• 81 results
#1 Posted by BeaverSauce (431 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden with an adamantium blade at full potential vs wolverine. Both Blood lusted. battle takes place on Earth Zero in the DC universe.

By Jamie Tyndall
#2 Posted by goodguy24 (704 posts) - - Show Bio

Since this isnt MK Raiden, I dont know anything about this one so i'm going with Wolverine here.

#3 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

Can adamantium cut/break adamantium?

If so Raiden wins.

#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus said:

Can adamantium cut/break adamantium?

No, adamantium cannot penetrate or pierce other adamantium.

#5 Posted by HigorM (3245 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine after a good fight.

#6 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5285 posts) - - Show Bio

@HigorM said:

Wolverine after a good fight.

#7 Posted by BeaverSauce (431 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden could probably KO wolverine. He has shown to have at least 20 ton strength when he helicoptered those metal gears in mgs4.

#8 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know who this Raiden is bit I'm going with Wolverine.

#9 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate adamantium. Especially after someone posted a scan of Wolverine stabbing Sabretooth in the brain. Um, what?

#10 Posted by nickzambuto (11471 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden has a MAJOR strength advantage here. He can't KO Wolverine (not many can) but if Logan locks swords with Jack he's getting pushed down. Meanwhile, Wolvy has that nifty healing factor, but it's not like Raiden hasn't dealt with healing before.

I'll give it to Wolverine after a good fight, mainly because Raiden can't really put him down. Their more or less equal in speed and skill, but Logan's healing coupled with his Adamantium makes it almost impossible for Raiden to win.

Jack can take bone claw Wolverine though.

#11 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

I hate adamantium. Especially after someone posted a scan of Wolverine stabbing Sabretooth in the brain. Um, what?

Whats wrong with wolverine stabbing sabretooth in the brain?

#12 Edited by BeaverSauce (431 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Isn't Sabretooth's skull coated in adamantium?

#14 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Isn't Sabretooth's skull coated in adamantium?

For the most part no. He has had adamantium in a few appearances but he has lost it I believe (how I am not sure).

#15 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: The guy who posted the scan presented it as a feat of adamantium cutting through adamantium.

#16 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: The guy who posted the scan presented it as a feat of adamantium cutting through adamantium.

I'm not really sure in that case... I thought Cyber always used his adamantium body to block wolverines claws. I guess I could be wrong. Do you happen to have a copy of this scan?

#17 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Sadly, no. And from what I hear, Wolverine was afraid of Cyber.

#18 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: I'm not sure about wolverine being afraid of cyber but what I was trying to say was that cybers adamantium body was able to block wolverines claws, and wolverines claws were unable to cut his body. I will try and look into this sabretooth fight though.

#19 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Who wouldn't be afraid to face a guy who's covered in adamantium with poison claws? I get what you're saying - that Wolverine couldn't hurt Cyber because Cyber had adamantium covering most of him.

#20 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: True cyber is quite the threat to any street level character.

#21 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (5913 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk recently rammed Wolverine's claws into his own head in issue 12.

So, with enough brute force behind it, I guess adamantium can indeed penetrate adamantium. Irregardless, Raiden ain't no Hulk.

#22 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden.

#23 Posted by Venariozzo (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine would kill MGS4 Raiden in about 5 seconds

MGS R Raiden would wreck Logan though

#24 Edited by Darrius (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Like Raiden, but have to go with Wolverine. Raiden has a strength advantage, but that's it. Wolvy has him in experience, agility, reaction time (by a lot), and healing factor. The metal doesn't heal you have to fix it. Wolverine does heal very, very quickly. Short of a decapition (which is basically ruled out because of an adamantium spine) Raiden can't land a killing, or even an immobilizing blow. But Wolverine can kill Raiden, and he can attack joints etc.

@Venariozzo said:

Actually I think MGS2 Raiden would have a better chance he can move undetected, although that would be MUCH harder against Wolverine who has heighted senses (the smell would be the biggest problem).

#25 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII: So it's unbreakable except when it isn't. Thanks. Make mine DC.

#26 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (5913 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII: So it's unbreakable except when it isn't. Thanks. Make mine DC.

Lol. It's not that big a deal really. And it kind of makes sense ... razor sharp, adamantium laced claws driven with all the strength of Marvel's strongest strong man. An unbreakable substance getting driven into with such force by the same unbreakable, though honed to razor sharp, substance is not a deal breaker for me. And it's not like they were driven through, more like mildly impaled.

EDIT: Also, and no disrespect intended, but a Lobo fan criticizing the credibility of a showing is just a tad bit, um, contradictory.

#27 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

@BeaverSauce said:

@TheAmazingImmortalMan: A little info on raiden, wolverine has been ko'd before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_935125&feature=iv&src_vid=FUjVLN5wozY&v=8DE7HenZiBo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfLZJTDOQr0

huh Thanks.....He seems pretty strong between this and the video posted above he can keep up with Wolvie and land a lot blows but I don't think its enough (but the adamantium sword helps). Raiden is seems stronger, but he was f&cked up after that fight with Vamp. Logan should be able to take this after a few well placed shots with those claws of his.

#28 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine: Listen lady I don't have time for your...
*Gets kicked in the face by Raiden sending Logan flying.*
Raiden: I'm not a woman!

#29 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII: None taken. I accept that it happened, but it doesn't make sense to have an "unbreakable" metal that was damaged in its first appearance and isn't as unbreakable as other unbreakable items. Then on top of that, all the secondary adamantium retcons run rampant.

Aside from reaching through a camera to throttle a guy through a monitor, Lobo's as believable as Superman.

#30 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (5913 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII: None taken. I accept that it happened, but it doesn't make sense to have an "unbreakable" metal that was damaged in its first appearance and isn't as unbreakable as other unbreakable items. Then on top of that, all the secondary adamantium retcons run rampant.

Aside from reaching through a camera to throttle a guy through a monitor, Lobo's as believable as Superman.

I'll have to take your word on that ... as you probably know far more about the character than I.

But I can remember a few stories wherein I was sure the prereq for a writer taking on a Lobo book was a healthy addiction to weed.

#31 Posted by TifaLockhart (13841 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII: Fair enough. Yeah, his monthly got downright weird towards the end.

#32 Posted by YoungJustice (6396 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine, after a lot of struggle.

#33 Posted by BeaverSauce (431 posts) - - Show Bio

I think raiden is faster than wolvie, he seems to have spiderman speed maybe even beyond. Also he has to be over 100 tons, as he held back Out Haven which was the size of an aircraft carrier which weighs more than a 100 tons.

#34 Posted by BeaverSauce (431 posts) - - Show Bio

after further consideration raiden stomp. have u played the game. He is beyond 200 ton level

#35 Posted by NeonGameWave (7229 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden with ease. He is faster and more agile.

#36 Posted by Hyperlight (4387 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darrius said:

Like Raiden, but have to go with Wolverine. Raiden has a strength advantage, but that's it. Wolvy has him in experience, agility, reaction time (by a lot), and healing factor. The metal doesn't heal you have to fix it. Wolverine does heal very, very quickly. Short of a decapition (which is basically ruled out because of an adamantium spine) Raiden can't land a killing, or even an immobilizing blow. But Wolverine can kill Raiden, and he can attack joints etc.

@Venariozzo said:

Actually I think MGS2 Raiden would have a better chance he can move undetected, although that would be MUCH harder against Wolverine who has heighted senses (the smell would be the biggest problem).

i think im leaning towards what you said. but is his reaction time really that much better?

#37 Edited by GypRosetti (347 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden does what most people should do to the over-rated old man - he takes out his eyes and fries his brain, healing factor isn't going to work, dead. Wolverine is very easy to kill. Comic stupidity keeps him alive.

#38 Posted by Hksaru (463 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if this Raiden character has sufficient strength and skill to potentially KO Wolverine, he is at a fundamental disadvantage facing him with a blade.

#39 Posted by BeaverSauce (431 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight said:

@Darrius said:

@Venariozzo said:

i think im leaning towards what you said. but is his reaction time really that much better?

Are you kidding me raiden's reaction time and agility is as fast if not faster than spideys and wolvies. If raiden can put over 200 tons of force strength into a a lunging blow with the sword it will penetrate his skull. And btw medically wolverine still has space between his spine for the gel interveterbral discs that all people have which means not bone or adamantiam in that spot. Raidens accuracy is legendary so he can easily split him in half from the spine.

#40 Posted by GypRosetti (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hksaru: He can teleport. You can't kill what you can't catch.

#41 Posted by BeaverSauce (431 posts) - - Show Bio

@GypRosetti said:

@Hksaru: He can teleport. You can't kill what you can't catch.

i think you are thinking of the wrong character

#42 Posted by GypRosetti (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@BeaverSauce: Yes you're right. I thought it was MK Raiden not Metal Gear Raiden.

#43 Posted by IamGog (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Draw.

#44 Posted by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's hard to ko Wolverine, but people seem to think it's almost impossible here? Didn't Superior Spiderman ko him recently? Unless its a fight to the death, which would be a lot harder. Don't know enough about this Raiden, so can't comment on this fight, but someone stated he's a 20tonner? If he has the skill in the fight, then he certainly has enough to cause some damage and a possible ko?

#45 Posted by BeaverSauce (431 posts) - - Show Bio

@LubeMan said:

I know it's hard to ko Wolverine, but people seem to think it's almost impossible here? Didn't Superior Spiderman ko him recently? Unless its a fight to the death, which would be a lot harder. Don't know enough about this Raiden, so can't comment on this fight, but someone stated he's a 20tonner? If he has the skill in the fight, then he certainly has enough to cause some damage and a possible ko?

Raiden holding back an aircraft carrier... and tossing what can only be 10 ton or heavier metal gear

#46 Posted by God_Spawn (36022 posts) - - Show Bio

@LubeMan said:

Superior Spider-Man knocking him out was regarded as more PIS than anything considering Spider-Man has already laid his best shots into Logan's skull when Logan had a weaker HF than he does no and he only kept smiling. SpOck shouldn't have been able to KO him that easily and he really shouldn't be able to at all.

#47 Edited by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@LubeMan said:

Superior Spider-Man knocking him out was regarded as more PIS than anything considering Spider-Man has already laid his best shots into Logan's skull when Logan had a weaker HF than he does no and he only kept smiling. SpOck shouldn't have been able to KO him that easily and he really shouldn't be able to at all.

I believe the whole thing with superior spiderman is to show what someone who doesn't hold back can do with Spidermans powers. Everybody know's that Spiderman is well above Wolvie in strength, and has more than enough strength to do some damage. For the record, why is what Otto did pis? Isn't Spiderman at least a 25tonner?? So, your telling me with that kind of unrestrained strength, one couldn't ko logan at al?? Seems like everytime someone sees something they don't like, they yell piss?? I'm trying to work out how that is pis, considering Otto doesn't act or think like Parker with Spidermans abilities!

#48 Posted by God_Spawn (36022 posts) - - Show Bio

@LubeMan said:

@god_spawn said:

@LubeMan said:

I believe the whole thing with superior spiderman is to show what someone who doesn't hold back can do with Spidermans powers. Everybody know's that Spiderman is well above Wolvie in strength, and has more than enough strength to do some damage.

Peter wasn't holding back when he kept punching Logan's face in and he kept smiling. Despite Logan having a really high pain tolerance, Peter can hurt him, but KOing him is a completely other animal when it comes to Wolverine which is something he has shown to consistently not be able to do. SpOck had no business KOing him that easily.

#49 Posted by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@LubeMan said:

@god_spawn said:

@LubeMan said:

I believe the whole thing with superior spiderman is to show what someone who doesn't hold back can do with Spidermans powers. Everybody know's that Spiderman is well above Wolvie in strength, and has more than enough strength to do some damage.

Peter wasn't holding back when he kept punching Logan's face in and he kept smiling. Despite Logan having a really high pain tolerance, Peter can hurt him, but KOing him is a completely other animal when it comes to Wolverine which is something he has shown to consistently not be able to do. SpOck had no business KOing him that easily.

Again, I think you have to look at the story in context. Logan had no idea what was happening or about to happen, so yes, he was bushwacked unsuspectingly, but saying that Otto should not have been able to do that? I think the writer is saying differently, and can't say I dissagree given the context of what happen. I'm sure it will be different in an actual fight and won't be so easy also if Wolverine know's who he is fighting without any subterfuge, so a lot is relevant in what hapend and well within the context of the story, imo. To say Ock had no business koing him that easily?? I dissagree, but you'll have to argue that with Slott!

#50 Edited by BeaverSauce (431 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@LubeMan said:

@god_spawn said:

@LubeMan said:

im sorry a man who could throw a massive 10 ton robot around can knock logan out.

check the 2nd video 1:20 on up