bump

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Death unfortunately doesn't have the feats to compete with Raiden.

In theory he should be stronger, but there's no way to prove that, so Raiden.

Jmarshmallow

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By those_eyes

Death unfortunately doesn't have the feats to compete with Raiden.

In theory he should be stronger, but there's no way to prove that, so Raiden.

Jmarshmallow

How exactly does he beat death though?

No Caption Provided

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: His blade destabilizes people on a molecular level, or something like that.

I dunno, I'm not that much of a Raiden fan, I'm just a Darksiders fan. But I just don't think Death has the speed to tag him.

Jmarshmallow

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By reikai

@jmarshmallow: It's just a High-Frequency blade. It's not such a big issue next to a nigh-indestructible esoteric weapon that rips souls from bodies and can change shape at will. Also Death is more than fast enough. Novel has his speed/reflexes as virtual precognition. He was blocking Angelic cannon fire from behind without even having to look at it, while thinking of something else entirely. Even when two angels were shooting he was still evading everything effortlessly and could've done so indefinitely, but he stopped to deal with them cause he had some questions he wanted answered.

Plus there's that whole Teleport Slash deal that Raiden has no defense against. Nor against Death's Reaper Hands that he can make appear at will to grip down Raiden or even tear his arms off. Then if we look at overall battle experience, Raiden hasn't even been born yet to begin a comparison next to Death who's been at it millions of years.

If it was just who can bench more, it'd be Raiden. But it's not. And Death's so damned tough it'd be hard enough for Raiden to cause any meaningful injury, since Death can use his esoteric powers to heal himself. Then there's the whole BFR deal with using Despair.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@reikai said:

@jmarshmallow: It's just a High-Frequency blade. It's not such a big issue next to a nigh-indestructible esoteric weapon that rips souls from bodies and can change shape at will.

Yeah, trust me, I know plenty about the capability of his Scythes.

However, his damage output wasn't the point I was arguing here, it's his speed, and he just doesn't have it.

Also Death is more than fast enough. Novel has his speed/reflexes as virtual precognition. He was blocking Angelic cannon fire from behind without even having to look at it, while thinking of something else entirely.

Yup, I know about this too. But honestly, that puts his speed at high-street leveler at best. And while we both know this not to be true, there's no evidence suggesting otherwise.

Unless you can somehow prove that Angelic cannon fire somehow move faster than any old sniper bullet.

Even when two angels were shooting he was still evading everything effortlessly and could've done so indefinitely, but he stopped to deal with them cause he had some questions he wanted answered.

Again, dodging shots are something that most street levelers worth their salt do every issue.

Plus there's that whole Teleport Slash deal that Raiden has no defense against.

How about moving faster than him and blitzing him in the first second of the fight?

Nor against Death's Reaper Hands that he can make appear at will to grip down Raiden or even tear his arms off.

He never does that until the enemy is weakened, and we both know that. In fact, he rarely ever uses it in combat at all besides on weak enemies.

Either way, he's NEVER shown to do it on an enemy as powerful as Raiden

Then if we look at overall battle experience, Raiden hasn't even been born yet to begin a comparison next to Death who's been at it millions of years.

Experience isn't really much of a factor when dealing with opponents that have a completely different powerset.

That would be like me saying that Wolverine is more powerful than Franklin Richards just because he's "more experienced."

If it was just who can bench more, it'd be Raiden.

Of course.

But it's not.

You're right, speed is the biggest factor here and Death just doesn't have the feats to prove that.

And Death's so damned tough it'd be hard enough for Raiden to cause any meaningful injury, since Death can use his esoteric powers to heal himself.

Agreed. Durability is one of Death's greatest advantages, but eventually he will wear him down.

Then there's the whole BFR deal with using Despair.

This isn't really a viable option since he's never done it in combat.

Jmarshmallow

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

Unless you can somehow prove that Angelic cannon fire somehow move faster than any old sniper bullet.

I would say so given modern aren't in the same classification or league seeing as the war was supposed to go off when Humanity had reached an equal level with both the forces of Heaven and Hell. And given we do have super-sonic weapons and these things were pulverizing the surroundings I'd say Angelic firearms are still by far superior to anything we've got laying around. Nvm the standards they go by.

Again, dodging shots are something that most street levelers worth their salt do every issue.

Against people who don't know squat about how to shoot, and those SL's are Aim-Doging 99% of the time. Death's scarcely paying attention.

He never does that until the enemy is weakened, and we both know that. In fact, he rarely ever uses it in combat at all besides on weak enemies.

For purposes of gameplay. Even then, still talking about a guy taking on people who've got arguably continent-level power. Like the Archon with the Staff of Arafel, an object so powerful that even the Crowfather was afraid of what Death might be able to do with it. Yet Death treated the thing as if it were just a brightly colored stick.

Either way, he's NEVER shown to do it on an enemy as powerful as Raiden

Because all the people who were, were giants or wielding obscenely powerful artifacts, and he had no need to use them when the giant soul-raping Scythe does the job every time.

You're right, speed is the biggest factor here and Death just doesn't have the feats to prove that.

Yet Death can tag teleporters like Samael and Belial with his near instantly extending trident, despite being such a fat piece of crap. And I don't recall Raiden taking on anyone who can teleport. MGS4 he couldn't even handle Vamp, who should be far much slower than himself.

That would be like me saying that Wolverine is more powerful than Franklin Richards just because he's "more experienced."

You know that's not even a remotely viable comparison. Also, Raiden's not exactly bringing a skillset unknown to Death by any means. He's just using different tech. Raiden's just a cyberpunk Ninja who's forgotten his stealth lessons. Not really so different from that Blademaster guy in the Kingdom of the Dead.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@reikai:

I would say so given modern aren't in the same classification or league seeing as the war was supposed to go off when Humanity had reached an equal level with both the forces of Heaven and Hell. And given we do have super-sonic weapons and these things were pulverizing the surroundings I'd say Angelic firearms are still by far superior to anything we've got laying around. Nvm the standards they go by.

Again, that's all fine in good in theory. But it's not an actual, factual feat that suggests he's anywhere NEAR Raiden.

Against people who don't know squat about how to shoot, and those SL's are Aim-Doging 99% of the time. Death's scarcely paying attention.

*Ahem*

No Caption Provided

No aim dodging, the first showing specifically indicates how good the shooter is, and the second is too close range for it to even matter how "good" the shooter is.

So unless you're trying to suggest that Batman is now suddenly on the tier of someone like Raiden, then no, it doesn't mean much.

For purposes of gameplay.

He's never done it in cutscenes either. At least not until he's beaten up the boss pretty badly, which isn't gameplay because it's not like he just one-shots every boss. The QTE's prove that, since QTE's are as canon as cutscenes.

Even then, still talking about a guy taking on people who've got arguably continent-level power. Like the Archon with the Staff of Arafel, an object so powerful that even the Crowfather was afraid of what Death might be able to do with it. Yet Death treated the thing as if it were just a brightly colored stick.

I totally agree, no argument here! Death can take down the strongest of the strong, and there really isn't any limit to his potential power.

However, none of that matters when he CAN'T HIT THE GUY!

Because all the people who were, were giants or wielding obscenely powerful artifacts,

Samael isn't giant, and he doesn't really wield any obscenely powerful artifact.

and he had no need to use them when the giant soul-raping Scythe does the job every time.

Then why bring it up here if he never does it in character?

Yet Death can tag teleporters like Samael and Belial with his near instantly extending trident, despite being such a fat piece of crap. And I don't recall Raiden taking on anyone who can teleport. MGS4 he couldn't even handle Vamp, who should be far much slower than himself.

Taking on teleporters doesn't make you fast, it just means A). You have precog, B). Those people aren't that fast so they can't utilize their teleportation effectively, or C). Both.

And despite his low showings, Raiden's consistent showings suggest he's FAR faster than Death (at least based on feats).

You know that's not even a remotely viable comparison.

You get the point though. Experience means little if one guy is more powerful than the next.

Experience really only matters when you're having a pure, H2H fight, which these two won't get the pleasure of enjoying due to Raiden's superior speed.

*sigh* I can't believe the day is here where I'm actually arguing for Raiden..

And against Death no less...

Also, Raiden's not exactly bringing a skillset unknown to Death by any means. He's just using different tech.

Tech = an unknown skillset.

Death has NEVER faced a person with Raiden's abilities and futuristic tech, and that's just a fact.

Raiden's just a cyberpunk Ninja who's forgotten his stealth lessons. Not really so different from that Blademaster guy in the Kingdom of the Dead.

Lol. Ghost Blademaster =/= Raiden, and we both know that.

Jmarshmallow

DeAnnunaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiden stomps. Low-end calcs have put his reaction time at Mach 100.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By those_eyes

@deannunaki said:

Raiden stomps. Low-end calcs have put his reaction time at Mach 100.

No Caption Provided

What calcs?

DeAnnunaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes:

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=969312&page=2

http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=49700717&postcount=169