Raiden vs Spiderman

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CalebHara

Raiden (Metal Gear Rising Revengance) vs Spiderman (Iron Spider Armour)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules go as followed

• Raiden from the end of MGRR with all upgrades an enhancements, standard gear
  • Iron Spider standard gear
  • Random encounter, no prior knowledge
  • No allies or external resources
  • Fight is won by a means of KO, Death, Incapacitation, or Surrender
  • Morals off

Battle takes place here

No Caption Provided

Long island, New York

• No BFR
  • No Bystanders
  • 100 meter starting distance

WHO WINS?

Avatar image for spidermanandsuperman
spidermanandsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spiderman

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CalebHara

@spidermanandsuperman: why?

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EssentiallyHeroes

Raiden maybe. He should be able to match spidey in speed and cut the webs.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By renamed040924

Mismatch, Raiden is far beyond Spider-Man (that really pains me to say)

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By laflux

@nickzambuto said:

Really?

Not about the result- but it paining you.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CalebHara

@nickzambuto: Really? their speed feats are similar, Raiden is probably stronger, Peter is more agile. They are both VERY durable, and now, Peter has the Iron Spider armour.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NeonGameWave

Raiden cuts him in two after a really long fight.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jashro44

@nickzambuto said:

What has Raiden done in Revengeance?

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gingerpenny

Iron Spidey wins

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pokergeist

@jashro44: Lets ask this question shall we. What can Spidey due to Raiden who has more skill, Iron Spidey was not train by Shang Chi yet, as well 100 toner strength. The guy flings around Geckos with his feet. He moves faster than Bullets fired as well reaction time to match. Raiden also has a Eletricfied Sword thats cuts thru anything as it stands.

What is Spidey going to do? More so with Morals on?

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Raiden goes Jack the Ripper= Spider-Man gets sliced to pieces.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Rumble Man

@saiyan_earthling:

CNT muscles, son!

saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By saiyan_earthling

@Rumble Man said:

@saiyan_earthling:

CNT muscles, son!

LOL

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rumble Man

@saiyan_earthling:

saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By saiyan_earthling

@Rumble Man said:

@saiyan_earthling:

LOL

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jashro44

@CadenceV2: I was mainly curious what Raiden has done during revengance. I wasn't really making a case for spider-man.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By renamed040924

@laflux said:

@nickzambuto said:

Really?

Not about the result- but it paining you.

Raiden was cool in MGS4, but a very shallow character. He was best in MGS2, before Kojima sold out. I hear he's better in Revengeance though (haven't played it yet)

Meanwhile Spider-Man is my favorite comic book character.

@CalebHara said:

@nickzambuto: Really? their speed feats are similar, Raiden is probably stronger, Peter is more agile. They are both VERY durable, and now, Peter has the Iron Spider armour.

Raiden is a great deal faster than Spider-Man, far more acrobatic in combat, infinitely stronger and more durable, not to mention the skill gap and Raiden's ability to oneshot Peter with the H/F Blade.

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto said:

What has Raiden done in Revengeance?

I haven't played it yet. But Raiden has displayed enhanced speed even before his upgrades. He was a child soldier bred and conditioned for nothing but war, his only memories being that of killing and maiming his enemies. He was personally trained by Solidus Snake, and kept constantly drugged and tortured. This led to Raiden's superhuman perception as an adult (similar to Cassandra Cain), allowing him great agility, and the reflexes to dodge a fully charged blast from Fortune's Rail Gun at close range (beyond bullet speed). He was capable of deflecting automatic gunfire from multiple sources with his blade, and even a high powered chaingun.

Upon receiving his cyborg augmentations, Raiden's speed greatly increased.

10:40 destroys three Gekko in less than one second

2:00 clears several hundred feet of space in an instant to save Snake

His upgrades in Revengeance doubled his power, but unfortunately I haven't seen much of that. I've seen the first chapter of Revengeance on YouTube, but Raiden was still using the white suit during that. Regardless, he was capable of outrunning a speeding train, sprinting down the side of a tower while dodging missiles, and making a walkway out of a barrage of missiles.

20:15 - 21:25

Raiden has supersonic speed, I don't think Spider-Man could hopscotch across missiles going at mach speeds or blitz a group of Gekko with precision hits to take each down in less than a second.

Like I said, Raiden is cool, but overwhelmingly shallow compared to his MGS2 depiction. I'd love to say Spider-Man wins, so go ahead, prove me wrong. Please, you'll be doing me a favor.

saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By saiyan_earthling

@nickzambuto: Raiden is possibly around hypersonic level in reaction and attack speed, and likely much faster in his 2nd body.

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Spydey

Even without Spider sense, spidey's quick. Very quick. SO even if they are matched in speed, Spidey's still got his SS. Now the OP says Spidey's got his Iron Spider armour, but it doesn't say whether it's Iron Spider era. If he's using the latest Raiden, I'm assuming he'd do the same for Spidey and just give him the armour to make it even as far as armor and tech goes. So with that said. Spidey.

@saiyan_earthling said:

@nickzambuto: Raiden is possibly around hypersonic level in reaction and attack speed, and likely much faster in his 2nd body.

Where has it been shown Raiden can move that fast? Bullets travel well beyond the speed of sound. And Spidey tends to dodge them fairly easy. Juuust tossing that out there.

saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By saiyan_earthling

@Spydey said:

Even without Spider sense, spidey's quick. Very quick. SO even if they are matched in speed, Spidey's still got his SS. Now the OP says Spidey's got his Iron Spider armour, but it doesn't say whether it's Iron Spider era. If he's using the latest Raiden, I'm assuming he'd do the same for Spidey and just give him the armour to make it even as far as armor and tech goes. So with that said. Spidey.

@saiyan_earthling said:

Where has it been shown Raiden can move that fast? Bullets travel well beyond the speed of sound. And Spidey tends to dodge them fairly easy. Juuust tossing that out there.

Gray Fox has dodged and deflected machine bullets, and bullets from Metal Gear Rex that were even faster, and Raiden is much stronger and faster than Fox. As soon as Raiden threw Metal Gear Ray in the air in the beginning of MGR, he jumped straight on one of Ray's arms and sliced it as he ran up and proceeded to chop off Ray's arm. Raiden can also jump on missiles one after the other, to catch up and chop off Ray's other arm. And not to mention, he caught up to a train before jumping on it. And he's fought Sam, who barely had cybernetic enhancements and he could still dodge and cut bullets, and gave Raiden a hard time.

When Raiden got his 2nd body, his overall stats became higher, and his blade mode makes him cut faster, and don't forget about his jack the Ripper persona.

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Spydey

@saiyan_earthling said:

@Spydey said:

@saiyan_earthling said:

Gray Fox has dodged and deflected machine bullets, and bullets from Metal Gear Rex that were even faster, and Raiden is much stronger and faster than Fox. As soon as Raiden threw Metal Gear Ray in the air in the beginning of MGR, he jumped straight on one of Ray's arms and sliced it as he ran up and proceeded to chop off Ray's arm. Raiden can also jump on missiles one after the other, to catch up and chop off Ray's other arm. And not to mention, he caught up to a train before jumping on it. And he's fought Sam, who barely had cybernetic enhancements and he could still dodge and cut bullets, and gave Raiden a hard time.

When Raiden got his 2nd body, his overall stats became higher, and his blade mode makes him cut faster, and don't forget about his jack the Ripper persona.

I hear you. The guy's sick. That cutscene in MG4 changed my view on life but, your listing doesn't tell me Raiden moves at hypersonic speeds. That just says he's supersonic and does something Pete does on a daily basis. Spider-man dodged a rifle's bullet from a considerably VERY close range without even looking. There was one issue where he was dodging lasers while going over some past conversation in his head--I forgot what it was exactly--but he wasn't even paying attention to the lasers. Even without Spider sense, he's shown to have an insane level of speed by stalemating Julia as Madame Webb who can see into the future and is incredibly fast as well.

Pete's running speed's never been clocked, but that's unnecessary info, for this.

So there's that and Spidey's strength and power behind his punches; being able to take off the jaw of Scorpion, who's near the same power level as he is(He even stated that he pulls his punches against people like Green Goblin who's around the 10 ton). He's used his own body to buffer a fully fueled personal jet's landing. He's taken and given several shots from and to Wolverine as well as other heavy hitters.

That and Pete's about 30/31. He's got 15 years of experience in fighting guys who outmatch him in strength, intelligence, or speed.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rumble Man

@Spydey:

Spider-man dodged a rifle's bullet from a considerably VERY close range without even looking.

spider sense, kinda helps his 'reaction'

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rumble Man

@saiyan_earthling said:

by calcs he is

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jashro44

@Rumble Man said:

@Spydey:

Spider-man dodged a rifle's bullet from a considerably VERY close range without even looking.

He waited until after the bullet was fired if he is talking about the instance I am thinking of.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Enemybird

@saiyan_earthling said:

Hyper sonic reaction? skip to 1:00 min

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rumble Man

@Enemybird: one outlier, and the Senator can react in zandatsu

waittaminute are you using the senator to undermine Raiden?

saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By saiyan_earthling

@Rumble Man said:

@Enemybird: one outlier, and the Senator can react in zandatsu

waittaminute are you using the senator to undermine Raiden?

He is, even though Raiden survived the explosion and managed to rip out the Senator's heart out in the end..... and crush it.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By renamed040924

@Spydey said:

@saiyan_earthling said:

@Spydey said:

@saiyan_earthling said:

I hear you. The guy's sick. That cutscene in MG4 changed my view on life but, your listing doesn't tell me Raiden moves at hypersonic speeds. That just says he's supersonic and does something Pete does on a daily basis. Spider-man dodged a rifle's bullet from a considerably VERY close range without even looking. There was one issue where he was dodging lasers while going over some past conversation in his head--I forgot what it was exactly--but he wasn't even paying attention to the lasers. Even without Spider sense, he's shown to have an insane level of speed by stalemating Julia as Madame Webb who can see into the future and is incredibly fast as well.

Pete's running speed's never been clocked, but that's unnecessary info, for this.

So there's that and Spidey's strength and power behind his punches; being able to take off the jaw of Scorpion, who's near the same power level as he is(He even stated that he pulls his punches against people like Green Goblin who's around the 10 ton). He's used his own body to buffer a fully fueled personal jet's landing. He's taken and given several shots from and to Wolverine as well as other heavy hitters.

That and Pete's about 30/31. He's got 15 years of experience in fighting guys who outmatch him in strength, intelligence, or speed.

Raiden does far more than just dodge bullets. He sees them on course midair and cuts them in half with his sword. Raiden while still human was doing stuff Spider-Man without spider sense would struggle to replicate (without spider sense, Peter got shot and had to don body armor. By comparison, Raiden was avoiding high powered chain guns from 22 Metal Gear RAYS all firing at him simultaneously plus tracker missiles and an assortment of other weapons).

There is no statement to say Raiden is hypersonic, his feats put him on that level. Namely clearing hundreds of feet in an instant to save Snake while injured, and running straight down a vertical wall (once he got his upgrades, he ran up).

Strength isn't even comparable. Raiden stopped a giant battleship in it's tracks and threw a 500 ton robot hundreds of feet into the air.

Experience is nothing, Raiden was a child soldier and had been conditioned to fight since he could remember. Raiden has three decades of experience fighting guys who outmatch him in strength, intelligence, or skill.

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Spydey

@Rumble Man said:

@Spydey:

Which is the point I'm making. Spider-man's speed is already incredible. So backed with his spider-sense after the training's he's received now, he's ridiculously fast.

@jashro44 said:

@Rumble Man said:

@Spydey:

He waited until after the bullet was fired if he is talking about the instance I am thinking of.

The Grim Hunt, right? There was the case way back in the early years where a boy shot at him with a hand gun and he didn't react until after the bullet was fired as well.

@nickzambuto said:

@Spydey said:

@saiyan_earthling said:

@Spydey said:

@saiyan_earthling said:

Raiden does far more than just dodge bullets. He sees them on course midair and cuts them in half with his sword. Raiden while still human was doing stuff Spider-Man without spider sense would struggle to replicate (without spider sense, Peter got shot and had to don body armor. By comparison, Raiden was avoiding high powered chain guns from 22 Metal Gear RAYS all firing at him simultaneously plus tracker missiles and an assortment of other weapons).

There is no statement to say Raiden is hypersonic, his feats put him on that level. Namely clearing hundreds of feet in an instant to save Snake while injured, and running straight down a vertical wall (once he got his upgrades, he ran up).

Strength isn't even comparable. Raiden stopped a giant battleship in it's tracks and threw a 500 ton robot hundreds of feet into the air.

Experience is nothing, Raiden was a child soldier and had been conditioned to fight since he could remember. Raiden has three decades of experience fighting guys who outmatch him in strength, intelligence, or skill.

Alll your arguments are directed towards a Peter without Spider-sense. Spidey has dodged a room full of machine gun fire. A room. There's not a lot of open space there. Second, I've already pointed out on two separate occasions he dodged a bullet a near close range after the bullet already left the barrel. One was a shot fired by Kraven and the other was a shot fired by a child. Keep in mind on both occasions, the distance was in no way more than a 100 meters away. And we all know how fast a bullet travels. All of this was before he received training from Shang Chi. So, again, you're not telling me anything that Spidey isn't capable of doing on a daily basis. Spidey getting the armour was right after he lost his Spider-sense and even he doesn't even know what he's capable of without out due to relying on it for so long. Ihate to use this example again, but he stalemated someone who can see every move he's going to make before he makes it. That means, despite the fact she'd know how to react, block and even follow up with a counter, he's so fast she's only quick enough to block.

Well, the ninja turtles can run alongside walls for a long period of time, but they're not really hitting hypersonic. It IS a Japanese game and they tend to exaggerate physics quite a bit. But again, they're not racing. Spidey's proven to have reflexes and agility that exceeds a bullet, but that doesn't mean he can run faster than one.

As far as the 500 ton thing goes, I've never seen this nor do I know how much it'd weigh, but 500 tons is around Hulk levels, so I'll need to see proof that it's 500 tons.

I'm finding that hard to believe seeing as how he's constantly in need and receiving upgrades.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rolldestroyer

raiden wins here

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By renamed040924

Spidey has dodged a room full of machine gun fire. A room. There's not a lot of open space there.

Like I said, no amount of bullet dodging will bring Spider-Man up to Raiden's level when Raiden was doing the same thing as a human. He and Snake were surrounded by a dozen Arsenal Tengu on a small, circular platform with absolutely no cover; the duo was fast enough to not get shot once.

Second, I've already pointed out on two separate occasions he dodged a bullet a near close range after the bullet already left the barrel. One was a shot fired by Kraven and the other was a shot fired by a child. Keep in mind on both occasions, the distance was in no way more than a 100 meters away.

I'm familiar with both instances. Neither feat is out of Raiden's ability to replicate. He actually did the same thing in Revengeance.

So, again, you're not telling me anything that Spidey isn't capable of doing on a daily basis.

But the thing is, all those feats I listed were HUMAN Raiden. Dodging gunfire isn't even worth bringing up against Cyborg Raiden, so you'll need to show more impressive speed feats than bullet timing, which any street leveler can do.

he stalemated someone who can see every move he's going to make before he makes it. That means, despite the fact she'd know how to react, block and even follow up with a counter, he's so fast she's only quick enough to block.

That's a very impressive showing of Spider-Man's skill but not enough to put him on Raiden's level. Raiden has chopped enhanced cyborgs into hundreds of pieces before they could react, so this single feat is not enough to turn the tides.

Well, the ninja turtles can run alongside walls for a long period of time, but they're not really hitting hypersonic. It IS a Japanese game and they tend to exaggerate physics quite a bit.

That's the Ninja Turtles' problem, it has no bearing on anything here considering they come from a completely different company, let alone universe.

As far as the 500 ton thing goes, I've never seen this nor do I know how much it'd weigh, but 500 tons is around Hulk levels, so I'll need to see proof that it's 500 tons.

Peace Walker weighed "about 500 tons" so it's a good estimate on how much RAY weighed, considering RAY was bigger and more advanced.

I'm finding that hard to believe seeing as how he's constantly in need and receiving upgrades.

He was upgraded once. And that doesn't mean anything other than Raiden goes up against powerful foes. A character's role in the game doesn't mean anything about how competent they are. For example, Mr. Satan from DBZ. A complete laughing stock compared to the Z Fighters, but would stomp almost any street leveler.

Overall, we seem to be arguing about speed here, which I can concede is pretty even, but you can't forget the other factors in this fight; Raiden is infinitely stronger than Spider-Man, and can oneshot Peter thanks to his H/F Blade. Spider-Man will need to land dozens of hits on Raiden to defeat him, whereas Raiden only needs to land one. Are you saying that Spider-Man's speed edge is SOO incredibly vast, that he's capable of hitting Raiden dozens of times before Jack can hit him once? When Raiden is as skilled as he is, I don't see that happening.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Raiden

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Raiden should take it.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiden should take it.

Was it ever made clear exactly how much the armor amped Peter?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Strider1992

@strider92 said:

Raiden should take it.

Ermmm invisibility, flight, air filters, scanners and a few other random bonuses.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By renamed040924

@nickzambuto said:

@strider92 said:

Raiden should take it.

Ermmm invisibility, flight, air filters, scanners and a few other random bonuses.

What about in terms of physicals?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: IIRC the armor made him slightly bullet proof but other then that I don't think it amped his physicals.

jaywray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jaywray

I honestly don't really see a single area where Spiderman has an advantage in combat, Raiden is FAR stronger, he would literally break Peter in 2, he's got a few outliners with speed, but that's pretty inevitable in game imo, speed often seems to be the thing that people have issues with, for the most part id say he's at least supersonic, even with Spider Sense I only really see Peter dodging a hit or two.

Durability is another heavy advantage for Raiden, seriously Rising has some ridiculous feats lol.

I don't think at this point Peter had received all that much Martial arts training where as Raiden has been training since he was a child for fighting, I'm not quite sure if he learnt any specific Martial Arts (Probaby the same CQC as Snake) but it's clear he's at least talented at using his own body extremes to his benefit.

Peter dodges and maybe lands a few imo, but in the end he either gets sliced or smashed.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: I don't think it did amp his stats at all IIRC

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaywray said:

I honestly don't really see a single area where Spiderman has an advantage in combat, Raiden is FAR stronger, he would literally break Peter in 2, he's got a few outliners with speed, but that's pretty inevitable in game imo, speed often seems to be the thing that people have issues with, for the most part id say he's

at least

supersonic, even with Spider Sense I only really see Peter dodging a hit or two.

Durability is another heavy advantage for Raiden, seriously Rising has some ridiculous feats lol.

I don't think at this point Peter had received all that much Martial arts training where as Raiden has been training since he was a child for fighting, I'm not quite sure if he learnt any specific Martial Arts (Probaby the same CQC as Snake) but it's clear he's at least talented at using his own body extremes to his benefit.

Peter dodges and maybe lands a few imo, but in the end he either gets sliced or smashed.

Hit the nail on the head.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman but it will be close.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza said:

How? Does Raiden not hold every conceivable advantage?

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SSJLozza

@ssjlozza said:

No. Spiderman has two very important ones: speed and agility. I see the fight lasting a while with Spidey eventually tying Raiden in his webs. Don't forget he also has superior knowledge of NY, which is where the battles taking place afterall.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By renamed040924

@ssjlozza said:

@nickzambuto said:

@ssjlozza said:

No. Spiderman has two very important ones: speed and agility. I see the fight lasting a while with Spidey eventually tying Raiden in his webs. Don't forget he also has superior knowledge of NY, which is where the battles taking place afterall.

Going by feats Spider-Man is neither faster nor more agile than Raiden. People can bring up as many bullet dodging feats as they want, but Raiden is beyond that. Until Spider-Man is fast enough to beat gravity, he's not faster than Raiden.

Loading Video...

3:30-4:20

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Clark_EL

Raiden

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza said:

@nickzambuto said:

@ssjlozza said:

Going by feats Spider-Man is neither faster nor more agile than Raiden. People can bring up as many bullet dodging feats as they want, but Raiden is beyond that. Until Spider-Man is fast enough to beat gravity, he's not faster than Raiden.

Loading Video...

3:30-4:20

If you are referring to the wall running that isn't that impressive. I agree Raiden is probably faster though from the bit I have seen in revengance. Also it looks like there is electricity under his feet aiding him in that as well. We don't see spider-man run up walls with raw speed because he doesn't have to so I don't see wall running being a feat to make someone faster then spider-man.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Raiden stomps.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By New_World_Order

Spider-Man.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By renamed040924

@jashro44: Beating gravity is a bit out of Spider-Man's league, especially when Raiden did it on such weak masonry as glass. I think him never having to is a weak excuse for him never doing it.