Red X Vs. Owlman

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Red X from the Teen Titans cartoon takes on Owlman as he was in Crisis on Two Earths. Battle is in Slade's lair from the first season of Teen Titans. Who wins?

No Caption Provided

Versus

No Caption Provided

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By never give up

Owlman lmao

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool match.

Avatar image for phantomlantern8
PhantomLantern8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning towards Red X.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@xiix: Thank you sir.

Still not sure who wins this. Owlman was wailing on Batman, while Red X was walking all over the Teen Titans. So feat-wise they seem pretty similar. I might say that Red X is more agile and has a more diverse arsenal, which could work to his advantage, but Owlman seems to be physically stronger and is hardly lacking as far as arsenal is concerned. I would also say Owlman is a better H2H fighter.

Hm. Looking at all of that I may favor Owlman for now. That could change though depending on who else comments.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pistolwhip1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't matter.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up: Same ways he was able to walk over the Teen Titans I'd imagine:

Loading Video...

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's pretty much jason todd ( who I believe red x COULD be)vs a more dangerous version of bats what do you think

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should be known that Red X knew the Titans fighting style and plans and weaknesses, owl man almost destroyed the multiverse hmmmmm

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: No, Red X did not have prep-time or prior knowledge if that's what you're suggesting. There is no evidence to support that. Red X beat the Titans because he's just that good. As to Owlman, he was planning to destroy the multiverse with a bomb that is not a part of his standard arsenal.

Long story short your argument doesn't work.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: I'm saying that if you choose to attack someone you are going to prep, right? So he was ready to fight them. As for owlman's nuke, I was referring more to his planning expertise and ruthlessness, in his fight he seemed to be kicking the crap out of batman. Plus his costume is cooler.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper said:

@shroudofsorrow: I'm saying that if you choose to attack someone you are going to prep, right?

Incorrect. Characters have attacked teams without prepping before. Fact is, there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to suggest that Red X had prior knowledge of the Titans and knew who they were outside of basic information. Part of this has to do with the fact that we don't actually know who Red X is. So assuming that he knows the Titans and went at it the Batman way is silly. No, Red X was just that skilled. If you don't believe that he also takes out several villains' vehicles in a later appearance without breaking a sweat. Are you going to argue that he had prep-time against them to? Because the fact is he didn't.

@shroudofsorrow: As for owlman's nuke, I was referring more to his planning expertise and ruthlessness, in his fight he seemed to be kicking the crap out of batman.

Maybe, but he will never have the time or the means to build such a device in a fight like this, especially when I never said there was prep-time. Not to mention that it would kill him as well as Red X. And as to the last part, yes he was. But Red X was walking all over a whole team of metahumans. So he's hardly incapable of keeping up.

Plus his costume is cooler.

Irrelevant.

9th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red X should win this due to a wider arsenal and more agility.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: yes he did have prior knowledge of the titans, considering he stole the Red X suit from robin. Slade also walks all over the titans and in the show he's not a metahuman. Red X is also suspected to be Jason Todd (ignoring that mask thing) who was also able to walk all over the titans in the comics as red hood. So taking down the titans is irrelevant. You're believe that the guy who beat batman physically would lose to a guy who beats batmans lackeys. And again you don't argue in your own thread

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Owlman. I can't believe people think that Red X has better equipment. Did they forget that Owlman had an invisible jet fighter lmao. His armor also allowed him to physically overpower Wonder Woman.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jacthripper
shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

Owlman. I can't believe people think that Red X has better equipment. Did they forget that Owlman had an invisible jet fighter lmao. His armor also allowed him to physically overpower Wonder Woman.

He doesn't have the jet here. And actually, Wonder Woman ultimately overpowered HIM, not the other way around. Yes, he can use his suit to boost his strength, but not quite to Wonder Woman's level.

@shroudofsorrow: yes he did have prior knowledge of the titans, considering he stole the Red X suit from robin.

That proves nothing as far as showing he knew their exact strengths and weaknesses.

Slade also walks all over the titans and in the show he's not a metahuman.

Blatantly false. Slade did not walk all over Robin in their final fight, and when all the Titans attacked him at once he was rapidly overwhelmed and forced to retreat. He only ever "walked all over them" after being augmented by Trigon, at which point he WAS a metahuman.

Red X is also suspected to be Jason Todd (ignoring that mask thing) who was also able to walk all over the titans in the comics as red hood.

That is nothing more than fan speculation and what comic book Jason Todd does has no bearing one way or the other on what an animated character does in a separate continuity.

So taking down the titans is irrelevant.

Actually no it's not.

You're believe that the guy who beat batman physically would lose to a guy who beats batmans lackeys. And again you don't argue in your own thread

1. I never said Red X would win necessarily, just countering your (laughably bad) rationale as to why Owlman would win

2. The Titans are not Batman's lackeys. That is a ridiculous assessment.

3. I have every right to argue in one of my own threads.

Basically, everything you have said thus far is incorrect but frankly that kind of goes without saying. Please do more research on the characters before participating in a debate.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: yes it does, if he was one

1. Able to steal it from titans tower with their whole database

2. Knows what it was for (Robin as Red X also knew the titans weaknesses)

3. Stole this exact suit out of all of the titans stuff, even though it was only used once previously to be able to beat the titans.

Owlman also had to be overpowered by Wonder Woman, where superwoman practically one shotted batman which suggests a better armor

Also, people kept telling me not to debate on my own thread so I'm sorry about that

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Guardiandevil83

I'm going with Red X. His agility is insane and he may have known who the Titans were, but apparently didn't know everything, if he had, he would have known Starfire could focus her energy through her eyes. He made beating them far more easy looking then Owlman (who I loved in the film) did even beating one guy he held superior stats over. Red also holds no super abilities, and you can only prep so much when dealing with metas. He wasn't touched once except for the Starfire thing, Bruce actually got in licks during the Owlman fight.

At full power I give X a 5/10 win which I find to be fair. He seemed to just like being a dick for the fun of it and wasn't really a killer, Owlman was a f--king sadist and would still win more fights based on that alone. I know his pain threshold is high, can't even imagine as to what constitutes 'rough sex,' with someone like Super Woman.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DarthAznable

Red X has more combat showings (I think). He's definite more agile. Could go either way.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@jacthripper said:

@shroudofsorrow: yes it does, if he was one

1. Able to steal it from titans tower with their whole database

What database? There was no database. He just broke into the tower and stole the suit.

He doesn't ever give any indication that he knew why the suit had been created. He just knew it was there and took it. And Robin knowing his teammates' weaknesses is a given. It does not pertain to this Red X, who is someone else. Someone's who identity is factually not known. Fan-speculation has no bearing here, and even if it did, his being Jason Todd wouldn't mean anything because this isn't comic book Jason Todd. But again, that's not the case.

And? Again, this proves nothing and means nothing. Having the suit does not automatically make him knowledgable of the Titan's weaknesses. He was not prepped. Simple as that. Nothing you say is going to convince me otherwise. Red X was just that good.

Not exactly. Wonder Woman BFRed Owlman, whereas Superwoman fractured/broke one of Batman's ribs. And actually Batman was still able to stand and fight afterwards. He was not one-shotted in any way.

I'm going with Red X. His agility is insane and he may have known who the Titans were, but apparently didn't know everything, if he had, he would have known Starfire could focus her energy through her eyes. He made beating them far more easy looking then Owlman (who I loved in the film) did even beating one guy he held superior stats over. Red also holds no super abilities, and you can only prep so much when dealing with metas. He wasn't touched once except for the Starfire thing, Bruce actually got in licks during the Owlman fight.

At full power I give X a 5/10 win which I find to be fair. He seemed to just like being a dick for the fun of it and wasn't really a killer, Owlman was a f--king sadist and would still win more fights based on that alone. I know his pain threshold is high, can't even imagine as to what constitutes 'rough sex,' with someone like Super Woman.

Decent analysis, but some things to note:

1. The "rough sex" bit is frankly just irrelevant speculation

2. Red X DID NOT HAVE PREP OR PRIOR KNOWLEDGE. There is simply no hard evidence to support this, and I'm getting a little tired of repeating myself. We don't know who Red X is, or what his background is. There is simply no way of proving that he was prepped. None, zip. What we see with the fight is that he knew how to use his arsenal intelligently, but that by itself does not automatically prove he was prepped. It just means he knows how to use his gadgets in a competent and intelligent manner.

3. Fair point about how Batman was able to get in a few hits on Owlman whereas Red X wasn't even touched once. He is definitely more agile, but Owlman I feel compensates for that by being much stronger (and also being able to enhance his strength in a grapple if it comes to that). He also has an arsenal that, while not as robust as Red X's, is still decent. He is also a better hand-to-hand fighter.

And looking through all of that I'm still leaning a bit towards Owlman. Red X may be more agile but Owlman just has the edge in too many other arenas. It is definitely close though, and I don't see it as being a fight that would end any time soon.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By regiebravo

Red X because gadgets.

Batking200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers