R1: Ultimate Phoenix (primez0ne) vs JSA (FirestormFate)

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Teams

Morals Off Ultimate Phoenix (Jean) - represented by @primez0ne

No Caption Provided

Team 1: Justice Society - represented by @firestormfate1919

No Caption Provided

Alan Scott (not possessed), Dr. Fate (any version except Nelson or Nabu), Jay Garrick, Power Girl, Hawkman, Kal-L, Star-Spangled Kid, Mr. Terrific

Perks:

• Minute Prep

Rules

• No power absorption/mimicking
  • Time manipulation may only be used to make one's team 2 mach levels above what they normally are
  • DC Characters are Pre/New 52
  • All teams have perfect teamwork
  • All characters are in character unless otherwise specified
  • Please be polite
  • Fight takes place here:
Abandoned Central Park
Abandoned Central Park
  • Good luck and have fun!

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@primez0ne: Sure. Although I'll go ahead and say TP is not a good bet against this team.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: Sure. Although I'll go ahead and say TP is not a good bet against this team.

Go ahead but we'll see by the end of this what'll happen.

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FirestormFate1919

@thenewbluebeetle007: Could you edit that instead of full knowledge they have 1 minute of prep time. I'll also quickly elaborate on the TP immunity issue. Dr Fate is one of the most powerful telepaths in the DCU. The Spectre stated that he feared V Nelson more than any other TP in the DCU. He has never been affected by any type of TP during his career. Alan is protected by the Starheart, and any telepath who attempts to enter his mind is hit with a mind frying backlash. Hawkman has a very limited resistance, as the Hawk God taught him an ancient form of TP, but his resistance probably isn't enough to resist phoinex (it's only around Aquaman level). Garrick has also shown immunity to TO based on the speedforce altering his accelerated mind. Powergirl and Pemberton have no natural resistance but can be protected by Fate and Alan (both incredible telepaths). Kal L became immune to TP upon his time in another fragment of reality. Even the most powerful telepaths have proven futile. Finally Terrific is granted powerul TP immunity by the T Spheres. The only person ever bypass this resistance was Despero, who is another telepath of unmatched proportions, basically 6/8 members of my team have Great resistance (Hawkmans is only mediocre though. I doubt he will fend of an attack from someone like Jean). I'll elaborate on all this in my opening post.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: I was also wondering grow many T-Spheres Terrific has. Is he allowed to open portals to his dimensional layer to retrieve more?

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: I've started one, and I'm trying to get it done. It's not a great one, as I'm really low on time, but at least it's something. I think I can get it posted sometime today, so you can get started. Sorry it has taken so long. It's only a rundown of my characters and prep time.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

I wonder if someone found those scans of mine on the Ultimate X-Tribute Thread.

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: If my post seems incomplete it may be because of scan troubles. I can't seem to get all of them to load properly.

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4vs

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Primez0ne
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: For me as well. I look forward to gaining some insight into the Ultimate Marvel Universe.

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: Once again I apologize if it seems a little disorganized. My scans wouldn't load properly. If something references a non-existent scan just ignore it. I'll repost them later. For now just read through the abilities themselves.

To start I’m just going to give a quick rundown of the abilities and traits of my team. I’ll work on a battle plan at a later time. I believe that my team is a very powerful opponent given the vast number of members they have who can deal significant damage to any opposition. There really isn't much of a weak link on this team. Many are Kryptonian level or higher, with only a few who are below.

Hawk-man

No Caption Provided

You may think that Hawk-man will not be a significant threat, as he is a low mid-tier character. However that assumption would prove very wrong. Although modern Hawk-man cannot deal significant damage to high tier opponents (At least without the Claw of Horus as special gear), this is pre-COIE Carter Hall. This is before the alien background ever came into play, and before he could be beaten by Spiderman level opponents, fly only at normal speeds, only lift around 10-15 tons, and be heavily damaged by mere ballistics. Back in the Silver Age of which the picture posted refers to, Carter was entirely Nth Metal based. It gave him control of gravity beyond flight and stats, as well as powers granted by the Egyptian Hawk God. This meant his strength, speed, and durability were all incredibly enhanced to the point were he once had an even fight with Earth 1 Superman (who was SA). The Nth Metal gave him direct gravitationally enhanced powers meaning he could amp his stats to great degrees. He was far more powerful than his Earth 1 counterpart at the time. I couldn't find any scans for him, Pemberton, or Kal-L as all three ceased to be prominent after COIE. Anyway, here are his abilities.

• Strength: One of the most enhanced areas opposed to his modern counterpart. The gravity control allows him to use “antigravity” to enhance all of his stats to higher tier levels. His strength was recorded to be around 85-100 tons. This means his punches should at least do some damage to more durable opponents. Although this was named to be his strength range he has often exceeded as well as fallen below it during his tenure (Keep in mind everyone was inconsistent during the SA). His high end feats include battling Superman, shattering Lantern constructs, punching down a building, catching an asteroid (this feat was far over 100 tons), and punching a piece of a mountain to pieces (Again, a way over 100 ton feat). Like I said, scans of old Hawk-man are virtually impossible to find, but I did my best to look. This means Hawkman is capable of some pretty high end strength. During battle his strength can even be further enhanced by Gravitational manipulation. Basically, this Hawk-man is no joke in strength.

• Speed: This is perhaps the largest margin of variation between the two Hawk-men. In the older comics he has actually had FTL feats. These include keeping pace with the Flash, flying to distant planets in seconds, and flying around the world within seconds. While I doubt his reaction speed is actually FTL, he can keep up in speed. He should have no trouble blitzing slower characters (Although I don't recall him blitzing on panel), as he is at least near light speed, and undoubtably hyper-sonic. He has chased Sinestro through entire solar systems within a couple panels. I believe speed will be one of his most prominent advantage when facing opposition. This advantage should further add to this teams already near indomitable speed.

• Durability: Another major amp in contrast to his Earth 1 counterpart. The anti-gravity belt itself grants him incredible damage resistance (likely provided by the effects of a gravitational rift field). This makes him highly resistant to damage, with feats like falling from space and surviving, tanking Lantern blasts to the face (and this was back when Lanterns were Silver Surfer level in power). Obviously, I wont try to argue that Hawk-man could ever hope to take a blast from Surfer, but the general idea is that a powerful blast or hit isn't going to take him down (Not to mention the difficulty of hitting a being moving that fast). I’m definitely not saying he’s going to tank a blast from a team buster, but I do believe he can take some hits.

• Adaptability: Provided by the same field that gives him his powerful strength/durability, Hawk-man can survive under many extreme conditions. He can breath in space, underwater and in many other oxygen-less locations. This is shown by his consistent flight through space and underwater. The field also allows him to endure extreme temperatures, such as those on Pluto. He has been able to take blasts of near 1 degree Kelvin (one from absolute zero), and temperatures really don't get much more extreme than that. Basically, he isn't getting hindered by any overly extreme conditions.

• Flight: This one is pretty straight forward. Basically this is where his combat and flight speed comes in. Just to clarify, his running speed isn't anything impressive.

• Telepathy: Hawk-man has limited amounts of telepathic ability. He was granted various abilities by the Egyptian Hawk God, and was trained in the “ancient language of birds”. Basically an Aqua-man level ability (Probably slightly less powerful though), only for birds instead. I don't really see any birds helping him in any way, and he has never really been shown to use this ability directly on other forms of life. The main way this will contribute to a fight is in the sense that it gives him limited telepathic resistance. While it is no where near the level of someone like Fate, it has fended off telepaths as powerful as Ultra-Humanite. This means a telepathic attack is not completely undefended.

• Healing Factor: His healing factor actually wasn't as good as the Earth 1 version, but it still allowed him to heal from great wounds. However, he cannot do something like grow back a limb.

• Combat ability: Carter is highly trained in unarmed combat as well as a master of various ancient weaponry.

• Magic Resistance: Nth metal allows Hawk-man an extraordinary resistance to most forms of Magical damage.

• Gear: Carter employs various weapons to aid him in a fight against crime. They also specialize in countering magic of all forms. These include:
    • Nth Metal Belt: This gives him the powers that are previously explained.
    • Nth Metal Mace: This allows him to hit with great Power and force. The mace has staggered Superman level beings, meaning the force is powerful. It has often been used to vanquish powerful magical opponents. It can sometimes be used to discharge electrical energy that has dealt damage to high tier opponents. This allows him a ranged attack to be used when he can’t risk an encounter with an opponent far superior in physical stats (like most of the enemies in this tournament).
    • Nth Metal Net: Mostly used to subdue and restrain powerful magic-based opponents.
    • Crossbow
    • Sword
    • Various Nth Metal Knives

I don’t see Carter doing much damage to any Team-buster or Kryptonian level being by any stretch of the imagination, but he is still a highly capable opponent regardless. He could also be an essential counter for magic beings (Although I doubt it will do much good against high level magicians), and might actually be able to tag them given his exceptional speed.

Sylvester Pemberton

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Another lesser known character who I feel will be underestimated. However, contrary to his rather non-threatening appearance, he is a lantern level opponent. He has conveyed power levels on a lunar and once even planetary scale. He has defeated Hal Jordan himself, as well as battled evenly with Alan Scott over the course of his Golden and Silver Age career. He really does have many of the same abilities of a Lantern, but with more reliance on a gravitational aspect of power. His sister Courtney can be looked at for a basic summary on his abilities, but he was able to use them to a far greater degree of power.

• Combatant: Pemberton is a highly gifted combatant, who has successfully brawled Wildcat before and held his own. This will make his strength and speed more effective.

• Cosmic Rod: The same device most Starmen over the years have utilized. It allows unrivaled control of gravity to the point of atomic dissection. This means the rod at full strength can literally rip beings of incredible power apart at the molecular level. It is one of the most powerful weapons in the known universe. I will go into detail on the abilities this Rod grants him.

• Cosmic Converter Belt: Basically modifies all his stats to high tiers, and allows him to create powerful energy blasts and constructs. This will mostly add to the abilities the Rod grants him.

• Gravitational Manipulation: The Rod harnesses the fundamental force to the epitome of its incredible power. The Rod has thrown entire moons from orbit, meaning it can deal some serious raw power. The Rod can also manipulate gravity at a more precise level, such as the atomic deconstruction I mentioned previously. The Rod has quite easily shattered Lantern constructs, knocked Superman from the sky, and even been threatened to raise the Ocean from the Earth (not Pemberton). Given the versatility and power of this ability, he can dish out some serious damage, even to high tier opposition.

• Flight: Allows him to manipulate gravity to fly at incredible speeds.

• Speed: His speed is well over FTL. He has flown through solar systems in seconds, kept up with Flash himself, and even been stated on panel multiple times that he was going light speed. Unlike Hawk-man (Who is likely closer to hyper-sonic) I have no doubt that Pemberton can match anyone in this tournament when it comes to speed. He could likely blitz people, as well as easily sustain a battle with other FTL beings. Speed is one area were Pemberton is going to be a huge problem for any team.

• Strength: His devices allow him the strength to brawl with just about anyone. His strength is FAR over 100 tons, as he is comparable in strength to Supergirl. While I doubt he could knock a team buster out with a single hit, a flurry of millions of hits per second is likely to do some pretty notable damage.

• Durability: The Belt grants him invulnerability to all ballistic level, and most blunt damage. However, where his durability really takes off, is in his force field projection. He can create fields that have resisted hits from Ultraman (Basically a super blood-lusted Superman), and ones that can work on a lunar scale. If he constructs his field, even team busters will have trouble breaking through.

• Invisibility: Pemberton can bend light to make himself essentially undetectable to any and all means of sight.

• Illusions: This same ability lets him create light-based illusions capable of fooling the like of Ultra-Humanite.

• Intangibility: The Rod allows him to adjust his density and make himself intangible or able to phase through solid matter.

• Energy Projection: Pemberton can generate powerful blasts of energy capable of doing damage to various Kryptonian-level beings. His blasts have destroyed asteroids the size of moons, and reached temperatures exceeding those of a star. His blasts at full strength are going to do some serious damage to anyone they come into contact with.

• Constructs: Another Lantern like ability (Although they are not quite that intricate and powerful), that allows Pemberton to generate nearly unbreakable constructs at a great scale. He has replicated Lantern-level constructs many times, although the Rod isn't nearly as precise a weapon as a power ring.

I could go into more detail on Pemberton, but I’m low on time. Basically he is at least as powerful as a prime lantern (far more powerful in things like speed and strength, but less powerful in his constructs). The means he should not be written off, even by team busters.

Mr Terrific

No Caption Provided

Here is yet another man who will very likely be written off as a non-factor, rather than acknowledged for his ability. Michael Holt is a fighter/athlete of Batman caliber, and is considered the third smartest man on earth. He states that his “superpower” is learning. Holt can learn things upon sight, and his brain is constantly solving problems to the point that his ideas were too advanced for even Batman to contemplate. While he himself is a mere man, his tech will have an impact on this battle. He has been shown to knock around Superman level beings like Superman, Captain Marvel, Captain Nazi, and Black Adam.

• Combat ability: Terrific is one of the greatest athletes and combatants in the DCU. He has pinned Wildcat in boxing, countered moves from Batman, and even use nerve strikes to take down a 20 ton opponent. I won’t go into any more detail as combat ability isn't going to help him take down high tier opponents.

• Tactician: Terrific is known as the greatest chess player in the DCU. He sees everyday life as a game of Chess, and he makes sure he always has a way to win. During many of the premier crisis in the DCU he is the one called on to figure out a solution. Because of this he will be directing my team through a TP link the entire time feeding them the best possible ways to win the match. I doubt any team but the illuminati has the tactical skill to match this team. This will be one of Holt’s chief uses in this battle. If there is one man who will figure out how to bring down an opponent it’s Holt.

• Master of All Fields: Holt has a degree in just about every concept known to man.

• Boundless Knowledge: Holt knows just about everything there is to know when it comes to taking down high tier opponents. The Spheres will also continuously feed him constant info on the state of the battle, allowing him to factor every possible variable into his solution.

• T-Mask: A Nano-mesh mask that gives Holt a TP link to every T-Sphere in order to instantly summon and control them. It also allows him to see in every spectrum simultaneously making invisibility futile. It allows Holt to see and examine every variable in the battle simultaneously, identifying any weaknesses or gaps in the opponents defense.

• Electronic Invisibility: Holt is completely invisible to all forms of electronic detection from radar to a simple night vision scope. No machine has ever spotted him, meaning a confrontation with a tech based hero won’t end well for the opposition.

• T-Spheres: While Holt is essential to my team as a key tactician and leader, this is were his value really shows. These highly advanced Robotic drones make Terrific an incredibly versatile and powerful opponent, even for high tier threats. They offer an unlimited amount of powers and uses that make Terrific a threat. Below I will describe the many functions of a T-Sphere. Keep in mind he will be armed with thousands of these spheres in the actual battle.

• Flight: The T-Spheres offer gravitational manipulation that allows Holt to fly at speeds of around Mach 4 (Boosted 2 more to 6 by the time manipulation). He can use this flight as an ariel way of attack for my team to confront opponents. He doesn't use this ability that much, but it can be a fast get away for Holt if he needs it.

• Teleportation: The Spheres can open dimensional gateways to a 7th dimension layer were Holt stores thousands of T-Spheres to be summoned upon need by an on-hand Sphere. He can also be directly teleported to any location that he has coordinates for (including just about every location on Earth). This means he can transverse the field instantly without worrying about remaining stationary for opposition to seek out and destroy. This can also be used as means for BFR. If he sends, say 100 spheres moving at 14 miles per second toward the opponent one is likely to tag him/her, and transport him/her to the other dimension. Here they will be effectively stranded until dealt with later. This can be used for a “divide and conquer” strategy. It can also teleport teammates, and even entire buildings, allowing offensive use of dropping skyscrapers on the opponents.

• Gravity Field: Allows Holt to manipulate gravitational forces to suspend and destroy opposition. He can restrain beings as powerful as Powergirl with this field, until they can be BFRed or destroyed. He can also use this ability to have a sphere launch various items at opponents including large chunks of the ground, trees, and cars. This ability is mainly of suspensive intent.

• Force Fields: This is one of Holt’s more powerful abilities, as it has taken blows from a multitude of high tier beings. The fields have allowed Holt to fight alongside the other high tier JSA members without going down immediately. He has taken a blast from Mordru, who has one shotted Kryptonian level beings with ease. The field can harness kinetic and other forms of energy, absorbing them and adding to the shield strength. This means most forms of energy projection and blasts will be counterproductive. These fields can easily be reinforced by enough Spheres to make the fields virtually indestructible for every member of the team. This already drastically increases the teams defensive systems.

• Laser Grid: Holt can use a Sphere to create complex and high intensity laser grids, and blast lasers at opponents. This can function as an offensive ability in the form of a blast, or a defensive one when circling Holt. The blasts have damaged multitudes of demons and even cut through Dragons that took punches from Powergirl.

• Invisibility: The T-Spheres can cloak Holt completely to the point that he is completely undetectable by any and all forms of vision. This ability has fooled beings with vast super-senses, as well as those who specialize in circumventing the issue of invisibility. Given the sheer amount of spheres he will have he can cloak every member of the team easily.

• Intangibility: The Spheres allow him to shift into another plane of existence, and therefore phase through solid matter. Because this is not just density manipulation it is far more resistant to energy blasts and electrical surges. He can use this to avoid the opposing attacks with ease, all while constantly teleporting while invisible with a private detail of Spheres.

• TP: Holt can even use the neural link he established between himself and the spheres tin an offensive manner by jumpstarting the telepathic surge. This allows him not only incredible TP resistance, but also TP in the spheres itself. He can then TP them from many miles away, and maybe slow some heavy hitters down. Keep in mind how many Spheres he’ll have and the sheer amount of TP discharge.

• Illusions: Use the same technology as the invisibility to create complex illusions capable of fooling high tier beings. These can be generated in astounding numbers to help overrun the enemy, and confuse them leaving exposed defenses.

• Speed explosion: The T-Spheres can be launched at an opponent at over 14 miles per second. This directly liquifies anything with density under a diamond. Because so many people here have lower invulnerability, Holt could launch hundreds of Spheres moving these speeds at an unsuspecting enemy destroying everything. People like Jean Grey, Firestorm, and others with slower reaction times can be easily destroyed by the Spheres. They will be pelting the opponents before they even know what’s going on, and by then high tier characters will be flying through the battlefield at high speeds, and lower ones will be liquified. This ability has been shown to go through the force fields of Sinestro Lanterns effortlessly, meaning it can quite easily counter a shield. However, without astounding reaction time, its going to be very difficult to put up a shield in time anyway. The Spheres have shown to temporarily KO Captain Marvel and knock Black Adam into another state. The sheer amount only adds to this devastating attack.

• Electrical discharge: The T-Spheres can harness molecular stimulation to create discharges of enough electricity to make Black Lightning look weak. The discharge can easily stun Superman level opponents like Captain Nazi. This means it is another ability in each of the hundreds of Spheres capable of high tier busting.

• Information Streaming: The Spheres directly transmit information to his brain through the TP link, feeding him variables so he can easily calculate the outcome of each strategy to find the optimal solution.

Mr Terrific allows the JSA to have an army of mini high tier buster to utilize for many purposes. He will also he a key tactician during the battle.

Powergirl

No Caption Provided

I’m not planning to go into this one because I’m assuming everyone knows the powers and power levels of Superman. Power girl is basically the girl version of Superman. She has feats like moon busting, flying around the world within seconds, beating up Wonder Woman, ect.

• Freeze Breath: Reaching temperatures near absolute zero to instantly freeze opponents.

• Super Breath: Can blow entire building away with high speed winds

• Super Strength: Superman-level (Planet Busting Strength)

• Super speed: Superman level (FTL)

• Super-Senses (Hearing, Microscopic Vision, Telescopic Vision, X-Ray Vision, Radioactive Vision, Spectral Vision, ect): Superman-level

• Heat Vision: Superman-Level (Easily vaporizing entire armies instantly)

• Flight

• Invulnerability: Powergirl actually exceeds Superman here as she is immune to Kryptonite and Red Sun as well.

• Any other abilities of Superman

Basically, a Superman-level character will always drastically help to fight against high tier beings. She could blitz many people in this tournament, or just bombard them with limitless power until they drop.

Kal-L

No Caption Provided

Kal-L is the Earth 2 counterpart to Superman. However, he is much more powerful than Kal-El. Basically his age, and ability to retain his pre crisis power levels makes him far superior to normal Superman. He basically has all the abilities of Superman (previously listed) only amped to higher degrees. His feats include (These are all post Crisis) dropping Superman with a single hit, dropping Doomsday with a couple hits (when Doomsday was destroying Superman in a fight before Kal-L got there), and Beating through many heroes including 3 Kryptonians simultaneously. Kal during Blackest Night was quite literally unstoppable without a plot device (Medusa Mask). He even shattered reality along with Superbly Prime. Also if anyone wants more depth on these abilities I will explain the, but I’m assuming everyone knows Superman’s power levels.

• Freeze Breath: This mostly remains the same level as Superman

• Super-Breath: Same as Superman

• Super-Strength: This is one area were the older Kal-L completely exceeds Superman. His strength feats depict him as VASTLY more powerful in strength. Feats like basically one shooting both Superman and a Doomsday already destroying normal Superman in a fight pretty much prove his superior strength. I will go into more detail if needed, but basically he has around 175 percent the strength of Superman. This is probably the biggest area of amping.

• Super-Speed: Once again exceeds that of Superman, with feats like blitzing multiple Kryptonians, moving faster than Superman can see, and flying through the Universe within mere seconds. This puts him at FAR FTL. In fact, he may be the fastest person on this team. I would argue he is around twice as fast as Superman.

• Super-Senses (See Powergirl): Same as Superman

• Heat Vision: Same as Superman

• Flight

• Invulnerability: Like Powergirl, he is immune to Kryptonite and Red Sun. However, this also goes hand in hand with increased physical stats. He has tanked hits from planet busters without flinching, and resisted strength that one shotted normal Superman with utter ease. During Blackest Night he was bombarded by many Superman level beings without even flinching. He tanked hit after hit of energy blasts, magic, and raw power. The only way they even took him down was with a machine (Built by the JSA) or with the Medusa Mask (plot device). The only physical force that ever gave him any damage whatsoever was his death at the hands of Superboy Prime. He is far more durable than any Kryptonian (and it’s not even close).

• TP Resistance: This is an ability unique to Kal-L because of his time spent in another fragment of reality. The unique properties endowed him with not only power levels closer to pre-crisis Superman, but also a powerful immunity to TP. This is because of his unique connection to reality itself created when he punched a hole through it. This is not just a resistance, but a complete immunity. No telepath has ever even come close to breaking him, and most even stated it was downright impossible.

Some may see Kal-L as just another Superman, but he is so much more than that. I would argue he has a fair shot against most of the team-busters in this tournament by himself. His speed is many times faster than light (a little below Barry Allen level). Is around twice as strong as Superman, and has a RIDICULOUS durability. It’s not going to be easy bringing him down.

Jay Garrick

No Caption Provided

Here is yet another character constantly underestimated. He is often thought of as the “weak” Flash. I won’t go into too much detail, as his abilities are pretty straight forward. He is (contrary to popular belief) FTL. He’s not as fast as Kal-L, but he is still probably my second fastest team member. He’s faster than anyone in this tournament but Silver Surfer, Kal-L, and Thawne. He has shown up beings from Martian Manhunter, Superman, and Powergirl to Black Adam, Captain Marvel, and even Bart. He also has access to other abilities contrary to what many believe. He can do things like IMP, Speed Steal, etc. Here are his basic abilities.

• Super Speed: Garrick’s connection to the speed force allows him to run at FTL speeds, as well as access other speed based abilities. He has easily lapped the planet in under a second, searched an entire city in an instant, and tagged beings from Eobard Thawne to Impulse. He has many of the same speed based abilities as the other speedsters, but to a lesser degree. This still puts him well above a very select few in this tournament (3 to be exact). His reaction time matches his speed allowing him to be incredibly accurate in any blitzes. I could fill this thread with raw speed feats, but I believe you get the idea. Aside from the obvious running and combat speeds, here are some of his other speed based abilities.

• Speed Steal: Same as Wally, Jay is very adept at removing the speed of an individual, and adding it to his own. This can drastically increase his own speed, as well as leave the opponent a motionless rock, without ability to move or think. He can slow even the fastest beings to the speed of a snail, all while making himself even faster. He has used this ability multiple times. He has utilized Black Adam’s speed to make himself faster, and turned Superman himself into a man slower than a turtle. This was all after being chased by Superman across the world many times (once again proving he is FTL). He used this to win against Superman, and can do the same thing to any other high tier beings in order to completely neutralize them.

• Pico-Second Reaction Time: Jay has narrated on how he could experience an entire life within a second, as well as strategized (against a speedster) with Wally and Bart within the pico-second. I believe this proves his speed is well above FTL.

• IMP: He has used this as a threat multiple times before finally using one against Black Adam. By moving at astounding speeds Jay can create a punch capable of KOing just about anything (Remember that it’s technically infinite power). This should work against high tier beings from Surfer to Martian Manhunter. Anyone who goes against this with anything below Superman level durability is going to come out a pile of ash.

• Running on air: Jay has only used this technique a couple times, but he is capable of it. The only speedster to consistently use it was Jonny Quick, who taught it to Jay upon retirement. This allows him to imitate flight in mid air, and chase opponents who can fly.

• Invisibility: Jay moves at such speeds that he cannot be seen by anyone below Flash speedster level reaction (Not even Superman could see him).

• Intangibility: Jay can vibrate his molecules to speeds such that he can phase through solid matter. He can retain this state for long periods of time to basically create an artificial intangibility.

• Plasma: Jay can create mini bolts of Lightning my moving his hands at speeds fast enough to literally ionize the oxygen around him, creating plasmatic projectiles. These have been shown to KO beings with incredible durability. These can also be thrown at around light speed.

• Tornadoes: Jay can spin his hands to generate tornadoes and wind currents capable of toppling sky scrapers and sucking the oxygen from various opponents.

• “Flash” Field: An artificial force field that counters the influence of friction and allows Flashes to tank incredible damage without being harmed. This should let him take some hits on the off chance that he is tagged.

• Healing Factor: His accelerated Speed gives him a powerful healing factor allowing him to recover from injuries as extreme as loss of limbs.

• TP Immunity: A well known quality of all flashes allowing them to resist all forms of TP. Beings from Despero to Martian Manhunter have tried to control a speedster, and all have failed due to extreme acceleration of the brain. The Speed Surge will literally burn out the brain of any telepath who tries to enter his head. TP is futile on Jay Garrick.

I could go into far more detail on his speed feats but basically this is everything I can think of that is relevant to the battle.

Alan Scott

No Caption Provided

I saved one of the best for the second to last. Alan Scott is a true powerhouse who is essentially the embodiment of magic in the DCU. This gives him extremely powerful counters to all magic (counters that make Nth metal look like a toddler lock). This makes him the perfect weapon against any magic encountered in this tournament. He can literally take control of opposing magic and use it for himself. His power itself resembles the power of a normal Green Lantern, however to a far greater degree. Alan is like Hal Jordan amped to the highest degree. His powers allow him to be far more versatile, as well as offering a counter for just about every magic in the universe. Alan working side by side with fate is a combo so devastating it can barely be expressed (I’ll go into why aside from the obvious extreme power levels later). Here are his powers (This is only the most basic rundown as I am probably leaving out tons of information and abilities. It would take pages to truly explain the power of Alan Scott).

• Energy Projection: This is one area were Alan is going to be just about unbeatable. His energy projection has the power that vastly dwarves that of any other Lantern (not including an entity infused being). His full power (before being processed by the Star-heart obviously) has multiversal tier power. This meaning that a complete blast literally shattered the wall between realities. I can tell you now that this blast is not being tanked by anyone in this tournament. While I do doubt that Alan’s going to release this level of power off the bat, he is capable of it. Kyle himself stated that Alan is more powerful than any other lantern. His blasts have leveled high tier beings with utter ease, and he is potentially indestructible, meaning he can continuously and reliably give of these blasts. The blasts have Koed beings like Superman, Wonder Woman, and Black Adam without even being full power. He has even held his own against Nero, who was able to go toe to toe with Ion. One of his other impressive energy feats was damaging Neron with a blast. This is the same Man who tanked hits from just about every attack in the DCU, with taking any damage. I could go on, but basically his blasts are going to do some serious damage to anyone in this tournament.

• Constructs: Alan can create constructs on a level that no normal lantern could ever dream of. He has created constructs to a city wide scale in order to combat individual threats. Basically he can create much more powerful and precise constructs, while also in greater degrees. In fact his constructs are so imbued with magical energy, that they can literally be given life/animated into new beings with the combination of other powerful magics (This will be a real game changer that I’ll get into later). Superior constructs that have gone up against Superman level beings (as in each individual construct) offer superior firepower for combatting high tier characters.

• Intangibility: Alan can go completely intangible by phasing himself into another plane of existence.

• Invisibility/Illusions: Can bend light to go completely invisible and create mass illusions.

• Teleportation: Alan can easily move through time and space through various dimensions and time streams. This means that he can not only traverse his way throughout the battle field instantly, but that BFR would be no problem whatsoever. He could also quite easily BFR opponents directly into the time stream, which will literally tear them limb from limb no matter how durable they are.

• TP/TP Immunity: Not only is Alan a vastly powerful telepath, but also has complete immunity to all forms of telepathy. Once again, this is not just resistance, but complete immunity. Because Alan’s physical body is only a construct (testament to his power over constructs), he is a being of pure magical energy. This means he has no physical mind to TP, and has been stated by the Spectre, Fate, and Terrific to be immune to any and all TP. He also has TP powers (Not nearly as powerful Fate though), that have been proven time and time again. He has TPed entire armies of demons to fight for him, and even used TP to temporarily injure Neron (Who laughed of TP from Despero to Martian Manhunter). His TP later further developed to planetary scale, but this was after Starheart possession (meaning it doesn't count). His TP is a force to be reckoned with, and his resistance is unbreakable.

• Energy Absorption: Because Alan is a being of pure magic he can absorb astounding quantities of magic unharmed. This means blasts of energy are not going to work on him. He has absorbed energy on a dimensional scale, so I doubt anything here can overload him. His energy absorption has even gone up against Captain Atom without faltering, meaning any energy projection or manipulation (including transmution) is nullified. This already protects him from half the beings in this tournament.

• Pregog: Alan has low level pregog, allowing him to see parts of the future.

• Size manipulation: The ring can allow Alan to manipulate his size (Remember his physical body is just a construct) to microscopic or city-sized.

• Strength: The Ring (Which has complete control of Alan's physical state) gives him extreme superhuman strength (the boundaries are technically limitless, but Alan has never been increased above Superman level without Starheart possession). He has however boosted himself to Superman level on some occasions, and used his strength to take out various opponents and obstacles.

• Speed: Another major area were Alan is too often underestimated. His speed is far beyond any normal Lantern as the energy of the Star-Heart connects to his mind directly. This gives him FTL travel and combat speed, that has allowed him to move alongside Barry Allen and Jay Garrick with ease (In fact Jay once stated that Alan might be faster than him). He has FTL speed easily meaning he can think up constricts at incredible speeds, and blitz slower opponents.

• Durability: Like I said his durability is potentially limitless, but is usually constricted to Superman levels at the max because of mental factors (If Alan unleashes too much he risks giving in to the Starheart). Basically though, he is around Superman level meaning he can take some serious hits without faltering.

• Force Fields: Alan’s Fields are just about unbreakable. They have taken hits from reality warpers to entire armies of Yellow Lanterns. They are going to tank some serious damage

I’m going to wrap things up with Alan as he just has too many abilities to truly gage and I don't have much time. Basically, he is a true powerhouse who could give most team-busters a fair fight.

Dr Fate

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Likely my most powerful member of all. This is the man who is recognized by beings across DC as one of the greatest powerhouses in the DCU. I feel he could easily qualify as a team buster on his own given the sheer amount of powers and power levels. I can’t even begin to scratch the surface of his power in this post, but I’ll try to give an accurate rundown in as little time as possible. Basically Kent V Nelson has the magical potential of his grandfather Kent Nelson (The guy who is Spectre level). He has limitless power, but is not an expert on how to use it. However, he can often show glimpses of his boundless power with his astounding feats of power. These include amping his telekinesis above the strength of KC Superman, using telepathy on a planetary scale, creating life, manipulating matter on a city level, teleportation on a planetary level, and the power output to collapse an entire dimension. Here are his basic abilities.

• Energy Manipulation: Fate can manipulate magical and cosmic energies to an unknown scale. He has absorbed dimension-level energy before, and created blasts capable of done shotting anyone below Herald level durability. While he can often job in his energy manipulation he has shown the ability to injure reality warpers with his blasts. Spectre stated one of his blasts could collapse an entire dimension. He has near limitless power in this department to the point were he out-blasted Mordru (who is equal to classic Fate). This may be his most powerful field (he is not nearly as powerful as his grandfather in the other departments). I would argue he has more firepower then the Silver Surfer, as his blasts suggest. He has snapped entire hordes of Lanterns from existence with a mere thought. His energy projection is going to be pretty much unmatched as he displays Universe-level potential power.

• Intangibility: Fate can turn entire cities intangible, with complete immunity to cosmic or mystical distortion. He’ll have no problem transferring his teammates into this unreachable plane of existence. This state allows him to resist the magic of reality warper level beings, meaning no one in this tournament has much of a chance to distort it.

• Force-Fields: Another area that makes my team just about untouchable. Fate can cast shields on a planetary scale, and still resist blasts from powerful beings. His compact shields allow him to resist the tear of the entropy point itself (just about the most powerful defensive feat you can get). He can easily spread these shields to his teammates and still resist anything the opponent can hit him with. His energy absorption will make him impervious to energy blasts, and blunt force has never broken the shield of Fate. Basically Fate can make this team just about untouchable.

• Magical Distortion: Fate can distort powerful magics making him one of the biggest threats to high tier magic users in existence. He has broken the spell of the Spectre himself, and resisted that level of magic power. In this case fighting magic with magic is only adding to Fate’s already unstoppable power. Spectre stated that of all the earthly beings he feared V Nelson the most for his power against high tier magic users and magic absorption.

• Matter Manipulation: Fate is a matter manipulate comparable to Captain Atom himself in the department. He has transmuted on lunar scale during his battles with Mordru. He should quite easily be able to counter any and all matter manipulation used against him,and also use it as a powerful weapon against his opponents. He could easily manipulate the entire battle field to his will, all while untouchable behind his spells (Which have repelled beings far beyond those in this tournament).

• TP: Another ability in which V Nelson was a prodigy even in his early days. He displayed a telepathic influence over all of Hell (Basically a planetary level feat), and even fought Mordru to a stand still. He has easily countered TP as powerful as Martian Manhunter, even calling that childs play. Manhunter later admits Nelson is likely the more powerful telepath. Nelson has repelled the TP of Mordru, who can enslave entire dimensions with a thought. He easily took control of the Earth including Martian Manhunter, Despero, Hector Hammond, Mento, and many more. Fate never even flinched, and even broke his teammates from direct control. Because of this I believe TP will not be a problem for this team. Fate specializes in TP defense (even as a rookie who barely even grasped the concept of magic), and the team itself already has great resistance individually. Also anyone whithout some pretty serious TP defense is not going to take on this team.

• Invisibility/Illusions: Fate can cast illusions over entire countries simultaneously and distort the Universe itself to complex and confusing images. He can sometimes even drive someone insane within seconds of using this power. This is pretty much impossible to work around because it is so heavily magic based.

• Teleportation: Fate can transverse throughout time and space without great struggle while under protection of his previously explained defenses. He can manipulate time itself (sadly only to boost my team 2 Mach levels though), as well as travel between dimensions. He also has great resistance to being pulled into other realms or times, and is unaffected by these abilities. He could easily drop opponents into the entropy point (the end of time space), althogh as i previously explained this is definitively not a go-to move. However he can create and manipulate pocket dimensions, or BFR opponents to The Tower of Fate, where Nelson’s power is infinite. Here he can easily erase any opponent from existence. All he really needs to do is BFR them to his realm. This is an easy way to defeat high tier opponents. He can also travel through the battle field instantly.

• Dimensional Manipulation: Fate can create Pocket Dimensions were physics, laws, and everything else is under his control. These can serve as prisons for powerful opponents.

• Super Senses/Pregog: Fate has a high degree of pregog allowing him to instantly view entire timelines in an instant. His Helmet allows him to process boundless information within seconds. This means 1 minute prep is plenty of time to retrieve full knowledge on the opponent, and info on what they are gong to do. Fate can sense attack before it happens making him very hard to defeat or even hit (especially with his powerful shields). My team will already have an instant advantage in the knowledge department, and even have knowledge on your plan before even going in.

• Super Intellect: The Helmet allows him to instantly retrieve and generate information from other timestreams and dimensions. His hyper-intellect gives him the ability to sort through all this in a mere second. he also gains incredible reaction speed from this same ability.

• Flight

• Pyro-Kinesis: Can control and summon flames and powerful inferno upon his opponents. This Fire is from Hell itself, meaning it can burn through just about anything (including force-fields).

• Empathic Abilities: Fate can easily read and transmit an opponents emotions.

• Superhuman Durability: While V Nelson has never exceeded in this department (he has always been better at energy based abilities) he can gain powerful superhuman stats through magic. Fate can (without a force-field) tank forces up to city-busting. However, if he was punched directly by someone like Superman, then he’s dead. Basically I don't see his actual durability being an issue in this battle.

• Superhuman Strength: Same with strength as durability. His max is around 75 tons, and this shouldn't really do much for him.

• Superhuman Speed: Here is an area where V Nelson has some power. He can move at FTL speeds by bending the space and energy around him. Basically he messes with the physics of the Universe itself to grant himself incredible speed. The Super Human Cognition supplied by the Helmet gives him the reaction speed to go with it. This means he can generate hundreds of spells per second, and properly utilize the 1 minute prep time. It also means he probably isn't getting blitzed.

• Telekinesis: Fate has incredibly powerful telekinesis allowing him to knock around Superman level beings with his mind. He has some of the greatest telekinetic feats in the DCU. He can easily lift entire cities with this ability.

• Creating Life/Resurrection: The resurrection part is irrelevant as it is illegal anyway. The first part is what will come into play here. Fate has shown many times the ability to restore souls, and grant them to soulless objects. Basically he can create life through soul transferal and manipulation. This works in combination with Alan’s constructs (which are specifically reactive to magic stimulation) in a truly devastating manner.

There is undoubtably many more abilities I left out, but this is all that I think will effect this particular battle. Fate is a true powerhouse and has the versatility in his power to increase this team of powerhouses. Fate is probably the most powerful being on the entire team.

Prep Time

Because of the limited amount of prep and incalculable affect the prep will have upon this battle, it is essential that it is carefully mapped out and used in combination. Each member will contribute everything they can to this 1 minute.

• First Fate uses his Time Manipulation to boost everyone 2 Mach Levels. This makes everything more efficient (however slightly), and allows the rest of the process to go un-interfered. This should take 1 second at the most (Probably less).

• Fate now establishes a powerful TP link and defense throughout the team within this same first second. This now connects the team to each other, the T-Spheres, and the Constructs.

• From here Fate uses his pregog to get a rough outline of the battle and full knowledge on the opponent. The actual summoning only takes around 2-3 seconds, but the sorting takes longer. Fate is needed for may more things, so he transmits the data to the T-Spheres through the TP link for hyper evaluation. While the T-Spheres dissect each fraction of the battle to the last pico second, Terrific continues to upload the information streaming to his brain. He knows exactly what your team will do, and his super brain will be strategizing at millions of times the speed it could before. By the end of the prep time Mr Terrific has figured out perfect counters to everything you could possibly do, and transmuted that info to the rest of the team.

• Meanwhile Terrific has his T-Spheres pouring in by the hundred through portals. As each one comes they contribute to the dissection of every aspect and variable in this battle. By the time the prep is over Terrific should have thousands of spheres to aid his battle, and a perfect plan.

• Meanwhile Hawk-man will be priming his TP and gathering an army of New York Pigeons (he has to do something). Since New York is the pigeon capital of the world, he now has thousands of bloodlusted pigeons to fight alongside the T-Spheres and swarm opponents.

• Pemberton takes this time to prepare an army of hard-light constructs to aid in the initial attack. These constructs can damage opponents and contribute as fodder with the pigeons and T-Spheres.

• Kal and Powergirl distribute Nth Metal weapons and armor to all the team members courtesy of the Matter Manipulation of Dr Fate, while harnessing the Nth metal of Hawk-Man. Now the entire squad has nearly indestructible armor to utilize in the battle. This should only take Fate a couple nano-seconds to produce so it won’t cut into his time much.

• Fate and Alan take about 10 seconds to create intangibility for the team and create Force-Fields of combined strength. These fields should be indestructible to all damage, as Fate and Alan’s energy can blend into a single combo. Nothing is getting through these fields. Since Fate and Alan can both effect intangible beings that shouldn't be an issue either. The energies have a unique residual that makes them blend perfectly into a field of magical perfection. They also take this time to cast TP immunity spells and other various protection spells for the rest of the team. From here Fate, Alan, and Jay can get to the real game changer here.

• This will be the final part of prep, and the big part. The team now has a solid plan, solid protection, and a solid army. However, here the three remaining go for the ultimate amp. As I said earlier Alan has the unique residual combination with Fate’s magic. Also the unique properties in Alan’s constructs allow them to be animated by magic stimulation (of great power). Fate happens to possess the power to animate these constructs into actual beings. This means that Fate and can can potentially summon endless amounts of real life DC characters to fight alongside. This means the rest of the JSA an other various heroes. In the scan below it expresses the ability that will be used in this process by Alan. Here it creates various Lantern corps allies to fight alongside Jordan. Most of these sorcerers are thousands of times weaker than Fate. He himself has shown this ability in correlation with Alan once. Meanwhile Jay uses his speed stealing to absorb the speed of every construct with super-speed (I’m not going to use the actual constructs as it seems very unfair). Now Jay has effectively amped himself beyond Barry level in speed, and can pretty much blitz anyone in this tournament easily.

Now the team has amped themselves to be virtually untouchable, armed with Nth Metal weaponry, and enhanced by various other spells. They have an irrefutable battle plan, complete knowledge of the battle, and an army of constructs, pigeons, and T-Spheres to create an epic first wave of power and blitzing. Also Jay is effectively faster than any character in this tournament by leaps and bounds. Jay can now blitz with utter ease, my team could simply out gun yours, or they could BFR you into any number of inescapable dimensions. Your character has no prep, knowledge, or enough reaction time to avoid these attacks. Basically, no matter how the spin it, it’s going to end the same way. My team simply trumps yours in pretty much every category and has no real weak points to be exposed. My team has no real weak link, and many beings with power of at least Kryptonian level. 4 who are far beyond Kryptonian level (amped up Jay, Fate, Alan, and Kal-L), 2 who are at Kryptonian (Pemberton and Power Girl), 1 who can easily damage Kryptonian levelers (Terrific), and 1 with the speed and ability to do moderate harm (Pre-Crisis Hawkman). The way I see it you are out-sped, out-muscled, and almost completely countered.

Of course I could also be completely wrong. This is why I refrained from typing up an actual battle plan until I know more about your character. A post like this one could help clarify ay issues of misinterpretaton. Sorry for the time, but I’ve been incredibly busy lately. Also a few of the scans won’t load so that might be another issue. Hopefully this will get the boring part out of the way. I’ll also apologize in advance for anyspelling errors. I really didnt have much time to type this up so I didn’t get the chance to proof read it.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestormfate1919: To answer your pm question, Thawne will always be 2 mach levels faster than your fastest character, no matter how much You amp them.

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: Even if I amp Jay to Wally levels? That's way faster than Thawne has ever gone. I guess Mach 2 isn't much anyway so it's not a huge problem. Jay has already proven the superior combatant, which should even any odds if I ever encounter you.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestormfate1919: Thawne has solo'd wally, bart and Jay before... but let's worry about our own respective matches first.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao at Alan multiversal , but the IG is only universal

Seems legit

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_god: I'm planning on posting that feat once I figure out what's wrong with my scans. I believe it's in the Alan Scott respect thread if you don't believe me though.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winner plays me.

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: If I do move on that's going to be a tough fight. Other than Serrure you're probably the toughest opponent here (mostly because of Warlocks apparent impervity to magic). Then again I could very well lose this given my lack of knowledge in relation to Phoinex.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Primez0ne

@thenewbluebeetle007: @firestormfate1919: I am not sure if Ult. Phoenix is up to the challenge(especially with Dr. Fate) but I will at least put up an intro and counter. I know just about as much about your team as you do mine so I want clarifications before I make a decision.

Ultimate Phoenix(Jean Grey)

No Caption Provided

In the Ultimate universe the Phoenix is an entity that sparked all life. Eventually it was betrayed by its creations and the known universe banded together to imprison her in middle of a planet called Earth. The Phoenix bides its time till it could resurrect itself through a host named Jean Grey.

Unfortunately she doesn't have a lot of showings at full power so I'll just start with her most impressive feats. This is mostly due to her often keeping a rein on the Phoenix which she won't be during this match.

She can tank hits from thousand tonners easily

Even a blast from Ult. Silver Surfer who has the power of a sun in him.

No Caption Provided

Her TK is powerful enough to quickly overpower Sue Storm's shields which have held up to powerhouses like Hulk, Hyperion, and nuclear explosions.

No Caption Provided

She has also picked up and atomized a large portion of land with a nuclear power plant before.

For speed feats she has caught Ult. Quicksilver, who runs so fast he has burned up another speedster on the molecular level, mid dash. Note that this was Jean Grey after she takes the guise of Karen Grant and at the time was separated from the Phoenix so she should actually be faster in this tournament.

She has also traveled faster than light scanning the universe looking for heaven and was able to stop in front of Silver Surfer.

Combine all of this with her time manipulation and she should be very much capable of keeping up with your team speed wise.

Counters

• Can you show me instances of Dr.Fate being able to send his future visions to something like the T-spheres.
  • How often does Jay Garrick actually use speed steal morals on in a match? Also can you provide evidence of him being able to go FTL?
  • How well do these force fields protect you against inside TK attacks?

I will base my next actions on the answers.

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: It might be a while until I get back to you. I'm pretty swamped with school work right now.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6 days

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: Would Fate be allowed to sit the team at the Tower of Fate and send armies of demons and constructs at the opponent while away from the battlefield or do they have to be present during the battle? Also can Fate retrieve things from the Tower of Fate during prep?

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: @thenewbluebeetle007: Ok. When you are FTL a minute is a very long time. Plus a team allows you to multitask with great efficiency. Kara and Kal are both FTL, and serve no prominent purpose in the current plan of prep. They could easily be sent to gather items from the Tower of Fate. I might not even use this, it's just nice to have options if a problem arises.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestormfate1919: You have already posted your prep. I would warn against constantly changing what you say your team does during prep and the battle but you can do what you think is best.

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne:

Sorry for the substantial delay, but I’m just going to post some quick scans to confirm each of your complaints, as well as sort through the rest of the info here. As for Dr Fate, he really is a beast. Many assume that every version but Nabu and Kent Nelson are minor threats, but I’d argue that Hall and V Nelson are teambusters, especially when they properly utilize their abilities (Which won’t be a problem here).

• That first feat really isnt a problem. 1000 tons is nothing when it comes to high tier strength. Actually Aquaman has an 800 ton feat on his resume’. Kal-L (Likely the strongest member of this team physically) is a casual planet buster. He has nearly twice the strength of normal Superman (Keep in mind that he’s essentially a remenent of the times when Superboy sneazed Solar Systems apart) , and he is already a planet level character. He has easily moved super-planetary objects, and even knocked Mogo (The Green Lantern sentient planet) around in his fight with Superboy Prime (Who ends up killng him). Now to put that into perspective, Earth (An pretty average sized terrestrial planet) weighs around 5.972 sextillion tons (1000 Trillion). This puts Earth somewhere in the range of 5,972,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons. Once again, 1000 (or even 1 million) tons isnt anything compared to what this team can do. Even if it was, there are many ways to win this apart from physical means.

• The Surfer feat is pretty impressive, but both Alan and Fate have energy projection far exeeding that of the sun. Sylvester Pemberton can actially raise his blasts to the temperature of the core of a star. This is easily as powerful as that blast was, and he isn’t even a premiere energy man on this team like Fate and Alan. Power-girl and Kal-L have heat vision stated to have the power of a star, so that’s three who can easily replicate this feat (or even exceed it). Terrific can even open a dimensional gateway to channel star-level energy through each individual T-Sphere, and he has thousands of those. An army of star-level blasts should have a lot more effect than one. Then we some to Alan, whose blasts have shown multiversal power levels at their (non-possessed) peak. He has incinerated entire planets and re-ingnited entire stars. These feats (which really are pretty common) dwarf anything in that scan. Fate has collapsed an entire dimension with his most powerful blast. Energy attacks on this team make that one look pretty insignificant. Even if it was, they don’t need energy based attacks to win this.

• This third one isn’t a threat either. Pemberton, Alan, and Fate have shields far superior to that one. Hulk in the Ultimate universe has been floored by Cap, and took significant damage from Wolverine. Hyperion was also pretty nerfed as his most impressive feat I recall from my research is the meteor one. This meteor was a fraction of a fraction the weight (also factoring in momentum and acceleration) that most of this team can bust. The only people that shield is keeping out are Hawkman and possibly Pemberton (but this is pretty unlikely). If it is a threat the entire team (except Hawk-man) can go intangible. As for the field-busting, that won’t be an issue either. Alan has city-spanning shields that have taken hits from an army of Kryptonian level beings (at least equal to Hyperion). Compact ones around 8 people who already have their own field boosts, and a second layer field from Fate arent going down to that level of force. Fate has shields that tanked hits from a reality warper, and trapped a god inside (before unleashing powerful energies to literally wipe him from existence). Fate’s shields alone won't have any problem tanking those telekinetic attacks (especially when he could quite easily replicate that very feat).

• This one is a pretty solid feat. I could see that being a game changing attack, but it wont help much here. Fate and Alan both have extremely high end matter manipulation feats. Alan literally can't be manipulated because he has no matter in his body. His physical form is simply his imagination, and he is actually pure magical energy. As for Fate, he is a high level matter manipulator (his feats far exceed that with things like manipulating a god, erasing entire cities from existence, and transmuting an entire moon-sized mass to Nth Metal. He can counter any feats of matter manipulation she uses, and resist them quite easily. Because the Helmet allows him to operate in multiple plains of existence simulataniously the laws of time, space, and physics don’t necessarily apply to him. This gives him resistance to things like dimensional BFR, TP, Time Manipulation, and Matter Manipulation. Terrific has limited resistance due to his T-Spheres (which can be sent in masses to guard each member of the team) which have tanked transmution from the likes of Firestorm and Mordru (A reality warper). Fate can guard the rest of the team as well, and everyone except Hawk-man and Powergirl already have resistance to the ability.

• As for the FTL speed that won’t make a huge impact either. The T-Sphere army can already go close to FTL and there will be thousands of those. Even with those speeds a lack of prep will leave her unprepared for thousands of Spheres flying at her with near equal speeds. Even then everyone here but Hawk-man is FTL. Pemberton has flown across solar systems within seconds, Fate can break down the universal properties around him to move FTL with ease. Alan and Power-Girl have speeds consistent with those of Superman who is far and away FTL. Kal-L is like twice the speed of Superman, and has flown accross the univerese within seconds (A feat that makes traveling around in weeks look pretty terrible in comparison). Terrific will only move at Mach 2 above normal human speed (given the time manipualtion of Fate and Alan), so he won't be much of a speed threat. Finally Garrick can already move at a couple times the speed of light, and he will be enhanced by an ungaugable amount. He’ll be expoentially faster due to the incredible amping supplied by Fate and Alan. He can steal the speed from dozens of FTL beings, making him comparable to people like Wally (or at the very least Barry) in speed. He can now easily blitz Phoinex and steal here speed. She is now a statue completely vunerable to any number of options. She can’t even think so none of the other abilities would do any good.

• Now for the Quicksilver feat. First of all does Jean actually tag hm with a precise attack (demonstrating impressive reaction speed) or is it more of an area sweeping attack? Either way this won’t matter. Amped Jay will quite literally be around (and I actually calculated this out based on rough estimates) 6,784,000,000 times faster than Ultimate Quicksilver (actually this number is using values that were mostly brought down, so it is larger in reality). I get that this version is faster than the normal one (who is tagged by Cap and Cyclops every other encounter), but it won't make a difference. An unamped Jay still makes Pietro look like a statue. The only way Pietro would beat Jay in a race was if Jay had the flu, both his legs hacked off, and was army crawling across a path of nails. And that’s still a maybe. Pietro just isn’t comparable to any of the flashes. Even so, Jay could easily phase through an attack like that with Fate supplied magic or by vibrating his molecules, so it’s not an issue either way.

• As for the time manipulation itself, that is completely useless in this fight. Mach 2 is nothing in a fight full of FTL characters. Just to give a number to this claim, the speed of light is around Mach 881,000. Now assume most of the characters on my team are around 5 times light speed (that’s being genourous in terms of speed), now that is equal to Mach 4404955.45. Now compare that to an amped Jay and it’s multiplied to incalcuable amounts. With the example of Mach 5 that is like there was a boxing match between people, and one was 0.0000000000454 percent faster than the other. It really doesn’t make a difference. This would be FAR less significant when reffering to Jay and Kal who will be much faster. I know you didn’t really claim this factored in much (especially given my team also has access to this ability), but just to be sure everyone gets it doesn’t I wanted to get into this breifly.

Counter Responses

• First off is Fate and his future visions. He has often utilized this ability quite casually in enounters with powerful opponents like Phoinex. The scans below (which I’ll go into further detail on) show him moving into the future to sort through a time vision millions of years past the current time. He does all this within an unperceivable amount of time meaning it won’t even dent my prep time (a process Fate is quite involved in). He navigated millions of years to an exact moment in an entire timeline, so looking a couple of minutes in advance at what Jean does is not a problem (and can be accomplished in mere picoseconds). Not only does this show his accuracy in this clarvoyence (as well as his pinpoint precision in using it), but it also shows him transmitting the vision to Mordru. If he can force this experience upon a capable reality warper, giving them to a coherant human teamate is not any issue whatsoever. From here it is simply a matter of Terrific transmitting the information to his T-Spheres through the links in the mask. Given Terrific controls all the Spheres through a TP link (as demonstated in some of these scans), he can transmit this info with ease. The Spheres were literally built to store and decipher his ideas by running complex alhorithms (exactly what they will be doing in this battle). While I don’t have actual scans of this process on hand, the ones I do have form a quite palpable explanation. Given Fate can easily tranmit the info to Terrific, and he can in turn transmit it to the Spheres, this process is really not an issue. This part of prep will run perfectly smoothly.

• Garrick has used it about as much as Barry does. He has used it 4 times that I recall, and I have two seperate scans. In one he steals the speed of Superman, and in the other Black Adam. Both these characters are well above FTL, and still have their speed easily stolen. These scans provide all the evidence needed on this topic. As for the FTL speeds, I also got some scans of that. Given that he is consistenly showing up confirmed light speedsters like Black Adam, Superman, Martian Manhunter, GL’s, Captain Marvel, ect., it is reasonable to assume he is FTL without cannonical evidence, but I still gathered some anyway. This part of prep won’t be an issue either.

• Since this fight will be over before Jean can even think, this doesn’t matter much anyway, but the fields have sufficient protection. Mordru has TP on a planetary level (even enslaving an enitre galaxy with a mere fleeting thought). He has made fools of Martian Manhunter to Despero in terms of TP, and yet Fate was able to block it from effecting himself and the JSA. He also showed up a pantheon of Gods in terms of TP, and resisted attacks from the Spectre. Given the amount of times he has been the reason the JSA is unaffected by some planet-enslaving telepathic being it is quite reasonable to deduce that TP attacks are not an issue here. As for the TK attacks, they aren’t getting inside the Fields (even if they did intangibility would still be an issue). The Fields literally create a dimensionally and molecularly sealed rift. They allow a literal rift between planes of existence meaning a penatrating force from inside is really quite futile. This is why the shields can repel spirits and intangible beings. It’s not a simple Force Field like those of someone like Sue Storm. THis attack would also be useless (especially when the battle is over before Jean can utilize her TK to it’s full extent anyway).

Worst Case Scenarios

Obviously the team could just go the easy route and over power Jean. Here are some other ways the plan could work out if Jean somehow avoids the initial blitz or repells any after attacks (and I seriously doubt these will even be needed). Fate will know what will and won’t work beforehand, so these are all perfectly applicable.

• Jay goes all in: Here Jay goes all or nothing on the blitz. Rather than only stealing construct speed, he uses Fate to amplify his range and absorbs the speed from everyone on the team (except Fate and Alan). Now he has speed from all the constructs, all the T-Spheres, Kal, Powergirl, Hawkman, Pemberton, Mr Terrific, and an army of pigeons. He then blitzes even more boosted than the prfferable plan and steals Jean’s speed. Fate proceeds to BFR her inside the Rock of Eternity were she will be ripped apart due to a lack of magical embodiment.

• The team falls back: Here the team would simply teleport to The Tower of Fate were not even Spectre could reach them. From here they can still summon T-Spheres, Demons, Entities, Spirtits, Contructs, and more all while safe in the Tower. Fate could also BFR Jean from within the Tower. She has no way to reach the team.

• Jean TK Shields overwhelm Jay: This one is very unlikely because Jean needs to react to actually put up any TK Shields, but this is worst case (and most unlikely case). Here the plan goes the same as the first worst case scenario plan, but Jay instead tranfers his speed to Kal. Now Kal wields Barry-Wally level speeds, and the power to bypass any TK that gets in his way (Imagine an IMP with double Superman level strength).

Like I said these are all very unlikely to be needed, but they are just in case scenarios.

Scans

Here are some scans I compiled to help answer some of your questions.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I’m starting with the Alan multiversal-power blast feat. Someone earlier expressed their disbelief in the fidelity of this claim, so here is the feat. Basically Alan blasts a multiversal rift shut with the Green Flame by expressing near limitless power. This is a blasting feat that dwarfs anything Jean has done.

No Caption Provided

This is another Alan scan to enforce the statment that the only reason he has any weaknesses at all (as in vunerability to physical damage) is because he believes he should. However given that he is pure energy, TP won’t work on him.

No Caption Provided

Here are some feats expressing the TP link Terrific has established with the T-Spheres. These can reinforce the Fate-to-Sphere information tranferal ability. In the first scan Terrific explains how his Spheres literally pick up and amplify thought waves. He is being profected through the Spheres while his mind is barely even functional (he is the one being operated on in the scan), hence the amplification of thought. This should be sufficient for explaining the foundation of the reltion the Spheres will have to a TP connected team.

No Caption Provided

Here Terrific uses his T-Spheres to utilize TP to overload a telepathic villians brain (he already has TP resisnatnce so it makes the feat even more impressive). This further supports the telepathic nature of the T-Spheres, only utilized in a more offensive manner.

No Caption Provided

I’ll start with one of my two speed stealing feats. Here Jay uses the speed steal to freeze Superman, and far enhance his own speed. This will be used heavily in this match.

No Caption Provided

Here he uses speed steal again against Black Adam to freeze him and enhance his speed far past FTL. Once again this will be used heavily during the fight as previously explained.

No Caption Provided

This first one is pretty straight forward. Basically Jay tags Flash who is many, many times FTL (like dozens-hundreds of times faster). Granted Flash wasnt really fighting back but Flash still stated that Jay moved faster than he could react. Although part of that can be contributed to being caught of guard, Jay should still get props for a feat few could replicate.

No Caption Provided

This one is also pretty straight forward, as Jay and Bart tag Eobard Thawne, a Barry Allen level speedster. Both are inferior in speed to Thawne, so this is an imressive feat of combat ability when in motion. Granted, Thawne did own Jay before that so it wasn’t one sided. However Thawne is far above FTL, so this tagging puts Jay FTL as well (Although to a lesser degree). He also sustained a solid speed with Bart, who is known to move many times the speed of light quite casually.

No Caption Provided

Here Jay pretty much says that Superman is inferior in terms of speed and can’t catch the runaway Barry. Superman shows notable fatigue (and he has Kryptonian level endurance), while Jay shows no tire whatsoever.

No Caption Provided

This next one is in succession with the previous one, were Jay essentially leaves Superman in the dust to catch up with Barry. Notice Superman realizes he can’t contend with Jay when it comes to speed. Superman is a character far FTL, and yet he is dwarfed by Jay. This once again proves his FTL speeds.

No Caption Provided

This is during a battle with Black Adam (A FTL character) were Jay essentially blitz fights Adam all within the pocket of a pico second. Even heroes around who have substantial superspeed (GL, Wonder Woman, ect. Basically people commonly accepted as FTL) are mere statues during the course of this conflict. This alone puts Jay well above FTL.

No Caption Provided

In this scan Jay easily blitzes another speedster from the Fourth Reich. He quite casually destroys her, and does so with minimal effort. This same opponent evaded Wonder Woman (FTL) with utter ease.

No Caption Provided

Here Black Adam and Jay are forced to race each other, and they lap the world within the second. If they lap the earth within a second that is easily 25,048 miles per second (rough estimate based on the starting point. The equalateral distance of Earth is around 24,902 miles). This converts to about Mach 118,460.28. Take into acount the spacial apparatus of the Earth in relation to a vaccum of space (accounting for Friction and Momentum), this value can be rounded up to around Mach 150,000. It may not be Jay’s most impressive feat, but that’s pretty fast when you really think about it.

No Caption Provided

Finally in this scan Jay reaches the speed of light after even Black Adam begins to falter. This one is probably the most straight forward as it explicitly states his speed.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here is the first of my Dr Fate scans. I wanted to post more but they can be hard to locate, and the scan policy prevents me from pulling lots of scans from a single source. Anyway, these two scans express a pretty impressive feat of molecular transmution (not even one of the more high end ones either). Most of these scans are Hector Hall but they should give you the idea of V Nelson (technically Hall feats apply anyway because this is composite Dr Fate, so it doesn’t really matter either way). Here Fate (back when he still took legitiment time to cast spells as he has to seek guidance from Nabu) transmutes an entire army of magically enhanced Super-Beings into Hawks. The delay depicted here won’t apply in the battle but these are just to give you an idea of a basic feat for Fate in terms of molecular manipulation (he later has some higher tier ones as well).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here Fate is resisting being manipulated by a being of pure Chaos. This is a guy who pwned the entire Olympic Pantheon, and he tries to use Fate to rule the Universe/Multiverse. Fate already resists powerful TP that has crippled Gods (literally), and then uses his power to esentially erase this being of immeasurable power from existence. Here Fate depicts his control over both the Forces of Order and Chaos. He unleashes his powers of Balance to create a blast to impair a guy who tanks planet busting attacks casually. This entire encounter takes place in another plane of existence because of the devastation an encounter like this would have on earth. Here he specifically utilizes his powers over Chaos energy in the universe. He creates a dimensional rift, that literally removes the Order from the fabric of reality. As Fate states, without a balance, the Universe falls apart. He used this attack to subdue and destroy reality warpers, so I doubt Jean is surving that attack (it’s literally impossible to survive). Because Fate is the balance of both, he can remove one to create devastating effects for the oppoenent. This attack is basically an auto-win against opponents Fate finds hard to put down. This could easily come into play upon the need to dispose of Jean after the speed steal. Fate can also use this same ability depicted here to drive an telepath who tries to enter his mind insane. This makes his TP defenses quite literally unbreachable for Jean. Fate can easily destroy Jean is she attempts TP on him, or insta-kill her with this “Chaos-Bubble”.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These three scans depict various factors that will weigh in on this battle. In this first one, Fate casually waves off an entire high tier team. He does this effortlessly, and shows his power over reality itself by moving them into a seperate dimension instantly. Also notice that Captain Marvel, Jade, Jakeem Thunder, and more high tier characters find themselves unable to escape. He manipulates the reality itself surrounding him as depicted by the “Rainbow Energy”. This represents the very flow of energy in the universe wether depicted in the source or as flowing throughout the timestream itself. Fate easily deflects a blast that one-shotted everyone from Captain Marvel to Superman. This alone shows he’s capable in defending powerful attacks (Keep in mind he’s fighting a reality warper here). In the second scan they move through entropy (the time stream) itself were any normal being is ripped to shreds in an instant. However, Fate is able to sustain a fight here in the most powerful force that drives the DCU itself. He explains his ability of seeing the fate of others he chooses to, and then efforlessly deflects another magical attack. Mordru the reality warper who pretty much soloed the DCU is being beaten by one man, Dr Fate. This alone should put Fate top of the DCU hero chain. Finally Fate looks into Mordru’s future and uses TP to channel the result to Mordru for him to watch, all while dominating him in astral form. He pulls Mordru into the future itself to witness the Legion of Superheroes. This is the final component that works in compliance with the Terrific TP link to effectively prove the first part of the plan is pretty much fullproof. He can stream the future images to Terrific and through the T-Spheres just like in my original post. Not only does this scan show Fate’s ability, but depicts his unmatched magic firepower when facing down a man who goes beyond Gods themselves.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Finally these last two series of scans depict the later imprionment of Mordru within the Rock of Eternity, were no one can ever escape, and anyone without exeptional resistance to magic will be have their very souls burned out. Fate could easily BFR Jean here to die as another insta-win for the JSA. Here Fate unleashes his power to subdue Mordru and destroy his spells. He explains that he is much more than a mere Lord of Order, and s the embodiment of the entire magical spectrum. Finally he Teleports Mordru within the Rock of Eternity itself, for eternal imprisonment. This depicts magic he could use against Jean, as well as options in terms of BFR.

I hope this post clarifies your questions, and if not I’m happy to go into further depth. Basically, my team just has so many ways to win this battle because of their versatility and power.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestormfate1919: I have to admit that I can't win with Dr. Fate on your team. He just brings the right powers that allow your team the win. I at least learned a lot abiout the JSA though. @thenewbluebeetle007 you can move firestorm to the next round.

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestormfate1919: Mind you it was only because of Dr.Fate. Jean would have spanked the rest of them.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Primez0ne: sure. Thank you for participating, and I hope to see you in my tournaments in the future!

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Primez0ne: sure. Thank you for participating, and I hope to see you in my tournaments in the future!

A problem I always have with high tier tournaments is picking a good team but I may in the future. Thanks for being a good host.