Random encounter

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Storm wins.  Her powers are too much, and the fact that he is a machine doesn't help matters.

Kentaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kentaxx

Giving it to Red Tornado, too fast for Storm

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Zoom
White Mage said:
"Storm wins.  Her powers are too much, and the fact that he is a machine doesn't help matters."
What?  Because this is a video game and machines are weak against electricity?

No really.  How does being a machine enter into it?

Red Tornado wins this.  Storm is too fragile and too slow.
Kentaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kentaxx
Zoom said:
"White Mage said:
"Storm wins.  Her powers are too much, and the fact that he is a machine doesn't help matters."
What?  Because this is a video game and machines are weak against electricity?No really.  How does being a machine enter into it?Red Tornado wins this.  Storm is too fragile and too slow."
He probaly played Final Fantasy

1. his name is white mage

2. machines are weak against lighting in FF

But considering that you brought in video games im guessing you know that already
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WARLOCK2792
Zoom said:
"White Mage said:
What?  Because this is a video game and machines are weak against electricity?No really.  How does being a machine enter into it?Red Tornado wins this.  Storm is too fragile and too slow."
Kentaxx said:
"Zoom said:
"White Mage said:
He probaly played Final Fantasy1. his name is white mage2. machines are weak against lighting in FFBut considering that you brought in video games im guessing you know that already "
......................................I'm not sure what to say here.  Seriously, at this current time, I have absolutely no idea how to look at this..............................I'm sorry, I'm failing to see the direct connection of Storm vs. Red Tornado, to Final Fantasy attacks.....really, I have absolutely no idea what is going on with that  statement. 

Anywho, as far as things that can actually be addressed, list something that Red Tornado has done that makes him faster than Storm, and I will concede if it measures up to any one of the scans, or issue lists that I can give.

His being a machine means he can be shorted out unless he runs on some mysterious energy or some crap like that. 
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zoom

He's not running on nine volt batteries that's for sure.

He's an elemental.

Not like Storm will get the chance to hit him either way or like Reddy would be more resistant to electricity if he wasn't a machine.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Storm.OVERKILL.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WARLOCK2792
Zoom said:
"He's not running on nine volt batteries that's for sure.He's an elemental.Not like Storm will get the chance to hit him either way or like Reddy would be more resistant to electricity if he wasn't a machine."
He's a machine.  Unless you mention an energy source he has running through his body that is not found in Earth, Storm can short him out.

Storm is an elemental as well, with far more power than wind, and even more effective ways of using that power.

I still need for you to post something where he is shown to be faster than Storm.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zoom

Storm isn't an elemental.  She just controls the weather.  Not at all the same thing.

White Mage said:

"I still need for you to post something where he is shown to be faster than Storm."

No Caption Provided

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zoom

Storm isn't an elemental.  She just controls the weather.  Not at all the same thing.

White Mage said:

"I still need for you to post something where he is shown to be faster than Storm."

No Caption Provided

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WARLOCK2792
Zoom said:
"Storm isn't an elemental.  She just controls the weather.  Not at all the same thing.

White Mage said:

No Caption Provided
"
1. That really isn't making sense to me.  Please explain, cause Storm's powers over wind are beyond most telekinetics.

2. I see how you could have the belief (from that scan) that he is faster.  But I have seen Storm move considerably fast myself.  Then, there is also the fact that her powers work with thought.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zoom

1. She has wind powers.  She isn't an actual elemental like Swamp Thing, Red Tornado or Firestorm.  Controling the weather isn't something inherent in her.  Its a power she developed.  And frankly, considering others have turned Storm's own power against her and considering she has made storms that she can't even control, I don't think her powers trump the Tornado's.

2. Storm isn't nearly that fast.  Reddy is moving so fast that people on jetpacks can't believe how fast he's going.  He crossed the distance and knocked them down before they could react and fire.  Same thing will happen to Storm.  Reddy will smash her before she knows whats happening.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WARLOCK2792
Zoom said:
"1. She has wind powers.  She isn't an actual elemental like Swamp Thing, Red Tornado or Firestorm.  Controling the weather isn't something inherent in her.  Its a power she developed.  And frankly, considering others have turned Storm's own power against her and considering she has made storms that she can't even control, I don't think her powers trump the Tornado's.2. Storm isn't nearly that fast.  Reddy is moving so fast that people on jetpacks can't believe how fast he's going.  He crossed the distance and knocked them down before they could react and fire.  Same thing will happen to Storm.  Reddy will smash her before she knows whats happening."
1. I still do not understand what the difference is.  If she can control winds in all forms, and use them for just about anything, what is separating her from Red Tornado's level of power?  Also, her powers have more than grown over the years.  And although some people have been able to turn her powers against her, it isn't like she has never done the same exact thing.  Also, again, she has more than wind at her disposal, and I still have not seen anything that says she can't send an EMP. 

2. In movement?  Or in thought?  Cause seeing as how the latter is how quickly she is capable of using her powers, it really wouldn't matter.  Also, she has reached speeds that only jets could match.  She zoomed by Dazzler and some guy, and the flew into the air because of the winds she was using to move forwards.  The fact that she is in tune with her environment at all times is also something that will benefit her. 
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WARLOCK2792

I  Googled Red Tornado's powers, but I got (pretty much) the same thing from all sources.  I have yet to see anything that would say that he defeats Storm. 

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zoom

White Mage

said:
"1. I still do not understand what the difference is."

The difference is that he's not a robot you can unplug.

White Mage said:

"And although some people have been able to turn her powers against her, it isn't like she has never done the same exact thing."

Not sure what you mean by "same exact thing."  Point being her powers don't protect her from the Red Tornado's.

White Mage said:

"I still have not seen anything that says she can't send an EMP. "

a) She'll be koed before she can try.
b) It won't work.

White Mage said:

"2. In movement?  Or in thought?"

Yes.

Storm goes down before she can react.

White Mage said:

"I  Googled Red Tornado's powers, but I got (pretty much) the same thing from all sources.  I have yet to see anything that would say that he defeats Storm.  "

Good thing you googled it.  Because Google is so helpful when determining comic book battles.  I gave you one page of a comic book that tells you something about him that Google couldn't.

You've clearly never read a comic with Red Tornado in it.  You're not in a very good position to judge this fight.  But I am.  I've read 30 years of X-Men comics.  I'm telling you.  Storm can't beat the Red Tornado.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Red Tornado

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WARLOCK2792
Zoom said:
"

White Mage

said:
"1. I still do not understand what the difference is."

The difference is that he's not a robot you can unplug.

White Mage said:

"And although some people have been able to turn her powers against her, it isn't like she has never done the same exact thing."

Not sure what you mean by "same exact thing."  Point being her powers don't protect her from the Red Tornado's.

White Mage said:

"I still have not seen anything that says she can't send an EMP. "

a) She'll be koed before she can try.
b) It won't work.

White Mage said:

"2. In movement?  Or in thought?"

Yes.

Storm goes down before she can react.

White Mage said:

"I  Googled Red Tornado's powers, but I got (pretty much) the same thing from all sources.  I have yet to see anything that would say that he defeats Storm.  "

Good thing you googled it.  Because Google is so helpful when determining comic book battles.  I gave you one page of a comic book that tells you something about him that Google couldn't.

You've clearly never read a comic with Red Tornado in it.  You're not in a very good position to judge this fight.  But I am.  I've read 30 years of X-Men comics.  I'm telling you.  Storm can't beat the Red Tornado.

"
1. He's a robot.  Last I checked, that is all that she needed in order to send an electromagnetic pulse.  She hasn't had to unplug all the other Cyborg's/Robots she's Emp'd either, so my point still stands.

2. I need proof of that.  Cause quite frankly I have not been shown anything that would show this.  And what I mean by "same exact thing" is that she has used her powers to override other's abilities.  And she's only gotten stronger.

3. Again, I still have not seen anything that would say that he is absolutely faster than she is.  Especially since she can move as fast as the wind can.  And since Red Tornado's powers are apparently wind-based, I don't see how he has THAT much leverage.  And again, prove that he can't have an emp sent to his system, and I will believe that it won't work if Storm attempts it.

4. Yes to which one?  I ask so that I can show a scan that will show just why I think she can take him out.  As far as the "B" part of that statement is concerned, again, I haven't seen anything that shows he's too fast for her. 

5. I will warn you this one time, I am not appreciating the "smartass" tone your comment has.  If you want to make your point, do so, but in a respectable manner.  Your scan did not show anything that I can't counter with a scan of my own, whether it be how fast Storm can go, or how fast her powers work.  Two men on jetpacks seeing that he was headed towards them, talking to him as he was flying towards them, and commenting "he's gone, how fast can that sucker move" isn't very convincing, and doesn't stray too far from his "speed" powers that I got from google.  Your scan didn't add, or take away from anything I looked up.  Also, (no offense) I don't care how long you have been reading X-Men.  I have read enough to be convinced of Storm's ability to take on Red Tornado based on what you have said, and the scan you posted.  And since you believe that I am not in a very good position to judge this fight, why don't you post something else in order to actually prove me wrong?  As I said before, show me that she clearly loses, and I will concede.  Scan something, quote something, anything you have with your Red Tornado knowledge would be beneficial.  But before you state that I am not in a good position to judge the fight, maybe it would be better for you to consider that I know enough about STORM for this debate to have continued for this long. 
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zoom

I'll try saying it slower.

SSSSTTTTTOOOOOORRRRRMMMMM

IIIIIISSSSS

NNNNNNOOOOOTTTTT

FFFFFFFAAAAASSSSSTTTTT

EEEEENNNNNNNOOOOOOUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH

Knowing a lot about one of the characters doesn't mean you know enough to judge.  You have to know enough about BOTH characters.  You clearly only know about one of them.

That's why everyone is telling you that you're wrong.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WARLOCK2792
Zoom said:
"

I'll try saying it slower.

SSSSTTTTTOOOOOORRRRRMMMMM

IIIIIISSSSS

NNNNNNOOOOOTTTTT

FFFFFFFAAAAASSSSSTTTTT

EEEEENNNNNNNOOOOOOUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH

Knowing a lot about one of the characters doesn't mean you know enough to judge.  You have to know enough about BOTH characters.  You clearly only know about one of them.

That's why everyone is telling you that you're wrong.

"
1. You say "everyone" as if there have been ssssooooo many people who have gone in your favor. 

2. So let me get this straight, after I told you that you haven't proven anything to me with what you posted, and after I nicely asked you to post something with greater detail, you respond by saying the same damn thing with bigger letters?  I mean seriously.

3. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.  The point here, is to make a convincing argument for your character.  I have made at least 3 for mine.  You repeatedly say the same thing over and over and over again, without providing any kind of proof, citation, or quotes.  You know, the three things that I kindly asked you for? 

You haven't given proof to Red Tornado's EMP immunity, you haven't given proof to his truly being faster than Storm (and not even a comparison to another fast character), and your only defense is that Storm is not "fast enough" even though you haven't given me anything that says Red Tornado is not limited to the speeds of the wind.
Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Tornado easily, and is annoyed he faced a opponent that wasn't even a challenge for him.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By pixelized

How would he win????

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zoom
White Mage said:
"You haven't given proof to Red Tornado's EMP immunity"
T. O. Morrow.

Simple as that.

Now stop asking me for proof and provide some of your own.
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WARLOCK2792
pixelized said:
"How would he win???? "
That's the same damn thing I keep asking, with no true response.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zoom
pixelized said:
"How would he win???? "
With a punch to the face or a burst of wind strong enough to shatter steel.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pixelized
White Mage said:
"pixelized said:
"How would he win???? "
That's the same damn thing I keep asking, with no true response."
Maybe he blows her skin off.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Zoom
pixelized said:
"White Mage said:
"pixelized said:
"How would he win???? "
That's the same damn thing I keep asking, with no true response."
Maybe he blows her skin off."
More likely her head.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pixelized
Zoom said:
"pixelized said:
"How would he win???? "
With a punch to the face or a burst of wind strong enough to shatter steel."
Everyone knows storm wears a helmet!
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WARLOCK2792
Zoom said:
"White Mage said:
"You haven't given proof to Red Tornado's EMP immunity"
T. O. Morrow.Simple as that.Now stop asking me for proof and provide some of your own."
It would've been nice if you would've asked this before.  EVERYONE here knows that I have scans of just about every major feat she has accomplished.

Zoom said:
"pixelized said:
"How would he win???? "
With a punch to the face."
You still haven't shown anything.

The first is a full storm in the "blink of an eye"

The second is a powerful assault that was unleashed within a very short period of time.

The third is her redirecting an element that she manipulates, and getting pissed off that Blitzkrieg even attempted it.  I use this to show that she can overcome people with powers similar to hers.

The fourth is her creating lightning out of nowhere.

The fifth is her creating two tornados out of nowhere in order to kill two enemy pilots, then she gracefully floats back over to hear Black Panther propose. 

I'll post more later showing that he'll be a tin can when she's threw with him unless you provide something that actually shows that he is immune to her emp's.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WARLOCK2792
Zoom said:
"pixelized said:
"How would he win???? "
With a punch to the face or a burst of wind strong enough to shatter steel."
Her winds have been said to be strong enough to level mountains.  Next please.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Zoom
White Mage said:
"Her winds have been said to be strong enough to level mountains.  Next please."
Which is great and all except that those winds won't hurt Red Tornado, whereas Storm isn't gonna be able to stop his attack.
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WARLOCK2792
Zoom said:
"White Mage said:
"Her winds have been said to be strong enough to level mountains.  Next please."
Which is great and all except that those winds won't hurt Red Tornado, whereas Storm isn't gonna be able to stop his attack."
He has wind.  She has lightning, cold, emp's, wind, rain, blinding light attacks, and heat.  I'm betting on lightning. 
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zoom
White Mage said:
"He has wind.  She has lightning, cold, emp's, and heat.  I'm betting on lightning.  "
This isn't a matter of versitility.  Its a matter of only one of the fighters being conscious 1 second into the fight.
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WARLOCK2792
Zoom said:
"White Mage said:
"He has wind.  She has lightning, cold, emp's, and heat.  I'm betting on lightning.  "
This isn't a matter of versitility.  Its a matter of only one of the fighters being conscious 1 second into the fight."
Then he's a dead man, seeing as how nothing I have seen will prove different.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zoom

White Mage said:

"Then he's a dead man, seeing as how nothing I have seen will prove different."

That's hardly giving him a fair shake since the totality of what "you have seen" involving the Red Tornado appears to be that one picture on the first page. ^_^

Closing your eyes and ignoring facts doesn't make you right.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36  Edited By Erik

Storm. 

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By WARLOCK2792
Zoom said:
"

White Mage said:

"Then he's a dead man, seeing as how nothing I have seen will prove different."

That's hardly giving him a fair shake since the totality of what "you have seen" involving the Red Tornado appears to be that one picture on the first page. ^_^

"
He's fast?  That's the million dollar fact you can give me?  I find it funny that you insist on not posting anything to support your claims.  But whatever, the fact remains that he is a cyborg, and Storm can send an emp to him, rendering him useless or dead.  What's worse is that you appear to have no other evidence than simply saying "he's fast" and referencing the picture which you said before was apparently something that I could not have found on google.  With a thought, she could summon a big ass lightning bolt to finish him.  With a thought, she could send an emp to his brain.  I have yet to see anything he can summon that she can't summon/control on her own, so as far as winds are concerned, I'd at least say stalemate.  But that's where her having versatility comes into play.  Need I remind you that she has drained the energy out of "objects" before?  Why then would there be a special case for him?  And if she adds rain to the assault, then that would be even worse. 
SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By SUNMAN

Storm takes this. She is stronger and has a bigger arsenal.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Zoom
White Mage said:
"I find it funny that you insist on not posting anything to support your claims."
If you must know, its because I recently got a new computer and only my Flash and Young Justice comics have been scanned.  I'd love to show you more feats but I don't have my Justice League scans on this computer.

So you can either believe me or you can just continue to assume that I'm making this up out of some odd need to have people think Red Tornado is better than he really is.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By castleking

im not sure about the winner, i know storm can create an electrical base emp wave that might take red down. all i know about red was when he was with young justice as a guardian he didnt seem to powerful at all. i know he controls tornado type attacks but outside of that havent seen him to much. i know red is durable and can probably ko storm in one punch but not sure if a lightling strike will shut him down?

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zoom

A lightning strike probably will, but only if it hits him dead on.

EMP won't do anything to him.  He's T. O. Morrow tech fueled by an elemental.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WARLOCK2792
Zoom said:
"White Mage said:
"I find it funny that you insist on not posting anything to support your claims."
If you must know, its because I recently got a new computer and only my Flash and Young Justice comics have been scanned.  I'd love to show you more feats but I don't have my Justice League scans on this computer.So you can either believe me or you can just continue to assume that I'm making this up out of some odd need to have people think Red Tornado is better than he really is."
Stop twisting my words around.  I haven't said anything about you making stuff up.  I have simply called a spade a spade.  You haven't shown anything (this is what, my fifth time saying this to you?) to prove that this is an open and shut case.  You haven't given a quote, you haven't given a scan, and you haven't even given an issue #.  I understand your computer situation, I had a similar issue in the past, but damn, could you not have at least read something and gave the issue quote?  I asked you for any kind of proof that you had.  I didn't ask you to drive to my house and give me the actual comic. 
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By WARLOCK2792
Zoom said:
"A lightning strike probably will, but only if it hits him dead on.EMP won't do anything to him.  He's T. O. Morrow tech fueled by an elemental."

No Caption Provided
If you want, I can post one where she is sending multiple lightning bolts, in an even wider range.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By castleking

i am gonna have to go with storm with lightning strikes.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Zoom
White Mage said:
"You haven't shown anything (this is what, my fifth time saying this to you?) to prove that this is an open and shut case."
And you haven't shown me anything to prove Storm has a shot either.

I'm not trying to prove it to you. I don't have the scans to do that.  I'm merely stating the fact.  Red Tornado wins.
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By WARLOCK2792
Zoom said:
"White Mage said:
"You haven't shown anything (this is what, my fifth time saying this to you?) to prove that this is an open and shut case."
And you haven't shown me anything to prove Storm has a shot either.

I'm not trying to prove it to you. I don't have the scans to do that.  I'm merely stating the fact.  Red Tornado wins."
If you can sit there and say that with absolute confidence, then I think it is time that you look back on what you have said. 

Zoom
said:
Come on now, you said it yourself.  Only this time you are ignoring scans as well as power statements. 

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zoom

I'm not ignoring your scans or your power statements.  I'm fully aware of what Storm is capable of.  I'm saying that Red Tornado is fast enough to ko her before she can do any of those things.

You're telling me to prove it and then saying I'm wrong when I don't post scans proving it.  That's ignoring the fact.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By SUNMAN

Unless they start close up I do not think Red Tornado will KO her right away Storm has good reaction speed. He might surprise her cause Red is fast, but I think Storm prevails in the end.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Zoom

If Storm had any kind of super durability or had shown any resistance to weather powers in the past, I might believe that.

As is, she's gonna go down in one hit and Reddy is gonna get the first hit in.  I don't see how anything else enters the equation.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#50  Edited By The_Martian

How powerful is Red Tornado now? I know back in the 80's he appeared in Captain Atom and was like the embodiment of the spirit of wind or something. I think he's been decreased since then though.