• 166 results
#1 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio
caption

vs

caption

They both have 1 year prep.  Both have weapons. Who wins and why.

#2 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke

better fighter, smarter and a better tactician

#3 Posted by NightFang (10068 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke would kick Ras's a**.

#4 Posted by King Saturn (224210 posts) - - Show Bio
Deathstroke would take Ras Al Ghul out. Deathstroke is simply a better overall fighter than Al Ghul
#5 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Ra's main card in this battle is the preparation time, I'm sure that he can come up with quite a great thing if he prepared himself to take down Deathstroke in one year.

Still think that Deathstroke wins though

KS-Great avatar lol

#6 Edited by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"I think that Ra's main card in this battle is the preparation time, I'm sure that he can come up with quite a great thing if he prepared himself to take down Deathstroke in one year.

KS-Great avatar lol
"
NH Ra's would switch to a fresh body before he dies.
#7 Posted by King Saturn (224210 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"I think that Ra's main card in this battle is the preparation time, I'm sure that he can come up with quite a great thing if he prepared himself to take down Deathstroke in one year.

KS-Great avatar lol
"
Thanks NH  !  Yours Is Awesome As Well 
#8 Posted by never give up (9604 posts) - - Show Bio

bump.

#9 Posted by King Saturn (224210 posts) - - Show Bio
starts to do the Humpty Bump dance
#10 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

The humpty hump?

#11 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Ras is severely underrated.

#12 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

as a threat? of course he is, but physically he is out of deathstroke's league

#13 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"I think Ras is severely underrated."
By far
#14 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke, fairly easy.

#15 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

He can switch to another body before he dies. I don't think so. 

#16 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO attack of the body snatchers aside, Deathstroke is outta Ras' league.

#17 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

he can switch to Deathstroke's body if he wants. Are you sure?

#18 Posted by King Saturn (224210 posts) - - Show Bio
Body Snatching ?
#19 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"he can switch to Deathstroke's body if he wants. Are you sure?"
How exactly does that work? How fast? When he fought Batman why didnt he just switch to his body as opposed ti getting his a$$ kicked?
With one year to prep Deathstroke wouldn't even need to get close to take him out.
#20 Edited by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Body Snatching ?
"
something that Ra's developed during "The resurrection of ra's al ghul" arc, hadn't taken that in consideration lol

this just turned into Deathstroke vs Jericho lol
#21 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Why didn't he? Why would Ras do that? It's completely out of his character. 

Ras looks at Bruce as his protege and the son he never had, he doesn't do that to Batman because he doesn't want to, doesn't mean he can't. He has too much respect for Bruce and for Batman. However, I don't think he holds deathstroke in that regard,

Ras switched to his son's body in part seven of Resurrection.
#22 Posted by King Saturn (224210 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"King Saturn said:
"Body Snatching ?
"
something that Ra's developed during "The resurrection of ra's al ghul" arc, hadn't taken that in consideration lol

this just turned into Deathstroke vs Jericho lol"
Ah I See
#23 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

OH MY GOD I think I ACTUALLY made a good point. WOOHOO. 

#24 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

props for babs :P

#25 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL the first and last time. LOL

#26 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"Why didn't he? Why would Ras do that? It's completely out of his character. 
Ras looks at Bruce as his protege and the son he never had, he doesn't do that to Batman because he doesn't want to, doesn't mean he can't. He has too much respect for Bruce and for Batman. However, I don't think he holds deathstroke in that regard,

Ras switched to his son's body in part seven of Resurrection.
"
Even if thats the case, there where several other people he could have jumped to (Nightwing, Damion, Merlyn, and henchmen). But he didnt. Which leads me to believe he cant do it on a whim. He needs to prepaire (the year prep comes in handy for Ras here).

So for the sake of argument, say Ras does take over Deathstroke's body, now what? Is that considered a win? How does it work ( how fast and how long does it last?). Can he take over anyone's body he wants to?
#27 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

it would turn into a "don't hit yourself"scenario :P

#28 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"it would turn into a "don't hit yourself"scenario :P"
lol would Deathstroke feel it or would Ras? Like if Ras made Deathstroke stab himself, who feels it? (Deathstroke's immortal so whatever happens it wont kill him)
#29 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Nighthunter said:
lol would Deathstroke feel it or would Ras? Like if Ras made Deathstroke stab himself, who feels it? (Deathstroke's immortal so whatever happens it wont kill him)"
that I don't know

he can still grab the sword of deathstroke and stab it on his brain though, as long as the sword is there I doubt he'll regenerate from that
#30 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

It was simply something nobody else had taken into consideration; which often happens when people take characters like Ras who happen to have mystical powers and then underate them as hand to hand combatants. 

Do you agree that Batman is one of the superior hand to hand combatants in the DCU? If so, then you must acknowledge that he had training from RAS. Doesn't that qualify Ras as being pretty damn good? I don't think the whole bit about body switching has been delved into so deeply, and the last I recall Ras appeared in a Batman arc was in that very one where he entered his son's body. So to answer your question, I don't know the specific qualifications that need to be in existence in order for Ras to move to an opponents body.
#31 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic Batman didn't have training from Ra's, only Nolan's Batman

#32 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Gambler said:
"Nighthunter said:
lol would Deathstroke feel it or would Ras? Like if Ras made Deathstroke stab himself, who feels it? (Deathstroke's immortal so whatever happens it wont kill him)"
that I don't know

he can still grab the sword of deathstroke and stab it on his brain though, as long as the sword is there I doubt he'll regenerate from that"
He's not Wolverine though. He's technically immortal. If Ras did that Deathstroke's body would more then likely be useless, (though alive in some capacity). Thus Ras would remain trapped inside Deathstroke  unable to preform the ritual that allows him to take over other peoples bodies. (i think :P)
#33 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

And to answer your previous question I believe once Ras enters another individual's body, it's permanent until he moves to another.

#34 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Nighthunter said:
"Gambler said:
"Nighthunter said:
that I don't know

he can still grab the sword of deathstroke and stab it on his brain though, as long as the sword is there I doubt he'll regenerate from that"
He's not Wolverine though. He's technically immortal. If Ras did that Deathstroke's body would more then likely be useless, (though alive in some capacity). Thus Ras would remain trapped inside Deathstroke  unable to preform the ritual that allows him to take over other peoples bodies. (i think :P)"
Addelyne Cane had the same healing factor of Deathstroke (she adquired it after a blood transfer)  yet Vandal Savage was killing her because "as long as the cut is kept open she would keep losing blood and so die because of lack of blood"

this trick seems to be held for other healing factors as that was what X-23 did to Wolverine in order to beat him
#35 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"It was simply something nobody else had taken into consideration; which often happens when people take characters like Ras who happen to have mystical powers and then underate them as hand to hand combatants. 
Do you agree that Batman is one of the superior hand to hand combatants in the DCU? If so, then you must acknowledge that he had training from RAS. Doesn't that qualify Ras as being pretty damn good? I don't think the whole bit about body switching has been delved into so deeply, and the last I recall Ras appeared in a Batman arc was in that very one where he entered his son's body. So to answer your question, I don't know the specific qualifications that need to be in existence in order for Ras to move to an opponents body.
"
As Nighthunter pointed out, only the movie version was trained by Ras. I'm not doubting Ras' hand to hand abilities (although I've only ever seen him use a sword) but Deathstroke is stronger, faster, more agile, and as far as tactics go, out of Ras' league. in terms of a straight up fight between the two, its no contest, in fact its a curbstomp.

Without knowing exactly how the body swapping works I cant say anything about it. With a year to prepare I guess Ras would have plenty of time to preform whatever ritual he needed in order to steal Deathstroke's body. I just dont know what he would do then.
#36 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok you win I lose.

On that note, 

Goodnight :D
#37 Posted by King Saturn (224210 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"Ok you win I lose.
On that note, 

"
See Ya Babs
#38 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

lol peace babs

#39 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Addelyne Cane had the same healing factor of Deathstroke (she adquired it after a blood transfer)  yet Vandal Savage was killing her because "as long as the cut is kept open she would keep losing blood and so die because of lack of blood"

this trick seems to be held for other healing factors as that was what X-23 did to Wolverine in order to beat him"
Its not his healing factor that makes him immortal. He just is, besides having a healing factor he is also immortal. You could keep him from regenerating but he would still be alive.
#40 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"Ok you win I lose.
On that note, 

"
night ;)
#41 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Nighthunter said:
"Addelyne Cane had the same healing factor of Deathstroke (she adquired it after a blood transfer)  yet Vandal Savage was killing her because "as long as the cut is kept open she would keep losing blood and so die because of lack of blood"

this trick seems to be held for other healing factors as that was what X-23 did to Wolverine in order to beat him"
Its not his healing factor that makes him immortal. He just is, besides having a healing factor he is also immortal. You could keep him from regenerating but he would still be alive."
His immortality comes from his healing factor, it was a result of it coming closer. Even if he is alive, with a sword stabed on his brain I doubt that he can do much
#42 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Gambler said:
"Nighthunter said:

Its not his healing factor that makes him immortal. He just is, besides having a healing factor he is also immortal. You could keep him from regenerating but he would still be alive."
His immortality comes from his healing factor, it was a result of it coming closer. Even if he is alive, with a sword stabed on his brain I doubt that he can do much"
Its a separate ability. He could lose the healing factor and still be immortal. I said the same thing about the sword. Ras needs to prepaire a ritual to switch bodies, if he's in Deathstroke's body and then stabs himself in the head, he'd be alive but unable to do anything. Mainly, switch to another body lol
#43 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra's needs to do the ritual to enter a body if he is already dead, when he took white ghost's body it was in the middle of the battle and it wasn't even planned

#44 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Ra's needs to do the ritual to enter a body if he is already dead, when he took white ghost's body it was in the middle of the battle and it wasn't even planned"
Scans? Or even the issue #? Not saying I dont believe u, I just wanna see how he did it. Did he touch him? Is it a mind thing or something else? Could Deathstroke blast him before he's able to perform the swap? Does he need the person in front of him to swap?

And again, once he enters Deathstroke's body what does he do? Is possession a win?
#45 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Since looking for the scans would take me a long time....

Batman #670 (Prelude to the resurrection of Ra's al Ghul)

The right hand of Ra's (don't remember the name) explains that he and Ra's searched and came with a method to help Ra's to revive in case that he died before getting to a Lazarus Pit

The ritual needed taking one body (damian was chosen as the host) and throw it to something that looks alot like a lazarus pit which had been treated by a previous ritual

As Talia and Damian escape though, the servant of Ra's falls to the pit and so becomes the new host of Ra's soul.

As the body proved to be unworthy and not stable, Ra's searched for Damian to do again the mind transfer as he considered him the perfect mix of blood (Batman and Talia)

Detective Comics #853 (The end of the story-arc)

Ra's is injured and next to his son who begs him to exchange bodies, he only says "let it be done then" and the change of bodies happens inmediately.

On a sidenote: I just remembered that he also exchanged body with a monk by just touching him

#46 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke.

#47 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Since looking for the scans would take me a long time....

Batman #670 (Prelude to the resurrection of Ra's al Ghul)

The right hand of Ra's (don't remember the name) explains that he and Ra's searched and came with a method to help Ra's to revive in case that he died before getting to a Lazarus Pit

The ritual needed taking one body (damian was chosen as the host) and throw it to something that looks alot like a lazarus pit which had been treated by a previous ritual

As Talia and Damian escape though, the servant of Ra's falls to the pit and so becomes the new host of Ra's soul.

As the body proved to be unworthy and not stable, Ra's searched for Damian to do again the mind transfer as he considered him the perfect mix of blood (Batman and Talia)

Detective Comics #853 (The end of the story-arc)

Ra's is injured and next to his son who begs him to exchange bodies, he only says "let it be done then" and the change of bodies happens inmediately.

On a sidenote: I just remembered that he also exchanged body with a monk by just touching him"
lmao way to many inconsistency for me to take this as a viable way for victory. Sometimes he needs the pit but sometimes he doesn't? In any case it seems Ras needs the actually person to be there to perform this act (however he does it). Where as Deathstroke doesn't have to be anywhere near Ras to kill him.
#48 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that the ritual was needed to bring his spirit back from the other side, while he can move to other bodies on his own

just a theory though

#49 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"I believe that the ritual was needed to bring his spirit back from the other side, while he can move to other bodies on his own

just a theory though"
Yes but once he was back he still needed to find Damian before he could swap.
#50 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

and wouldn't deathstroke have to be next to him in order to fight? :p