User Lists: 0

all blades ftw

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

You have to specify which Buffy this is. If it's Buffy from any season of the TV show, Jason wins because Buffy is especially vulnerable to bullets (see Warren). If it's Buffy from the comic where she had superpowers, then she wins because superpowers trump bullets.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AllStarSuperman  Online

Are they limited to the gear in the OP?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By mickey-mouse
SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mickey-mouse
SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: hood also has magical unbreakable swords (all blades)

They should do the job

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Jason has no modern weapons, only blades, then Buffy wins. She was able to keep up with a god, I don't see Jason being a problem.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mickey-mouse

@muyjingo: Simply tossing around the term God doesn't hold any meaning. Perhaps you should explain what advantages Buffy has over the Hood?

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Jestersmiles

@lukehero:

Kicking holes through demons
Kicking holes through demons

Buffy as a Slayers have innate skill and memories of all the Slayers trained and killed before her.

No Caption Provided

• More innate skill and memories of all the Slayers trained and killed before her

Buffy should take this.

May @cmcmcmcm R.I.P ( he not dead just gone from the site)

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mickey-mouse

@jestersmiles: Cool. Thanks.

Not that I want to debate either character, but Jason has a lot of well documented skill as well. Hopefully some Hood fans will debate.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: true but I think her base stats edges him out, plus the slayer Scythe could also be used to tear open portals to other dimensions and could even be used as a means to cast very powerful spells, such as immense streams of magic power that can match the strength of an Old One.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles: As far as portals and spells go. Does Buffy do that in combat in the middle of a simply melee battle vs 1 guy? I'm thinking no. As far as durability of weapons, the All Blades are unbreakable.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Watch the show. Specifically Season 5, where she went up against Glory.

The reason I say Buffy takes this is because she has incredibly enhanced strength (throwing around 200 pound vampires (who are also stronger than humans) with one hand), punching through concrete, a very impressive healing factor, supernatural reflexes and agility etc.

She will be able to dodge what Jason throws, tank the hits he lands, and punish him severely. I don't think it's a fair match even, because Buffy just became too powerful in later seasons. She would win even without the Scythe in my opinion, and with the Scythe he has next to no shot.

I'm a Jason fan, and I'd like him to win, but I can't see how he could.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I still think her base stats are better than his and I aware of the all blades being unbreakable.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: I've watched the show. You said God like it meant something. It doesn't. Only feats and abilities matter.

I don't want to debate as I don't debate in my own threads, BUT....

Jason most definitely has a shot here. He has very impressive physicals as well and while he may not have her super strength, he does have impressive striking power & skill...Also Jason knows how to use cheats like nerve strikes in combat as he did to Lady Shiva. Also the All Blades Fire abilities and the Batrangs give jason some other options besides sword fighting & fistacuffs.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AllStarSuperman  Online

I don't have the scan but Jason was able to lift up a fly like alien that was roughly 3 times the size of him, with one hand, over his head, and throw it 10 or so feet.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@muyjingo: I've watched the show. You said God like it meant something. It doesn't. Only feats and abilities matter.

I don't want to debate as I don't debate in my own threads, BUT....

Jason most definitely has a shot here. He has very impressive physicals as well and while he may not have her super strength, he does have impressive striking power & skill...Also Jason knows how to use cheats like nerve strikes in combat as he did to Lady Shiva. Also the All Blades Fire abilities and the Batrangs give jason some other options besides sword fighting & fistacuffs.

No, feats and abilities are not the only things that matter. That's such a stupid attitude and it's a shame it's so prevalent.

God does mean something. You've watched the show, so you're perfectly familiar with how formidable Glorificus is.

And no, Jason has absolutly no shot. Did you not read what I wrote? Jason won't be able to seriously hurt Buffy, and she can toss him around like a ragdoll. She can dodge his batarangs, and even if they hit her she can heal fast from them. Striking power isn't enough to hurt buffy, she can tank hits from beasties 3 or 4 times as strong as he is.

Make a case for Jason. Show him defeating someone with the strength, durability and reflex advantages Buffy.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mickey-mouse

@muyjingo:

No, feats and abilities are not the only things that matter. That's such a stupid attitude and it's a shame it's so prevalent.

;/ Yes, yes they are...BWHAHAHAHAHAHAA.....Karate Kid is labeled peakhuman, he doesn't even officially have any super powers. He would one shot Buffy the "superhuman" "god fighter"....That's how meaningless labels are in fiction writing. Feats >>>>>>>>>labels

Make a case for Jason. Show him defeating someone with the strength, durability and reflex advantages Buffy.

It's my thread. Not here to debate which character wins. I want to hear from other people's reasonable assignments. Give a reasonable, well thought out opinion.

God does mean something. You've watched the show, so you're perfectly familiar with how formidable Glorificus is.

It's just a word, it means nothing without feats and context it's just a label. Jason would cut off Glory's head with the All Blades. She was a chatter box without any real skill. She would just pound and out muscle Buffy. If Buffy had her Sycthe when she faced Glory, she would have done the same thing she did to the preacher, cut her in half.

And no, Jason has absolutly no shot. Did you not read what I wrote? Jason won't be able to seriously hurt Buffy, and she can toss him around like a ragdoll. She can dodge his batarangs, and even if they hit her she can heal fast from them. Striking power isn't enough to hurt buffy, she can tank hits from beasties 3 or 4 times as strong as he is.

Who cares about striking power. He has a sword, he stabs her or tries to cut her head off. Buffy was hurt from a gunshot wound when Warren shot her. She got sent to the hospital. Buffy's piercing damage resistance is crap. She got all weak and woozy from being stabbed by a wooden stake by some no name vamp. A Batarang to the eye would kill Buffy. Again, here piercing damage resistance is terrible.

I see...

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jestersmiles

@lukehero:

Loading Video...

Less awkward?

Song still sucks

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jestersmiles
MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MuyJingo

@lukehero said:

;/ Yes, yes they are...BWHAHAHAHAHAHAA.....Karate Kid is labeled peakhuman, he doesn't even officially have any super powers. He would one shot Buffy the "superhuman" "god fighter"....That's how meaningless labels are in fiction writing. Feats >>>>>>>>>labels

Sigh. I'm not saying that labels are better than feats, I'm saying that feats are not the only way to have a discussion about who would win in a fight. Sometimes, and this seems beyond you, but sometimes you can infer things from what has been seen and reach perfectly valid conclusions. It's something that seems beyond most of people in the battle forums, who just get a brainfreeze saying "FEATS! FEATS! FEATS OR YOU HAVE NOTHING!" which is just limiting and idiotic.

It's my thread. Not here to debate which character wins. I want to hear from other people's reasonable assignments. Give a reasonable, well thought out opinion.

Well, aside from the fact that you have been debating, you're backing out of the debate because you can't support your point. Fair enough.

It doesn't matter that it's your thread, that doesn't bar you from debating. The fact that you refuse just makes it seem like you're unable. Which is reasonable, because this isn't a well thought out or fair match.

It's just a word, it means nothing without feats and context it's just a label. Jason would cut off Glory's head with the All Blades. She was a chatter box without any real skill. She would just pound and out muscle Buffy. If Buffy had her Sycthe when she faced Glory, she would have done the same thing she did to the preacher, cut her in half.

See, there's that foolish tunnel vision focus on feats again. Labels are not to be disregarded. Jason is a man, Glory is a god. Think of it as a weightclass if it helps you. Jason has absolutely no chance against ANY character that is generally considered a god, whether that be Thor, Glory, or Ares etc.

And you're just being foolish if you think the All Blades would touch Glory for that matter. The Scythe wouldn't hurt her either. The preacher was just a man, like Jason, which is pretty much how he would go down if Buffy was a killer.

Who cares about striking power. He has a sword, he stabs her or tries to cut her head off. Buffy was hurt from a gunshot wound when Warren shot her. She got sent to the hospital. Buffy's piercing damage resistance is crap. She got all weak and woozy from being stabbed by a wooden stake by some no name vamp. A Batarang to the eye would kill Buffy. Again, here piercing damage resistance is terrible.

So much for you not debating.

You seem to not be familiar with Buffy at all. Her feats far outweigh Jason's, at least as far as the ones relevant to this battle. He isn't going to stab her, her reflexes dwarf his. She is closer to the level of Wonder Woman, and you are downplaying her immensely.

What would likely happen is Buffy would catch the sword in her hands (as she has done multiple times), take it away from Jason (due to dwarfing him in strength and skill), and then have him at his mercy. Although, that wouldn't happen because in that scenario, you've also managed to downplay Jason, as he wouldn't foolishly attack her like that.

Also, and this is important, being shot is very different from being stabbed. She has been stabbed and healed in a very short amount of time, and been able to continue fighting.

Until you can give a reason to justify why you think Jason even has a chance, this thread just seems to be a mismatch.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: I didn't say he would be able to stab her, I said he could. You said above he has "No Way Of Hurting Her". Well the fact is he does. Jason has excellent reflexes as well and has fought fast oppents like Batman for instance. I actually already have pointed out why this isn't a mismatch if you think so; OH WELL. I am very familiar with Buffy and I already pointed out speific things of episodes. Again if you think its a mismatch then contact a mod and see if you can shut my thread down. Go see, and see that mod chuckle in your face.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MuyJingo

@lukehero: Wow, you're such a troll. You're argument for Jason being able to keep up with Buffy is that he can keep up with Batman, who is also several tiers below Buffy? LOL.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AllStarSuperman  Online

This is pathetic.

Yes feats always matter.

Buffy is more skilled? Lol. Jason one shot Shiva.

Buffy kills "gods"? Jason slaughters Untitleds in the hundreds. And took down an alien that was about to kill Monguls son.

Batman has strength feats above Buffy, and Jason has tanked his attacks.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: First off, Todd is nowhere near Shiva in skill. Hope that is resolved with this.

And i didnt see the batman strength feats that would put him above buffy.

Also we have seen how fast Buffy verse vampires are and she still beats them casually. So her reaction speed is off the chart as well.

We have seen better skills from Jason only cuz the Wheddon didnt care much about portraying her martial art prowess. But she is an extremely trained fighter. No guns for Jason would spell a win for her

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@allstarsuperman: First off, Todd is nowhere near Shiva in skill. Hope that is resolved with this.

And i didnt see the batman strength feats that would put him above buffy.

Also we have seen how fast Buffy verse vampires are and she still beats them casually. So her reaction speed is off the chart as well.

We have seen better skills from Jason only cuz the Wheddon didnt care much about portraying her martial art prowess. But she is an extremely trained fighter. No guns for Jason would spell a win for her

He is near shiva in skill and shiva has barely done anything in the new 52.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Chimeroid

@thenaughtytitan: Fair enough. We dont know exactly how strong she will be in n52. Still. She is better than Todd. If she is not than they should just stop using her as that is the point of Sandra.

btw Buffy lifting feat. no effort

No Caption Provided

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@allstarsuperman: batman has strength over Buffy? Like what?

Anyway Buffy wins.

Stronger feats in strength, speed, and durability. Has superior weapon. Has stated and shown innate skill of Slayers before her as well her own was of training to slay superhuman a but he Watchers.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The beam in question here should weigh in in about 100 pounds per ft.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MuyJingo

@allstarsuperman: Feats matter. Feats are not the only thing that matters. It's pathetic that some people can't grasp that simple concept.

Batman has strength feats that equal Buffy, but I don't think he has strengths that surpass her. It's kind of hard to make that comparison though.

For example, in the Buffyverse, vampires are an order of magnitude stronger than humans. There was a trolls hammer that Spike (A pretty strong vampire) was unable to lift, which Buffy did effortlessly. We have no way of knowing how Batman would fare in trying to lift the hammer though, although if Spike was unable to it would seem fair to say Bruce also would be unable to.

They both have bent prison bars open with their bare hands, lifted extremely heavy objects. The difference though, is Buffy seems to lift these heavy things effortlessly, Batman almost kills himself each time. I have no problem considering them close, but Jason doesn't have anywhere near the strength feats to put him that close to Buffy.

Buffy is more skilled because she has the combat experience of every slayer that came before her. The accumulated experience of hundreds of trained fighters is more than the experience of one man, however skilled.

Toy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: I was just looking for an image of that! I looked up I beams of that depth and length and it is around 800 lbs. The effortless nature she was one arming them in those scenes I feel safe calling her a 3-5 tonner without the Twilight Super Buffy boost.

The problem is Jason and his wild inconsistency. One issue he is overpowering Kryptonians and the next he can't open a jar of mayo. One issue he is easily dropping Shiva and a bunch of super alien ninjas and the next he is getting pimp slapped by mooks. One issue the All Blades are god breaker laser cannons and the next they are just cool swords.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toy13: scans of Jason getting pimp slapped by mooks?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: you can't just ignore that Jason is better then Shiva.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Chimeroid

@allstarsuperman: So, now you are flat out claiming Jason is better than Shiva? Now, i didnt read most of the batfamily comics from new 52, but didnt she defeat batman in Nightwing #0 and then easily dispatched Dick?

Also when he defeated her, wasnt he amped by his friends or whatever? i recall him using arcane attacks later on in same chapter

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: Yeah. There is no way he is better than Shiva.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: @chimeroid: there was no amp. There was no context. There was simply Jason one shotting Shiva in pure skill. You may not like it. But it happened. And its in line with his other showings. So deal with it.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: You're delusional if you think Jason is more skilled than Shiva. At best, he got lucky.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Chimeroid

@allstarsuperman: So it was NOT from this chapter?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Where afterwards he did this-------------------------

Or is that all the ability of the all-blades?

Anyhow, None of that makes him strong enough to fight with Buffy who casually picks up 800 pounds with ease.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: Jason wasnt amped. Read the story. @muyjingo: If "lucky" means he clearly out skilled Lady Shiva effortlessly, when she was completely ready for a fight, and he only just got his memory's back. Then yes, he was lucky.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: Jason wasnt amped. Read the story. @muyjingo: If "lucky" means he clearly out skilled Lady Shiva effortlessly, when she was completely ready for a fight, and he only just got his memory's back. Then yes, he was lucky.

No, lucky just means he was lucky. At best. There is no chance that he is more skilled than shiva, and if that feat is your only argument I don't know why you're bothering.

Shiva one shotted Dick. Dick one shotted Jason. Jason one shotted Shiva.

So by your reasoning, Jason is better than Shiva (who is better than Dick) but not as good as Dick?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: Dick never one shotted Jason, you liar

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Fine, he didn't one shot him, just trounced him and left him in a river.

Go on, keep trying to argue that one of the main people that trained Jason is leagues below him in skill.

That isn't fanboy behavior at all -____-. Certainly is amusing though :).

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AllStarSuperman  Online

@muyjingo: are you seriously using Battle for the Cowl? Lol. Read it. At least. Jason was out of his mind from Batman's video, and recently beat with a crowbar by Drake, and he still fought on par with Grayson until being kicked to the edge of a train. Jason got bored and left. He certainly was beat.

Oh so the student can never be better then the teacher? I guess every single person Batman trained under is still better then him.

#stupidlogic

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided