Quinlan Vos vs Ki-Adi-Mundi

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Silver2467

At the request of ShootingNova, I present to you: an SW battle thread. Enjoy.

Quinlan Vos

No Caption Provided
VS

Ki-Adi-Mundi
No Caption Provided
Scenario: On an undercover mission for Count Dooku, Quinlan Vos is forced to lay waste to a secret Republic outpost on Taris. While there, he runs into Ki-Adi-Mundi, who was not appraised to Quin's activities and simply believes him to be a Jedi renegade operating for the CIS. Quin is not interested in fighting another Jedi but to maintain his facade of loyalty to the Sith, he sees no other choice, as failure in this instance would mean losing the chance for learning vital information from Dooku. Ki-Adi intends to return Quin, alive or otherwise, to the Jedi Temple.

Rules:
  • Standard equipment for both.
  • Regular morals and mindsets apply.
  • Random encounter. No prep or knowledge of the other.
  • Victory by death or KO.
  • Combatants begin fifteen meters apart.
  • Battle takes place in the undercity of Taris, unpopulated.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I'm giving this to Vos for now, due to the proximity. I might give it to Mundi due to possibly better TK feats if they were farther apart, but I think Vos is the better duelist.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ShootingNova

Probably Vos....

@JediXMan said:

I'm giving this to Vos for now, due to the proximity. I might give it to Mundi due to possibly better TK feats if they were farther apart, but I think Vos is the better duelist.

Agreed.

Maybe thirty or thirty-five would be sufficient. Vos is probably a greater duelist, and if Mundi can't use his TK to its best effect, he's probably going to lose.

LOL, Silver, I thought you said you hated wiki sources..... :D

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Silver2467

Not really convinced that Ki-Adi is a better telekinetic. Ki-Adi's best TK feat is lifting a skiff out of sand on Tatooine.

No Caption Provided
This is a good showing, but Quin has telekinetically stabilized a massive boulder that Aayla and a Morgukai were fighting on as it drifted in lava and maintained this control until she leapt off it. 

Ki-Adi's feat might be better but not by a significant margin at least. If nothing else, I doubt Ki-Adi is more powerful to the extent that he could just overwhelm Quin all at once.

Regarding dueling skill, I could see a case being made for either side on that, which is why I consider this a close match. Quin has fought two Morgukai while injured (beat one and lost to the other due to injuries), beat Tol Skorr, and beat Kadrian Sey. He also defeated Volfe Karkko and Sora Bulq, but both of those were circumstantial victories which were induced by special revelations and choices on Quin's part pertaining to the Force. Ki-Adi just has few dueling showings. However, he did hold his own longer than any of the other Jedi against Grievous on Hypori, while already fatigued from combat no less. And, if we are acknowledging this at least, Ki-Adi fought evenly with Asajj Ventress for a brief time in Crash Course (we can include or exclude that at our own discretion). The real disparity here is that Quin's opponents have few to no dueling feats. The Morgukai fought Aayla Secura but were never shown to be superior to her, if memory serves. By contrast, Grievous and Ventress both have a wealth of feats to surmise their adeptness from. The only problem is that I have long considered Grievous' duel on Hypori poor writing; so I will be the first to cede that it might be somewhat hypocritical on my part to now list it as a valid showing. But in my defense, Grievous vs Ki-Adi should play out the way it did in that event; Ki-Adi gives him a fight but eventually loses. The fact that Ki-Adi was not at peak condition at the time and the fact that Ataru, his preferred lightsaber form, is not well-suited to fighting multiple enemies or a single enemy with multiple weapons speaks well of his prowess. Ventress, well, TCW is generally better ignored. 

@ShootingNova said: 

LOL, Silver, I thought you said you hated wiki sources..... :D

I always include that just for general overview, as per the battle forum rules.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467: I know, I was joking with you.

I have to go, so I'll post the full argument later.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467: That hat makes Mundi look like some Chinese old man.....

Indeed, Ki-Adi Mundi has shown high levels of saber prowess. Not to mention that one of Ataru's weaknesses was blaster fire, and Mundi held his ground fairly well in multiple fights which included blaster shots. He also deflected blaster bolts from multiple clone troops at close range and managed to redirect two of them back to slay two Clones. Also, in this fight, there is indeed one enemy only, which Ataru is best suited for (Zez-Kai Ell says this, and others).

Vos is also trained in Vaapad, but isn't a master of it. However, he has held his own against the like of Sora Bulq, though, which is fairly impressive.

I think they are quite close in saber duelling, however, but I'm probably still going for Voss.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Silver2467
@ShootingNova said:

Vos is also trained in Vaapad, but isn't a master of it.

People always seem to mention this when Quin is concerned, but I never have any reason to suspect it will become a factor. Mace instructed Quin to refrain from Vaapad, and Quin agreed. The fact that Quin never learned very much in Vaapad and the fact that Vaapad is not his default form only detracts from the possibility even more. 

However, he has held his own against the like of Sora Bulq, though, which is fairly impressive.

Quin was losing to Sora. He only won after Aayla helped him through the Force. Before that, Quin was faring no better than Tholme did.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467: Well, he was having telepathic problems then.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Silver2467
@ShootingNova: Quin never had telepathic problems. He was wrestling with his dark side. He only overcame his dark side and defeated Sora with Aayla's aid, as she guided him through the struggle.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467: Okay, "telepathic" is an incorrect term to describe it. Yes, he was wrestling with the Dark Side. But without having to wrestle with such, he would have fared much more decently. I still think he is probably winning this fight.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Silver2467
@ShootingNova said:

Yes, he was wrestling with the Dark Side. But without having to wrestle with such, he would have fared much more decently.

I see absolutely no evidence of that. In fact, Quin's anger is what allowed him to kill Skorr when he retaliated out of frustration to Skorr's entreating him to his dark side. If anything, Quin would have fought better if he accepted his dark side instead of denying it, as he did. Instead, Aayla illuminated in him to allow him to perceive a different path, and with her supplementing his efforts, he forced back his dark side and simultaneously killed Bulq. The entire victory was situational; the circumstances surrounding Quin losing to Sora, however, were not. And he was on the losing end. More than that, Sora was testing Quin's willingness to succumb to his darkness also. Sora, as with Dooku's holo-projected visage, were goading him toward the dark side, not just attacking him outright. They believed he was already a dark sider. 

Setting that aside, I fail to see how Quin holding his own against Sora supersedes Ki-Adi holding his own against characters of the caliber of Grievous. So where the disparity in combat efficiency lies escapes me.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467: The only thing was, he never really overcame his dark side during the duelling part. He was still struggling against it. If he wasn't struggling like that, he would have fared better. I never said that feat surpasses that of Ki-Adi Mundi fighting Grievous. Also, Mundi lost even with the aid of multiple other Jedi, including Shaak Ti and Aayla Secura.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Silver2467
@ShootingNova said:

If he wasn't struggling like that, he would have fared better.

And once again, there is no evidence for this. Until you have any to present, I have no inclination to regard this as fact. 

I never said that feat surpasses that of Ki-Adi Mundi fighting Grievous.

Then to repeat: 
@Silver2467 said:
So where the disparity in combat efficiency lies escapes me.

Also, Mundi lost even with the aid of multiple other Jedi, including Shaak Ti and Aayla Secura.

Mundi lasted longer than all of the other Jedi did. When the Republic reinforcements arrived, Ki-Adi was the last one standing among the initial Jedi. The rest were defeated within a couple minutes, while Ki-Adi protracted his solo duel with Grievous longer than that. And to reiterate once again, there were circumstances in that duel that favored Grievous:
@Silver2467 said:
The fact that Ki-Adi was not at peak condition at the time and the fact that Ataru, his preferred lightsaber form, is not well-suited to fighting multiple enemies or a single enemy with multiple weapons speaks well of his prowess.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467: It's more an assumption/inference. Its more difficult to fight when you're dealing with a second problem.

Okay.

And he lost his lightsaber and was using another. And he was disarmed once again and was saved by the clones.

Yes, he demonstrated skill.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Silver2467
@ShootingNova said:

@Silver2467: It's more an assumption/inference. Its more difficult to fight when you're dealing with a second problem.

The "second problem" would have afforded him a more potent asset in combat. There is nothing asserting your point. Quin struggled with the dark side more or less constantly. That never showed to inhibit his effectiveness in combat situations. 

And he lost his lightsaber and was using another. And he was disarmed once again and was saved by the clones.

Your point? That duel lasted for several minutes until reinforcements arrived. I never said Ki-Adi won, but neither did Quin win under his own ability against Sora, an inferior duelist to Grievous. 

You still haven't satisfactorily responded to my misunderstanding.
@Silver2467 said:
So where the disparity in combat efficiency lies escapes me.

I honestly have no idea why you think Quin is a better duelist than Ki-Adi under the battle conditions named.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467: I never said Quin was a better duelist....

I think he could still win overall.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Silver2467
@ShootingNova: How does he win a majority if he is not a better duelist?
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467: Duelling is not everything.

I said he could (massive emphasis on could) win overall.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Silver2467
@ShootingNova said:

@Silver2467: Duelling is not everything.

In cases where the opposing characters are of near-identical power and physicality, yes, it basically is.

I said he could (massive emphasis on could) win overall.

All right.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467: I didn't mean that, I meant TK or other Force abilities might be used in a fight, though I would agree that this fight would consist mainly (if not all) of saber combat.

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I am going with Vos. I think he has more impressive feats.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ShootingNova

@SithLantern93 said:

I am going with Vos. I think he has more impressive feats.

LOL...... look at the argument on the previous page. Ki-Adi Mundi would probably win majority duelling, but I see Vos being capable of winning.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping a three year old thread . . . now.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Zetsu-San

@silver2467: The second guy dies when he tries to do this:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Drk045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping a three year old thread . . . now.

Why........Just why....

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5aba78567e8b5
deactivated-5aba78567e8b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mundi. Not even a question

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mundi comfortably

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ki-Adi.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quinlan Vos wins.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mundi 10/10 with difficulty.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mundi, most likely, though it isn't comfortable or 10/10.