Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I only stumbled onto Morlun recently. Seems like an interesting contender, so I thought I'd throw him a curve ball. I've heard magic can hurt him, but I don't know quite to what extent, so pardon if this is a mismatch.

Raven is out getting some alone time in the cemetary, like goths do, when she's confronted by Morlun who believes her to be a totem. How does it go down?

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raven should be able to take him.

Flash1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raven vs morlun

Raven but don't know about his magic resistance

Fire_Ant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fire_Ant

In one thread somebody had said that Morlun would have the advantage against Wolverine and Sabretooth, being that they were also "totems". Pardon my ignorance, but is that just a general term for people who are thematically animalistic, or a specific kind of mystical being in the Marvel universe?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I am bit conflicted with this one, because Morlun seems to have one of those vaguely-defined powers that just lets him shrug off whatever is thrown at him, because thats his power.

But, from what little I've seen; he is pretty much immune to physical attacks, very fast and very strong. Against that is a very powerful empath and magician. I'm more inclined to let the empath take this. (I assume this is normal Raven)

Regarding the totem thing... I think that's something exclusive to the Spiders because they've had this whole mystical angle to them for a very long time (I imagine it was added with likes the Madam Web and such). Raven on the other hand... well you could techincally call her a totem or avatar, but of Trigon instead of an animal. Raven is after all just her given name and the shape of her soul-self is somehow a reflection of her personality, like when Jericho manifested a soul-self of his own in was in the shape of a lion.

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am bit conflicted with this one, because Morlun seems to have one of those vaguely-defined powers that just lets him shrug off whatever is thrown at him, because thats his power.

But, from what little I've seen; he is pretty much immune to physical attacks, very fast and very strong. Against that is a very powerful empath and magician. I'm more inclined to let the empath take this. (I assume this is normal Raven)

Regarding the totem thing... I think that's something exclusive to the Spiders because they've had this whole mystical angle to them for a very long time (I imagine it was added with likes the Madam Web and such). Raven on the other hand... well you could techincally call her a totem or avatar, but of Trigon instead of an animal. Raven is after all just her given name and the shape of her soul-self is somehow a reflection of her personality, like when Jericho manifested a soul-self of his own in was in the shape of a lion.

Morlun did go after Black Panther and was naggings on about the Panther totems. I think it's just people who are inspired by animals or something.

I think if Morlun touches her she's a goner, but then again she could just fly outside and create some space and blast him until she eventually beats him.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morlun did go after Black Panther and was naggings on about the Panther totems. I think it's just people who are inspired by animals or something.

I think if Morlun touches her she's a goner, but then again she could just fly outside and create some space and blast him until she eventually beats him.

Well Black Panther is after all the chosen of the Panther God. So Morlun having tricks against him isn't surprising, it's more people like Ant-Man or Wolverine that I think the logic is reaching with.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@smoothsanta said:

Well Black Panther is after all the chosen of the Panther God. So Morlun having tricks against him isn't surprising, it's more people like Ant-Man or Wolverine that I think the logic is reaching with.

Ezekiel basically said it extends to all people who're inspired by an animal motif, the degree of purity was the only difference. Peter was (for some reason) a pure totem. IIRC he said even people like Scorpion and Doc Ock had echoes of totematic power.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

raven probably

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ezekiel basically said it extends to all people who're inspired by an animal motif, the degree of purity was the only difference. Peter was (for some reason) a pure totem. IIRC he said even people like Scorpion and Doc Ock had echoes of totematic power.

Even if it is the case, that really sounds like a writer is trying to justify w/e it was he or she is writing.

Editor: "So why is Spiderman a target for this guy?"

Writer: "He's named after an animal!" (Goes off to quickly write a more detailed version.)

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raven stomps. Hard.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Raven's powerset and feats, shouldn't she basically curbstomps here?

Fire_Ant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like Raven's taking a solid lead here. I can see how she might be able to stay out of his range for the most part, but I'm curious how she actually puts him down. No one thinks he might be able to keep her from getting a bead on him by weaving in and out of cover with his speed?