#1 Posted by thedevilhunter89 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Area of Combat: Starling City (Late night)

Story Description: Ra's al Ghul, running some international business with local low-rate villains.Try to cut a deal with him by trading more power for an unknown relic. Then through unknown means the relic begins to react and a tear rips open, revealing another universe. from it a barrage of shadow and blades pour in killing the surrounding thugs. Easily dispatching these foreign figures an ominous opponent then arrives, The Shredder....

Perks/Rules: Both shredder and Ra's are armed with basic weapons they are commonly seen with (katanas,throwing stars, hidden daggers...). Both are fit and un-injured and neither have any intel an the other.

Limits: Shredder cannot call apon The Hand as well as Ra's al Ghul cannot summon the League of Shadows.

Prep: None

Gear: Protective body armor (Ra's). Blades/Claws on armor (Shredder). Katana, Daggers, Throwing stars etc (Both also Note: This is the present incarnation of the shredder and Pre-New 52 Ra's al Ghul)

Winner: Whom ever is capable of either killing or incapacitating the other 1st.

#2 Posted by Wolverine08 (45616 posts) - - Show Bio

What are Ra's' best skill feats?

#3 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

What are Ra's' best skill feats?

Holding his own against Batman from what I've seen.

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (45616 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Wasn't he dropped pretty easily by Bruce in Hush? I guess you could attribute that to Jeph Loeb though.

#5 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Wasn't he dropped pretty easily by Bruce in Hush? I guess you could attribute that to Jeph Loeb though.

I don't use Loeb as a source for reliable feats lol.

#6 Posted by nickzambuto (14937 posts) - - Show Bio

They usually go back and forth in their fights, and Ra's has even managed a couple stalemates in the past, though obviously Bruce is superior to him, I would never say Batman can win "easily". Ra's nearly murdered Tim Drake pretty easily and even has a couple wins on Nightwing, though more recently Nightwing defeated him in a sword fight, so I think Shredder is more skilled and would probably win.

#7 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

They usually go back and forth in their fights, and Ra's has even managed a couple stalemates in the past, though obviously Bruce is superior to him, I would never say Batman can win "easily". Ra's nearly murdered Tim Drake pretty easily and even has a couple wins on Nightwing, though more recently Nightwing defeated him in a sword fight, so I think Shredder is more skilled and would probably win.

Not to mention Oroku uses far more lethal force than any of the mentioned Bat-Family members.

#8 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

Ras is awesome but Shredder won't stomp him in a fight.

#9 Edited by MandoViking (347 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna give this one to the Shredder.

#10 Posted by RetconCrisis (4537 posts) - - Show Bio

If Bruce has defeated Ra's in a sword duel, and because Bruce isn't too used to training using swords (as he is more concerned with H2H), I can see Shredder winning.

#11 Posted by ComicStooge (13971 posts) - - Show Bio

@retconcrisis: Actually Bruce has beaten a few master swordsman in his day.

#12 Posted by mudcrab (119 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish to say Ra's , 'cause Shredder cant handle four turtles and a rat ...

#13 Posted by Wyldsong (5898 posts) - - Show Bio

@mudcrab said:

Current IDW series (which is the Shredder shown in the OP) has Shredder handily beating the Turtles and Splinter.

#14 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22979 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong said:

@mudcrab said:

Current IDW series (which is the Shredder shown in the OP) has Shredder handily beating the Turtles and Splinter.

In volume 3, Shredder had to tire down Splinter before fighting him. Also i havent read city fall so no spoilers if they rematch or something.

#15 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Yes except that was a swordfight. And as far as writing it off because it was by Jeph Loeb Batman Hush is actually a pretty good story. I consider it a valid source.

In any event Ras will be needing a trip to the Lazarus Pit. Either IDW or 4Kids Shredder put him down hard. Being in-between Nightwing and Batman in skill level is not enough to beat the Shredder.

#16 Posted by Wyldsong (5898 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: I won't spoil it for you then, but to say that my words remain true:-)

#17 Posted by mudcrab (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: Oh, i guess i simply didnt follow any new stories so i did not know , HA ! , but really now i dont know who would win .

#18 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

@mudcrab said:

yeah, some of those turtles are at least Nightwing level and Splinter could stalemate Batman so that argument has no water.

#19 Posted by Johnnyx5 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Good match. Regardless who wins both would be putting up a sweat. its hard to decide who would win.