bump

why bump? i didnt make the thread but i would like to know why

niBBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Liara or Asari are alot stronger in Lore than is shown in the games. I think that Liara could use two things against Mercer that might work on him. Either Statis to keep him immobilized so that Raiden en Liara could tag team Cole and hopefully beat him in time or, use Warp to distrupt Mercer's healing factor and then try to kill him quickly.

However thats if Liara could surive long enough before Mercer catches her. Liara is pertty fast when she uses her biotics like in Redemtion issue #4 she was able to dogde bullets when she was getting shot at by a Turian mercenary, so she might be quick and agile enough to dodge Mercer. I'm unsure how well biotic barriers stand up against sharp objects like a blade, i know barriers can tank damage from other kenetic energy like explosions and bullets but is impact from a sharp object like a blade different? What would happen when Mercer slashes at Liara when she has her barriers up? would it go right true her?

I know little to nothing about Cole and Raiden only that Cole can use electricity. I heard that his durabilty isn't that great as somebody told me that Cole can die by bullets. Maybe Liara could be gives some extra biotic powers to help her in this fight?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

bump

why bump? i didnt make the thread but i would like to know why

This match sat too long.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex and Cole but they win thanks to Alex.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex and Cole but they win thanks to Alex.

Even with... STASISSSSS!

No Caption Provided

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Liara have electricity in her, Does Raidens suit??

Cole can drain electricity from things...

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell said:

Does Liara have electricity in her, Does Raidens suit??

Cole can drain electricity from things...

Yes, Bio Electricity. However Cole and Mercer are Slower than Liara and Raiden. By a large factor. Will he be able to Drain Liara when she is hitting him with Dark Matter or Raiden is behind him in a flash, blade in hand?

Questions, questions in need of answers.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ghostrider2

@cadencev2: even with that, Alex is hard to kill and he isn't slow, i guess he will have new powers if he consumes Liara.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Liara is the weak link

Raiden is able to take down cole or alex 1-1, but ganged up will be problematic

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

It would only take one screwup for cole to win it for his team. Plus he has bullet timing reflexes also reacting, intercepting & redirecting RPG warhead.

If any of team two gets in close Cole has the power to rip the heat from their bodies.

No Caption Provided

Or

He can lightning storm the whole battle field. WIth lighting that can casually destroy a armored helicopter, burn everything on the battlefield, & when focused sinks a Aircraft Carrier.

No Caption Provided

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Melee with Raiden is a stupid idea, mid range to far range works for Cole

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@nerx: Don't worry it works on long distance he just needs to make sure they down run away during the build up.

No Caption Provided

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: how long is the build up? since I don't recall cole having good healing factor

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@nerx: Two videos. First one is terrible quality also mute (annoying voice) Second is a walkthrough start@ 3:37-3:42 end. Also Ionic drain heals an repower him.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: strangely human timing,

Loading Video...

look at 4:44 onwards (don't blink),

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@nerx: Yeah, it was never used in the comics or cutscene for that matter so it strictly based off game play but cole has minor speed of his own in the comics. Bus still outclassed by Raiden. If Raiden blitzes Cole he most likely goes down but if cole uses his power first he could instakill or level everything.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: they way I see it you have a classic mage/knight pairing, cole charges and fires his mojo while alex keeps attackers at bay to prevent interruptions.

It would only take one screwup for cole to win it for his team. Plus he has bullet timing reflexes also reacting, intercepting & redirecting RPG warhead.

Screwup goes both ways, but if his highlight is intercepting an rpg warhead he is outclassed.

Bus still outclassed by Raiden. If Raiden blitzes Cole he most likely goes down but if cole uses his power first he could instakill or level everything.

Raiden can take some concussive force as the takes down pounding from the senator that even levelled excelcus from the ground.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@nerx: First and second point fall in line with my last post.

I don't know any character here ous side of Cole so anything further I would need feast.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: ding yer contributions with the feats though, nice job man

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: No way.

@cadencev2: even with that, Alex is hard to kill and he isn't slow, i guess he will have new powers if he consumes Liara.

Liara is Hyper sonic Biotic Up.

Biotic Speed

Liara has Hyper Sonic Speed when Biotic Up. Here she dodges Hyper Sonic Mass Accelerator fire after the Merc shoots.

Here she takes out 3 Blue Sons before they can react of fire with her H2h alone! Speed, Strength, and Skill.

Skill, Pull / Throw, and Speed reaction.

Here she is ambushed by the clearly beyond peak human in speed Phantom, it easily blitz the Drell, and uses her Biotics to repel his attacks while slamming a chunk of metal through their head with her Biotics.

Singularity

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Both scans are Singularities. They simply incapaciate ya in a mini gravity well.

AoE

Here she uses her Biotics for a Area of Effect that slices a Steel Room apart!

Barriers

Barriers that can withstand 100+ tons of Ocean Pressure. As well Barriers like this cannon fodder Asari that withstands 6 missiles.

Pull and Throw TK Attacks

In the Game you have to hit someone with the attack. It is a projectile. In the Comics and Movie it is a instant attack like Stasis, no dodge.

Stasis

No Caption Provided

Stasis is instant and freezes you up to 21 seconds. Easy making a 2 on 1 Battle.

Warp

No Caption Provided

Warp is a projectile attack that cancels healing factors. So much for Mercer Healing.

Hardly the weak Link here.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Alex is susceptible to electric shocks, which his own friend and raiden can pack in massive amounts. When you compare their stats together alex only has regen going on for him. I guess liara can handle cole while raiden mulches alex.

good game

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CalebHara

@nerx: Raiden is made of solid metal and cyborg parts. He is basically just asking for Cole to hit him. If Cole goes all out, Raiden goes down in one attack.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: The best thing about Stasis is it is a 21 Second window for Raiden and Liara to tag team alex. Then Liara has Warp which temporary negates Healing Factors and Regen.

Liara is the catch all for anyone here. She has a power to deal with just about everyone.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus.... Team 1.

Liara may have shown some possibly good stuff, but I've played the ME trilogy and she has not shown anything to be on the level of Cole or Mercer.

Liara couldn't even beat the Shadow Broker by herself....

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus.... Team 1.

Liara may have shown some possibly good stuff, but I've played the ME trilogy and she has not shown anything to be on the level of Cole or Mercer.

Liara couldn't even beat the Shadow Broker by herself....

Too be fair, she did.

The Lair of the Shadow Broker like all Down Loadable Content is NON Cannon with the Main Trilogy and Comics.

That said she took the Shadow Broker and Asari Specter, by herself!

Just saying.

Also like Movie Darth Vader < EU Darth Vader. Same scenario here. Game Liara < EU Liara.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cole can whip up Electric tornadoes that sweep helicopters, his shock grenades and Megawatt hammer can really do damage and have taken down military vehicles. Hes fought lots of mutants, and people with power before and always come out on top.

I honestly think his mass bio leech on Liara and Raiden would give him a win, and Cole would be fully recharged, then Lighting Storm.

And cole fought Bertrand a powerful element monster, and can shoot out little spawns.

Loading Video...

Liara is no where on this level of fighting, fighting teleporter that has conduits of power.

Loading Video...

Taking down Bertrand an elemental monster that not even the entire military could take down.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cole can attack at any angle, and thats just with electricity alone, he can use fire or ice in his arsenal. He's way more versatile then Liara or Raiden.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Nerx

@cadencev2: Thanks for her hax she too can take anyone 1-1

I see her putting them in stasis and raiden cutting them into fine cubes

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Nerx

@nerx: Raiden is made of solid metal and cyborg parts. He is basically just asking for Cole to hit him. If Cole goes all out, Raiden goes down in one attack.

oh and he can blitz cole before he can do anything, cole is a meatbag asking to get cut

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: He can't. Trust me, i have played through MGS4 and MGRR, i know what Raiden and Cole are capable of. Raiden can blitz Cole, but he has to close distance. In order to close distance, he has to get through Cole's plethora of attacks. Some of which, can end Raiden's life in one hit.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Nerx

@calebhara:

In order to close distance, he has to get through Cole's plethora of attacks. Some of which, can end Raiden's life in one hit.

He is strong enough to literally chuck heavy objects at a distance , factor in that he is not fighting alone. For team two Mercer is the weak link. But overall he can blitz, since in this thread cole's best reaction seems limited to an rpg.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx:

But overall he can blitz, since in this thread cole's best reaction seems limited to an rpg.

Have you played Infamous? He can perceive bullets. Even if it was limited to that of an RPG, he can still tag Raiden, because, like i said, he needs to close distance. In order to do that, he has to run. Remember that intro you posted above? Remember how right after that, Raiden had trouble catching up with a train? His travel speed isn't nearly as impressive as his reaction speed/perception. Cole can most definitely tag Raiden.

He is strong enough to literally chuck heavy objects at a distance

I'm aware of this, his lifting strength is impressive, but how is this going to help him? As soon as Raiden slows down to pick up an object, Cole lets loose with an ionic storm and boom. Game over.

factor in that he is not fighting alone

Mercer can hold his own against Liara. In terms of actual travel speed, he may just be the fastest one here.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@calebhara:

He tags depends on the range and where they start off, say he did better against the GEARS and the bosses. Also the scene with the train is prior to his upgrades, since he got butchered by Samuel.

With his strength he should be able to throw things faster than an rpg

Mercer is the slowest

TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheIrishDoctor

Cole isn't SO bad on durability. Bullets can kill him, but it takes a decent few of them. His real weakness is speed. If Raiden can blitz him, he goes down. If not (because Raiden's speed feats are highly inconsistent. Look at his final fight with Armstrong. He doesn't seem quite so fast anymore), Cole will drain him before he can do a thing.

Liara's Warp can stop Krogan level regen, because it messes with their cells. It's no different than cauterizing a wound. I think Alex's regen is significantly more impressive than that. Buuuut...can't she just mind-rape him? Does he have any defense against that?

Unfortunately however, I don't KNOW Prototype very well. Cole vs. Raiden? Raiden wins if he can just get Cole before Cole does anything. Cole wins if he can manage to get off a drain fast enough. Basically it depends on how far away they start out...

Liara vs. Cole depends on the local. If Cole has enough cover to play keep away and then obliterate her, then he can win. In a wide open space, Liara crushes him.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cole isn't SO bad on durability. Bullets can kill him, but it takes a decent few of them. His real weakness is speed. If Raiden can blitz him, he goes down. If not (because Raiden's speed feats are highly inconsistent. Look at his final fight with Armstrong. He doesn't seem quite so fast anymore), Cole will drain him before he can do a thing.

Liara's Warp can stop Krogan level regen, because it messes with their cells. It's no different than cauterizing a wound. I think Alex's regen is significantly more impressive than that. Buuuut...can't she just mind-rape him? Does he have any defense against that?

Unfortunately however, I don't KNOW Prototype very well. Cole vs. Raiden? Raiden wins if he can just get Cole before Cole does anything. Cole wins if he can manage to get off a drain fast enough. Basically it depends on how far away they start out...

Liara vs. Cole depends on the local. If Cole has enough cover to play keep away and then obliterate her, then he can win. In a wide open space, Liara crushes him.

I agree with this. Liara would have to make physical touch for any type of Mind Raping and even then exceptional will people can resist it.

She would be better off using her Warps, Singularities, Barriers, Stasis, and Mach+ Biotic Speeds for a win.

niBBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By niBBit

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Kinetic_barrier#Kinetic_Barriers_.28.22Shields.22.29

Under kenetic barriers it says that is does not protect extremes of temperature, does that mean electricity? if so than Liara's barriers won't do much against Cole right? We can give Liara more biotic powers if need be :)

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: yeah i know, nice game mass effect but if Alex has anything to consume he would reform.I didn't know about sonic speed, have to read.Also she better have her barriers up.

Loading Video...

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CalebHara

@nerx:

He tags depends on the range and where they start off, say he did better against the GEARS and the bosses. Also the scene with the train is prior to his upgrades, since he got butchered by Samuel.

Seeing how it is one of the few travel speed feats we see in this game, you really cannot use the argument of "Raiden being upgraded." If the range is 20 meters or farther, he tags. Raiden is in a world of hurt.

With his strength he should be able to throw things faster than an rpg

That is merely an assumption, we have no evidence. However, i have already stated that Cole can perceive bullets. If Raiden spends time picking up an object to throw at Cole (Which isn't at all in character) Cole can easily just let loose with an Ionic storm and end Raiden's life.

Mercer is the slowest

Have you played prototype? He can move at incredibly fast speeds that rival Raiden and Liara's (maybe) travel speed.

@theirishdoctor:

Cole isn't SO bad on durability. Bullets can kill him, but it takes a decent few of them.

This, I don't know why people think that his durability is so bad. I takes at least 5 sniper rifle hits to put Cole down. He indirectly took a missile that levelled two apartment buildings and was up on his feet again in no time.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pokergeist

@calebhara: To be fair, Ultimate Hawkeye took a bomb blast that killed 200+ SHIELD Agents in a building. He is not Missile Durable at all. Just lucky and good at avoiding the worst of the blast.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: A valid point, I can explain, and break down the feat, but I'll save that for our CaV match :)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: A valid point, I can explain, and break down the feat, but I'll save that for our CaV match :)

lol cool.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Nerx

@calebhara:

Will get more feats and calcs, but I can say the 'upgraded' version since the raiden at the end of the game and the beginning are different.

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

very interesting match up but this goes to team 2 cole & alex are too much for the opposing team.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By Hyperlight

this fight is dope