#1 Edited by copete (1075 posts) - - Show Bio

They fight in Bane's layer from DKR.

Comic or movie versions up for discussion.

No prep and no morals. No cosmic cube.

This is Red Skull before he had Xavier's brain implanted in his red skull.

#2 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Red Skull should theoretically win - he's also a recipient of the SSS, and considering he did superbly against Cap, I'd venture he'd do a lot better against peak-human Bane.

Comic Skull vs. present New 52 Bane is a little tricker; Skull might win assuming he has his pre-death body (which was a clone of Steve's) and gear like the dust of death. Then again, if we're considering present versions, doesn't he have Xavier's brain now?

Also, neither one of them are exactly known for morals.

#3 Posted by copete (1075 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Movie Red Skull should theoretically win - he's also a recipient of the SSS, and considering he did superbly against Cap, I'd venture he'd do a lot better against peak-human Bane.

Comic Skull vs. present New 52 Bane is a little tricker; Skull might win assuming he has his pre-death body (which was a clone of Steve's) and gear like the dust of death. Then again, if we're considering present versions, doesn't he have Xavier's brain now?

Also, neither one of them are exactly known for morals.

good point!! I almost forgot about his new Xavier like powers.

#4 Posted by Fallschirmjager (16285 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: TDKR Bane isn't peak human. He beat up a 40 year old Batman who's body was shot. Nothing he did was peak human, really.

#5 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

@veshark: TDKR Bane isn't peak human. He beat up a 40 year old Batman who's body was shot. Nothing he did was peak human, really.

Ehh, I guess I should say fit person in good condition. He did punch out a concrete wall, which was notable.

#6 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16285 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: That doesn't mean peak human though. Regular humans break concrete bricks all the time.

Plus his skill is highly overrated by people at times. If you watch both fights Batman and Bane are basically having a boxing match each time.

I think Skull would stomp him, personally assuming he's = Captain america

#7 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: That doesn't mean peak human though. Regular humans break concrete bricks all the time.

Plus his skill is highly overrated by people at times. If you watch both fights Batman and Bane are basically having a boxing match each time.

I think Skull would stomp him, personally assuming he's = Captain america

It wasn't brick so much as a solid concrete pillar, though he did just crack the surface. I would agree that while it seems he would have a high degree of skill (League of Assassins training, based on reputation), it can be overrated.

Maybe my wording wasn't clear, but when I refer to Bane being a 'peak human', I'm not talking about him being equivalent to comic Batman-level peak human. I was just trying to distinguish the ordinary Bane from an obviously-enhanced Red Skull.

#8 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16285 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: gotcha. just saying though, watch this and then all of a sudden cracking concrete doesn't seem so impressive lol

#9 Posted by IheartZombies92 (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

My money's on Bane.

#10 Posted by copete (1075 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: gotcha. just saying though, watch this and then all of a sudden cracking concrete doesn't seem so impressive lol

That is.... wtf!