#1 Posted by Phylos (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Sonja vs. X-23 

Round 1: 
-Win by KO or Incapacitation. 
-No prep. 
-No bystanders. 
-Red Sonja is equipped with a vibranium shield & the muramasa blade. (muramasa blades

Round 2: 
-Win by Death. 
-Bloodlusted. 
-No prep. 
-No bystanders. 
-Red Sonja is still equipped with the same weapons, but she also has an adamantium axe on her back. 
-Lady Deathstrike has joined X-23. 

(Both battles take place in the same location, each start 80 feet apart) 
(Please use logic & reasoning)

#2 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1057 posts) - - Show Bio
Seems to be a good match-up. I'm leaning toward X-23.
#3 Posted by Phylos (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

bump.

#4 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2926 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23 should win.

#5 Posted by theicon (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

x wins

#6 Posted by Blood_guts (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone ever consider that both people could die from this? i see sonya getting a mortal wound and decapitating x-23

#7 Posted by Phylos (2675 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood_guts said:
anyone ever consider that both people could die from this? i see sonya getting a mortal wound and decapitating x-23

i've had my money on red, but that doesnt sound bad at all, what about round 2?
#8 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Sonja has never done anything that X-23 could not replicate or outperform.

#9 Posted by odinswrath (96 posts) - - Show Bio

im with red on both 

#10 Posted by Blood_guts (1310 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phylos: well they can both climb on top of the temple and leap attack her too. i think two people makes the shield less effective. she might wanna swap out for her axe and sword combo. i just see deathstrike going for a kamicaze. i see sonya getting killed and maybe killing death strike. regen is a big factor in a battle with edged weapons
#11 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23.

#12 Posted by Phylos (2675 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood_guts said:
@Phylos: well they can both climb on top of the temple and leap attack her too. i think two people makes the shield less effective. she might wanna swap out for her axe and sword combo. i just see deathstrike going for a kamicaze. i see sonya getting killed and maybe killing death strike. regen is a big factor in a battle with edged weapons

sonja's berserk state just might give her the second round. the first round, egh, it could go either way. but, because of the muramasa blade, ill lean to sonja, until im shown otherwise.
#13 Posted by Blood_guts (1310 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phylos:  well is x-23 blood lusted as in scent trigger kind of effect?
#14 Posted by Phylos (2675 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood_guts said:
@Phylos:  well is x-23 blood lusted as in scent trigger kind of effect?

round 1, no. round 2, everyone is bloodlusted.
#15 Posted by Blood_guts (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

i say the first one is a draw but round two is a slaughter. sonya has the reach advantage and protection of the shield but Laura can undersweep her shins in half. i think regen in a blade fight really helps. x-23 can hold out for a long time healing

#16 Posted by theicon (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

both die    death stalemate

#17 Posted by Blood_guts (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

oops im sorry i didn't see the muramasa part at all i must sound like a ret*rd. death stalemate first fight death stalemate second fight  if deathstrike attacks first if not she lives and x-23 and sonya take eachother out

#18 Posted by Phylos (2675 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood_guts said:
oops im sorry i didn't see the muramasa part at all i must sound like a ret*rd. death stalemate first fight death stalemate second fight  if deathstrike attacks first if not she lives and x-23 and sonya take eachother out

dont worry you dont lol.
#19 Posted by Phylos (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

i keep coming back to this on sonja's bio page : 

" Red Sonja is a virtually unparalleled sword-master of her era, having fought and defeated countless enemies with her blade. Even Conan, himself a legendary swordsman, cannot best her in a duel. Though the sword is Sonja’s weapon of choice, she is just as skilled with other weapons and can gain expertise with unfamiliar ones with minimal training. She is an accomplished archer and demonstrates remarkable accuracy with any distance weapon. Sonja’s mastery of arms includes being able to quickly improvise and construct weapons with any available materials at hand, so that even when seemingly disarmed, she is rarely weaponless." 

"Sonja has mastered the martial arts disciplines of her era and is a deadly fighter even without any weapons. She has taken down many enemies larger than herself merely with her fists and feet." 

"When greatly angered or outnumbered, Sonja can go into a berserker fury, significantly increasing her strength and deadliness in battle. She has single-handedly annihilated waves of armed opponents while in this state, literally becoming a one-woman army." 

" As the chosen favorite of the goddess Scathach, Red Sonja is seemingly watched over by her in much the same way a guardian angel would. Despite wearing no armor (since her metal bikini hardly counts as such), Sonja has fought her way through countless bloody battles and performed numerous death-defying feats while emerging virtually unscathed, usually suffering only scratches or minor wounds at most. While much of this can be attributed to her uncanny fighting skill and superb athleticism, many feel that Red Sonja also enjoys divine aid and protection by the red goddess in some way, adding to her legend and instilling greater fear in her enemies as a result." 

" Red Sonja's diverse physical skills include swimming, climbing, acrobatics, and escape artistry. She is an expert horseback rider and an accomplished sailor. Sonja is highly intelligent and resourceful, and possesses a keen understanding of warfare and battle strategy. Her charisma makes her a natural leader when called upon, though she usually prefers to operate alone. While she distrusts magic, she is well acquainted with it and instinctively understands how to deal with the supernatural – a necessity when battling her greatest enemy, Kulan Gath"