- Midday.
- Start 100 ft apart.

- Rules:
- Morals apply.
- Random encounter.
- Standard equipment.
- Standard elimination rules apply.
#2 Posted by Killemall (18255 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_: Morals are going to affect how wonder man performs, in strength department alone i personally think Red Hulk is stronger but Wonder man has strength, speed and flight. If he decides to fight wise, i don't see how Rulk could win :) he can easily BFR him.

Lets see what other have to say

#3 Posted by Killemall (18255 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_: On i forgot to mention, unless of course, if Jeph Loeb is writing it, then Rulk is invincible :)

#4 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16944 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man stomp.

#5 Posted by ShadowKing (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man.

#6 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder man should give him the beat down but it would be a cool fight to watch.
#7 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hulk. He's too strong and durable.

#8 Posted by DEADMANHERE (1 posts) - - Show Bio

isn't wonderman the male version of wonderwoman? if so he would win. my opinion.
#9 Posted by Killemall (18255 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEADMANHERE said:

isn't wonderman the male version of wonderwoman? if so he would win. my opinion.

I dont think so, there isnt any parallel between the characters.

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

Strength wise Red Hulk is stronger, i personally agree to that opinion, but how exactly is he going to counter wonder man's speed, and flight?? i think wonder man has way more advantage, and he's been stated to be on the class with Sentry :)

#10 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Simon have any range? He'll have to fly in close in order to punch if I'm not mistaken. And he's been tagged by normal Hulk so I'm of the opinion that someone as savvy as Thunderbolt Ross will come up with something to tag him with whether it's a thunderclap or whatever.

#11 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Wonder Man.
#12 Posted by Billy Batson (57753 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man.
BB

#13 Posted by Saren (25274 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGoldenOne said:
Wonder Man.
#14 Posted by Killemall (18255 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Simon have any range? He'll have to fly in close in order to punch if I'm not mistaken. And he's been tagged by normal Hulk so I'm of the opinion that someone as savvy as Thunderbolt Ross will come up with something to tag him with whether it's a thunderclap or whatever.

No simon does not have a range attack, at least not that i know of and yes he'll have to fly in close in order to punch the Red Hulk. And i have no doubt Rulk will be able to tag him occasionally but i dont see Rulk tagging him constantly. Had Wonder man been only a speedster tagging once would be KO.Wonder man, however, is strong enough to tank few punches, and with his speed and flight he will surely be able to land way more punches then what we would receive. I still see Wonder man winning.

But please do let me know if i am missing something, :)

#15 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

I can respect that. I disagree with it, but it's an honest, legit answer with reasoning so I'm not going to argue.

#16 Edited by spiderbuck (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

No simon does not have a range attack, at least not that i know of and yes he'll have to fly in close in order to punch the Red Hulk. And i have no doubt Rulk will be able to tag him occasionally but i dont see Rulk tagging him constantly. Had Wonder man been only a speedster tagging once would be KO.Wonder man, however, is strong enough to tank few punches, and with his speed and flight he will surely be able to land way more punches then what we would receive. I still see Wonder man winning.

But please do let me know if i am missing something, :)

Rulk with energy draining capabilities stomps. As I read recently he only can drain gamma energy now. Anyway I still think he's too strong for WM, and too durable for WM to do any real damage.

#17 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2773 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEADMANHERE said:

nope. i think hes talking about the marvel wonderman.

#18 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man ftw.
#19 Posted by X_Titans (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hulk

#20 Posted by _Beastmaster_ (1515 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldn't Red Hulk absorb him?Or did he lose that ability?

#21 Posted by PowerHerc (81602 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hulk is a jerk and a bully, but he's just too much for Wonder Man. Rulk for the win.

#22 Posted by Nefarious (18677 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man for the win.

#23 Posted by Trodorne (2572 posts) - - Show Bio
@Night_Rake: No he has that ability still he chooses not to use is as he wants to turn back into Thunderbolt Ross. I am glad you brought that up. since ross does have the ability to absorb energies and burn it off as fire, he could just absorb the radiation from Wonder man and burn it off. depowering him for a while and taking him to a safer place to beat him down. 

second of all Ross used to be a general, the man has tactical knowledge of the battle field and some of these supers. I would not count him out just yet.
#24 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hulk. He could just absorb his ionic energy.
#25 Posted by acer51 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Red Hulk. He could just absorb his ionic energy.
#26 Posted by Killemall (18255 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck said:

@Killemall said:

Rulk with energy draining capabilities stomps. As I read recently he only can drain gamma energy now. Anyway I still think he's too strong for WM, and too durable for WM to do any real damage.

This is true, however, in order for Rulk to drain energy he has to be able to touch Wonder Man, and Wonder Man has shown some amazing speed. If Wonder Man is fast enough to keep up with the likes of sentry, and be able to stop a speeding bullet, i think he should be able to avoid Rulk's punches as well as his energy draining powers. I have no doubt Rulk will be able to tag him once or twice, but i really dont see Rulk tagging him constantly and with the sort of super speed Wonder Man as he could punch Rulk a 1000 times before Rulk punches him once. That should give wonder man advantage over Rulk , isnt it?

#27 Edited by spiderbuck (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

WM is a tough SOB, but I don't seen any incarnation of his doing this.

@D3athstroke said:

Rulk Just ripped Cosmic Hulk in Half..
#28 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man

#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91114 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hulk would trash Wonder Man.Wonder Man's only advantage is flight but he's a terrible fighter so it's not going to matter.

#30 Posted by Vance Astro (91114 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbuck said:

@D3athstroke said:

Wasn't this the Hulkbot he ripped in half? A robot created by Banner?
#31 Posted by spiderbuck (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@spiderbuck said:

@D3athstroke said:

Wasn't this the Hulkbot he ripped in half? A robot created by Banner?

I've never seen Cosmic Hulk referred to as a Hulkbot, so maybe you're thinking of another character.

CH was built by the Mad Thinker who was chosen to create for lack of a better word a "robot herald" to Galactus (long after big G started using heralds) and so MT locked it away until the Eternals accidentally awoke. He's the same CH that beat the dirt off of both Rulk and A-Bomb. But Rulk did not use his energy draining abilities in that fight. He's an entirely different level when he uses those abilities. Those same abilities would allow him to drain WM's ionic energy completely.

#32 Posted by New_World_Order (12507 posts) - - Show Bio

#33 Posted by RulkFTW (98 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

What comic is this from?

#34 Posted by New_World_Order (12507 posts) - - Show Bio

@RulkFTW: Don't know, just found the scans.

#35 Posted by UltraSuperTrooper (676 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder man probably

#36 Posted by Saren (25274 posts) - - Show Bio

It's from the last arc of Bendis' Avengers, the one that brought back the Wasp. Also, that issue made it clear that Wonder Man should not ordinarily be able to beat Rulk --- IIRC, Spider-Man remarks "Since when was Simon that strong?" or something to that effect ----- and it implied that he's received some kind of upgrade. I don't think it was explained within that story, however.

#37 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

It's from the last arc of Bendis' Avengers, the one that brought back the Wasp. Also, that issue made it clear that Wonder Man should not ordinarily be able to beat Rulk --- IIRC, Spider-Man remarks "Since when was Simon that strong?" or something to that effect ----- and it implied that he's received some kind of upgrade. I don't think it was explained within that story, however.

I don't know why anyone would say anything close to that. Simon's always been that strong. He was introduced as a Thor level character. I don't know about actually keeping up with Sentry like everyone here is saying, he wasn't ever that fast, and he never used to be that good a fighter, but...

Anyway I think Simon has a shot here, but it's only if Rulk doesn't use his abilities. I'd give Simon, maybe a very slight edge. But if Rulk drains Simon's ionic energy, WM is toast, so overall I'll give this to Rulk 6/10.

#38 Posted by Saren (25274 posts) - - Show Bio

@yodagod: He was introduced as a Thor-level character back in the day, but there are several moments in the main Avengers series from the late 70's to mid-80's where it's shown pretty clearly that he wasn't on Thor's physical level --- including one where he tries to lift a barbell set for Thor's strength, fares poorly, and himself concedes that he's "not quite Thor". I don't recall him ever actually fighting Sentry. I think what people are referring to is that moment in The Children's Crusade where Simon punches Wolverine through a wall, and Cap asks Logan if he's okay afterwards because "the man has Sentry-level strength". Apart from an off-hand comment from Captain America, I don't think Wonder Man really has anything on Sentry. Most recently (in between his public clash with the Avengers and his reappearance in the Wasp arc), he was one of several Avengers who had their butts handed to them by Grey Hulk in the flashback Hulk Smash Avengers mini-series, and I don't think anyone believes Thor or Rulk would lose to Joe Fixit.

#39 Posted by Lvenger (18295 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man has a chance but Rulk's strength and durability could give him the edge plus the energy absorption tactic is a potential game changer.

#40 Posted by War_Hulk_Kills_Sentry2 (554 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk

#41 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@yodagod: He was introduced as a Thor-level character back in the day, but there are several moments in the main Avengers series from the late 70's to mid-80's where it's shown pretty clearly that he wasn't on Thor's physical level --- including one where he tries to lift a barbell set for Thor's strength, fares poorly, and himself concedes that he's "not quite Thor". I don't recall him ever actually fighting Sentry. I think what people are referring to is that moment in The Children's Crusade where Simon punches Wolverine through a wall, and Cap asks Logan if he's okay afterwards because "the man has Sentry-level strength". Apart from an off-hand comment from Captain America, I don't think Wonder Man really has anything on Sentry. Most recently (in between his public clash with the Avengers and his reappearance in the Wasp arc), he was one of several Avengers who had their butts handed to them by Grey Hulk in the flashback Hulk Smash Avengers mini-series, and I don't think anyone believes Thor or Rulk would lose to Joe Fixit.

I see. Thanks. They were also saying as fast as Sentry, which I've never seen anything close from Simon. I think he's normally a supersonic guy for speed IIRC. That Hulk Smash Avengers was really lowballing a few people IMO. Especially Carol and Simon. That said, he's been part of at least two Avenger teams that Hulk smacked around before so.... I agree with you about him not actually being Thor level though in spite of his intro. But without using his energy drain, Ross isn't actually Hulk level either. Plus, while Ross is older and probably a better fighter, Simon has more experience with his powers, and more experience against superpowered foes. I'm still a little split here. I think we all agree that if Rulk drains Simon he wins, but if he doesn't, its awfully close in my book.

#42 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2773 posts) - - Show Bio

#43 Edited by CharlieJade (422 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by GhostRavage (8358 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Rulk as much as i hate Superman wanking... Wonderman ftw...

#45 Posted by DeathSamurai (537 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder man cant beat Rulk.

I hate when people say someone wins just because they can fly.

#46 Edited by chiq (1907 posts) - - Show Bio
@deathsamurai said:

wonder man cant beat Rulk.

I hate when people say someone wins just because they can fly.

Wonder Man already beat Rulk. He choked him out and put him to sleep. Loebforce Rulk would win though...

#47 Edited by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man already beat Red Hulk while holding back, Red Hulk is serious about the fight and he still loose.

#48 Posted by New_World_Order (12507 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man

#49 Posted by whacknasty (5605 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks: Great scan. I was going to say Simon just because I really liked the character growing up and felt he had lots of potential. The scan makes me feel less like I was just choosing favorites lol

#50 Posted by dondave (34416 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man ftw