Reapers (ME) vs The Flood (Halo)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Flood has taken over UNSC and Convenant.

No Caption Provided

The Reapers have taken down the Citadel and Races of the Galaxy.

No Caption Provided

Who wins between the two forces?

No Caption Provided

The Gravemind?

No Caption Provided

Maybe Harbinger?

• Both have full access to resources they would normally have.
  • They must wipe out the others species.
  • Standard numbers at the height of their power.
  • Who wins?
Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I've only played ME 3. So I don't know the full specs of the reapers. But I'm sure the gravemind would give them a hellovalot of trouble.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

@scorpion2501: No he really wouldn't. The entire combined might of the ME races working in concert could not defeat the Reapers, only hold them off long enough for Shepard to activate the Crucible and kill them that way. There is absolutely no way the Flood are doing what basically an entire fictional universe could not.

I hate to say it but this is a mismatch.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shot

Probably the Flood. They would infect and mutate entire ships of the Reapers and add numbers rapidly. Then basically... just Flood them..

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shot said:

Probably the Flood. They would infect and mutate entire ships of the Reapers and add numbers rapidly. Then basically... just Flood them..

This is what drew me lol.

Flood would infect, but Reapers are machines, and they can Indoctrinate.

Interesting clash.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: I thought the reapers used flesh as their armor/metal, in the end they can infect each other to make a new entire race...The Reapers Flood.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cjdavis103

@cadencev2: can the flood infect machines? because the "flesh" of the reapers are all cybernetics not organics

the reaper should win here just by straveing the flood out

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember this is also flood with the halo tech.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9 JediXMan  Moderator

@scorpion2501: No he really wouldn't. The entire combined might of the ME races working in concert could not defeat the Reapers, only hold them off long enough for Shepard to activate the Crucible and kill them that way. There is absolutely no way the Flood are doing what basically an entire fictional universe could not.

One of the options in ME3, instead of picking the 3 endings, is to shoot the Starchild. Doing so causes the Crucible to shut down, and the epilogue says that the Reapers wiped them out.

Note that it wasn't the entire Reaper fleet, which was spread out, if memory serves.

@cadencev2: can the flood infect machines? because the "flesh" of the reapers are all cybernetics not organics

They have some organic components. Reapers are made by breaking down countless organisms, such as the creation of the human Reaper. They do it to "preserve" the races they extinguish. Harbinger is made up of the Leviathans - the original creators of the Reapers.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: the majority of it is cybernetics though and they cannot manip cybernetics

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Frocharocha

@shroudofsorrow said:

Hmmm nope.

Forerunner weaponryis in a whole ohter league. We are talking about ships that could fire on the petatons scale and vaporize entire solar systems.

We are talking about Soldiers and tanks 3 to 9 times stronger than the Killing machines Spartan II.

Foreurunner weaponry is mainly Plasma based. And plasma is waaay hotter than the surface of the sun.

Reaper weaponry could only achieve around 36 kilotons of force (Molten metal beams, forgot the name). Super MAC Blasts fires on Gigatons scale. Covenant dreadnought canons are on the Gigatons as well. Forerunner weaponry dwarf that weaponry.

Flood could hack any technology because of how they were created, incluiding Precursor technology. That`s how they were using Forerunner ships on Halo Legends and the Ark on Halo 2-3.

One flood spore it`s enough to consume a whole planet. They don`t need Spores to infect Biomass, they can use powder and other stuff. Whomever this method can take years.

The Reapers were only defeated because of a Deux Ex Machinima ending. Bioware wanted the Alliance races to win.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frocharocha: Wated to say, many weapons are Plasma base are not hotter than the sun. i seen Sci fi Plasma weapons range from 10,000 to 30,000 degrees. Sun is 27,000 degrees.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Frocharocha

@cadencev2 said:

@frocharocha: Wated to say, many weapons are Plasma base are not hotter than the sun. i seen Sci fi Plasma weapons range from 10,000 to 30,000 degrees. Sun is 27,000 degrees.

Well. Forerunners could also construct planets from scratch. In the case of the former they would utilize raw materials and melt them down into a 20,000 km sphere, Onyx however was a latticework of Sentinels constructed from trillions of combat platforms, each perfectly capable of defending the portal to the Shield Dyson sphere that was located at the core.

They could construct God like ships from scratch:

Halo Cryptum

; ch. 8.

“They’ve come to ask my help—or arrest me again. I think the former, and I think I know why—but Imust not help them. I’ve stayed here too long already. It’s time to leave. And all of you will come with me.”

“Where? How?”

My answer arrived even as I spoke. The platform was still rising. The circling pillars sprouted bulkheads, beams, and stanchions—all the necessary parts. The skeleton of a slipspace voyager was growing around us, almost too rapidly to track—until the pillars were walled in, the sky and the swirling ships vanished, and we were completely enclosed.

Bornstellar notes the speed in which an 800 meter vessel is constructed around him, commenting that the bulkheads are being constructed so quickly that they're proving difficult to track even for his advanced Forerunner senses.

-------

Total planetary assets included millions of habitable worlds and artificial stations, millions of warships (during one of their final assaults a single Forerunner commander yielded 700,000 warships) including countless scores of massive Fortress-class vessels. Their larger vessels are the size of small moons, and their largest constructs range from Jovian sized structures to solid spheres the width of Earth's orbit.

And of course. The flood defeated those guys. Reapers have no chance. They can just hold as much as they can.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frocharocha:

keep in mind they can only use covenant and UNSC tech not forerunner

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By goobot

@cjdavis103 said:

@frocharocha:

He said resources they would have at the heigh of their power.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goobot said:

@cjdavis103 said:

@frocharocha:

You said resources they would have at the heigh of their power.

Yes, however, any feats of Flood using forunner tech like the forunners could?

Thats the argument to be made.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cjdavis103

@goobot:

Standard numbers at the height of their power.

Nothing about them having forerunner tech

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: in the flood forerunner war they did use forerunner tech

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Orician_Seis

I say Reapers. I would argue their smarter and better at war. The flood would be busy fighting the indoctrinated ME races to focus on the Reapers. After both sides are widled down, the Reapers come clean house.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goobot:

Standard numbers at the height of their power.

Nothing about them having forerunner tech

Whoops, this ended that, I already forgot what I wrote.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

close battles, flood would have the massive covenant carriers and ships, UNSC ships wouldn't be much of a factor. Since OP did say tech in the unviverse, the flood would also have MAC platforms.

As for a reaper tanking damage, in the cinematic it was 30 ships firing mass drivers, covenant plasma would be more damaging.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frocharocha: Hmmm...nope. And actually you admitting that the Reapers only lost due to as you put it a "Deus Ex Machina" just goes to show that the Reapers could not be defeated by the entire ME universe working in concert. And frankly, the Reapers have the endurance and firepower to destroy the Flood. Or, if the Flood can just keep repopulating then it's an eternal stalemate.

And Cadence is correct. Not all plasma fire is hotter than the sun. Halo's Plasma fire is MUCH weaker than Warhammer 40k plasma for example. Their nice big ships will also do them diddly squat given that the Reapers were (again) not beatable except by the Crucible, even when the entire ME universe had joined forces against them.

Lastly, ABC logic doesn't work with the Flood because during the Forerunner war they were using the Forerunner's own advanced tech against them. The OP though says that this is the Flood having infected only the UNSC and Covenant, who don't have anywhere CLOSE to the needed amount of firepower to take down the Reapers.

This is still a mismatch. The Reapers are pretty overpowered. There's no reason to believe the Flood will just effortlessly plow through them all.

Avatar image for thegoddamnmasterchief
TheGoddamnMasterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Reapers are fucked. The OP gave the Flood the combined biomass of the entire UNSC and the Covenant, which means that key minds and star roads will form. The Reapers get mindraped or, failing that, smashed to bits by star roads flying at them at relativistic speeds.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: Couldn't the reapers affect cybernetics like when they used the reaper fragment to augmented the Geth?Little blurry on ME so not sure

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegoddamnmasterchief:

No Caption Provided

There is nothing concrete on what Star Roads can do, only speculation. And even if there was concrete showings of Star Roads in action, the UNSC and Covenant never employed them on any occasion. And the Forerunners usage of them didn't help them against the Flood, it won't help against the Reapers.

Reapers still stomp 10/10.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation:

reapers can afect cybernetics and flesh

flesh cannot affect cybernetics

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

hmmm..

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Frocharocha

@shroudofsorrow said:

@frocharocha: Hmmm...nope. And actually you admitting that the Reapers only lost due to as you put it a "Deus Ex Machina" just goes to show that the Reapers could not be defeated by the entire ME universe working in concert. And frankly, the Reapers have the endurance and firepower to destroy the Flood. Or, if the Flood can just keep repopulating then it's an eternal stalemate.

And Cadence is correct. Not all plasma fire is hotter than the sun. Halo's Plasma fire is MUCH weaker than Warhammer 40k plasma for example. Their nice big ships will also do them diddly squat given that the Reapers were (again) not beatable except by the Crucible, even when the entire ME universe had joined forces against them.

Lastly, ABC logic doesn't work with the Flood because during the Forerunner war they were using the Forerunner's own advanced tech against them. The OP though says that this is the Flood having infected only the UNSC and Covenant, who don't have anywhere CLOSE to the needed amount of firepower to take down the Reapers.

This is still a mismatch. The Reapers are pretty overpowered. There's no reason to believe the Flood will just effortlessly plow through them all.

I`m realing liking this conversation and i don`t know why xD Anyway

The flood can infect both mechanical and biological systems. If they get on board the Citadel, they will eventually make their way to wherever the keepers are decanted.

Even if the reapers shut down the Mass relay, there is still other FTLs and STL to travel, infect, and muck about.

And the flood are known to use ramming maneuvers to infect major targets, such as high charity. Reapers will be infected.

Hell, a gravemind may open the gateway for the reapers just to infect them.

A Gravemind would make a Reaper shit bricks because it is literally the organic version of a Reaper only billions of time more intelligent.

The Flood will consume the entire galaxy in a matter of weeks. Absolutely no one else matters other than the Reapers for the Flood. Given that it's a near certainty that the Collectors would be floodified, it would mean that the Gravemind would have direct access to the Reapers, and that is not really a battle a single Reaper could win.

Only like 5 pelicans with some Reaper units were enough to infect and rake over the High Charity. A massive Covenant instalation with thousands of massive Covenant carriers, 464 Kilometers in lenght and 348 Kilometers wide. That`s way bigger and powerful than any Reaper ship ever.

The Second Fleet of Homogeneous Clarity was a very large Covenant fleet, and was a part of the High Charity defense fleet during2552. The Fleet numbered in the thousands of warships and had the sole responsibility of protecting the Covenant Holy City of High Charity.[2]

We are talking about soldiers numbering in the bilions.

DatSwampertAzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DatSwampertAzz

Reapers..played all 3 games, read all 3 books and currently reading the comics..the fact that the indoctrinated can still use the abilities of the individual puts huge favor into those who have biotic abilities..especially the Banshees...they are no joke

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As of Silentium

Flood

the Reapers wouldn't even register as a speedbump, they are trash on the street

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Cjdavis103

@strongarm:

this is not Silentium flood this is only the flood useing cov and UNSC tech

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strongarm:

this is not Silentium flood this is only the flood useing cov and UNSC tech

It`s the same. Many feats from the Flood comes from the books.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Vortex1456789

No, the Reapers are pathetic compared to the Forerunners. Forerunners have ships that fire in the teratons, petatons with MIILIONS of ships and MILLIONS of planets with ships bigger than the citadel. The strongest Reaper ship caps out at 400 kilotons.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Vortex1456789

@thegoddamnmasterchief:

No Caption Provided

There is nothing concrete on what Star Roads can do, only speculation. And even if there was concrete showings of Star Roads in action, the UNSC and Covenant never employed them on any occasion. And the Forerunners usage of them didn't help them against the Flood, it won't help against the Reapers.

Reapers still stomp 10/10.

Even IF it did take the combined power of the Quarian fleet to take down a reaper, it wouldn't matter because Forerunners have ships that fire in the teratons and peta tons. And Reapers are NOT overpowered, they pathetic compared to Necrons, and other sci fi races.

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ironshinobi88

What we have to look at here is Can UNSC&Covenenat ships take on a Reaper ship? Im inclined to say no. IF the flood lose the naval battle, how are they going to get re supplied, let alone mobile? Reapers can raze entire worlds, I don't know that the FloodSpores can destroy them, as of Halo Novels, Flood takes a hundreds of years to infect A.I.

The winner is whoever can win via spaceship combat. I think Reapers struggle coming out with 6/10.

Baztet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ironshinobi88: Why wouldn't they be able to take on the reaper ships again? In case you haven't noticed ME is a very weak sci fi. Covenant ships out class reapers, and the flood can infect just about anything and it doesnt take hundreds of years.... idk where you got that idea either. It took the gravemind 43 years to infect a forerunner AI and the forerunners stomp the reapers so bad it's not even funny.

Eggnogui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither side wins. I'd say they end up assimilating each other and create a whole new power. Flood Reapers?

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reapers

Avatar image for the_true_prophicy
The_true_Prophicy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we can all agree that mendicant bias would slaughter the reapers and probably make them kill each other for shits and giggles. If the flood can corrupt him in a course of 43 years and he is more advanced then the reapers then the flood would hack the reapers.

In fact the flood do not simply have the ability to corrupt and mutate the flesh but they have the ability to do the same to to AI and machines. Ex. When the flood corrupts mendicant bias as previously stated, when the gravemind torments cortana he displays the ability to hack into her at any moment and decided to toy with her for pleasure and cortana seems on many occasions to be 'raped' in a way by him and finally we have the monitor of instillation 05 Monitor, 2401 Penitent Tangent who was being controlled by the gravemind. So here we have evidence of more advance AI with tech that craps on the reapers succumbing to the flood's logic plague.

"You cannot stop me... I will sift it from you before you finally die, or you can surrender it and have what you always wanted—infinite life, infinite knowledge, and infinite companionship."—The Gravemind attempting to persuade Cortana to give up her struggle.

"How can this be? Can such sublime mentality be so distorted? And yet... So rich! So infinitely deep in meaning and broad in scope, I am overwhelmed. The Gravemind studies me, loves me so intensely it will eat me, absorb me into its very center. I twist in a spiral of laws once brilliant but now evil, cutting, carving—setting evil precedents. A shredding maze of forensic infection. No truth anywhere. All illusion! In agony. With infinite amusement, it withdraws its tendrils and my carapace is resealed. Gravemind informs me I will be delivered back to Forerunner territory, carrying a shard of itself deep in my memory. To spread fear and pain. Burn me! Extinguish my memory! I beg you! Better that Catalog never existed!"—Catalog describes its encounter with the Gravemind.

"{~} all the thinking beings of this galaxy, not just those that they {~} exactly are they afraid of? Immortality and strength and companionship? Because that is {~} do: to deliver all of the living beings of this galaxy from death and weakness and loneliness."—The Gravemind arguing with Mendicant Bias.

"There is peace in subjugation..."—Flood information corruption manifesting in the Juridical network.

The logic plague is the Forerunner term for the techniques used by the Flood to attack and subvert intelligences through non-biological means. Described as the information equivalent of the parasite, the logic plague is not a rigid or singular mechanism; much like the Flood's biological aspect, it can take many forms and adapt to different circumstances. The state induced by the logic plague in an artificial intelligence is often equated with the condition of rampancy, albeit one of a specific focus—the propagation of the Flood's goals. The ability to induce the logic plague develops as alongside the manifestation and growth of a Gravemind The parasite's capacity to do so continues to increase as the Flood gains more biomass and thus processing power and intelligence. This growth—achieved in part through the planet-encompassing Keymind—eventually enabled the parasite to match any Forerunner AI near the end of the Foreruner-Flood War.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flood would win, it'd take time but they'd win.

Loreguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The flood stomp. Halo weaponry is VASTLY superior to ME universe weapons. Saying that the ME universe couldn't stop the reapers is unfair given that the weapons used are inferior to the UNSC weapons and the Covenant weapons. (Halo humans could casually destroy the ME humans). The flood spreads and propagates to fast and once a gravemind is in play it would probably just use the logic plague to infect the Reapers. You guys have very little knowledge of the Flood since you completely ruled out the main ability they used to convert forerunner A.I to help them. Another thing is that the Flood would still have Knowledge of Forerunner tech since each gravemind has all the knowledge gathered by previous gravemind (this is how the Gravemind in Halo 2-3 knew about the Forerunners). The Flood would STOMP the Reapers 10/10. Also they would just create Star roads to protect their fleets. These Star roads can destroy planets, and are completely indestructible. Sorry to all the ME fans who can't accept the truth. The flood Can also infect the universe itself once it hits galactic scale (which it could easily do in the ME universe) since it was able to warp time space to stop slipspace for the forerunners and also allow them to instantaneously travel across the galaxy. Again the Flood would start off with better weapons (One mac shot would easily cripple a Reaper) and would likely just Use the logic Plague (which is the flood using a creatures purpose to convert it to the flood's side via a logical debate. Nothing has ever resisted this before.)

Flood stomps 10/10

AotD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if flood cannot infect mechanic or cybernetic organism then reapers otherwise reapers are doomed

KeenCraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The flood can infect machinery as well as flesh. Even Ancilla can be infected. Im not too well versed on Reaper power. I know the basics but judging by the Flood accolades they should take it eventually.

Master chief is always the PISsiest character in existence lol there is no way the flood would have lost had it not been for "Luck".

Halo312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Halo312

People forget that the flood also have the Logic Plague. So it can infect machines.

TyrantTITANIUM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I have to add to this is that the flood had this thing called the logic plague that allowed them to infect the minds of AI. AI are not immune to the flood.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The flood are so broken that the forerunners decided the best way to deal with them would be to starve them by wiping out all life in the galaxy

SLiMmcl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played either of these franchises in years but i notice alot of people are talking about the flood being able to infect the reapers and how the flood can infect tech and such.

What about Reapers assimilating the flood?

@eggnogui said:

Neither side wins. I'd say they end up assimilating each other and create a whole new power. Flood Reapers?

I think i agree with this person ^

Percival115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: It's been a decade, but anyway, star roads were used by the flood during the ancient war yes, but hardlight was a precursor tech not a forerunner invention. The flood are precursors, they just need enough biomass to access that knowledge.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By noah_ouellette

@shroudofsorrow: the covenant would beat every single race of the ME universe let alone the flood.

The flood simply infect the reapers and it’s game over. They are artificial AI. The flood can infect technology that’s what makes them more dangerous than like every other hive mind.

Keep in mind the flood completely overtook the forerunners a race that is so massively ahead of everything we’ve ever seen in the mass effect universe including the reapers.