Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51 tparks  Online

@cable_extreme:

To everyone, care to share his feats?

Check out basically any thread on here with Raiden in it, and you will find tons. He's literally thousands of times stronger and more durable then Deathstroke and has beaten characters that are also thousands of times stronger and more durable then Deathstroke.

Characters like Hulk are a better match up.

This is just the difference between a street leveler, and someone who is over 10,000 tons in strength and durability. I'm not sure why this thread isn't locked yet.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@tparks: well, it seems like he is all stats... Slade has fought people (hulk like).

Though what makes you think Raiden is over 10000 tons in strength?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 tparks  Online
uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiden , he basically outclasses DS in every way .

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Have you ever played MGS & went into Raidens back story ? He was a child soldier , who became a Spec Ops operative & then a mercenary . I don't even see why people think Slade has more experience .

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@beaconofstrength: Kojima in a interview said it parallels to the metal gear solid verse but continues off where Raiden was.

So Raiden previous history is intact, but everything else isn't canon with what Kojima wants for the future.

That's the way I understood it.

What? When was this?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiden is too fast and strong and skilled and versatile and durable.

Versatile? I know this is an old comment but what do you mean by versatile? I agree Slade stands no chance I just kind of always assumed Raiden was limited to cutting and punching stuff.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@nickzambuto: Kojima got high again, and decided to do whatever he wants.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto said:

Raiden is too fast and strong and skilled and versatile and durable.

Versatile? I know this is an old comment but what do you mean by versatile? I agree Slade stands no chance I just kind of always assumed Raiden was limited to cutting and punching stuff.

His combat style itself is versatile, wielding his sword with his feet and spinning around and junk. Even if Raiden is fighting someone who's a slightly more knowledgeable martial artist then him, his ability to mix it up would put things in his favor.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: well, it seems like he is all stats...

Loading Video...

Deathstroke can't fight like that.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto: I see.

His suit also grants him miscellaneous abilities like automatically pumping blades/bullets out of his body. This is actually the way he beat Vamp, by pretending to be dead from a stab wound and then ejecting the knife into his neck.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: taken from another forum, take it however you want it.

I'm at work so I had to do this on my phone.

[Mike Channell]

So, Metal Gear Rising, it's not a numbered game in the series, but is it as integral and important to the storyline as a numbered game, and will the events be reflected in future games?

[Hideo Kojima]

So, first of all Metal Gear Rising is a spin off focused on Rising [Raiden] and his story, as well as a particular type of gameplay unique to this game.

So that said, as far as the settings concerned it takes place after Metal Gear Solid 4, so in that sense it is a continuation of the saga, a continuation of the story after Metal Gear Solid 4, but as you know this time we're working with Platinum Games and it's being developed outside of the studio, so it's a little bit different from the story I had in mind for what would happen after Metal Gear Solid 4, it's kind of Platinum Games interpretation of the story and interpretation of the Metal Gear world, so in that sense you could say it's sort of a parallel story, at the same time as well as being a continuation. It's Platinum's take on the Metal Gear universe.

[Mike Channell]

Do you feel nervous in trusting the Metal Gear universe to another team, it's such a personal expression and does that apply to the upcoming film as well?

[Hideo Kojima]

So you know as far as Rising is concerned this is a spin off, it's not a numbered title, so in that sense you know I try to take a step back and try not to be too protective of it, you know so I didn't tell them exactly what to do, I wanted to give Platinum the freedom to do what they wanted to do and create their own game. So I did supervise the project, but didn't give really detailed feedback on every little detail.

Like wise with the movie, it's not like I'll be picking up a megaphone and shouting directions on the movie set, this is a Hollywood movie and it has to be interpreted that way, it's a movie, it's its own medium, so this is Hollywood's take on the Metal Gear franchise and I'm comfortable taking a step back from that as well.

How unbiasedly scientific do you want it?

Canon

- "as far as the settings concerned it takes place after Metal Gear Solid 4"

- "it is a continuation of the saga, a continuation of the story after Metal Gear Solid 4"

- "I did supervise the project"

Non Canon

- "is it as integral and important to the storyline as a numbered game, and will the events be reflected in future games?"

Didn't even bother to actually answer the question.

- "first of all Metal Gear Rising is a spin off"

Calls it a spin off, which he has done before...with Ac!d. And is the first thing he has to say.

- "as well as a particular type of gameplay unique to this game."

An irrelevant digression to a question clearly about story.

- "so in that sense it is a continuation"

It take place after MGS4, but is only in a "sense" a continuation. Just like Ghost Babel was...and game that Hideo Kojima both directed and produced, a damn sight more than this.

- "it's a little bit different from the story I had in mind for what would happen after Metal Gear Solid 4"

Because he had nothing to do with it.

- "as far as Rising is concerned this is a spin off, it's not a numbered title, so in that sense you know I try to take a step back and try not to be too protective of it, you know so I didn't tell them exactly what to do"

He reiterates it's a spin off and then reflects Mr Channell's implication that "not being numbered" means "not part of the series". Regardless of the fact he later tells you to play Ground Zeroes, which never had a number then.

- "I wanted to give Platinum the freedom to do what they wanted to do and create their own game."

So it's their game, not his.

- "I did supervise the project, but didn't give really detailed feedback on every little detail."

Hideo Kojima wouldn't do that. This is the man who was re-recording dialogue at the 11th hour for MGS4 (which apparently he wanted to "abandon").

- "it's kind of Platinum Games interpretation of the story and interpretation of the Metal Gear world, so in that sense you could say it's sort of a parallel story, at the same time as well as being a continuation. It's Platinum's take on the Metal Gear universe."

- "this is a Hollywood movie and it has to be interpreted that way, it's a movie, it's its own medium, so this is Hollywood's take on the Metal Gear franchise and I'm comfortable taking a step back from that as well."

Are people expecting the movie to be canon? Of course, not. Just like the novels aren't canon. Yet he uses the same language to describe both Rising and the movie. An "interpretation", their "take on the Metal Gear universe/franchise" and about "taking a step back".

And then there's the parallel continuation. A continuation of something can't be parallel...unless the subject it is continuing becomes irrelevant, i.e, Rising picks up where MGS4 finishes and what actually happens after MGS4 has no bearing on Rising.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Well just because it's apparently not canon to Kojima's timeline doesn't mean we can't use it in debates. 99% of the time when people mention Raiden they are talking about Revengeance, that was the 'main' Raiden story. Unless the OP specifies which version, I'm just going to assume it's the most recent.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: well he could fight it, just probably won't win. I initially asked why people thinks Raiden wins, based on your reply, you seem to be under the impression I said Slade wins. I didn't, I just asked about Raiden.

Eggnogui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke is a badass, but I think he's out of his league in this one. Raiden is insanely strong, durable and fast.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Well just because it's apparently not canon to Kojima's timeline doesn't mean we can't use it in debates. 99% of the time when people mention Raiden they are talking about Revengeance, that was the 'main' Raiden story. Unless the OP specifies which version, I'm just going to assume it's the most recent.

I think this topic was made before Rising came out and it does say Metal Gear Solid. BUt who wants to dupe a thread anyways?

Round 1: MGS4 Raiden

Round 2: MGRR Raiden

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By renamed040924

@nickzambuto: well he could fight it, just probably won't win. I initially asked why people thinks Raiden wins, based on your reply, you seem to be under the impression I said Slade wins. I didn't, I just asked about Raiden.

I know, I was just giving you an answer.

@slimj87d said:

@nickzambuto said:

I think this topic was made before Rising came out and it does say Metal Gear Solid. BUt who wants to dupe a thread anyways?

Round 1: MGS4 Raiden

Round 2: MGRR Raiden

Raiden massacres both rounds.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By slimj87d
those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By those_eyes

Didn't deathstroke tag the flash? that means he is faster than raiden.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathStroke ftw, cause spite should be met with trolls

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't deathstroke tag the flash? that means he is faster than raiden.

Loading Video...

YES. YES HE DID.

SO OBVIOUSLY DEATHSTROKE NOT ONLY WRECKS RAIDEN, BUT EVERY OTHER METAL GEAR SOLID CHARACTER EVER.

SUCK ON THAT MGS FANBOYS!

Jmarshmallow

Brucey_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is such a mismatch. Raiden spites

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GetOverHere13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiden chops through this battle I see no possibility of Slade winning this

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a rare occasion on here, where I don't see people overwanking comic book characters. Very rare.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee8c9da928
deactivated-5aeee8c9da928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: hulk's power won't do much against swords. He gets chopped up easily. He starts as a thousand tonner and Raiden starts 10x more than that.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 tparks  Online

@mikasaackerman: Awesome. :)

Thank you for saying that he beats the Hulk. :)

I see the low post count, welcome to the Vine!

Parryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiden desreves better than this annoyance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee8c9da928
deactivated-5aeee8c9da928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for synchronized_123
synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By synchronized_123

@slimj87d: Taken from another forum. . "A story running parallel to another, and a parallel universe are two completely different things. Raiden's story runs parallel to Snake's because it is a separate story but still happens in the same continuity."

Btw, Spin-off =/= Non-canon. Crisis Core, Advent Children, and Dirge of Cerberus are spin-offs to Final Fantasy 7. Are they non-canon as well?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By BeaconofStrength

Raiden stomps.

@slimj87d: Also, MGRR is canon. It was already confirmed canon when it was released. It was never claimed non-canon. All Kojima said is it was a spin off of the MGS series. A spin-off doesn't mean it's non-canon.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: It's literally in the post you made a month ago; the interview. He only said it was a spin-off, nothing more. He said it was a continuation of the series. Not to mention it was blatantly confirmed canon in Machinima's IG interview (not by Kojima, though). I'm really not sure where you got the idea that it's non-canon.

Avatar image for synchronized_123
synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: http://mgsforums.com/topic/7660409/1/

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiden b&^%hslaps Deathstroke.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

I agree with Beacon. MGR is completely canon. For the record, I think MGS4 Raiden would win anyway

Carloc21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem is here that raiden is to strong and That stupid molecular warping sword that unfortunately killed wolverine on the count of mistake that death battle made and not only that if deathstroke gets his head cut off its over

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why bump this?

Naknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Naknasty

Lol hasnt deathstroke been killing gods? he has nth metal armour and a new godkilling sword right?

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godkiller DS should stomp MGS4 Raiden, lose to MGSR Raiden.

Regular DS could win against MGS4 Raiden, but Raiden take majority.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Raiden still wins. He's faster and his sword is probably better than the Godkiller

bluesilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiden stomps

SMADABJB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers