Shahdee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Shahdee

No Caption Provided

I just re-read Uncanny X-Men/Teen Titans crossover. Phoenix said that Raven is tainted by an evil that rivals her own power. If Raven takes her powers to the maximum, who do u think will win? Raven or Phoenix? Tie?
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By pixelized

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/the-phoenix-vs-raven/16436/?page=last#reply_form

roguemarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By roguemarvel

raven
NYStreets09e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NYStreets09e

Phoenix

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Roddy010

Based on feats Phoenix will overpower Raven...

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BlueComet

Raven, just barely

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By YoungJustice

The Girl who can solo the whole DCU wins.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BlueComet

@YoungJustice: Neither one of them can do that

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By blackadamFTW

@YoungJustice: Yeah, Raven has never solo'd the DCU.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By YoungJustice

Raven can. I can make a valid debate that she could defeat them. In under a day.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BlueComet

@YoungJustice: Shoot,

by which i mean i want to hear it.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By blackadamFTW

@YoungJustice said:

Raven can. I can make a valid debate that she could defeat them. In under a day.

The featless Raven can not solo the DC universe. I can promise you that.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By YoungJustice

I will create a thread tommorow.

BlackDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BlackDove

Phoenix. The feats and history of the Phoenix prove to be more impressive than Raven's, for example her planet absorbing feats.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BlueComet

@YoungJustice said:

Cool, I'm looking forward to it. I don't know a whole lot about Raven outside of the Teen Titans cartoon so I'm interested to see it.

magnetor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By magnetor

Phoenix is omnipotent, isnt she?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Joewell911

@YoungJustice: SEND ME A PM W/ THE LINK

TheGraySon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheGraySon

@blackadamFTW said:

@YoungJustice said:

The featless Raven can not solo the DC universe. I can promise you that.

^

What is she gonna do? Soul self 3 people then pass out?

njones5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix with ease.

Stryzzar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Stryzzar

Raven could only win if she's in her Trigon empowered state, otherwise Phoenix takes this.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stryzzar said:

Raven could only win if she's in her Trigon empowered state, otherwise Phoenix takes this.

Phoenix would still defeat her no matter the conditions even in Trigon state.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Can you link it?

Stryzzar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Stryzzar

@mazeraiii: At her full potential she would win, but she almost always holds back because her power is too destructive. Phoenix isn't invincible and has lost fights before.

njones5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stryzzar: No. Phoenix always holds back and no she hasn't lost a fight. She lost against xorn after the Phoenix Force limited her power. She was easily able to deal with Galactus so you think raven can beat galactus? Galactus at 1% beats supes.

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix

Stryzzar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Stryzzar

@njones5: Yes I know she has quite a few very impressive, even godly feats. But she is not invulnerable, she has died a few times.

My point about the holding back thing is, if she fights at a full potential she could destroy the world with ease. Unless this is morals off she would never resort to that much power. She was trained specifically to hold back her power to prevent too much collateral damage.

Also, I said regular Raven wouldn't stand a chance against Phoenix. But Trigon empowered Raven is a whole different story. Trigon would have the power to challenge Galactus.

@njones5 said:

Galactus at 1% beats supes.

That's a whole different battle which will draw a long line of arguments. Let's leave that out for now.

Avatar image for deactivated-62bbc687ba507
deactivated-62bbc687ba507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pheonix.stomp.

RavenSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

full powered raven as in possessed by trigon / white raven is at least an universal threat. more so if we consider trigon is said to be on par with the spectre

she cant do much in base tho

jpdag05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know of no version of raven that stands the slightest chance against phoenix. Can someone educate me possibly?

Avatar image for theenlightenedone
TheenlightenedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jpdag05:

Trigon possessed raven would probably destroy pheonix little effort.

Not only can she pretty much instantly render pheonix emotionless AND still along with unable to use her powers via magical power transferal like she did to kid devil, she has also been able to bring back people from the dead (jericho), rapidly cool heated objects using soul self for example what she did to bomb shell, Interdimensional teleportation, and can even transform people into sins.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

and if you make her mad enough then there's this.

No Caption Provided

Now of raven just wanted to blitz and be done with pheonix, then White raven could not only sense her from several states away but completely screw up her mind without even being too close to her using her soul self like she did to brother blood.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 juiceboks  Moderator

Even standard Jean would stomp Raven, this is a mismatch.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WollfMyth209

Unless Trigon is taking his little princess' place, the Phoenix slaughters. And should be locked.

I'm an unapolagetic Raven fanboy, and yet still cannot believe people would think there's a legit case for Rae to be made.

Corvin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even standard Jean would stomp Raven, this is a mismatch.

Standard? No. Unbound? Probably. Green or Dark Phoenix? Stomp. Current Jean a.k.a White Phoenix? Ridiculous mismatch, godstomp.

jpdag05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theenlightenedone: Sorry, none of this puts her anywhere near the phoenix as far as I can tell. Matching galactus, consuming a star, etc. seem to put her in a completely different league.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix stomps. Standard Jean would lose.

piplup22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By piplup22

people seem to forget its been said that raven using her soul self could wipe out or destroy earth if she wanted to and when ravens in her evil form they have to kill her i order to stop her.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone that says raven is a smelly head

HenryR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raven

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix.

HankScorpio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Phoenix destroys Raven.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Phoenix and it's not close.

totu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By totu

Regular Raven, who holds back a lot, might lose against Phoenix, but she is superior to regular Jean.

However Raven with morals off and if she let loose and fully tapping to the peak of powers will wreck and beat Phoenix to the hell and back, properly and figuratively.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@piplup22 said:

people seem to forget its been said that raven using her soul self could wipe out or destroy earth if she wanted to

Destroying a planet is literally a miniscule feat compared to Phoenix.

@totu said:

However Raven with morals off and if she let loose and fully tapping to the peak of powers will wreck and beat Phoenix to the hell and back, properly and figuratively.

LOL nah. The only way Raven can win this is if she has Trigon or Azarath amplifying her to endless degrees. Standard Raven dies horribly to Phoenix.

totu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By totu

@wollfmyth209 said:

@totu said:

LOL nah. The only way Raven can win this is if she has Trigon or Azarath amplifying her to endless degrees. Standard Raven dies horribly to Phoenix.

While its true that she absorbed and was amped by the souls of Azarath to obliterate Trigon (who somehow survived however, as he shows up later), but Trigon looks to me well more powerful than Phoenix. I also don't think she actually needs Trigon to amplify her powers, she have similar kind of powers, is just that she may fell under Trigon's influence if she tap in them too much. Or she can safely use them without that worry only if somehow Trigon influence was cleansed from her

Here is she going evil and using her own darker powers, without to be empowered or directly controlled by Trigon.

http://i.imgur.com/Ntorz4h.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DND99ks.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iBLVRP6.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111288614/5538252-0581850892-bVLwC.jpg

Trigon was only at a tenth of his usual power level, but that was still enough to destroy Raven, her world and the universe. Later Raven mind manipulated her brothers, without they realize that, to get that power from Trigon, and she closed the portal blocking him in his dimension, as she correctly considered him much more dangerous, devious and intelligent compared with her brothers.

And after that she easily oneshotted her brothers, despite they had that universe busting power from Trigon on top of their already great powers. Not just that Raven didn't wanted that Trigon power for herself, but she started to take her brothers powers and put them in the Titans to transform them in her evil companions and servants to rule the main DC realm at her side, which she didn't had any doubts she will take and rule.

Which mean that the statements that Raven can destroy the universe and more are confirmed once again. Because she doesn't bother to grab something more from Trigon or her brothers, and neither is afraid that her fellow Titans could rebel or overpower her once she gave them those powers.

Even that powers transfer is an incredible feat of magic and energies manipulation, and I don't think is needed to go now to other examples. I am curious however to see what can put Phoenix above these, in which context and such

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@totu: While its true that she absorbed and was amped by the souls of Azarath to obliterate Trigon (who somehow survived however, as he shows up later), but Trigon looks to me well more powerful than Phoenix.

Indeed, Trigon is more powerful than Phoenix, but that in no way makes Raven capable of contending with, let alone beating Phoenix. As you yourself made it clear, Trigon can one-shot Raven and her entire universe with one tenth of his power, so Raven is literally an ant compared to him. Trigon being better than the Phoenix means nothing when he's astronomically better than Raven as well.

I also don't think she actually needs Trigon to amplify her powers, she have similar kind of powers, is just that she may fell under Trigon's influence if she tap in them too much. Or she can safely use them without that worry only if somehow Trigon influence was cleansed from her

Her powers are similar to Trigon's, but they are on a far less titanic scale, much like how Fate has all the powers of Nabu just not as strong. Trigon is astronomically more powerful than Raven.

Here is she going evil and using her own darker powers, without to be empowered or directly controlled by Trigon.

http://i.imgur.com/Ntorz4h.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DND99ks.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iBLVRP6.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111288614/5538252-0581850892-bVLwC.jpg

And none of that proves anything.

Trigon was only at a tenth of his usual power level, but that was still enough to destroy Raven, her world and the universe. Later Raven mind manipulated her brothers, without they realize that, to get that power from Trigon, and she closed the portal blocking him in his dimension, as she correctly considered him much more dangerous, devious and intelligent compared with her brothers.

That's nice.

And after that she easily oneshotted her brothers, despite they had that universe busting power from Trigon on top of their already great powers. Not just that Raven didn't wanted that Trigon power for herself, but she started to take her brothers powers and put them in the Titans to transform them in her evil companions and servants to rule the main DC realm at her side, which she didn't had any doubts she will take and rule.

Which mean that the statements that Raven can destroy the universe and more are confirmed once again.

I'm sorry... What? Since when are Raven's brothers universe busters? They were challenged by the likes of Wally West, Donna Troy, Starfire and freaking Robin... They are in no way universal. They sapped Trigon of his power, sure, but by how much? Enough to weaken him and close the portal between two dimensions, but not enough to actually destroy a universe, especially with so little evidence to support that notion.

I hesitate to put Raven incapacitating her siblings at even above planetary range, nevermind universal.

Because she doesn't bother to grab something more from Trigon or her brothers, and neither is afraid that her fellow Titans could rebel or overpower her once she gave them those powers.

Even that powers transfer is an incredible feat of magic and energies manipulation, and I don't think is needed to go now to other examples.

She can transfer power... That's nice. It means nothing compared to the Phoenix, who can similarly transfer power and life essence from multiple beings into one.

I am curious however to see what can put Phoenix above these, in which context and such

Having just as many statements of being universal in power as Trigon, having far better feats, performing tasks that Raven would be hard-pressed or even incapable of replicating, etc.

Asurakj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix

totu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By totu

@wollfmyth209 said:

Indeed, Trigon is more powerful than Phoenix, but that in no way makes Raven capable of contending with, let alone beating Phoenix. As you yourself made it clear, Trigon can one-shot Raven and her entire universe with one tenth of his power, so Raven is literally an ant compared to him. Trigon being better than the Phoenix means nothing when he's astronomically better than Raven as well.

Trigon can destroy those, isn't said he oneshot, and I can't see from where do you reach the conclusion that Raven is an ant to him? She clearly didn't feel the need to absorb his power from her brothers, which means she already had more than that 10% he had. Is he more powerful than her? Very possible. Is he astronomically better? Nope, that's not appear to be even implied

Her powers are similar to Trigon's, but they are on a far less titanic scale, much like how Fate has all the powers of Nabu just not as strong. Trigon is astronomically more powerful than Raven.

How do you know that? She never used them at full potential, and by statements she is beyond universal?

And none of that proves anything.

Hmm, how so?

I'm sorry... What? Since when are Raven's brothers universe busters? They were challenged by the likes of Wally West, Donna Troy, Starfire and freaking Robin... They are in no way universal. They sapped Trigon of his power, sure, but by how much? Enough to weaken him and close the portal between two dimensions, but not enough to actually destroy a universe, especially with so little evidence to support that notion.

I hesitate to put Raven incapacitating her siblings at even above planetary range, nevermind universal.

From what its said there, they had taken "Trigon's power", meaning that 10% capable to destroy the universe. They had also trashed the Titans all over the place, wasn't any real fight (especially when they get in their dimension. The portal was opened by Raven (and Beast Boy, something with some Trigon seed left inside him, iirc) and she manipulated her brothers to take Trigon's power, than she closed the portal, blocking him on the other side

She can transfer power... That's nice. It means nothing compared to the Phoenix, who can similarly transfer power and life essence from multiple beings into one.

What? It means nothing compared to Phoenix, who actually do the same thing? Aren't you contradicting yourself here a bit, or you imply that what Phoenix do is also means nothing much?

Having just as many statements of being universal in power as Trigon, having far better feats, performing tasks that Raven would be hard-pressed or even incapable of replicating, etc.

So, how those Phoenix statements are superior to Raven's ones, who goes from "can destroy the universe and more" to "I can do anything I wish with this power" (including killing Trigon in a gruesome way, in new 52 iirc)?

And what are those feats you talk about, can I see some scans to make an idea? Cause I have some more from Raven and her brothers (the new ones, after that retconning)

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@totu: Trigon can destroy those, isn't said he oneshot, and I can't see from where do you reach the conclusion that Raven is an ant to him? She clearly didn't feel the need to absorb his power from her brothers, which means she already had more than that 10% he had. Is he more powerful than her? Very possible. Is he astronomically better? Nope, that's not appear to be even implied

You're kidding me, right? Trigon, who barely had access to our dimension and was thus massively hindered, one-shotted Raven, leaving her incapacitated in Wally West's room:

Her power was also nothing compared to his:

No Caption Provided

Raven didn't even join her brothers when they absorbed Trigon's power. Right after the panel where they absorbed his power you see Raven still with the Teen Titans. Which means she wasn't given an oppertunity to absorb his power, otherwise she would have.

For a fan of Raven, you seem to have a poor track record of actually reading the comics she's featured in and discovering their context.

How do you know that? She never used them at full potential, and by statements she is beyond universal?

She's yet to reach her full potential, so I fail to see how this matters. The statements are hyperbolic and extremely fallible. I'd take quantifiable feats over a subjective narrative any day, especially when the only one that's "beyond universal" in statements is Trigon, who would stomp Raven.

From what its said there, they had taken "Trigon's power", meaning that 10% capable to destroy the universe. They had also trashed the Titans all over the place, wasn't any real fight (especially when they get in their dimension. The portal was opened by Raven (and Beast Boy, something with some Trigon seed left inside him, iirc) and she manipulated her brothers to take Trigon's power, than she closed the portal, blocking him on the other side

There was a solid fight, honestly. Starfire damaged Envy, who couldn't even handle Barry Allen's speed top speed, Wrath was outsmarted and damaged by Nightwing, Lust could only cause Donna and Wally to briefly fight, etc.

What? It means nothing compared to Phoenix, who actually do the same thing? Aren't you contradicting yourself here a bit, or you imply that what Phoenix do is also means nothing much?

If the Phoenix can do it, then it means nothing as an advantage, since she can replicate Raven's feat.

So, how those Phoenix statements are superior to Raven's ones, who goes from "can destroy the universe and more" to "I can do anything I wish with this power" (including killing Trigon in a gruesome way, in new 52 iirc)?

Because she can also "destroy the universe and more" and draws power from "an endless/infinite source". Also, the "I can do anything with this power" is horrifically hyperbolic and untrue, unless you believe Raven is (nigh)omnipotent in which case I'm not going to waste my time debating you.

And what are those feats you talk about, can I see some scans to make an idea? Cause I have some more from Raven and her brothers (the new ones, after that retconning)

I'm well aware of what both Raven and her brothers are capable of... Not much compared to the Phoenix.

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TheVoidofDeath

@wollfmyth209@outside_85: Why is this bloody thread opened again? Raven cannot beat Phoenix unless she reaches her full potential. Indeed, do I think Raven and Jean are quite similar (yes), but as of now, Raven cannot beat her. Why does everyone use this?"( it's non-cannon)

P.s I will say Raven directly fought Trigon at one point, and outside-85 touched upon that. Having said that Raven fights trigon daily, but doesn't apply it unless were talking her taking about her feats which were

1. Taking out Darkseid

2. Taking out the Titans

3. Putting JLA in stasis

4. Putting Superman in stasis / almost killing him ( who resisted Lady Blaze, and Neron)

5. One-shotting her brothers

6 One shotting Orion

7. Taking out Rhea the Titan

Raven, in potential, would be a hell of an overpowered character .... she would surpass her father if need be. Raven herself said he power could be universal or more, and could easily destroy heaven hell, stars, etc.