Reapers(MassEffect) vs The Federation

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xan84

So let's say there are 300 Reapers and they attack the Feds. The feds got enought time to call for most of there ships in a sector to fight them. 

Reapers --> http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Reaper    
Dr.Wolfenstien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Dr.Wolfenstien

Reapers would win but i'm not to sure who the feds are. the federation from which place.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xan84
@Dr.Wolfenstien said:
"Reapers would win but i'm not to sure who the feds are. the federation from which place. "

Star Trek
Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Superparody

Reapers ill go with...as they should dwarf the federation with the amount of ships they have
ssjsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ssjsuperman

i think the Reapers
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceIMC

See I was gonna say Reapers but then it occurred to me that the Reapers main weapon is that the technology of the other races is based off their own and they can shut it down. The Federation's technology isn't so they'd be able to move and communicate to organize strikes against the Reapers.

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xan84
@PrinceIMC said:
"See I was gonna say Reapers but then it occurred to me that the Reapers main weapon is that the technology of the other races is based off their own and they can shut it down. The Federation's technology isn't so they'd be able to move and communicate to organize strikes against the Reapers. "

Also the weapons they have in Mass Effect don't look nowhere close to what ST weapons can do.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Baldy

Federation.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AtPhantom

Any feats or numbers for the reapers? They look cool and all, but how about shield and weapon strength?

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xan84
@AtPhantom said:

"Any feats or numbers for the reapers? They look cool and all, but how about shield and weapon strength? "

The best thing we got is a fleet shooting at it and not doing any damage and he was able with some energy thing to 1 shoot any ship. When it got destroyed was only because "the player" killed Saren Arterius and send some something (no idea what it was) back to the ship and it disables all of its shields and defences and then they preaty much blow it to pieces. 

Now we got no idea what shields and weapons humans and the rest of the dudes in ME got but they need those jump gates (forgot the name) to travel. No real feats of what they can take or deliver. 

The reaper is also able to indoctrinate anyone in his vicinity with time. 

The best thing i can find on Wikipedia. Yes copy paster don't kill me lol. 

Reapers are a hyper-advanced machine race that periodically awakens to destroy all advanced organic life in the galaxy. The term "Reaper" is not actually a self-designation. According to Sovereign (a vanguard left behind to ensure the Reapers' return), it is a Prothean name given to them, stating they have no name and that they "simply are". The Reapers hibernate in the Dark Space that lies beyond the galaxy's outer rim, and the Citadel itself is a gigantic mass relay that allows them to return to the galaxy. The Citadel's location at the mass relay network hub, along with its formidable defenses, make it an ideal location for the capital of galactic civilization. Upon the Citadel's activation, the Reapers quickly attack the Citadel and seize control of the mass relays, decapitating the government command structure and isolating individual systems. With any advanced organic civilizations in disarray, the Reapers then proceed with their genocide by methodically invading each system, exterminating or enslaving populations as they advance. This cycle of destruction has repeated for hundreds of thousands, if not millions of years. The primary plot of the game involves a race against time to prevent the Reapers' return.

Sovereign, the only Reaper to appear in Mass Effect, is actually a huge sentient ship, over twice the size of a dreadnought (the largest classification of starship within game canon; at one kilometer long). It resembles a squid, with a long round hull strong enough to survive an impact with another ship without suffering any noticeable damage, and tentacle-like arms equiped with powerful beam weapons. At first, Sovereign is simply believed to be a dreadnought controlled by rogue Spectre Saren Arterius, but it is later revealed that Sovereign is itself a Reaper and the true power behind Saren. It is never made clear whether all Reapers are identical to Sovereign, though the machine does state that they "are each a nation, independent, free of all weakness". Reapers have the ability to "indoctrinate" organic species, bending their will and controlling them via exposure to an unknown signal emitted from themselves. It is revealed that Sovereign uses this signal to exert influence over its organic charges, to varying degrees, including Saren Arterius.

In Mass Effect 2, the Reapers are believed to be supplying the Collectors with their technology and orchestrating the plan to capture entire human colonies.    

That is about all i can do. 

Ps there is a link in my OP with stuff on the reapers and i said 300 of this things come in Fed space. I got no idea and nobody knows how many there are in dark space so i just put up a number. It can be 3 or 3000000 for all we know.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AtPhantom
@Xan said:
"The best thing i can find on Wikipedia."
/Sharpens knife...
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xan84
@AtPhantom said:
" @Xan said:
/Sharpens knife... "

Well i said some things that i know by playing the game but its just easyer to copy paster :D What can i say i am lazy :P 

PS if you kill me you are going to need the Ghostbusters and they don't come cheap !
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:
" @Xan said:
/Sharpens knife... "

No Caption Provided
DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By DH69

only one reaper has been shown and damn it if i wasnt impressed.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AtPhantom
@Xan said:
" if you kill me you are going to need the Ghostbusters and they don't come cheap ! "
(Points at the icon) I'm already a freaking priest. Ghostbusters would just hamper my style :P

Anyway, so while the reapers are impressive in some areas (Being able to scour a galaxy clean of life is no small feat), there is not enough evidence to compare them to other scifi universes.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xan84
@Morpheus_ said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Xan said:
/Sharpens knife... "

"
Hey ! Is not THAT Funny :P 

@AtPhantom said:
" @Xan said:
" if you kill me you are going to need the Ghostbusters and they don't come cheap ! "
(Points at the icon) I'm already a freaking priest. Ghostbusters would just hamper my style :P  Anyway, so while the reapers are impressive in some areas (Being able to scour a galaxy clean of life is no small feat), there is not enough evidence to compare them to other scifi universes. "

True.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xan84

I can't edit and this is more like a question: 

Why do you guys hate Wiki so much ? i mean there are times when there is actualy some good information around there. Of course it can be edited by anyone but i realy don't think there are Reapers fan boys around to amp them up and post distorted truths on Wiki.  

It was just a way to save time. I can tell you the hole story and fill about 2 pages but what is the point if i can copy paste ...   

Ps anyone going to play ME 2 when it goes live next week ? I know i am :D
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AtPhantom
@Xan said:
" I can't edit and this is more like a question:  Why do you guys hate Wiki so much ? i mean there are times when there is actualy some good information around there. Of course it can be edited by anyone but i realy don't think there are Reapers fan boys around to amp them up and post distorted truths on Wiki. "
We don't hate it, and no, I don't think there are any reapers fanboys, but we just can't take that chance. There have been plenty of mistakes found on wiki pages that should not have happened. I use wiki to dig up on a character history and get the basic information about their powers, but for a further debate, you have to dig up the scans themselves. 
Regardless of how accurate or inaccurate it is, it is still written by someone with no actual relation or approval of the publishers or writers. even if all it does is re tell the events of the comics, it's still better to refer to the source itself, rather than a second hand experience.  

And FTR, Wikipedia is my freaking home page.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xan84
@AtPhantom said:
" @Xan said:
" I can't edit and this is more like a question:  Why do you guys hate Wiki so much ? i mean there are times when there is actualy some good information around there. Of course it can be edited by anyone but i realy don't think there are Reapers fan boys around to amp them up and post distorted truths on Wiki. "
We don't hate it, and no, I don't think there are any reapers fanboys, but we just can't take that chance. There have been plenty of mistakes found on wiki pages that should not have happened. I use wiki to dig up on a character history and get the basic information about their powers, but for a further debate, you have to dig up the scans themselves.  Regardless of how accurate or inaccurate it is, it is still written by someone with no actual relation or approval of the publishers or writers. even if all it does is re tell the events of the comics, it's still better to refer to the source itself, rather than a second hand experience.   And FTR, Wikipedia is my freaking home page. "

I would glady trade Storm's fanboys for Reapers. Just look at rbysjti. I reast my case lol.
NervesInvicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NervesInvicta

I'm super late to the party but I want to respond anyway.

@superparody said:

Reapers ill go with...as they should dwarf the federation with the amount of ships they have

Nope. The Dominion War story arc showed that the Federation has thousands of ships. They can match the numbers of this entire hypothetical reaper fleet with ease. As for who I think would win, I think the Federation stomp. More advanced tech, pure energy weapons (the reaper defenses are designed to fight to defend against kinetic energy weapons, phasers would go right through it), and quantum torpedos which Garak once said could be used by a single ship to turn an entire planet into a smoking cinder. We never saw the reapers throw out anything of that magnitude. The reaper main weapon isn't going to scratch a starship's shield and reapers will be one shotted by torpedos and possibly even phasers. A full spread of torpedos could likely take out 6 reapers in one go.

The main advantage the reapers have is that the Federation would be highly susceptible to indoctrination. If they're smart like they were in Mass Effect they'd send in one or two reapers first and stealthy start indoctrinate high ranking Federation officers to destroy the Federation from the inside. That's their only chance.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reapers win

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(I wanted to give my answer, if mods are disatisfied with bumping a thread, sowwy)

So, 300 Reapers attacking a Federation Sector. Lets assume it's earth, cause Earth is always so special.

In the Sol System, the Federation 7th Fleet is permanently stationed there, along with Starbase 01 and the Mars Defense Perimeter (Assuming late TNG/Ds9 era here). In addition, you have ground based defenses on Earth itself, mostly concentrated at Starfleet Headquaters.

Now, I'm assuming since this in STverse, the Reapers do not have access to Mass Relays. Therefore, they must work their way inwards towards Earth. Even starting at Pluto, it's going to take at least an hour for them to reach Earth, which will give the Fed plenty of warning of an incoming attack. Star Trek sensors are massively superior to anything in Mass Effect.

The Reapers main weapon is a stream of molten slag, with an explosive force of about 430 Kilotons, or 40. times the exlposive force of the atom bomb dropped on Hiroshima. As we've seen in Mass Effect, they can cut through even Asari ships with absolutely no effort.

Now, a standard issue photon torpedo is rated for a maximum yeild of 20 Isotons, or, to put another way, it is capable of excerting about 2000 Megatons of explosive force. In Voyager, Harry Wang and Tuvok modifiy a torpedo for a 70 Isoton yeild, which is said to be enough to blow up a small moon. No where in Mass Effect have I ever seen the Reapers ever put out anywhere near that kind of firepower, whereas with starfleet, this appears to be a simple mod on standard issue weapons that was accomplished in a single afternoon by the single most incompetent science officer to ever serve in the history of Starfleet, and Tuvok, the grand pimp daddy of the Delta Quadrent.

Also, since I'm using the seventh fleet, it's important to note that the Enterprise-E is the flagship of that fleet. The Enterprise carries a magazine of quantum torpedos, which is said to be so powerful that a single torpedo can turn an entire planet into a pile of molten slag. Now, there has never been any on screen feats for that, but we did see that a single qauntum was enough to blow apart a Borg Sphere, and it only took 3 to do the same to a cube (granted, with the help of 20 odd other ships). I highly doubt Reaper Slag would do much more then put a few burn marks on the Borg Paint.

So yeah, weapons, quite simply is: Starfleet >>>>>>>>>(x-infinity) Reapers.

Now, defenses. Pretty much all Mass Effect ships use Kinetic Barriers as shields. The way these are described in lore leads me to assume they operate similar to federation navigational deflectors, in that they use energy to deflect the kenetic energy of incoming projectiles. Now, the Reaper's main gun is enough to cut through these barriers with ease. Since they are firing Molten Slag at about 5% the speed of light, I have to assume they have a temperature of at least 1510 degrees C. So they overwhelm it with heat and force.

Starfleet shields are designed to survive entry for brief periods into the corona of yellow stars, which raidiate at 5000 degrees celcius. So heat is no issue. They are also capable of surviving the explosive force of those 20 isoton photon torpedos, so I'd suspect they'd eaisly deflect the Reapers main guns. Granted, a concentrated force of 300 reapers firing on say, 10 star fleet ships might overwhelm a few shields, but I doubt the Reapers will get that far.

Basically, for the Tl;DR Crowd, The Reapers get MURDERstomped. They are so outclassed that all they can do is run.

Now granted, I don't think the Feds have any immediate counter to indoctrination. So if the Reapers were smart, they'd send in one or two, hide in the moon, and slowly take over Key Starfleet Admirals and Scientists, study the tech, and prepare a good attack that way.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Federation ships have megaton firepower.

Reapers throw out and go down to kiloton firepower.

Nuff said.

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feds

Danikerhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers