#1 Posted by AQD (82 posts) - - Show Bio

No weapons
Who wins?

Red Sonja_2

#2 Posted by Picard (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't remember correctly but is Conan and Sonja possess any powers? If not: :)

#3 Posted by AQD (82 posts) - - Show Bio
@Picard said:

" I don't remember correctly but is Conan and Sonja possess any powers? If not: :)

"

Conan and Sonja are both peak human with great fighting skills, so it would be an epic fight. :D

Nice vid. :)
#4 Posted by Scarbearer (770 posts) - - Show Bio

The Argument has been made that in the Hyborean age, peak human strength/endurance/agility was greater than what it is in this modern age because it was a much harsher time.  I'm not sure if that argument holds water, but I feel pretty comfortable in saying that super human prowess is the only thing that would give Buffy and Faith any kind of a chance against these two.

#5 Posted by Picard (1076 posts) - - Show Bio
@scarbearer: Nice avatar! ;) About Buffy and Faith... you know that they possesses Slayers memories about fighting styles, and fighting exprience from all around the world, from all different times, right? Look at conversation between Buffy and Meric:

#6 Posted by AQD (82 posts) - - Show Bio
@Picard: Awesome scan! I was wondering why people were saying that Buffy had the memories of the other slayers. I thought it may have been mentioned on the TV series.
#7 Posted by Picard (1076 posts) - - Show Bio
@AQD said:

" @Picard: Awesome scan! I was wondering why people were saying that Buffy had the memories of the other slayers. I thought it may have been mentioned on the TV series. "

Actually, it was mentioned here:
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damage_%28Angel%29
" Dana, channeling Nikki, recognizes Spike as William the Bloody. Before he can explain that she’s dreaming of other Slayers, she injects him with a sedative "
#8 Posted by AQD (82 posts) - - Show Bio
@Picard: Thanks for that. :) I only watched Angel up to season 4.
#9 Posted by AQD (82 posts) - - Show Bio
@Picard: Here's some cool scans I found of Conan fighting Wolverine. I'll try and find some of Sonja too.

#10 Edited by WWQ (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Sonja and Conan

#11 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8460 posts) - - Show Bio

@WWQ said:

Red Sonja and Conan

Without any weapons Buffy and Faith have a huge advantage here, due to their superior strength, and durability.

#12 Posted by WWQ (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty: Are you sure their stronger? Also, Sonja and Conan are better fighters, in my opinion.

#13 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8460 posts) - - Show Bio

@WWQ: Yes, very sure they are stronger. And absolutely certain they are more durable.

#14 Posted by WWQ (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty: In the scans posted in this thread, Conan beat Wolverine and he is a lot more durable than Buffy and Faith because of his adamantium skeleton and healing factor.

#15 Posted by BigCimmerian (9996 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty said:

@WWQ: Yes, very sure they are stronger. And absolutely certain they are more durable.

So Buffy is superhuman? Many people on the vine would agree that Conan is 2 tonner, but I doubt that

#16 Posted by WWQ (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: I think Buffy and Faith are both superhuman.

#17 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8460 posts) - - Show Bio

@WWQ: Wolverine's showings are all over the place. Also, are you sure that is Cannon?

And while Logan is durable, he isn't durable in the same way Slayers are. He heals, and is has unbreakable bones. They have exceptional durability against blunt force, which he doesn't share.

@BigCimmerian: Yes, all Slayers are far above human limits.

At the end of the day this is a battle which really favors the Slayers. Conan and Sonja are primarily weapon users. They are good hand to hand without weapons, but its not their main focus like Buffy and Faith. Without an edge weapon to cause a lot of damage to a Slayer, and without a way to match the Slayers physical abilities they are at a large disadvantage here.

Honestly I don't feel like this battle is entirely fair, simply because of the durability issue. A battle with weapons would be a lot more fair.

#18 Posted by WWQ (200 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lady_Liberty: I don't know if the scans posted are cannon.

Conan and Sonja have fought more powerful people than Buffy and Faith and the slayers have to use weapons to defeat vampires, so they are also primarily weapon users.

Here's some scans I found of Conan:

#19 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8460 posts) - - Show Bio

@WWQ: The arrow showing was nice, but none of the rest is even in Buffy's league, much less a threat to her.

#20 Posted by WWQ (200 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lady_Liberty: Would Buffy be able to recover from getting shot with arrows and carry on fighting? I recall Angel getting shot with an arrow by Faith and he almost died and when Buffy stabbed Faith in Graduation Day, Faith lost the fight, so I'd say Conan and Sonja are more durable than they are.
#21 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8460 posts) - - Show Bio

@WWQ: Angel isn't in this battle, so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

And the knife Buffy stabbed Faith with is a lot bigger then those arrows, and went in a lot deeper too. It was also driven by the superhuman power of Slayer strength, not some random flunky archer.

Buffy has been hit with a semi truck going pretty fast, and jumped right back up. She's taken beating after beating and shrugged them off and kept going. She has far more durability to blunt force then Conan or Sonja.

#22 Posted by metalman24 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Leaning tords team 2, Buffy showed to be stronger than sonja, but conan i don't know.

#23 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

@WWQ said:

@Lady_Liberty: Would Buffy be able to recover from getting shot with arrows and carry on fighting? I recall Angel getting shot with an arrow by Faith and he almost died and when Buffy stabbed Faith in Graduation Day, Faith lost the fight, so I'd say Conan and Sonja are more durable than they are.

The arrow that Faith shot Angel with had mystic qualities....that's why they needed the blood of a slayer in order to cure him

#24 Posted by terry2012 (6500 posts) - - Show Bio

@WWQ: This

#25 Posted by Ferro Vida (34318 posts) - - Show Bio
@WWQ said:
@Lady_Liberty: Would Buffy be able to recover from getting shot with arrows and carry on fighting? I recall Angel getting shot with an arrow by Faith and he almost died and when 
An arrow tipped with a poison that was designed to do that to him. Angel has also caught a crossbow bolt fired at his back from five feet away.
#26 Posted by WWQ (200 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lady_Liberty said:

@WWQ: Angel isn't in this battle, so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

And the knife Buffy stabbed Faith with is a lot bigger then those arrows, and went in a lot deeper too. It was also driven by the superhuman power of Slayer strength, not some random flunky archer.

Buffy has been hit with a semi truck going pretty fast, and jumped right back up. She's taken beating after beating and shrugged them off and kept going. She has far more durability to blunt force then Conan or Sonja.

I mentioned it because slayers and vampires have about the same durability, but it looks like I was wrong about Angel, since the arrow had magic qualities. 

Sonja and Conan have taken on armies, gods, beasts and many more and they have a lot more experience.

Here's a scan I found of Sonja and Spider Man. If Sonja can hang with him, she can definitely beat Buffy.

#27 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8460 posts) - - Show Bio

@WWQ: Lol she didn't seem to even hurt Peter.

#28 Posted by UltraBiel (329 posts) - - Show Bio

Slayers wins easily!

Who watched the series knows that they were created in the ancient times trough magic to protect the entire humanity from demons

In the 5th season buffy fought toe to toe with a godess who almost ruled hell

Buffy and Faith survived, car/truck // being hit by powerfull magic // bullets(who knows if Conan and Red Sonja would survive bullets) // faced and defeated a large number of enemies whose primary weapon were swords.

#29 Posted by UltraBiel (329 posts) - - Show Bio

@WWQ said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

I mentioned it because slayers and vampires have about the same durability, but it looks like I was wrong about Angel, since the arrow had magic qualities.

Sonja and Conan have taken on armies, gods, beasts and many more and they have a lot more experience.

Here's a scan I found of Sonja and Spider Man. If Sonja can hang with him, she can definitely beat Buffy.

Slayers don't have the same durability of vampires they are a lot stronger, but some vampires knew different dark arts and used to enhance their abilities like Dracula, and the master from the first season.

The only that stand a chance against a slayer is a "Uber vampire" a primitive form of vampires thar are ressurected by the "First" in the last season of the TV series.

#30 Posted by cliffrice (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@WWQ said:

The arrow that Faith shot Angel with had mystic qualities....that's why they needed the blood of a slayer in order to cure him

The arrow was normal but the poison on said arrow was magical. Conan Wrestles Giant lizards and Dinosaurs and is described many a time as ening agile as a panther. Anso on more than one ocasion he has fought 30+ opponents at once and won. Sonja Skillwise is in conans league in skill and not to bad a physical specimen herself though not in the lower end super human that conan sports. Buffy and faith have8-11 years of monster fighting experience Conan Was born on a battlefeild and was killing grown men at a young age. Figuring the conan in those scans looks to be around 30+ or so its probably safe to say that conan has more experience than both of them put together. Couple with the fact Sonja is there than i give it to team conan.

#31 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8460 posts) - - Show Bio

@cliffrice: Buffy and Faith both have far higher physical stats, and when they dream the dream the lives and battles of the Slayers before them. That gives them a huge amount of experience.

#32 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

@cliffrice said:

@White Mage said:

@WWQ said:

The arrow was normal but the poison on said arrow was magical.

My point is that that particular example doesn't belong with the other one.

#33 Posted by cliffrice (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty said:

@cliffrice: Buffy and Faith both have far higher physical stats, and when they dream the dream the lives and battles of the Slayers before them. That gives them a huge amount of experience.

Whats Buffy and Faiths greatest Physical feats without outside help?

#34 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8460 posts) - - Show Bio

@cliffrice: Hrm, kicking a bank vault door down is probably Buffy's top strength feat. Not sure about Faiths, grappling with Buffy as a physical equal probably.

#35 Posted by cliffrice (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

Did she pick down the bank vault in her Golden age superman level power that seems high for her typical showings.

#36 Edited by Picard (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

@WWQ said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

For all I know this is not even cannon - just like scan of Conan cuting Cap America with the sword. Personally I'm open to learn some more about Conan and Sonja, so I will happy to read something about them. I also ask you to say if this is a book, comic or movie versions of those characters? @cliffrice said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

Whats Buffy and Faiths greatest Physical feats without outside help?

Lifting up portcullis made from iron, cuting Caleb in half- who was more resilient than stone, since he punched his fist through stone pillar -, tearing off stalagmite with one hand and using it like a mace, braking chain with one arm, punching fist through demon and through concrete wall etc.

@cliffrice said:

@White Mage said:

@WWQ said:

The arrow was normal but the poison on said arrow was magical. Conan Wrestles Giant lizards and Dinosaurs and is described many a time as ening agile as a panther. Anso on more than one ocasion he has fought 30+ opponents at once and won. Sonja Skillwise is in conans league in skill and not to bad a physical specimen herself though not in the lower end super human that conan sports. Buffy and faith have8-11 years of monster fighting experience Conan Was born on a battlefeild and was killing grown men at a young age. Figuring the conan in those scans looks to be around 30+ or so its probably safe to say that conan has more experience than both of them put together. Couple with the fact Sonja is there than i give it to team conan.

Both Buffy and Faith have memories and skills of past Slayars - it's silimiar to memories from Assassin's creed or Trill memories from Star Trek Deep Space Nine. I know little to nothing about Conan and Sonja but I don't think that they are more experienced than people who have access to memoryof every Slayer who ever lived.

#37 Posted by cliffrice (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

Yet they dont seem to have the fighting skills of Conan. Now i haven't read every comic book but i don't recall Buffy fighting dozens and dozens of enemies without a bunch of friends. Conan has.

#38 Posted by Picard (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

@cliffrice said:

Yet they dont seem to have the fighting skills of Conan. Now i haven't read every comic book but i don't recall Buffy fighting dozens and dozens of enemies without a bunch of friends. Conan has.

Maybe but, one: how skilled and strong were does oponents that Conan have faced?, two: did Conan mastered any form of eastern martial arts like Buffy & Faith? Three: did he was fighting unarmed - OP says that they fight h2h - or did he had a sword?

#39 Posted by cliffrice (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

Well conan has broken bones with just the crushing power of his hands. I would say he is a Verry competent brawler and an expert grappler able to H2H with gorillas with ease. Pretty much every person Conan puncher goes down in one hit he is also able to Nock out camels and horses with one punch as well. As for specificaly mastered martial arts im not sure if there was much besides early forms of wrestling and brawling developed at the time.

#40 Posted by Picard (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

@cliffrice said:

Well conan has broken bones with just the crushing power of his hands. I would say he is a Verry competent brawler and an expert grappler able to H2H with gorillas with ease. Pretty much every person Conan puncher goes down in one hit he is also able to Nock out camels and horses with one punch as well. As for specificaly mastered martial arts im not sure if there was much besides early forms of wrestling and brawling developed at the time.

Thanks for the info. But I don't see how he is on her level of strenght - breaking bones is something that she was doing casually: like when she snapped some guy's wrist in BTVS: Hush and when she broke watcher's rib in BTVS: Checkpoint. He seems to be superhuman, but I don't think he is on Slayer level of strenght. Also what you just said, he is a brawler and she is martial artist. Sorry, but all things consider I don't think he can win in straight up fight

#41 Posted by cliffrice (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

@cliffrice said:

Thanks for the info. But I don't see how he is on her level of strenght - breaking bones is something that she was doing casually: like when she snapped some guy's wrist in BTVS: Hush and when she broke watcher's rib in BTVS: Checkpoint. He seems to be superhuman, but I don't think he is on Slayer level of strenght. Also what you just said, he is a brawler and she is martial artist. Sorry, but all things consider I don't think he can win in straight up fight

Idont know. In Actual fights Grapplers tend to outshine strikers (though it comics it seems different so maybe a moot point) also i recall some of the savage sword of conan issues where conan throws some bolders (maybe it was a stone block cant remember 100%) at people.

#42 Posted by fanofsuperheroes (224 posts) - - Show Bio

Since the OP states that it is no weapons, they wouldn't be able to stab nor shoot them with arrows. H2H the slayers have them beat. I'm pretty confident that weapon wise the slayers would also have them beat. The difference here is that Conan and Red Sonja are great fighters but they got their by challenging and beating weaker foes. The slayers are bred and TRAINED to fight, H2H and with many weapons. Add in the slayer powerset and Lady_Liberty is correct, this isn't a fair fight.

#43 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

@fanofsuperheroes said:

Since the OP states that it is no weapons, they wouldn't be able to stab nor shoot them with arrows. H2H the slayers have them beat. I'm pretty confident that weapon wise the slayers would also have them beat. The difference here is that Conan and Red Sonja are great fighters but they got their by challenging and beating weaker foes. The slayers are bred and TRAINED to fight, H2H and with many weapons. Add in the slayer powerset and Lady_Liberty is correct, this isn't a fair fight.

What do you mean by that? :]