarshmallow

#32 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10545 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: Again, I completely agree that they aren't smarter than him in every area. I'm saying that, overall, I feel that they are his superior.

And despite the fact that I've never been a baseball man, I understood where you're coming from with your analogy.

I see your point, but as I told RogueShadow, don't focus on the wording, focus on the one phrase I've been repeatedly saying.

"I don't think they're equal."

Jmarshmallow

#33 Posted by RogueShadow (12744 posts) - - Show Bio
@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

Think of any professional sport. Are all the players EXACTLY as good as everyone else? No, even 2 players in the same position are going to be differently skilled. And then there's every other position. Is a Pitcher going to be as good of a Right Fielder as someone who works in that position every day? But all of these players are in the Same League. Same applies here. Reed and Doom are Intellectual Giants...no denying that. But they aren't smarter than T'Challa to the point where he looks like a Minor Leaguer in Comparison...and they aren't smarter than him in every single area of intelligence.

Agreed , in terms of strategy, prep, Resources & cunning he is way ahead of the walking plot device that is Reed Richards. His only intellectual disadvantage with the top tiers is his technological aptitude, which seem to be all that people ever notice. In terms of strategy I would say it is between Doom & T'challa.

#34 Posted by Wolverine08 (46492 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow:

if only by very minuscule margin.

You originally said that they severely outclassed him.

#35 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6695 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10545 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: When did I say that? You mind quoting me?

Jmarshmallow

#37 Posted by Wolverine08 (46492 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow:

Kind of sounded like you were insinuating that he was out of his league.

#38 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10545 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Yup. Out of their league. As in not equal.

Never said severely outclassed my friend. Please don't misquote me.

Jmarshmallow

#39 Posted by RogueShadow (12744 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Compliments are happy and cheery and nice, but he really doesn't have the feats to put him as their equal.

Jmarshmallow

Plus this, you actually implied he wasn't intelligent at all, saying he plagiarises & independently has only done things generic comic book smart guys could do.

#40 Edited by Wolverine08 (46492 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

Plus this, you actually implied he wasn't intelligent at all, saying he plagiarises & independently has only done things generic comic book smart guys could do.

Exactly. I really don't know where you got the idea that T'Challa "jacks" all his ideas from Doctor Doom and Reed from Marsh.

Really?

#41 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10878 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow:

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................This is so far from the truth it is not even funny. The only time Black Panther has actually "jacked" any ideas from either Doctor Doom or Mr. Fantastic was during "Doom Wars" when he stole Doctor Doom's plans for a cosmic power absorbing suit. Even then, Doom had only mad a crude exoskeleton of the plan, and T'Challa did all the heavy lifting with creating the suit and eventually. Reed even personally picked T'Challa in New Avengers vol 3 #4 for help in creating an anti matter bomb for destroying worlds.

You pretty much confirmed my suspicion that you actually don't know anything about the Black Panther character with this statement if this is the only intelligent thing you can recall Black Panther achieving. Outsmarting Iron Man when both he and T''Challa had prep, downing Mephisto with absolute ease when given a little prep time, creating anti metal claws/energy daggers/and vibranium soled boots, created an X-Gene (Which gives mutants powers) suppressant on the fly in literally 10 minutes to suppress Typhoid Mary's mutant powers, having contingency plans for Galactus, using contingency plans to defeat a Doctor Doom who was powered with vibranium and magic, building an anti matter bomb with Reed Richards, defeating a Super Skrull with the fighting skills of Captain America, Daredevil, Shang Chi, Elektra, and himself just by analyzing his body movement during the heat of battle and seeing that he had "tells", etc. are all feats of Black Panther's world class intelligence.

The Skrull also had Luke Cages skin and Iron Fist's Iron fist.

#42 Posted by pooty (12140 posts) - - Show Bio

Jmarshmallow

I'm with you on this one JMM. Tchalla is not on their level in terms of intellectual aptitude, inventions or obtained power. With Tchalla i don't know if his inventions are because of him or his team he has working with him. Even if they are his, i don't see anything that puts him on the same level/league as the others. Strategy wise and cunning Tchalla is second to Thanos. In basketball terms, the first 3 are Michael Jordan. Tchalla is Vince Carter

#43 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10545 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Implications are often taken incorrectly, which is the case here.

I never said he wasn't intelligent. I only said he isn't = Reed and Doom.

Apologies if it was taken that way.

Jmarshmallow

#44 Edited by Shawnbaby (10967 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

Actually you sort of did. You referred to T'Challa's Intelligence as "World Class" and Reed and Doom as "Multi-Dimensional"

@jmarshmallow said: