Rage vs Pitt

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sandiego008

Fight to k.o. or death, no BFR, H2H combat, fight takes place in open field, no prep.

Rage by Steve Epting
Rage by Steve Epting
No Caption Provided

Who wins?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jashro44

Got any feats for rage?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NeonGameWave

Pitt kills him.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@jashro44 said:

Got any feats for rage?

Got any feats for Pitt?
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jashro44

@Vance Astro: I will be honest and say my knowledge of Pitt isn't that good. Here are a few feats I don't know if these really reflect his average though.

I have no idea how this compares to rage.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@jashro44 said:

@Vance Astro: I will be honest and say my knowledge of Pitt isn't that good. Here are a few feats I don't know if these really reflect his average though.

I have no idea how this compares to rage.

Nice scans. I don't have alot of feats for Rage, just the basic stuff he's supposed to be Class 75 and he gets stronger and bigger with anger. How strong do you think Pitt is?
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jashro44

@Vance Astro: Thanks. I am not really sure how strong Pitt would be. The only strength feat I have seen is him tossing the giant robot and them stating its not his limit. All though if his strength and durability are connected then he would probably be close to class 100 (I don't know for certain admittedly I am just guessing). He also has those claws as well so those will also add to his damage out put.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8  Edited By owie  Moderator

I'm not a genius on either character either, but based on the little I've read of Rage, and based on those Pitt scans, I think Pitt would beat down Rage. Those claws look pretty serious and Rage doesn't have anything to answer that. I think they'd cut him up, and he's got no healing factor to bring him back.

Wikipedia, which obviously may be wrong, compares Pitt's strength to Professor Hulk.

I don't think Rage's strength increases super rapidly from what I've seen, so I don't think he'd survive long enough for that to have an effect on the fight.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Owie said:

I'm not a genius on either character either, but based on the little I've read of Rage, and based on those Pitt scans, I think Pitt would beat down Rage. Those claws look pretty serious and Rage doesn't have anything to answer that. I think they'd cut him up, and he's got no healing factor to bring him back.

Wikipedia, which obviously may be wrong, compares Pitt's strength to Professor Hulk.

I don't think Rage's strength increases super rapidly from what I've seen, so I don't think he'd survive long enough for that to have an effect on the fight.

1.I've never seen him use it but according to his entry in the Avengers handbook, Rage doesn't have superhuman "recuperative" abilities which I assume means healing factor.   
No Caption Provided

2.Rage's strength doesn't simply increase with "rage", violence and aggressive behavior alone raises his strength. Below is a scan from New Warriors #52 that may explain it a little bit. 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sandiego008

@jashro44: Thanks for scans.

@Vance Astro: Pitt tends to get more violent due to pain inflicted upon him so should be interesting fight.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jashro44

@sandiego008: No problem.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Vance Astro said:

@Owie said:

1.I've never seen him use it but according to his entry in the Avengers handbook, Rage doesn't have superhuman "recuperative" abilities which I assume means healing factor.
No Caption Provided

2.Rage's strength doesn't simply increase with "rage", violence and aggressive behavior alone raises his strength. Below is a scan from New Warriors #52 that may explain it a little bit.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Interesting, his powers do work a little differently than what I thought. And it looks like he has fairly good speed too, enough to outrun a train. But I still think Pitt's claws are probably the deciding factor.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Owie said:

But I still think Pitt's claws are probably the deciding factor.

How do we know Rage's durability isn't too much to be effected by claws? He's ranked a 5 for durability which is "bulletproof". I know Pitt has superhuman strength but his claws could have the same effect i've seen sharp objects have against characters like Thor,Hulk etc. Like Wolverine has claws that can basically cut through anything but when he slashed Thor in the face it made a tiny scrape.

Also is Pitt a skilled fighter and how fast as he? Rage was trained in combat by the Avengers and he's superhuman in every area including speed.
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By TDK_1997

I think Rage wins.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Vance Astro said:

@Owie said:

How do we know Rage's durability isn't too much to be effected by claws? He's ranked a 5 for durability which is "bulletproof". I know Pitt has superhuman strength but his claws could have the same effect i've seen sharp objects have against characters like Thor,Hulk etc. Like Wolverine has claws that can basically cut through anything but when he slashed Thor in the face it made a tiny scrape. Also is Pitt a skilled fighter and how fast as he? Rage was trained in combat by the Avengers and he's superhuman in every area including speed.

I don't know for sure. But I am guessing that those claws, guided by strength around 100 tons (or whatever), are going to do some serious damage. Wolverine's claws may or may not do damage to Thor or Hulk level characters--sometimes he does manage to hurt them, sometimes not--but he essentially has normal strength. Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems reasonable to me. I would think if Rage's durability is along the lines of, say, the Thing or Rhino or so, then the claws could hurt him.

Pitt also has some kind of telepathy/empathy that he can use against his opponents somehow, although exactly how is unclear to me.

I don't know how much weight I'd give to Rage's training from the Avengers, but I do think he's a skilled street fighter.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hyperlight

rage is still a kid. pitt is like putting wolvie and hulk togther. im going with pitt

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sandiego008

@Vance Astro said:

@Owie said:

How do we know Rage's durability isn't too much to be effected by claws? He's ranked a 5 for durability which is "bulletproof". I know Pitt has superhuman strength but his claws could have the same effect i've seen sharp objects have against characters like Thor,Hulk etc. Like Wolverine has claws that can basically cut through anything but when he slashed Thor in the face it made a tiny scrape. Also is Pitt a skilled fighter and how fast as he? Rage was trained in combat by the Avengers and he's superhuman in every area including speed.

If this is rages durability then I think Pitt may take this fight as he is much more durable, and should be able to damage rage.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@NeonGameWave said:

Pitt kills him.

This