#1 Edited by SwordandShields (712 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden(Elder God status)
vs
Thor(Current)

Round 1- H2H only.
Round 2- Morals On. Win by KO.
Round 3- Morals Off. Win by Death.

#2 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

Since this is just H2H I'm going with Raiden, I mean he had Lu Kang on his ass in no time.

#3 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden chops Thor in half. Zantetsuken.

#4 Posted by OneVision_OnePurpose (289 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd give all rounds to Thor. H2H or not, I don't think Raiden can hit hard enough.

#5 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

Raiden chops Thor in half. Zantetsuken.

Couldnt of said it any better.

#6 Posted by SwordandShields (712 posts) - - Show Bio

@protectyournose: all rounds? because number 2 and 3 are not H2H.

#7 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Raiden vs Thor's been done, and the general consensus is Thor would win.

#8 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

@SwordandShields said:

@protectyournose: all rounds? because number 2 and 3 are not H2H.

Yup, I'm going with Raiden all three just Rounds just because Thor is to overrated.

#9 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash: The general consensus is about as legit as Wolverine winning against Lobo in Marvel vs. DC due to fan voting.

#10 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: Come on, you're saying that debates on the Vine hold as little stock as that fertiliser?

If that's your opinion, why do you even bother with the Battle Forums?

#11 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash: I'm saying the majority can be wrong.

#12 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: Agreed. But generally, the debates on here, save for a few trolls/haters/lowballers, are of a high quality, and I think a decent number of fights allow us to make an informed decision.

#13 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash: I respectfully disagree. Most of the posters drop a name and leave it at that. I even make it a point to have people give reasoning and they don't. It's even a fraggin' rule to give a reason and people still namedrop. And there is a lot of bias and misinformation thrown around by people who can't be bothered to read the source material.

Even assuming FF's Odin is inferior to Marvel's Odin, Raiden is the next step up.

#14 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: I accept that we won't agree on this, and it's not what we're here to debate.

Okay, you think Raiden, I think Thor, we disagree, let's leave it at that.

#15 Posted by OneVision_OnePurpose (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash said:

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: I accept that we won't agree on this, and it's not what we're here to debate.

Okay, you think Raiden, I think Thor, we disagree, let's leave it at that.

You could leave it at that, or you could debate the topic in a manner that might be worth referencing the next time Thor v Raiden is done. Maybe one day the general consensus will be legit.

#16 Posted by XLR87T3 (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless Raiden is nearly as strong as Thor, he gets mauled. But, he does have him with fighting skill.

#17 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@OneVision_OnePurpose: See, I'm too stubborn to concede anything, and I've seen this guy debate. He doesn't either. I'd rather not get into this argument.

#18 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

@XLR87T3: Even assuming Raiden isn't strong, round 3 means Raiden gets his blade. Thor's "hard durability" isn't enough to convince me that he wouldn't meet the fate of just about every other non-boss enemy in the game, especially considering his track record against someone fast.

#19 Posted by XLR87T3 (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia:Umm, how fast is Raiden, by the way? I don't know him that well.

#20 Posted by joewell (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

@SwordandShields: Elder God or Mortal Raiden?

#21 Posted by OneVision_OnePurpose (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

I believe "Mortal Raiden," being the usual character is considered the standard.

#22 Posted by SwordandShields (712 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: Elder God status Raiden.

#23 Posted by joewell (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

@SwordandShields: good, might wanna put that in the OP

R1: Raiden 7/10

R2: Thor 7/10

R3: Thor 9/10

#24 Posted by OneVision_OnePurpose (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Does someone have feats for Elder God Raiden?

#25 Posted by joewell (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

@OneVision_OnePurpose said:

Does someone have feats for Elder God Raiden?

ummmmm

#26 Posted by demifiendninja (299 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate to say this. really i hate it, my heat hurts, but  

thor takes this.. 

damn !!

#27 Posted by Z3RO180 (6547 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch screwatacks death battle with Thor and raiden and you will have my answer

#28 Posted by maximotheone (68 posts) - - Show Bio

didnt they do a death match of this in screw attack and i think thor won that

#29 Posted by ComicVineAddict23 (186 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL at the Raiden fanboys. Raiden only wins first round, while Thor wins both rounds.

#30 Posted by nick_hero22 (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden should stomp in this mismatch, how is this remotely fair when Elder Gods are like Universal level beings.

#31 Posted by OneVision_OnePurpose (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

Raiden should stomp in this mismatch, how is this remotely fair when Elder Gods are like Universal level beings.

Well if you want to provide feats on Elder God Raiden that would be swell. I asked a while ago and nobody has had anything yet. :/

#32 Posted by nick_hero22 (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

Well if you want to provide feats on Elder God Raiden that would be swell. I asked a while ago and nobody has had anything yet. :/

The Elder Gods defeated the "One Being" whose entire conscious consists of all the realms and dimensions in the MK Universe, he has been describe throughout the MK:Deception story-line to be a threat to all of existence (all of the realms and dimensions) and was even described as omnipotent even though that's a hyperbole.

#33 Posted by YoungJustice (6841 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor stomps all rounds. He is a trained Asgardian, I highly doubt Raiden would be able to defeat him in H2H. Last 2 round Raiden get murdered and k.oed.

#34 Posted by OneVision_OnePurpose (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

The Elder Gods defeated the "One Being" whose entire conscious consists of all the realms and dimensions in the MK Universe, he has been describe throughout the MK:Deception story-line to be a threat to all of existence (all of the realms and dimensions) and was even described as omnipotent even though that's a hyperbole.

How many Elder Gods are there? or what can a singular Elder God do?

#35 Edited by nick_hero22 (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

It's never really specified how many of them there are, and I have already explained what they are capable of "Defeating the One Being".

#36 Posted by nick_hero22 (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden curbstomps this fight, it's a shame how many people are clueless when the only thing you have to do is look at a few videos during the MK:Deception story-line on Youtube.

#37 Posted by OneVision_OnePurpose (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

It's never really specific how many there is of them, and I have already explained what they are capable of "Defeating the One Being".

Yes, the Elder Gods as a group defeated the One Being, but Raiden doesn't have the group with him. He's on his own. What can a single Elder God (Raiden) do?

#38 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#39 Edited by nick_hero22 (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

It's never really specific how many there is of them, and I have already explained what they are capable of "Defeating the One Being".

Yes, the Elder Gods as a group defeated the One Being, but Raiden doesn't have the group with him. He's on his own. What can a single Elder God (Raiden) do?

I still believe that at his Elder God incarnation he should be able to beat Thor, Elder Gods are Universal level beings. They have the capabilities to alter and change the MK Universe as they see fit since they are the supreme deities, in order to match and defeat the One Being they would all have to be on a similar level power-wise.

#40 Posted by OneVision_OnePurpose (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

I still believe that at his Elder God incarnation he should be able to beat Thor, Elder Gods are Universal level beings. They have the capabilities to alter and change the MK Universe as they see fit since they are the supreme deities, in order to match and defeat the One Being they would all have to be on a similar level power-wise.

I just had a quick look at the MK wiki, and it says they needed to make something called the Kamidogu. So they needed prep to develop these weapons, which Raiden doesn't have here. They also needed each other, which Raiden doesn't have here.

On the same wiki it showed the Elder Gods as ghosts watching over an arena, there was about 5 of them, then you need to include Raiden & Shinnok. So there would have been 7 Elder Gods when the made the Kamidogu's and beat the One Being (and made the MK Realms out of his body?). So now the 7 are just 1 with no prep time.

So whats the argument here for Raiden beating Thor? Thor, by the way, is half Elder God himself. I mean you've been saying its a curbstomp, a mismatch & people are clueless but be fair....you're not really putting forward an argument why Raiden would win. The only feat you have actually given us, is that the Elder Gods beat The One Being. Well this isn't Thor vs The Elder Gods. Its Thor vs Raiden.

Can you give me something to work with....?

#41 Posted by nick_hero22 (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

I just had a quick look at the MK wiki, and it says they needed to make something called the Kamidogu. So they needed prep to develop these weapons, which Raiden doesn't have here. They also needed each other, which Raiden doesn't have here.

On the same wiki it showed the Elder Gods as ghosts watching over an arena, there was about 5 of them, then you need to include Raiden & Shinnok. So there would have been 7 Elder Gods when the made the Kamidogu's and beat the One Being (and made the MK Realms out of his body?). So now the 7 are just 1 with no prep time.

So whats the argument here for Raiden beating Thor? Thor, by the way, is half Elder God himself. I mean you've been saying its a curbstomp, a mismatch & people are clueless but be fair....you're not really putting forward an argument why Raiden would win. The only feat you have actually given us, is that the Elder Gods beat The One Being. Well this isn't Thor vs The Elder Gods. Its Thor vs Raiden.

Can you give me something to work with....?

1) I already explained why Raiden takes this in my previous post, and you are completely mis-information (please refrain from using wikis) the Kamidogus acted as a storage device when the Elder Gods were splitting his essence, that stored the One Being's essence in the kamidogus and separated them in 7 different realms.

2) Are you aware that Mortal Kombat 9 was a retcon to MK Universe? In the previous storyline there was never any light shinned on their numbers or really anything else about them, so you can't really be positive about their numbers beforehand.

3) It has already been established why Thor loses.

#42 Posted by OneVision_OnePurpose (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: General consensus so far is that Thor wins and with the information we have thus far, seems to make a lot more sense that Thor would win. I don't see anything that would put the Elder Gods as a group with prep as being above what Odin does on his own without prep and even then there's no evidence to suggest they have physical ability to match the likes of Thor, just magical ability. Until you provide evidence from the games or some other canon, my estimate at 7 Elder Gods based on a screenshot depicting 5 + knowledge that Raiden & Shinnok were also Elder Gods at the time) and an image from the 2011 game also showing there currently being 5, then you include Raiden & Shinnok. 7 Elder Gods stand until you have evidence to refute.

So these 7 guys, seemingly with prep, can take down the One Being & the One Being is the origin of the Realms. They didn't make the Realms themselves, that in itself buts them below a number of Marvel big powers. As a group they don't seem to be Galactus level, I fail to see how one of them, with no prep is beating someone like Thor, whom has a very large number of confirmed, quantifiable feats.

But if you have actual references and evidence, I'd be glad to see.

#43 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@One Vision_OnePurpose Actually, yes the Elder Gods DID make the realms themselves from the One Being's conscience and body which is still a feat as well as the Kamidogu. They're like one whole God made of 7, but apparently can overrule another such as Shinnok being a FORMER Elder God and tried to betray them and take over, he failed...

I'm sure one Elder God is enough to handle Thor, you can't kill an Elder God. The only evidence we've seen of remotely such was Shinnok being demoted and overpowered by the other Elder Gods eons ago. Besides, the Elder Gods(all of them) are omnipotent so Thor has no chance here.

@joewell said:

He's using the Elder God version. That version can take on any version of Thor since they represent "God" in MKU.

Elder God Raiden will kill Thor... A. being an Elder God and B. Raiden is an actual martial artist and as old as the Earth therefore has more experience in H2H kombat. No weapons for either? yeah...definitely going Raiden here.

#44 Posted by nick_hero22 (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: General consensus so far is that Thor wins and with the information we have thus far, seems to make a lot more sense that Thor would win. I don't see anything that would put the Elder Gods as a group with prep as being above what Odin does on his own without prep and even then there's no evidence to suggest they have physical ability to match the likes of Thor, just magical ability. Until you provide evidence from the games or some other canon, my estimate at 7 Elder Gods based on a screenshot depicting 5 + knowledge that Raiden & Shinnok were also Elder Gods at the time) and an image from the 2011 game also showing there currently being 5, then you include Raiden & Shinnok. 7 Elder Gods stand until you have evidence to refute.

So these 7 guys, seemingly with prep, can take down the One Being & the One Being is the origin of the Realms. They didn't make the Realms themselves, that in itself buts them below a number of Marvel big powers. As a group they don't seem to be Galactus level, I fail to see how one of them, with no prep is beating someone like Thor, whom has a very large number of confirmed, quantifiable feats.

But if you have actual references and evidence, I'd be glad to see.

I provided information, but you can believe what you want.

#45 Posted by OneVision_OnePurpose (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

@One Vision_OnePurpose Actually, yes the Elder Gods DID make the realms themselves from the One Being's conscience and body which is still a feat as well as the Kamidogu. They're like one whole God made of 7, but apparently can overrule another such as Shinnok being a FORMER Elder God and tried to betray them and take over, he failed...

I'm sure one Elder God is enough to handle Thor, you can't kill an Elder God. The only evidence we've seen of remotely such was Shinnok being demoted and overpowered by the other Elder Gods eons ago. Besides, the Elder Gods(all of them) are omnipotent so Thor has no chance here.

My point on the "they didn't make the Realms" was that they didn't do it with just their own power, it was done using the body of the One Being. The Elder Gods can clearly be depowered, and Thor can use Mjolnir to suck up energy. He used it to beatdown Juggernaut, I don't see why it wouldn't work on Raiden.

All of the Elder Gods big achievements is what they've done as a full group. I'm trying to get evidence on what a single Elder God can do under just his own personal power and so far I've been provided none. Its all just claims.

#46 Posted by OneVision_OnePurpose (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: I also provided information, you said my information wasn't right. Now I'm asking for evidence to back up your information over mine.

#47 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

My point on the "they didn't make the Realms" was that they didn't do it with just their own power, it was done using the body of the One Being. The Elder Gods can clearly be depowered, and Thor can use Mjolnir to suck up energy. He used it to beatdown Juggernaut, I don't see why it wouldn't work on Raiden.

All of the Elder Gods big achievements is what they've done as a full group. I'm trying to get evidence on what a single Elder God can do under just his own personal power and so far I've been provided none. Its all just claims.

They did do it with their own power though using the remnants of the One Being...after defeating it, and putting it's essense locked within the Kamidogu therefore if you shatter and destroy them(as they can do but in Deception's arch powered Scorpion to do so) the only other person capable was Shujinko being as how he had everyone's power in him at once. Thor can't use Mjolnir to depower an Elder God, not happening. The only ones capable of depowering them are thems themselves, that's it and they've never been defeated unlike Thor who has trouble with Hulk and Juggernaut. It's not going to work on an omnipotent deity...Don't read the basic wiki's of them, there is an MK site dedicated to MK bios, wikis which are accurate separate from the mainstream wikis.

It's not just all claims though, an Elder God is equal to the others but unless perhaps it's 6 against one there's no evidence of anyone defeating any Elder God. Example, Elder God Raiden had to DEMOTE himself to normal God status in mortal form just to help the mortals being too powerful and being as how Elder Gods mustn't be biased.

#48 Posted by nick_hero22 (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: I also provided information, you said my information wasn't right. Now I'm asking for evidence to back up your information over mine.

You can simply go to Youtube where they have a plethora of MK related videos

#49 Posted by OneVision_OnePurpose (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus: They didn't create the Realms like individuals in Marvel create their own pocket universe with just their own power. What they did is impressive, but its less impressive then if they had done it using *just* they're own power. Now, Thor was able to use his hammer to de-power Juggernaut, whom gets his power directly from Cyttorak, whom is very powerful and we've seen Shinnok could be de-powered. You claim they're immune to Mjolnir? Prove it.

You claim there's no evidence of anyone defeating an Elder God? Shinnok was. Whom have the Elder Gods defeated? The One Being, when it was 7 against 1. If they've beaten anybody else, I've not heard of it.

I'm still waiting on any feats or evidence to suggest a single Elder God can beat Thor. Because so far its all what they have done as a group, which is completely irrelevant because its not a group that's fighting.

#50 Posted by OneVision_OnePurpose (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

You can simply go to Youtube where they have a plethora of MK related videos

Or you can link a relevant video? I'm not arguing the point of Raiden, you are. Its my responsibility to provide your evidence.