#1 Posted by ShadowPro (2187 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt that any of you know anything about anime, enough to know or remember Card Captor Sakura, but...

Raven vs Sakura

do not ask how I got to this....

first round, Skaura with har original staff sakura, at the peak of her power, normal blue raven at her peak

second round, white raven from the dragon chapterm the ne trapped in the book vs sakura with their second staff, the star staff, full power

third round white raven, the one that defeated trigon vs Sakura with all the clow/sakura cards, full power and her third staff, the guardian staff

anime feats only vic by any means

in character

#2 Posted by Fallschirmjager (19815 posts) - - Show Bio

KERO, NO!

#3 Posted by AllStarSuperman (27590 posts) - - Show Bio

Raven gets tied up, spanked with a crowbar, tickled with razor blades, then gets hauled off to jail.

#4 Posted by ShadowPro (2187 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by Fallschirmjager (19815 posts) - - Show Bio

The last time I watched Cardcaptor Sakura I was probably...7.

And I never watched teen titans.

So no.

#6 Posted by ShadowPro (2187 posts) - - Show Bio

The last time I watched Cardcaptor Sakura I was probably...7.

And I never watched teen titans.

So no.

I think it is a yes, since you know sakura, I wasn't expecting anyone here to know or remember such anime

#7 Edited by Fallschirmjager (19815 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowpro: Just because I have vague childhood memories doesn't mean I have enough knowledge to comment about it in a battle. lol

#8 Posted by Outside_85 (11890 posts) - - Show Bio

By your own admittance, Cardcaptor Sakura is an obscure figure, it would be nice with at the very least a link to somewhere where one could learn what she can actually do.

Till then I am just going to go fanboy and say Raven wins by directing Starfire at her.

#9 Posted by NinjaWarrior268 (4503 posts) - - Show Bio

Sakura. Her cards give her a ton of powers.

#10 Edited by SilverGalford (3422 posts) - - Show Bio

Raven wins , sakura is stronger in the anime only because of a good plot.

#11 Posted by ShadowPro (2187 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: that is besides the point, the point is you know the anime, most people here are just bout mainstream comics and mangas

By your own admittance, Cardcaptor Sakura is an obscure figure, it would be nice with at the very least a link to somewhere where one could learn what she can actually do.

Till then I am just going to go fanboy and say Raven wins by directing Starfire at her.

here is the link

http://ccs.wikia.com/wiki/Sakura_Kinomoto

and as said by @NinjaWarrior268, her carrds make her more hax than raven, though she has more experience to compensate

the same can be argued about raven

#12 Posted by BlackWind (8507 posts) - - Show Bio

I hear the anime highly bastardized Card Captors. However I believe the verse is pretty powerful.

#13 Edited by SilverGalford (3422 posts) - - Show Bio

@silvergalford said:

the same can be argued about raven

it could be , but are you comparing the daughter of goddamn trigon a powerful demon and also with powerful spells and magic powers to a girl who barely knows what magic is and when to use her magic cards?

#14 Posted by Outside_85 (11890 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowpro: Right, so she is practically everything Raven would despise married to the powers of an archaic Yu-Gi-Oh?

... that said, Raven, at her blue cloak peak in the show could move buildings and stop time when she wasnt curbstomping the most powerful version of Slade who owned all of the other Titans.

#15 Posted by Killerwasp (10543 posts) - - Show Bio

thats so raven wins huehue

#16 Edited by SilverGalford (3422 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:

@shadowpro: Right, so she is practically everything Raven would despise married to the powers of an archaic Yu-Gi-Oh?

... that said, Raven, at her blue cloak peak in the show could move buildings and stop time when she wasnt curbstomping the most powerful version of Slade who owned all of the other Titans.

Loading Video...

the powerful version of slade (when he had trigon's powers IIRC ) can beat sakura as well, her cards won't even hurt him.

#17 Posted by Wolfrazer (9385 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: Don't think Raven could stop time of her own free will, it didn't really seem that way to me. So I wouldn't put it as something she could just do on a whim.

#18 Edited by Outside_85 (11890 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by Wolfrazer (9385 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: Ehh...still kinda skeptical on that, but I guess...though it's not something she ever used again. It would probably be an OOC thing to do, for the most part I just recall Raven using TK and magical blasts with flight.

#20 Posted by Outside_85 (11890 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: Well I am going by that the OP specifies that the participants are at their peak and that we can only include feats from the shows, not necessarily that they occur at the same time. Now Raven did stop time under her own power, if not her control, at her peak however, she would be able to control it. :)

#21 Edited by NinjaWarrior268 (4503 posts) - - Show Bio

In season 4, Raven used powers she did not normally possess. She is normally a telekinetic. I don't understand why power is more important than how many spells a magician knows and characters like Voldemort get lowballed in the battle forum.

You have telekinesis versus a girl with a wide variety of abilities. Besides, her tk is not so powerful it makes up for Sakura's variety of cards. Terra could overcome it while Sakura can use all elements with her cards.

Against blue Raven, Sakura wins but against season 4 Raven, she loses

#22 Posted by ShadowPro (2187 posts) - - Show Bio

@silvergalford: no, I'm co mparing raven to a girl who has almost as much experience with magic as her, and you can say she doesn't 'cuz she dealt with thos thing for a few years and who has the power to erase people from reality -the erase card- or the power to control time creating loops or stoping it

@wolfrazer: Well I am going by that the OP specifies that the participants are at their peak and that we can only include feats from the shows, not necessarily that they occur at the same time. Now Raven did stop time under her own power, if not her control, at her peak however, she would be able to control it. :)

if she didn't stop time at her peak in the following issues, then probably doesn't even have that power anyomre

I hear the anime highly bastardized Card Captors. However I believe the verse is pretty powerful.

haters are stupid crybabies, the anime was great, it even had more clow cards

#23 Edited by SilverGalford (3422 posts) - - Show Bio

no, I'm co mparing raven to a girl who has almost as much experience with magic as her, and you can say she doesn't 'cuz she dealt with thos thing for a few years and who has the power to erase people from reality -the erase card- or the power to control time creating loops or stoping it

are you talking about the movie? and how can you be sure that will affect raven?

Against blue Raven, Sakura wins but against season 4 Raven, she loses

and that's the raven the OP said we have to use.

#24 Edited by BlackWind (8507 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowpro: But weren't major plot points changed. I head they basically got the 4Kids One Piece treatment.

#25 Posted by NinjaWarrior268 (4503 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the big deal about the One Piece treatment? The story was still intact but they changed it to make it watchable for kids by taking out things like blood, guns and drugs. Besides Card Captor was a kids show to begin with

#26 Posted by BlackWind (8507 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjawarrior268: Let's just ignore the censoring for a minute. The story would have had mega holes if they continued. It was changed to the point of looking silly and childish.

• They took out the whale Laboon. The Straw Hats never meeting Laboon would make it so Brook has no reason to join the crew if they kept on. They would have had to invent something.

• They skipped the Little Garden arc. Usopp meeting Dorry and Broggy inspired him to go to the Giant homeland and meet then great warriors there, it gave him more inspiration and courage. No LG, less Usopp development.

Not to mention without the Little Garden, Mr 3, who was that arc's main villain got hastily introduced in the 4Kids dub and made to look like a silly idiot who just appeared out of nowhere to get killed by Crocodile.

#27 Posted by jagernutt (4442 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Outside_85 (11890 posts) - - Show Bio

In season 4, Raven used powers she did not normally possess. She is normally a telekinetic. I don't understand why power is more important than how many spells a magician knows and characters like Voldemort get lowballed in the battle forum.

Thing is that even if someone only knew one spell, but knew it really really well and could make it very very powerful, it offsets the narrow field of knowledge. It's like some of those old RPG's, you have one character that knows every spell in the book but only has them at level 1 opposing a guy with a level 10 fireball :)

#29 Posted by Outside_85 (11890 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:

if she didn't stop time at her peak in the following issues, then probably doesn't even have that power anyomre

Thing is though that Raven's peak in the show was during season 4 where she was portrayed as a lot more powerful than in the other seasons, similar to how much more dangerous Slade and Robin were in the earlier seasons.

Anyways, if she has the power after season 4 or not is irrelevant since the battle specifically states we are to use the characters at their peak.

Thing is that even if someone only knew one spell, but knew it really really well and could make it very very powerful, it offsets the narrow field of knowledge. It's like some of those old RPG's, you have one character that knows every spell in the book but only has them at level 1 opposing a guy with a level 10 fireball :)

#30 Posted by ShadowPro (2187 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: the only made the anime longer and a bit slower than the manga, also gave Li a bigger role due to the large number of cards to trap, but overall it was great, but some fans think they are so so that they can talk shit about the anime just because is different from the manga. Also they took aways some... creppy japanese things that appear in the manga like a 30 something teacher engaged with a 11 year old student -japanesse are so messed up- though it is quite implided hey have a thing.... sick people of japan... the girl actually has daddy issues,

@silvergalford: there were two erasing cards, The Nothing, the one from the move and The Erase and why wouldn't they? she has never shwon any kind of immunity to any other magic, even mumbo jmmboturned her into a bunny

@shadowpro:

Sakura murder stomps bad!!!!!

yeah, she might

Thing is though that Raven's peak in the show was during season 4 where she was portrayed as a lot more powerful than in the other seasons, similar to how much more dangerous Slade and Robin were in the earlier seasons.

Anyways, if she has the power after season 4 or not is irrelevant since the battle specifically states we are to use the characters at their peak.

well for that reason it matters, if she didn't have it again at the end of the show when she was at her peak then it was a one time power, all we can argue with is the other powers and spells she used

@ninjawarrior268 said:

technically the cards are pretty muh like spells for sakra and she has 52 of them that's a lot more than I recall from raven

#31 Posted by Outside_85 (11890 posts) - - Show Bio

well for that reason it matters, if she didn't have it again at the end of the show when she was at her peak then it was a one time power, all we can argue with is the other powers and spells she used

technically the cards are pretty muh like spells for sakra and she has 52 of them that's a lot more than I recall from raven

She wasn't at her peak at the end of Season 5, because that was generally focused on Beast Boy. So no, it doesn't matter because the end of the show did not leave everyone with their greatest feats being pulled off just before the curtain call. (If you want to know, it was actually meant to have been Season 4, with Raven busting Trigon and the Titans saving the universe from him, but then they added another season.)

And as I was trying to point out, having a very wide selection wont matter so much if your opponent only knows one really good one he or she can blow you out of the water with.

#32 Posted by jagernutt (4442 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowpro:

Thats because Voldermort looks like Sex Luthor on herpes.

#33 Edited by jamsmith35175 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we please stop having my girlfriend fight my ex