Rain vs Electro

TheNewFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheNewFalcon

Mortal Kombat has the purple clad half god Ninja Rain with both Lightning and water powers, Great H2H as he is a ninja after-all, Knows his way around a sharp blade or two and is not shy to mutilate people.

Marvel has the spider man foe Electro with a wide arsenal of Electric based attacks and can fly, I'm guessing he can fight H2H okay aswell.

both get 1 hour prep and meet in the middle of the alpine mountains, at noon, cloudy, windy weather.

Round 1: H2H only to the death (or fatality).

Round 2: Powers only, again to the death.

Round 3: Anything goes, again to the death.

hyperbeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i give all the rounds to rain i mean he is magic as well as a result he probly take out electro.

round 1 definetly rain considering he is a high level assasin and electro is only good with his powers.

round 2 i give to ran as he can imprinon electro in water and summon is own magic lighting which is likely to hurt electro or even kill him.

round 3 agai nrain he is better then elctro at everything unless somone says otherwaise i would like to hear the debates.

FrozenPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FrozenPhoenix

@thenewfalcon: Sorry for not answering the thread, but Rain has got to be one of the lamest video game characters.... ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't know enough about Electro's comic showings to give the most well rounded account of a fight between these 2, but that being said, I think this fight is somewhat interesting.

Round 1: I think Rain takes this no contest.

• Having been trained and been fighting for thousands of years, the h2h gap bewteen them as far as skill goes is massive (IMO).

Round 2: Though I love Rain, I think I'm leaning towards Electro fro this one.

• Electro out right nullifies one of Rain's abilities (lightning) as his is both immune to its effects and can generate his own. Rain may also have some resistence to the effects of electricity akin to Electro, but I think the gap between them on this front is pretty wide.
  • The real question is whether Rain's ability to control water can nullify Electro's electricity, and in many ways it actually could. Pure water doesn't conduct water so Rain using pure water as a shield, or as a sword, or to cover Electro himself and dampen his power. IDK

All in all I think they'd stalemate or Electro would win if powers were all they were using.

Round 3: In an anything goes senario I see it being much like R2, but I think Rain may have a slight 1-up. Electro's flight would make him a hard target, but Rain's teleportation would also make him a hard target too. I think if Rain was able to get the jump on Electro he could win, and i think because of Rain's training he'd more likely be able to do that rather than Electro.

Of course Electro is very versatile with his powers so I'm sure there are plenty of scans showing how he could counter whatever Rain could do, but I just think that Rain's experience, his training, and his own versatility would win him the battle in the end.

hyperbeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hyperbeing

@misterwhisper: @onilordasmodeus: yes i have read the comics. and true misterwhisper on a general circumstance using lighting to attack electro is about as smart as attacking hydroman with water or sandman with sand. but this isnt normal lighting this is magic lighting caused by using magic.i mean imagine this battle but with raiden raidens powers would hurt electro for the fact that his powers stem from magic while electros powers stem from science .

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperbeing:

The fact the lightning is magical makes no difference. Electro has messed with Thor's lightning before.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperbeing:

Comparing Rain's manipulation of lighting to Raiden's is a stretch. Rain SUMMONS lighting through manipulating the elements more like Storm, while Raiden actually IS lightning. I will always content that magic lightning is just lightning, the only difference is how it is generated.

hyperbeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hyperbeing

@hyperbeing:

The fact the lightning is magical makes no difference. Electro has messed with Thor's lightning before.

can you sow me a scan to back this up

@hyperbeing:

Comparing Rain's manipulation of lighting to Raiden's is a stretch. Rain SUMMONS lighting through manipulating the elements more like Storm, while Raiden actually IS lightning. I will always content that magic lightning is just lightning, the only difference is how it is generated.

i belive there is a difference take a look at storm or thor. when storm mnaipulates the weather there is a by product of sorts such as making rain absorbs the moisture where as thors have no lasting effect in the eco system he is win also he created lighting when in space wich if i am right is a impossible event under normal circumstances.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside of gameplay mechanics Rain has no feats because he was mostly a DLC character in Mortal Kombat (2011), so I think it would be best to wait and use him once he is actually incorporated into the lore.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

round 1 is only one were rain wins.

hyperbeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rain is half god himself he is the son of the strongest of the edernian gods .

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rain can also turn to water, but Electro got a massive upgrade in Marvel now

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Hyperlight

rain wins 1 easy.. hes a 10000 year old demigod ninja

round 2 i can see going to electro.. his energy output is much higher that rains... and his lightning powers might be more versatile.

round 3 can go either way but im leaning towards rain due to the fact it would be a lot easier for rain to find electro than the other way around

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@onilordasmodeus said:

@hyperbeing:

i belive there is a difference take a look at storm or thor. when storm mnaipulates the weather there is a by product of sorts such as making rain absorbs the moisture where as thors have no lasting effect in the eco system he is win also he created lighting when in space wich if i am right is a impossible event under normal circumstances.

The difference you are referring to in your description of the the effect Storm's storm has on the environment, not the lightning. But regardless, you're essentially agreeing with my previous post and saying that the only difference between lighting and magic lightning is the way they are generated, not what they do, or their effects on those hit by it, or even what it is composed of.

hyperbeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperbeing said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@hyperbeing:

The difference you are referring to in your description of the the effect Storm's storm has on the environment, not the lightning. But regardless, you're essentially agreeing with my previous post and saying that the only difference between lighting and magic lightning is the way they are generated, not what they do, or their effects on those hit by it, or even what it is composed of.

actually i did prove your point a bit wrong. Thor summoned lighting in space many times normally lightning cant be generated in space so how it is generated does have effects on its properties. anyway if you guys can can you show electro taking thors lighting on a scan.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@hyperbeing said:

actually i did prove your point a bit wrong. Thor summoned lighting in space many times normally lightning cant be generated in space so how it is generated does have effects on its properties. anyway if you guys can can you show electro taking thors lighting on a scan.

Either you are missing my point or you are ignoring it.

• If Thor generates lightning in space using magic, is that lightning still lightning? Or is it something different entirely.
  • Is that lightning Thor summons in space the same as the Lightning Thor generates on Earth? Does it have different properties?
  • When Storm summons lightning, she does so primarily by manipulating the elements and creating it. Is the lightning she calls different in nature and makeup when compared to Thor's?

Those are the questions that need answering, and the answer IMO is the same for them all: the lightning is the same. The only difference between the strikes are their intensities, but all in all if anyone gets hit by either one the damage/result is the same. This is the same for the comparison between Raiden and Rain.

In the case of Electro vs Rain, Electro is ALL electricity/lightning, while that is only a portion of what Rain can do. It only makes sense that Electro out classes him in the area which is why I feel Rain's water manipulation is his only real way of doing any damage or getting a 1-up over Electro.

Nuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Rain

R2: Electro

R3: Either way for now.

hyperbeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperbeing said:

Either you are missing my point or you are ignoring it.

• If Thor generates lightning in space using magic, is that lightning still lightning? Or is it something different entirely.
  • Is that lightning Thor summons in space the same as the Lightning Thor generates on Earth? Does it have different properties?
  • When Storm summons lightning, she does so primarily by manipulating the elements and creating it. Is the lightning she calls different in nature and makeup when compared to Thor's?

Those are the questions that need answering, and the answer IMO is the same for them all: the lightning is the same. The only difference between the strikes are their intensities, but all in all if anyone gets hit by either one the damage/result is the same. This is the same for the comparison between Raiden and Rain.

In the case of Electro vs Rain, Electro is ALL electricity/lightning, while that is only a portion of what Rain can do. It only makes sense that Electro out classes him in the area which is why I feel Rain's water manipulation is his only real way of doing any damage or getting a 1-up over Electro.

when storm wants it to rain she takes moisture from the surrounding area and in an area where there is no moisture she cant make it rain. thor bypasses this limitation in such when he makes it rain he ignores the laws of physics.now while i admit aside from the ignoring of the laws of physics thors lighting may not be different from regular lightning but in mortal kombat the case seems to effect the properties. scorpions fire not only burns the body it burns also the soul.raiden used lightning to heal jax.also can i see a scan that shows electro messing thor's lightning. now that i think of it i didn't thor attack of a lot of magical beings with his hammer you know beings that would normally not get injured by regular lightning such as silver surfer.

now i do belive round 2 goes to rain for the reasons that he is magical and magic tends to outmatch science.

if thats not good enough then i do believe he wins because he can turn into water or trap electro in a bubble but i do agree that electros power over electricity exceeds his .

also i do believe since rain is half god half edernian i believe it would take a bit more to kill him then a regular human and i see rain as competent and a bit smarter then electro when it comes to his powers. though on the down side his arrogance makes him make mistakes which results in him losing in most of the storyline. but note this considering he is one of shao khans top assassins he had to have some power to back him up as most of shao khans top people are very powerful in there own ways as well as skilled.