Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#1  Edited By Joygirl

vs.

------------------------------

Battle of the detectives.

- Ralph cannot use gingold.

- Eddie is Detective Nigma, not the Riddler. He is not bound by compulsions.

- In character

Round 1:

Detective competition. Which is the first to solve the "Mystery of the Missing Banana".

Round 2:

Hand-to-hand. No tricks, nothing. Just a fistfight.

Round 3:

All-out war. 3 months prep to destroy the other using any means possible (besides Gingold -- this is Dibny, not Elongated Man).

Round 4:

Chess game.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By wildvine

1) & 2) Dibs

3) & 4) Eddie.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@wildvine said:

1) & 2) Dibs

3) & 4) Eddie.

Sounds about right.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Joygirl

@JediXMan said:

@wildvine said:

1) & 2) Dibs

3) & 4) Eddie.

Sounds about right.

Nigma was showing himself to be a highly talented detective during his reign, I believed he cracked a case before Dick could (not that Dick is top tier detective but still).

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Joygirl said:

@JediXMan said:

@wildvine said:

1) & 2) Dibs

3) & 4) Eddie.

Sounds about right.

Nigma was showing himself to be a highly talented detective during his reign, I believed he cracked a case before Dick could (not that Dick is top tier detective but still).

I get what you're saying, and I know you conceded this point, but Dick isn't that good a detective, even by Robin standards. Tim Drake is a far better detective than Dick is (he's really the only Robin who actually earned it. He's also in a very small club of people who figured out Bruce's identity).

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Joygirl

@JediXMan said:

@Joygirl said:

@JediXMan said:

@wildvine said:

1) & 2) Dibs

3) & 4) Eddie.

Sounds about right.

I get what you're saying, and I know you conceded this point, but Dick isn't that good a detective, even by Robin standards. Tim Drake is a far better detective than Dick is (he's really the only Robin who actually earned it. He's also in a very small club of people who figured out Bruce's identity).

One of which is Riddler. *sagenod*

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Joygirl said:

@JediXMan said:

@Joygirl said:

@JediXMan said:

@wildvine said:

1) & 2) Dibs

3) & 4) Eddie.

Sounds about right.

Indeed.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Joygirl

Bump!

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

1. Edward
  2. Ralph
  3. Edward
  4. Edward
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Joygirl

Bump!

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By ImmortalT1000

@wildvine said:

1) & 2) Dibs

3) & 4) Eddie.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Joygirl

*huff* Bump.

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Irishlad

Round 1:

Dibny, he has people skills so I could see him getting more help where as Nigma is seen as a bad guy.

Round 2:

Nigma, Dibny will be too used to being able to stretch that he'll have the combat skills of an infant.

Round 3:

Nigma, he'll be willing to kill something Dibny isn't willing to do.

Round 4:

Draw, both have an equal capacity to foresee the next move.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#14  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Joygirl said:

@JediXMan said:

@wildvine said:

1) & 2) Dibs

3) & 4) Eddie.

Sounds about right.

Ralph has been said to equal/surpass Batman in terms of sleuthing.

@Irishlad said:

Round 1:

Dibny, he has people skills so I could see him getting more help where as Nigma is seen as a bad guy.

Round 2:

Nigma, Dibny will be too used to being able to stretch that he'll have the combat skills of an infant.

id argue this. He was in the JLA for years . its more than likely that someone took him aside and taught him something.

Round 3:

Nigma, he'll be willing to kill something Dibny isn't willing to do.

Ralph can be pretty brutal if he wants to, he beat Doctor Light into submission with Hawkman's mace if i recall. besides i thin its implied that bloodlust is on in this fight.

Round 4:

Draw, both have an equal capacity to foresee the next move.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

also does Ralph have his ghost abilities?

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By New_World_Order

@wildvinesaid:

1) & 2) Dibs

3) & 4) Eddie.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Joygirl

No, no ghost abilitiez. Close enough without them.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Saren

Why do people think Riddler wins the prep round? Dibny outsmarted flippin' Neron and imprisoned him and Felix Faust inside a magical circle.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By TDK_1997

Dibny should win every round almost.

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Irishlad

I'll give you the JLA point but in terms of the prep round if Dibny manages to outsmart Nigma and Nigma knows it Nigma would probably attack Dibny's loved ones, forcing him to change his plan and allowing Nigma to enact his and even if they ended up coming face to face Dibny would come with punches where as Nigma would come with guns and knives.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Irishlad said:

I'll give you the JLA point but in terms of the prep round if Dibny manages to outsmart Nigma and Nigma knows it Nigma would probably attack Dibny's loved ones, forcing him to change his plan and allowing Nigma to enact his and even if they ended up coming face to face Dibny would come with punches where as Nigma would come with guns and knives.

Ralph doesnt have any loved ones besides Sue and if he did, he would probably have left them in protective JLA custody. and s aa member of he JLA, Ralph access to numerous super-weapons. hell, he had a gun that grants wishes for a while. also if Nygma came at Sue, Ralph would kill him. no question.

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Irishlad

He wouldn't put them into custody if he didn't see it coming, Nigma would probably let him think life is normal in the three months and then attack. In Pre New 52 Ralph turned to depression instead of anger when Sue was killed, and if he was angry it would almost shut off his intellectual side and he'd turn into a blind animal instead, which would let Nigma have an open chance of finding a way to put him down.

I could also argue he'd be able to take down a few of his less super powerful superheroes but we could argue this all day and I don't want to so here have a scooby snack.

No Caption Provided
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Irishlad said:

He wouldn't put them into custody if he didn't see it coming, Nigma would probably let him think life is normal in the three months and then attack. In Pre New 52 Ralph turned to depression instead of anger when Sue was killed, and if he was angry it would almost shut off his intellectual side and he'd turn into a blind animal instead, which would let Nigma have an open chance of finding a way to put him down.

the op says both characters have three months prep which hits that both characters would know. Ralph was pretty angry he only turned to depression after the culprit was caught, he gained the Spectre's power and beat Jean Loring/Eclipso to a pulp. He only ended up forgiving her because she was an old friend who had gone insane and had been restored to sanity.

I could also argue he'd be able to take down a few of his less super powerful superheroes but we could argue this all day and I don't want to so here have a scooby snack.

*takes box while glaring*

No Caption Provided
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By entropy_aegis

@JediXMan said:

@Joygirl said:

@JediXMan said:

@wildvine said:

1) & 2) Dibs

3) & 4) Eddie.

Sounds about right.

Tim is severely lacking in credible showings of detective work,while I get that it is supposed to be his schtick but really deducing Batman's ID was the only thing he had going for him,and it's not really impressive IMO because the writer approached it from a real world perspective.It just makes Batman look bad and his ID easily deducible.

@Joygirl said:

@JediXMan said:

@Joygirl said:

@JediXMan said:

@wildvine said:

1) & 2) Dibs

3) & 4) Eddie.

Sounds about right.

Took him 10 years and the Lazarus pits boosting his brain(by his own admission) to do it,and the real reason it happened was cause the writer aka Loeb had trapped himself in to a corner and wanted to resolve the story and give it a proper conclusion cause Hush himself was a mess.It took DC less than 3 years to remove that whole development from continuity(amnesia).

Ralph wins.