Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ra's al Ghul VS Thor

-Round 1. Hand to hand combat only.

-Round 2. Ra's has his standard sword, Thor has a battle-axe.

*Thor has the stats of a human male his size/build.

-Win by any means.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh Thor gets wrecked by dude who throws down with the goddamn batman and actually gives him a fight

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Thor gets wrecked.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Ra's stomps

Avatar image for raustle_al_ghul
Raustle_al_Ghul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm inclined to say that Ra's can win this.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ParagonNate

I'll give this to the guy who has the skill to fight an army for forty days straight and doesn't get hit once.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

bgibs13390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For round 2 does Thor have his powers? If so then he hits him with lightning. If not Thor looses both rounds.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol Ra's is the definition of a jobber, thor one shots due to hi stats

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ra'j wins both rounds

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor destroys him.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins.

Raustle_al_Ghul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ra's al Ghul VS Thor

-Round 1. Hand to hand combat only.

-Round 2. Ra's has his standard sword, Thor has a battle-axe.

*Thor has the stats of a human male his size/build.

-Win by any means.

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raustle_al_ghul: and?????????

a comicbook male with stats of a male his size will easily have the power to one shot

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By XiiX

@bgibs13390: No. Round 2 Ra's has a sword, and Thor an axe to use only(unless punches get thrown along the way, of course).

Raustle_al_Ghul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raustle_al_ghul: and?????????

a comicbook male with stats of a male his size will easily have the power to one shot

He's tanked shots from Batman and Batman isn't little -- he's kinda brolic actually. So Thor isn't one-shotting Ra's nor is he beating him bc Ra's could simply out-skill him and wear him down. The fact that he's jobbed within plot-induced settings has very little bearing in a battle where plot is absent. So I retain my answer until you come up with a better argument.

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raustle_al_ghul: batman isn't even a third of the weight of thor, Ra's is not beating a man who is skilled,muscular athletic build who weighs over 600 pound and itt isn't PiS him jobbing, Ras litterally just has awful feats

beanmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who has more experience in hand to hand combat I'm under the impression Thor is older and been in more fights . I say Thor wins

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: thors Gina be even slower than before and batman weighs I've 290 so he is 1/3 his weight what math classes did you take

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soooo..........apparently fighting Batman>>>>>>>>fighting an army for forty days straight and coming out without a scratch............ok

Question, has Ra's ever actually beaten Bruce? Because that would be worth discussing, and as far as I know he hasn't.

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: thors Gina be even slower than before and batman weighs I've 290 so he is 1/3 his weight what math classes did you take

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_%28Bruce_Wayne%29

my maths is good thank you, your knowledge however is lacking and incorrect

anyway so...... batman routinley beats Ra's even when baman has been badly injured he still routinley owns Ra's, he even beat Ra's at a sword figh which is Ra's own game,

end of story Ra's is awful when it comes to fighting he hasn't ever beat an established character 1v1 without any context

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xXxcarzellxXx

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: your link didn't work and fyi my info isn't false my 9 and 0 are right next to each other and yes your math is still of

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxxcarzellxxx: well the link says from DC website itseelf that batman weighs 210 and thor weighs 640 pounds

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By XiiX

@paragonnate said:

Question, has Ra's ever actually beaten Bruce? Because that would be worth discussing, and as far as I know he hasn't.

Best I'm aware he's only bested Batman while Bruce was heavily drugged. I could be wrong, of course. But from what I've seen the vast majority of the time Batman either beats him after some doing, or downright beats the crap out of him. Next to nothing suggests he's Batman's equal apart from hype.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: Thanks for the info. Now armed with this knowledge I can declare the Odinson the victor here, seeing as I view beating an army>>>almost but not quite fighting somewhat evenly with Batman sometimes and other times just straight up losing.

Raustle_al_Ghul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Raustle_al_Ghul

@raustle_al_ghul: batman isn't even a third of the weight of thor, Ra's is not beating a man who is skilled,muscular athletic build who weighs over 600 pound and itt isn't PiS him jobbing, Ras litterally just has awful feats

Thor isn't a particularity skilled fighter as he gets tagged by truly killed fighters all the time. Most of the people that Ra's has lost to would also out-skill Thor by a mile. Couple this with the fact that Thor is slow as hell in combat against smaller, more skilled skilled opponents and I see no reason why Ra's can't just evade and wear him down. Like I said before, he's taken shots from fighters who aren't little and hasn't gotten one-shotted so saying that Thor is going to be able to do what they can't just bc he outweighs them is unfounded.

And what's with the inconsistency of your stance anyway? First you claim that Ra's personifies jobbing and now he's not a jobber and his feats are just consistently bad?

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raustle_al_ghul: i misused the word jobbing, its not jobbing when he just isnt a good fighter he just plain sucks at fighting, thor has more exerpience, stronger and more durable and he is hown o have more skill than Ra's, i mjsut wondering what proof do you have that Ra's has even a hot at winning when he loses 90% of fights he's ver had in comics and couldnt even beat a weakened batman

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raustle_al_ghul: Almost kind of sometimes nearly sort of beating Batman and other characters isn't a feat, now beating an entire army by fighting for forty days straight and not getting touched that's a feat. Thor is a skilled fighter, it's just that there are many other characters who are way more skilled, that doesn't make him un-skilled

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Round 1: Thor.

Round 2: Ra's.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nefarious: Can I ask how Ra's wins the second round, I don't want to come of as confrontation or pushy, just curious.

Raustle_al_Ghul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Raustle_al_Ghul

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2 said:

@raustle_al_ghul: i misused the word jobbing, its not jobbing when he just isnt a good fighter he just plain sucks at fighting, thor has more exerpience, stronger and more durable and he is hown o have more skill than Ra's, i mjsut wondering what proof do you have that Ra's has even a hot at winning when he loses 90% of fights he's ver had in comics and couldnt even beat a weakened batman

How consistently does Ra's lose to people who aren't more skilled than Thor? The answer is 'sporadically'. Thor is a brawler-type who gets by mostly bc of his high durability and Guardian pride. He's not as skilled as most of the people that Ra's has been beaten by. You can't use his low-end feats against superior H2H combatants as benchmarks when comparing them to someone who struggles against fighters who aren't even on the same level consistently; are you really gonna try to convince me that Hercules, Hulk, and Spider-Man (just to name a few) are more skilled or eve as skilled as Bruce Wayne, Jason Todd, or Dick Grayson? Come on now.

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How consistently does Ra's lose to people who aren't more skilled than Thor? The answer is 'sporadically'. Thor is a brawler-type who gets by mostly bc of his high durability and Guardian pride. He's not as skilled as most of the people that Ra's has been beaten by. You can't use his low-end feats against superior H2H combatants as benchmarks when comparing them to someone who struggles against fighters who aren't even on the same level consistently; are you really gonna try to convince me that Hercules, Hulk, and Spider-Man (just to name a few) are more skilled or eve as skilled as Bruce Wayne, Jason Todd, or Dick Grayson? Come on now.

well all of them mentioned are more skilled than dick and jason, can't remeber the last time jason or dick mde up their own martial art

Avatar image for sirbaronobeefdip
SirBaronOBeefdip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya if this is human level Thor he loses. Ra's is a far better martial artist

Raustle_al_Ghul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Raustle_al_Ghul

@paragonnate said:

@raustle_al_ghul: Almost kind of sometimes nearly sort of beating Batman and other characters isn't a feat, now beating an entire army by fighting for forty days straight and not getting touched that's a feat. Thor is a skilled fighter, it's just that there are many other characters who are way more skilled, that doesn't make him un-skilled

He's not that skilled bc what you're describing has been contradicted by his encounters with other combatants who haven't been noted to possess any sort of martial arts mastery. And when he does face someone who does possess such mastery, he struggles to even land a single blow *cough* Wolverine *cough*

Raustle_al_Ghul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raustle_al_ghul said:

well all of them mentioned are more skilled than dick and jason, can't remeber the last time jason or dick mde up their own martial art

How are any of them more skilled than people who are are literally trained in hundreds of different martial arts styles? They're not. All they have on those members of the Bat-family are are the physical advantages that come with their power-sets. Additionally, Spider-Man was dancing around Odinson long before "Spider-Fu" was even a thing.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raustle_al_ghul: What are these combatants that Thor struggles with, you know the ones who have no skill at all? Since this happens so often I'm certain you can easily put up some scans or links.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raustle_al_ghul: CV ate my post! D:

Anyway, mind if I ask who these no skill combatants are that Thor struggles with all the time, since it happens so often I'm certain that you can find plenty of scans.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I've never seen you go against Thor, ever.

Ra's has the strength of ten men.

@xiix said:
@paragonnate said:

Best I'm aware he's only bested Batman while Bruce was heavily drugged. I could be wrong, of course. But from what I've seen the vast majority of the time Batman either beats him after some doing, or downright beats the crap out of him. Next to nothing suggests he's Batman's equal apart from hype.

No Caption Provided

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I've never seen you go against Thor, ever.

Ra's has the strength of ten men.

@xiix said:
@paragonnate said:

No Caption Provided

MMMKAY? i rarely debate for thor

and wow strength of ten men!!!! hyperbole much until he shows the strength of ten men then it doesn't matter

Show me one fight of Ra's beating an eyablished character without any context??? oh wait you can't

/thread

plus i find it laughable you say im a thor fanboy when you do not acccept feats, your one the few people who actually thinks superman stands a chacne vs most heralds

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2:

Ras has enhanced strength and durability due to frequent use of Lazarus pits.

i know yet he can't beat a weakened batman, he hasnt shown superhuman stats ever

Ra's is good on paper in reality he hasn't won one fight

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2:

Well. Let's face it. Batwanking goes deep into DC writing. Since Batman is one of DCs big three and iconic characters.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#45 god_spawn  Moderator

Yes it is a feat. Giving an established character such as Batman a good fight when the stat gap isn't huge is a good feat. I don't see how Thor fighting a bunch of lesser fodder characters is exactly a major skill feat? Actual skilled street levelers do feats such as that all the time, the only difference is those enemies tend to be stronger in some form and the street levelers don't have godly stamina. And where does it say they didn't touch him once? What if they just weren't strong enough to really do anything against him? There is a huge difference in the level of stats of the Warrior's 3 vs Thor's.

Raustle_al_Ghul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raustle_al_ghul: What are these combatants that Thor struggles with, you know the ones who have no skill at all? Since this happens so often I'm certain you can easily put up some scans or links.

I never said said any of them are completely lacking in skill, just severely lacking when compared to a master martial artist like Ra's al Ghul. I'm not gonna post any scans of the Hulk or Hercules bc, obviously, he fights against them semi-regularly and anyone with a basic understanding of their characters knows that they don't possess any sort of refined martial arts proficiency; Hulk is a brawler and Hercules is a wrestler, always have been and probably always will be.

As for Spider-Man, who has never been portrayed as a notably skilled H2H fighter until more recent showings, here is one of his scuffles with Thor:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now Spider-Man survived that fight due to his speed and agility but you did ask for scans proving that Thor has, indeed, struggled against less skilled combatants than Ra's so here they are.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jashro44

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: @allstarsuperman:Ras was amped when he beat batman in the saga of ras al ghul because he just emerged from the lazerus pitt which gave him the strength of 10 men. In the top panel of that scan which is cropped out batman hit Ras as hard as he could and didn't do anything.

Ras does not normally have the strength of 10 men except after he bathed in the lazerus pitt, but he loses his sanity for a bit.

Avatar image for sirbaronobeefdip
SirBaronOBeefdip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: Batwanking? The same could be said for spiderman or ironman. Of course there's more about the most popular characters. That's why they're popular. Besides batman is one of DCs first comic characters and one of the first superheros.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: @allstarsuperman:Ras was amped when he beat batman in the saga of ras al ghul because he just emerged from the lazerus pitt which gave him the strength of 10 men. In the top panel of that scan which is cropped out batman hit Ras as hard as he could and didn't do anything.

Ras does not normally have the strength of 10 men except after he bathed in the lazerus pitt, but he loses his sanity for a bit.

Ah my bad. Ra's still wins.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#50 god_spawn  Moderator

@jagernutt said:

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2:

Ras has enhanced strength and durability due to frequent use of Lazarus pits.

i know yet he can't beat a weakened batman, he hasnt shown superhuman stats ever

Ra's is good on paper in reality he hasn't won one fight

He beat Nightwing back in the 90's, decimated Red Robin and kicked him out a window, and had Bane at his mercy with a sword to his throat, yet for some reason Bane went with a sword, idk.