Rebellion Era Luke Skywalker (EU) vs Teresa (Claymore)

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Luke Skywalker

No Caption Provided

vs

Teresa

No Caption Provided

Rules:

Luke can not use his TK on Teresa (but he can use it on the environment, such as hurling things at her;etc.)

No telepathy

No morals

They start 50 feet away

Standard equipment

Battle takes place in the Rain Forest

Who wins and why?

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is spite.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@uberhikari said:

This is spite.

No it's not. In terms of speed it is about even, I would give Luke the reaction advantage and I may give Teresa combat speed advantage. As far as for swordsmanship goes, they may be even when it comes to skill Luke has stalemated Vader and beat Lumiya. Teresa has beat Priscilla and 4 of the top Claymore of the organization simultaneously. Honestly it could go either way, thus why I created the thread.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari said:

This is spite.

No it's not. In terms of speed it is about even, I would give Luke the reaction advantage and I may give Teresa combat speed advantage. As far as for swordsmanship goes, they may be even when it comes to skill Luke has stalemated Vader and beat Lumiya. Teresa has beat Priscilla and 4 of the top Claymore of the organization simultaneously. Honestly it could go either way, thus why I created the thread.

No, it is an absolute STOMP. EU Luke is at least relativistic+ with respect to combat/reaction speed. Teresa isn't even massively hypersonic. And you're seriously comparing EU Luke Skywalker to Teresa in terms of skill? Are you serious? You're overestimating Teresa and the claymores.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@uberhikari:

No, it is an absolute STOMP.

No it's not and it's not even close to being one.

EU Luke is at least relativistic+ with respect to combat/reaction speed.

Wait,wait since when is Rebellion era Luke anywhere near close to relativistic speed? He is hyper sonic at best. He is nowhere near relativistic.

Teresa isn't even massively hypersonic

She does not need to be especially when Rebellion era Luke is not massively hyper-sonic himself.

And you're seriously comparing EU Luke Skywalker to Teresa in terms of skill?

Why not? Teresa is known as one of,if not the most skilled swordsman in her respective universe.

Are you serious?

As cancer.

You're overestimating Teresa and the claymores.

Really? I think you are confusing this era Luke Skywalker with a prime Luke Skywalker..... Rebellion era Luke is far far below late NR/NJO level.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By uberhikari

@uberhikari:

No, it is an absolute STOMP.

No it's not and it's not even close to being one.

EU Luke is at least relativistic+ with respect to combat/reaction speed.

Wait,wait since when is Rebellion era Luke anywhere near close to relativistic speed? He is hyper sonic at best. He is nowhere near relativistic.

Teresa isn't even massively hypersonic

She does not need to be especially when Rebellion era Luke is not massively hyper-sonic himself.

And you're seriously comparing EU Luke Skywalker to Teresa in terms of skill?

Why not? Teresa is known as one of,if not the most skilled swordsman in her respective universe.

Are you serious?

As cancer.

You're overestimating Teresa and the claymores.

Really? I think you are confusing this era Luke Skywalker with a prime Luke Skywalker..... Rebellion era Luke is far far below late NR/NJO levels.

What rebellion era are you talking about? Darth Sidious was already at relativistic speeds during this era. And Luke in his prime was FTL with respect to reaction/combat speed. Even if he was far, far below his prime as you claim, that would still be massively hypersonic, which is low balling; FTL is millions of times faster than massively hypersonic speed. And even if we equalize speed, Claymores fight with regular swords; a lightsaber would cut through them like a hot knife through butter. And while Teresa may be one of the most skilled combatants in her verse, as far as actual skill goes, the verse isn't that impressive. Then there's the issue of telekinesis... Like I said, stomp.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari:

What rebellion era are you talking about? Darth Sidious was already at relativistic speeds during this era.

What does Palpatine have to do with Luke? In this Era Palpatine would fight to fight for Luke to see period so bring him up is a moot point.

And Luke in his prime was FTL with respect to reaction/combat speed.

Luke was never FTL not even in his prime. He was near relativistic speed.

Even if he was far, far below his prime as you claim, that would still be massively hypersonic, which is low balling; FTL is millions of times faster than massively hypersonic speed.

No he is not that best speed feat for Luke in this era is deflecting blaster bolts from a dozen shooters, that is far far far far far below massively hypersonic.

And even if we equalize speed, Claymores fight with regular swords; a lightsaber would cut through them like a hot knife through butter.

I doubt it Claymore swords are not normal swords, they have never been broken or even dented in there Universe.

Then there's the issue of telekinesis... Like I said, stomp.

Which I removed for the sake of this fight.

Like I said, stomp.

Nope.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Straight-Fire

Teresa, i'll make my case for her if this thread get more Post.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teresa doesn't have the feats to compare to Luke.

Also his lightsaber pretty much trumps her sword lol.

She's one of those characters I love dearly, but can never really debate with.

She either stomps or get stomps.

Oh, on another note: There was a calculation out there that put base Teresa around Mach 10 in the reaction/dexterity department.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf:

Oh, on another note: There was a calculation out there that put base Teresa around Mach 10 in the reaction/dexterity department.

WTF? Then what kind of speed was Miria dishing out? i can't believe that, maybe if we put her at Mach 4-6 Maybe, but 10? nonono.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By saiyan_earthling

As much as I like Claymore, Luke wins.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized: It's possible she is sporting that kind of reaction. She was able to react to Irena's quicksword which IIRC was calculated at mach 7(although one could chalk that up to Yokai sensing which is basicly precognition) and she was also able to react to the Falcon Sword (IIRC which was faster then the human eye could see) That being said, although I said it's possible, I doubt it's mach 10. Though the calculation would be very interesting to see.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: No doubt, but yokai Sense is Precog i point you to Claires fight with the male Awakened being. and IIRC that's the reason she can use the quicksword, is because she has read Irenas Yoki and simply copied the flow, But that's just a theory.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I get some of these calcs?

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@funsiized said:

@omgomgwtfwtf:

WTF? Then what kind of speed was Miria dishing out? i can't believe that, maybe if we put her at Mach 4-6 Maybe, but 10? nonono.

Well, the calculation was base off the fact that Ilena's quick sword has been gauged at Mach 8 and Teresa was capable of matching her quick sword and even stopping it.

It was also based off the feat where Priscilla and Teresa were able to clash swords and produce an audible sound wave that was breaking glass, shattering concrete and causing everyone nearby to fall down in pain.

Here is the link for the Quick Sword calculation:

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=511608

Also, I don't know if Miria is any faster than Teresa is honestly. If Miria is faster, it's probably minuscule, given that Clare's semi-awakened form is based on speed (which I think is partly due to Teresa's monster stats).

Miria has an A+ in speed, while Teresa has an A. Miria's speed includes the usage of her phantom technique which involves bursts of yoki. Teresa on the other hand, at base level, is just that quick, given that she never releases any of her yoki at all during combat.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: No doubt, but yokai Sense is Precog i point you to Claires fight with the male Awakened being. and IIRC that's the reason she can use the quicksword, is because she has read Irenas Yoki and simply copied the flow, But that's just a theory.

Clare can use the quicksword because she has Ilena's arm. Ilena already said that Clare would never be able to use it otherwise because she cannot achieve inner peace, due to feeling guilty over Teresa's death. It has also been revealed that Clare after the 7 year time skip and the boost from Rafaela has finally managed to match Ilena's speed. So for the entire time prior to that, her sword was slower than Ilena's by a considerable margin. The thing that she was capable of doing that Ilena was unable to do, was that she can control her sword movements, instead of it controlling her movements. She is capable of using her yoki reading to direct her quick sword's blow, which I don't think Ilena can do.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: I think it was stated prior to mastering the Quick Sword technique, Clare was about one third of the speed Irena was. I could be wrong though (I would have to go check and see)

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: I think it was stated prior to mastering the Quick Sword technique, Clare was about one third of the speed Irena was. I could be wrong though (I would have to go check and see)

Some new spoilers have been released for Claymore 141. No scans yet, but some phrases and stuff have been leaked (supposedly). So far the spoilers say that Galatea gets hurt/killed by Europa, who is able to fool Miata by playing dead after they fight. Also, Miria's group manages to get Cassandra to help them out and they go and attack Priscilla. The spoilers also say that Riful is not actually dead, but has another form or something like that, which is more 'Dauf' like in appearance. Something to do with her upper body which was missing from her lower half?

I don't know...these spoilers are killing me. I need my new Claymore chapter now!!

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: Ooh snap! It seems like Claymore is getting more and more intense by each chapter :D All these spoilers are doing is making me want it more. Hurry up with the chapter already xD

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011:

I think it's so lame how Riful is still alive....

I mean I love her to death, but god, she needs to stay dead lmao.

Though I kind of knew she wasn't dead.

I mean she was smiling when she was getting chopped into pieces and was being pretty nonchalant about being killed...

I hope Cassandra doesn't get killed instantly by Priscilla....

She's like my favorite character after Teresa and Riful!

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: i was referring to Teresa

Well you said Claire then said she, so I thought the pronoun was referring to her lol.

Grammar error on your part!!! :P

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LunarHeretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jedis are not even sonic speed, Teresa can cut water 12 times without losing cohesion, that's too much speed for a guy who can't avoid low bullet tier plasma shots

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lunarheretic:

You need to do some research, I'm sorry to burst your bubble but Jedi are supersonic to hypersonic . Actually read some Starwars books before you say ridiculous crap like what you just said.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teresa takes it, conclusively.

LunarHeretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsenju: yeah good try Star Wars fanboy. There's literally no reason for them to be more than just peak human with some psionic powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunarheretic:

So

1. You just assumed I'm a boy.

2. You did no research, so you're just making stuff up.

LunarHeretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsenju: yeah, some guys barely dodging visible bullets traveling at subsonic speed have enough combat speed/reaction to take down a knight that can cut water without cohesion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunarheretic:

On the contrary i think Teresa takes this. Im just questioning why you think Jedi arent even supersonic, when theyve dodged blasters/bullets etc...

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teresa takes it

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By reikai

@darthsenju: Because majority of Jedi just aren't that fast. We do have Jedi like Windu with legitimate hypersonic bullet blocking and GM Luke with nanosecond timing. But the vast majority of Force Users just don't display these kinds of feats and can be taken out with guns if they get caught off-guard or just overwhelmed.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teresa lops his head off.

LunarHeretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsenju: plama bolts are even slower than modern pistol bullets and jedis have a hard time dodging them, even Jango Fett (a normal peak human) takes most jedis by himself, how on earth wouldn't a match 40000 like Teresa not cut him into pieces before he can react?

JHG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna pull for Teresa. Disney's killed Star Wars. Fight me:

No Caption Provided