#1 Posted by tommyboy8219 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Full strength and weapons and both are bloodlusted

#2 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

I say tommy, he's a better fighter, has a stronger zord overall he is also the bonus ranger which they were originally meant to be stronger than the main rangers and this is pre-red ranger battlizer since that didn't start till PR in space

Plus tommy has his shield which gives him boosted defenses

And in real life the the actor who played tommy(jason) would win because hers an actual fighter in competitions while the actor who played jason has gotten quite pudgy in his older years

#3 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

These are the times were I regret not getting into PR

#4 Posted by progenitor (7534 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends, the Red Ranger uses a sword, while the Green Ranger uses a dagger flute.  As for who has the better zord, that's debatable, the Red Ranger's flying dragon zord was pretty powerful, I would say in league with the Green Rangers Dragon Zord.  It's true, Tommy did have the chest shield, but Red Ranger in his prime was an extremely adept martial artist, and always seemed to stalemate with Tommy, especially when they fought over who was leader, until Jason finally relented due to their friendship.
#5 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Ranger wins.

#6 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Green Ranger.
#7 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4698 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Ranger while playing his dagger is impervious to any long range attacks, has more experience with hand-to-hand and his body was chiseled from Zordon's right bicep.

#8 Posted by Freefa11 (2337 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I remember of the original Green Ranger saga, Tommy and Jason were presented as being basically equal in martial arts, Tommy was just more of a jerk at the time.

Of course, later Tommy takes on Goldar without even morphing, which was pretty damn badass.

#9 Posted by cattlebattle (12669 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

Green Ranger wins.

@TheGoldenOne said:

Green Ranger.

No matter what the weak american version depicted, Red Ranger is by far superior

#10 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: Video doesn't work. This isn't Super-Sentai, and the only time I ever saw Jason actually winning was in the like final battle of Evil Tommy.
#11 Posted by cattlebattle (12669 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

@cattlebattle: Video doesn't work. This isn't Super-Sentai, and the only time I ever saw Jason actually winning was in the like final battle of Evil Tommy.

you just have to click on the Youtube link, It is 10x better than the watered down US version, don't remember how the American version aired, But Red Ranger gets mad...cuts loose...and embarrasses him. Otherwise I think the US versions of the characters were suppose to be even in skill

#12 Posted by Transmetal (289 posts) - - Show Bio

"Que Music" Go Go Green Ranger theme

#13 Edited by Omnicrono (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

These guys are pretty much equal in terms of fighting skill.

But...

Jason was a greater ranger than Tommy.

As for their battles... well, it's not how you start a race, it's how you finish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxC96dUxSDk

Once again... it's not how you start, but how you finish that really matters. Jason gains the upper-hand and is in control of the battle flow when the time runs out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX4ZKhN91WM

#14 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4175 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason!

#15 Posted by theONEtaichou (1512 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Ranger

Not forgetting his mini arc where he held his own against the whole team and somehow lost to the Red Ranger one on one (made me so angry when I was a kid)... I also think Dragonzord was equal to Megazord (not fully though) iirc.

good day

#16 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Ranger... Tommy might be the most legendary PR out there but he was beaten by Jason fair and square.

And wow! Green and Red Rangers are goddamn brothers in Zyuranger!

#17 Posted by Omnicrono (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Ranger

Not forgetting his mini arc where he held his own against the whole team and somehow lost to the Red Ranger one on one (made me so angry when I was a kid)... I also think Dragonzord was equal to Megazord (not fully though) iirc.

good day

There is really nothing all that surprising about it. Jason grew and surpassed him. That is all.

#18 Edited by ShiZZmAhh (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Ranger... Tommy might be the most legendary PR out there but he was beaten by Jason fair and square.

And wow! Green and Red Rangers are goddamn brothers in Zyuranger!

Nice! I didn't realize how much of the fight was cut out in the American version.

#19 Posted by Bossmonster (2186 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Ranger every day of the week.

At there peck, Jason has was empowered by the Red Dragon Thunder Zord. At this level Red Rangers powers would even pass that of Evil Green ranger.
Now, the fact is, Evil Green ranger was power boosted by the Sword of Darkness. On top of that, for half the Arc, the rangers did not want to fight Tommy as he was under the control of Rita and they didn't want to destroy him. Jason was able to defeat him in 1 v 1 combat after learning that the sword would remove his powers and the spell controlling him. This alone suggest that Tommy would lose to the Red Ranger.

But the fact that this is peck Jason, meaning when he got his thurnderzord powers, he would stomp him. The Rangers were far stronger at this point, much more powerful than the green ranger. It was only when he became the White Ranger did he reclaim the title as most powerful Ranger at the time, although Jason consistently displayed more skills.

#20 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

been done before, Green Ranger stomps

#21 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

These guys are pretty much equal in terms of fighting skill.

But...

Jason was a greater ranger than Tommy.

As for their battles... well, it's not how you start a race, it's how you finish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxC96dUxSDk

Once again... it's not how you start, but how you finish that really matters. Jason gains the upper-hand and is in control of the battle flow when the time runs out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX4ZKhN91WM

This link only proves that, if anything, they were on equal footing at that point in time... and that was before Tommy became a ranger so this basically proves nothing.

#22 Edited by theONEtaichou (1512 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonetaichou said:

Green Ranger

good day

There is really nothing all that surprising about it. Jason grew and surpassed him. That is all.

no, GR ranger should have stomped him, time and time again he held his own against all 5 PRs but somehow once they know his identity he can be beat? Come on...

still makes me so angry!!

good day

#23 Posted by Bluejay3 (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Ranger any day.

#24 Posted by OverLordArhas (7670 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Ranger - 6th Rangers are meant to fight alone.

#25 Posted by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio

Tommy ftw

#26 Edited by DarthAznable (6312 posts) - - Show Bio

Green stomp. He was the strongest ranger.

#27 Posted by DemonKnights (5394 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Jason. Red ranger!

#28 Edited by DarthAznable (6312 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by JasonHawke (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Jason wins

#31 Posted by DemonKnights (5394 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason says hi.

Lol

On a serious note, I love this thread. Takes me back to my pre teen years

#32 Posted by DemonKnights (5394 posts) - - Show Bio

Also...I miss the ninja rangers, the shogun rangers and those weird friends of the rangers that had aquatic powers. Ahhh and the power rangers zeo.

Man I had a good child hood. These new tv shows for kids suck

#33 Edited by Oni_Bane (1577 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Ranger man