#1 Posted by SpiderMan100 (403 posts) - - Show Bio

They are fighting in Times Square

#2 Edited by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange I assume. If so, he wins just by winking at her.

Post by JediXMan (18,153 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Online Now
FollowSend a PM

Whoa. Deja vu...

Posted 1 minute ago
#3 Posted by JediXMan (30602 posts) - - Show Bio

... what happened to my post?

#4 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan:

postception.

Yeah, could we get clarification on whether this is the current strange or the classic one?

#5 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Am i seeing things right or ......

#6 Posted by OmegaRed86 (505 posts) - - Show Bio

Please God tell me Raven isn't some DC bad ass. She was lame in that Teen Titans show.

#7 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

Raven is my favorite Teen Titan, but she wouldn't muster much against Dr. Strange. Especially if were Sorcerer Supreme.

#8 Edited by ShootingNova (17080 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

Classic Strange I assume. If so, he wins just by winking at her.
Post by JediXMan (18,153 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Online Now
FollowSend a PM

Whoa. Deja vu...

Posted 1 minute ago
#9 Posted by Dextersinister (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

We go by modern unless stated otherwise and he has been jobbing like crazy so I'm giving this to Raven, she'll just sap him of his will to do anything.

#10 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister:

One does not simply....Sap Doctor Strange of his will.

#11 Posted by OneDoesNotSimplyWalkIntoMordor (117 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sufferthorn said:

@Dextersinister:

*nods*
#12 Posted by Dextersinister (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn said:

@Dextersinister:

sure they do, current Strange leans towards the glass cannon side of things. So does Raven but she just robs her victims of their will to fight then and there

#13 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister:

Yes....but clearly you know nothing of Dr Strange if you believe that.

Dr Strange deals with people who have demon-based powers ALL THE TIME.

It is VERY VERY VERY VERY likely that he has wards against powers which "control emotion or will"

VERY likely.

Seriously.

#14 Posted by Dextersinister (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn: You know that's not how superheroes work, you can't throw a rock on Marvel Earth without hitting a villain with mind influencing powers and Fantomex and Magneto are the only 2 people I know who are wise enough to have anti-telepath gear as standard.

If you can prove that current Strange has mind control protection as standard he will have cut off her most powerful weapon and I will give it to him.

#15 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dextersinister said:

@Sufferthorn: You know that's not how superheroes work, you can't throw a rock on Marvel Earth without hitting a villain with mind influencing powers and Fantomex and Magneto are the only 2 people I know who are wise enough to have anti-telepath gear as standard.

If you can prove that current Strange has mind control protection as standard he will have cut off her most powerful weapon and I will give it to him.

When did Magneto use "anti-telepathy gear"? 
He can naturally read minds and his will is the one thing that makes him in par to Xavier's telepathy. Both of them had a telepathic battle once. 

#16 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister:

He doesn't need gear...he's a Sorceror.

(Stalemates Adam Warlock who is known for his Psychic Mind-attacks(The Infinity Mind-Gem anyone?)

#17 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister:

Might also add that Dr Strange can take full head on mental blasts from Moondragon

You said you'd give it to him if i could show you the evidence.....so give it to him.

#18 Posted by Dextersinister (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Magethor: They've made his helmet anti-telepathic, they had an astonishing run with a pile of Magneto helmets from across the multiverse and every one of them protected you from an evil Xavier hooked up to hundreds of Xavier heads.

@Sufferthorn: Standard gear could be something as simple as being known to spell up to protect himself from mind attacks.

#19 Edited by Dextersinister (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn: I just need a simple picture of him resisting mind control.

You've made those Warlock ones to small to read.

#20 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister:

I just did...

But here's another one.

#21 Posted by Dextersinister (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn: Much better.

#22 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister:

If you want, i'll show you Dr Strange doing damage to Galactus...

Say Uncle.

#23 Posted by ShootingNova (17080 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn said:

@Dextersinister:

If you want, i'll show you Dr Strange doing damage to Galactus...

Say Uncle.

Yeah, he did at some point.

#24 Posted by Dextersinister (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn: I knew there was a chance Strange has shown magical mental protection, I did ask for it to clarify a win in his favour.

Go for it on the Galactus thing but only if it is not as old as dirt like the Mags scan.

#25 Edited by Shisho_The_Fist (126 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister: He has time and time again, you must not be to familiar with him if you figured that would pull a win over strange.

#26 Posted by Dextersinister (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shisho_The_Fist: I'm just overly familiar with heroes getting hit hard by mental attacks. They are Marvel's equivalent to the speed blitz after all.

#27 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister:

Strange is one of the most powerful Marvel Characters known...this thread was a HUGE mismatch....you must not be familiar with Marvel(if this is true...shame is on you)

I could go on for a long time about the amount of power Dr Strange possesses.

But....here is his respect thread if you are interested...happy learning

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=367940&pagenumber=3

#28 Posted by ShootingNova (17080 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn: You shouldn't really use respect threads..... but you can. KMC has posters being ridiculously wrong, but as long as it isn't, you can post it.

#29 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova:

Lol, I will use respect threads whenever I so please sir. They give(for the most-part...despite some bias) factual information because of posts from canon-comic scans. It is very useful,

So you see...I can...and i just did.

#30 Posted by ShootingNova (17080 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn: You sound like I was bossing you. I was just offering something. Such arrogance.

But there's nothing to say to that, now.

#31 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova:

Hey, it's not arrogant.

If you don't wanna read it. Then don't aye?

#32 Posted by ShootingNova (17080 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn: It is arrogance in your boasting and pretence of me bossing you around or something.

I never said I didn't want to read it. In fact, I read some of it.

#33 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova:

Oh, okay.

Maybe i just didn't understand your complaint. Not that it matters.

#34 Posted by ShootingNova (17080 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn: Not a complaint.

Let's just put this behind, shall we?

#35 Posted by Outside_85 (8998 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpiderMan100: More details would be nice, what versions, any extra conditions they are under and what constitutes as a win?

Added I would like to add that Strange is indeed a glass cannon, one that's completely incapable of using his magic if his hands are broken.

#36 Posted by bansheesonicscream (119 posts) - - Show Bio

well this fight could go either way but my opinion is Dr.Strange he is too powerful to Raven to handle

#37 Posted by MarvelvsDCuniverse (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Strange wins enough said.

#38 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange at his zenith lolstomps Raven, Strange at his nadir gets lolstomped.

#39 Posted by Richter (373 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange.

#40 Posted by beatboks1 (7225 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn said:

@Dextersinister:

Strange is one of the most powerful Marvel Characters known...this thread was a HUGE mismatch....you must not be familiar with Marvel(if this is true...shame is on you)

I could go on for a long time about the amount of power Dr Strange possesses.

But....here is his respect thread if you are interested...happy learning

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=367940&pagenumber=3

Problem is he hasn't possessed most of the "power" he displays on that thread in decades. Classic Strange is Uber powerful, as OP didn't specify Classic that means modern. Modern Strange is not that powerful. I understand he has recently reacquired the eye of Agomotto and the SS title but still no feats with such. Modern Strange is something of a jobber. He should still be powerful enough to match normal Raven as long as she doesn't go her demonic self. At that level she could take out entire dimensions of demonic entities with ease and would be close to a level that even Classic Strange needed power ups and absorbed power to face (in other words prep). That like Classic Strange should not be the case here.

@ShootingNova:

Lol, I will use respect threads whenever I so please sir. They give(for the most-part...despite some bias) factual information because of posts from canon-comic scans. It is very useful,

So you see...I can...and i just did.

See the problem is most of the information isn't factual. I can go to respect threads (and have seen scans used from respect threads) and use scans that can show a character defeating another to use for an argument. I can also from the actual comics for many of these post the omitted pages before and after that actually show how the battle either went completely differently or that the context shows they were in fact either not fighting who it appeared or that that person wasn't fighting back. A perfect example was images posted on a Wildcat thread from a respect thread that showed how he beat Batman in H2H. The missing 5 out of 7 pages showed Batman held back because despite both being blind folded he knew who he was fighting based on style. When he stopped holding back he stomped. I can cherry pick scans like that just as easily if I want to make a character look good, which most people making respect threads do.

#41 Edited by lifeofvibe (3485 posts) - - Show Bio

raven but from all the comments ive seen this looks like a mismatch

#42 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Dunno how Doctor Strange would hold up against something as powerful as Raven's empathy. Plus she can go soul self and that'd force him either into astral projection (leaving his body vulnerable), or to resort to some magic I don't think I've ever really seen him use.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#43 Posted by russellmania77 (15337 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Dunno how Doctor Strange would hold up against something as powerful as Raven's empathy. Plus she can go soul self and that'd force him either into astral projection (leaving his body vulnerable), or to resort to some magic I don't think I've ever really seen him use.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

i agree with floopay, raven could totally win

#44 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe strange

#45 Posted by MKMarvelDCfan4life (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Strange wins 'nuff said.

#46 Posted by James_Lockart (347 posts) - - Show Bio

Raven is outclassed here. Strange wins.

#47 Posted by Diablo13 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree ,raven is totally no match for him, strange has fought much more powerful demon powerd guys, like dormamu

#48 Posted by uugieboogie (2695 posts) - - Show Bio

The Doc