#1 Posted by NimaMindTricks (1863 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hood (Jason Todd)

Arsenal (Roy)

Starfire (New 52)

~vs~

Elektra

Taskmaster

Captain Marvel (formerly Ms. Marvel; Carol Danvers)

Round 1: Randon encounter. Everyone has standard gear (no plot device gear). The fight takes place on in and around an abandoned factory. No "jobber" aura around any character :)

Round 2: Same rules and location but both sides get 3 days to prep. No help from outside sources or people.

#3 Posted by OreoAssassin (6543 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel

#4 Posted by jashro44 (26523 posts) - - Show Bio

I imagine this comes down to starfire vs Carol. I don't know much about new 52 star fire.

#5 Posted by GraniteSoldier (9187 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

I imagine this comes down to starfire vs Carol. I don't know much about new 52 star fire.

Me neither, but in another thread she's labelled as a street level hero. If she's weak enough to be considered a street level hero, this is a mismatch and Carol will solo because she's on the cosmic powerhouse end of things.

#6 Posted by jashro44 (26523 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier: Yea thats what I was thinking. I didn't want to say anything for certain though.

#7 Posted by GraniteSoldier (9187 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@granitesoldier: Yea thats what I was thinking. I didn't want to say anything for certain though.

Yeah I'm not saying Starfire is, but if what I saw is true then...well yeah.

#8 Posted by dondave (38973 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason solos

#9 Posted by reaverlation (17425 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by AllStarSuperman (23190 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire is not street level imho, but couldn't Carol just absorb her starbolts?

#11 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5447 posts) - - Show Bio

Crowbar solos Red Hoods team

#12 Posted by lukehero (13080 posts) - - Show Bio

@nimamindtricks: Current Captain Marvel Red & Blue Suit? Round 1 goes to Starefire team. Black suit Ms Marvel. She is soloing both rounds.

Round 2 is going to the Taskmaster team either way. No jobbering, he is prepping the team well & kicking butt. Captain Marvel holds her ground.

#13 Posted by jashro44 (26523 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@nimamindtricks: Current Captain Marvel Red & Blue Suit? Round 1 goes to Starefire team. Black suit Ms Marvel. She is soloing both rounds.

Round 2 is going to the Taskmaster team either way. No jobbering, he is prepping the team well & kicking butt. Captain Marvel holds her ground.

is current Carol weaker than before?

#14 Edited by lukehero (13080 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Yes, she has brain cancer or something like that. See if we can get a Captain Marvel expert in here to explain. She is weaker though, because of her brain damage she even has trouble flying. Black Suit Ms Marvel has much better feats. Also of course there is Binary, but she is OP for this thread.

@v_scarlotte_rose

@joygirl

#15 Posted by jashro44 (26523 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6548 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@jashro44: Yes, she has brain cancer or something like that. See if we can get a Captain Marvel expert in here to explain. She is weaker though, because of her brain damage she even has trouble flying. Black Suit Ms Marvel has much better feats. Also of course there is Binary, but she is OP for this thread.

@v_scarlotte_rose

@joygirl

The brain troubles(caused by Psyche-Magnitron shrapnel embedded in it) are pretty much resolved, aside from some memory loss. She's back to flying and fighting as normal, and I don't think there's been definite hints at a power reduction.

Unless I've missed something outside of the titles I see her in.

#17 Posted by lukehero (13080 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: @v_scarlotte_rose: Ahhh, OK. She should be back to normal then. They win both rounds in a stomp. Seems like she was weaker because of the brain troubles.

#18 Posted by NimaMindTricks (1863 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier
@jashro44 If I'm not mistaken, in the New 52 she's been tearing apart walls of space shuttles and ripping apart large alien creatures with ease. I've only read the first volume, but I know she has such feats later on. I would not place her at street level.

#19 Posted by jashro44 (26523 posts) - - Show Bio

@nimamindtricks: I'll have to take your word for it. But if she can't hang with Carol the outlaws will lose here.

#20 Edited by VenomousTaco (1301 posts) - - Show Bio

The way I see it, it comes down to whether or not Starfire can defeat Carol. And since when is Starfire street-level?

IMO, Taskmaster and Elektra > Red Hood and Arsenal, (unless they start from a decently ranged distance).

Round 1: I'll side with the Outlaws until someone can show me that Starfire is street.

Round 2: With prep, can't Taskmaster* just binge-watch Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee movies or something? He might be able to solo Jason and Roy. Starfire and Captain Marvel is a toss-up.

*any prep feats for Taskmaster?

#21 Posted by NimaMindTricks (1863 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: If I change it to pre-New 52 Starfire, would the fight be closer or would it turn into a stomp for the Outlaw teams favor? I think pre-New 52 Starfire showed near kryptonian strength and speed at times.

#22 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2228 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: If I change it to pre-New 52 Starfire, would the fight be closer or would it turn into a stomp for the Outlaw teams favor? I think pre-New 52 Starfire showed near kryptonian strength and speed at times.

Considering that Superman and Wonder Woman completely shrugged off Starfire pre-DCnU, I'm gonna say that you're wrong. In fact, her encounter with Superman in RHATO was pretty much the same as their encounter pre-Flashpoint.

Marvel team takes this regardless of which Starfire is used.

#23 Posted by NimaMindTricks (1863 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoustaco: I can't remember if he prepped, but I just discovered he held his own against Bucky and Cap at the same time, and also fought Elektra while wearing a blind fold. I have no idea what the circumstances behind each fight were.

#24 Posted by Joygirl (19985 posts) - - Show Bio

Outlaws team. Despite the fact that Taskmaster would pretty easily own both Jason and Roy, making Elektra gravy, this is one of those battles where the team is only as good as its MVP. In this battle, that MVP is Starfire, and once she beats Carol (which will be an extremely arduous and bloody task) she can do whatever she wants to Elektra and Taskmaster.

#25 Edited by VenomousTaco (1301 posts) - - Show Bio

@nimamindtricks: Cool. I know he can beat Red Hood and Arsenal, but how is he as a strategist? Got scans?

#26 Posted by DemonKnights (5394 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read em all. She not steet level -_-

#27 Posted by Superior_TBlaze (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Elektra and taskmaster would easily take care of Roy and Jason, and it would come down to Carol vs Starfire and unless Carol can't absorb her Starbolts Starfire is not beating her.

#28 Posted by DarkRaiden (8680 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel wins due to absorbing Starfire's energy.

#30 Posted by BoringPerson (2910 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Marvel vs Starfire?

Ms. Marvel.

Robin and Speedy also get beaten in 2 vs 2 by Elektra and Taskmaster, though.