• 51 results
rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Movie versions. Standard gear, in character, win by death or knock out. Battle takes place in Times Square.

Spider-man
Spider-man

vs

Quicksilver
Quicksilver

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I need to see DOFP.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie still hasn't come out yet for me. Tomorrow.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rogueshadow  Moderator
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on which quicksilver

Shamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shamo
Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dammit, I really want to see DOFP

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Eh 8/10, but IMDB has it sitting at an 8.9 right now, you'll love it there are several sick nasty scenes.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Eh 8/10, but IMDB has it sitting at an 8.9 right now, you'll love it there are several sick nasty scenes.

Sick nasty how? You've piqued my curiosity. I mean, don't spoil anything, just what type of sick nasty haha

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Like laughing maniacally at how awesome that scene was, sick nasty.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Stormdriven
rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rogueshadow  Moderator

@noone301994 said:

@rogueshadow: Scale of 1 to 10 how fast?

By comic standards he's obviously nothing special, but he's got some awesome reflexes and travel speed for movie characters. It's difficult to really gauge his maximum speed since he never gives it his all in the film. Bullets are just absolutely nothing too him, he can pull his goggles on, run around a room, beat up a few guys, reposition bullets [which look like snails to him], and run to the other side of the room. All that he does with pretty much 0 effort, it's like a gentle stroll. He's insanely fast for a live-action character, potentially a 10 when we get to see more from him.

But I think Spider-man is fast enough to react to him, the guy can outpace electricity.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Wow. That's crazy. I wonder if Marvel's Quicksilver will be that fast. How was the movie overall?

MutieLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MutieLover

Only movie version: Quicksilver, probably. Spider-Man's spider-sense doesn't seem to be precognitive; it more or less makes him more perceptive to his surroundings, like a form of slow-mo.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: Wow. That's crazy. I wonder if Marvel's Quicksilver will be that fast. How was the movie overall?

He probably will be, Marvel will see this and make him faster/more impressive to essentially one up him. And It was an awesome movie, Avengers level imo.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Avengers level? Really? Damn. I gotta see it then haha.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dextersinister

@rogueshadow:

But I think Spider-man is fast enough to react to him, the guy can outpace electricity.

That's aim dodging, same when peak human dodge laser beams or electric attacks.

DOFP Quicksilver was pretty insane and would win this easily, I expect to see him used constantly over the next month.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow:

That's aim dodging, same when peak human dodge laser beams or electric attacks.

DOFP Quicksilver was pretty insane and would win this easily, I expect to see him used constantly over the next month.

No... He literally jumps out of the way of and reacts fast enough to it to fire his webs and pull a bunch of people out of the way before they were electrocuted. That is not aim dodging.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

No... He literally jumps out of the way of and reacts fast enough to it to fire his webs and pull a bunch of people out of the way before they were electrocuted. That is not aim dodging.

I remember, the electric has already entered the structure, Spiderman only out reacts the people about to touch it.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow:

I remember, the electric has already entered the structure, Spiderman only out reacts the people about to touch it.

The electricity was being conducted along the metal, Spidey leaps after Electro blasts the ground with it [one count of outpacing electricity] then webs the people before the electricity even gets to the part they were about to touch.

I could be misremembering since I haven't seen it in over a month but I'm 90% sure I'm not.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I am waiting to see MCU Quicksilver Vs XMCU Quicksilver in 2015

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I don't think you realize how fast electricity can move, only characters around Flash level have that kind of reaction.

Sometimes it is also the case of just being badly represented, in some cartoons such as avatar you have people moving while lightning is in the air, that's just to make it look cooler, they don't actually having lightning movement, you would shred your body if you actually moved that fast.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@dextersinister said:

@rogueshadow: I don't think you realize how fast electricity can move, only characters around Flash level have that kind of reaction.

Sometimes it is also the case of just being badly represented, in some cartoons such as avatar you have people moving while lightning is in the air, that's just to make it look cooler, they don't actually having lightning movement, you would shred your body if you actually moved that fast.

And characters who dodge bullets via bullet timing don't break the sound barrier when they move and create a sonic boom. This is fiction, it doesn't matter, if he did it, he did it. And electricity's speed varies.

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver would win, honestly, the stunt he pulled in that room was just perfect quality for a movie character, and the fact still remains that throughout the movie he seemed to be relaxed as in not going his full speed and potential. Either way he would run around spidey and cause his spidey sense to give him a headache or he could literally just go flash style and vibrate though spidey.

Also, where the hell were the avengers, hulk, thor? or just about any other goddamn hero in the marvel universe to help against the sentinels

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@hudyman said:

Quicksilver would win, honestly, the stunt he pulled in that room was just perfect quality for a movie character, and the fact still remains that throughout the movie he seemed to be relaxed as in not going his full speed and potential. Either way he would run around spidey and cause his spidey sense to give him a headache or he could literally just go flash style and vibrate though spidey.

Also, where the hell were the avengers, hulk, thor? or just about any other goddamn hero in the marvel universe to help against the sentinels

Hulk, Thor and the Avengers exist in the MCU, a separate continuity.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

And characters who dodge bullets via bullet timing don't break the sound barrier when they move and create a sonic boom. This is fiction, it doesn't matter, if he did it, he did it. And electricity's speed varies

They aim dodge, they also move a fraction of the distance the bullet does as they are only moving out of the bullets path in the time it takes the bullet to reach them.

Bullet speed is superhuman.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow:

And characters who dodge bullets via bullet timing don't break the sound barrier when they move and create a sonic boom. This is fiction, it doesn't matter, if he did it, he did it. And electricity's speed varies

They aim dodge, they also move a fraction of the distance the bullet does as they are only moving out of the bullets path in the time it takes the bullet to reach them.

Bullet speed is superhuman.

No, there is aim dodging and there is bullet timing. Spider-man, Captain America, Wolverine etc are bullet timers, but they do not break the sound barrier. Science doesn't make sense in fiction, I'm not denying that, but if we rejected feats based on scientific invalidity or just breaking the general logic of reality then most feats would not work.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dextersinister

@rogueshadow:

No, there is aim dodging and there is bullet timing. Spider-man, Captain America, Wolverine etc are bullet timers, but they do not break the sound barrier

No they don't, if they could actually move at mach 1 then they would never be hit by gunfire they where aware of and that is not true for any of them.

They move out of the way.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@dextersinister said:

@rogueshadow:

No, there is aim dodging and there is bullet timing. Spider-man, Captain America, Wolverine etc are bullet timers, but they do not break the sound barrier

No they don't, if they could actually move at mach 1 then they would never be hit by gunfire they where aware of and that is not true for any of them.

Spider-man and Cap almost never gets hit by bullets, Wolverine allows himself to be hit by bullets...

You don't get it, let's take SA Supes, the guy sneezes galaxies out of the way, does this make any sense scientifically? No, but he did it and its in character for him to do so, simply saying it doesn't make sense scientifically is not a valid argument.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By cameron83

@dextersinister said:

@rogueshadow:

Um,yes they do.

Not only that,but since when did dodging bullets require you to move at the speed of sound? I mean,in terms of travel speed,sure. But in terms of dodging,that isn't necessary. Not only that,but he said that they don't break the sound barrier.

Deadpool dodges bullets after they are fired,but that doesn't mean that he moves at mach 1

They don't aim dodge

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too fast for Spidey to react.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83:

Deadpool dodges bullets after they are fired,but that doesn't mean that he moves at mach 1

That's effectively what I said in an earlier post.

@rogueshadow

Spider-man and Cap almost never gets hit by bullets, Wolverine allows himself to be hit by bullets...

In Spidermans case it's because he has an in built danger radar.

Here from the bullet dodging trope.

Oddly, despite being able to dodge bullets, when the fight turns to fisticuffs the hero usually becomes much less able to dodge the much slower punches.

Yet they have been hit by bullets plenty of times but the real reason they still dodge most of them is because bullets inflict serious damage and are normally fired by mooks, blunt damage is much easier for a writer to ignore and mooks job.

Hawkeye and Bullseye fire slower moving projectiles and yet they still seem to be able to hit characters that can dodge bullets, aim should have nothing to do with it if they can move at mach 1 like you claim.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rogueshadow  Moderator

@cameron83:

That's effectively what I said in an earlier post.

@rogueshadow

In Spidermans case it's because he has an in built danger radar.

Here from the bullet dodging trope.

Oddly, despite being able to dodge bullets, when the fight turns to fisticuffs the hero usually becomes much less able to dodge the much slower punches.

Yet they have been hit by bullets plenty of times but the real reason they still dodge most of them is because bullets inflict serious damage and are normally fired by mooks, blunt damage is much easier for a writer to ignore and mooks job.

Hawkeye and Bullseye fire slower moving projectiles and yet they still seem to be able to hit characters that can dodge bullets, aim should have nothing to do with it if they can move at mach 1 like you claim.

I'm not debating the existence of bullet timing any further it's just ridiculous.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Just watched DOFP and i have to say Quicksilver.....damn he was badass and funny.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

I'm not debating the existence of bullet timing any further it's just ridiculous.

I am fully aware it exists, you just don't seem to be aware of what it is.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Saw the movie an hour ago. Quicksilver is too fast. I don't remember any scene slowed down matrix style from AMS2 to suggest he's fast enough to beat QS. I think some scenes were to slowed down to emphasize action to the audience but not to suggest Spidey has the perception of a speedster

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hudyman said:

Did you really just ask that?..

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow:

I am fully aware it exists, you just don't seem to be aware of what it is.

There is aim dodging and there is bullet timing, two very different things.

Here is bullet timing:

Loading Video...

Science doesn't make sense in fiction.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45 the_stegman  Moderator

Quicksilver...pretty easily, the dude was FAST. And I mean like...Smallville Clark fast.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

and yet the character is clearly not moving his limbs at mach 1 in a brawl.

Loading Video...

back to the original point, if they could actually move at mach 1 then they could casually side step a bullet fired from 50 feet away but they can't.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@dextersinister said:

@rogueshadow:

and yet the character is clearly not moving his limbs at mach 1 in a brawl.

back to the original point, if they could actually move at mach 1 then they could casually side step a bullet fired from 50 feet away but they can't.

Wait, wait, wait... That's a totally different debate. Everybody knows bullet dodging and reaction speed does not always correlate to h2h combat, take Hit-Girl for example.

What is your actual point? That all bullet timers [Spider-man, Wolverine etc] are actually just aim dodging? And that only the likes of Superman and Flash can actually time bullets?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: no they are far from seperate, they are both measures of reaction, it just a lot more realistic when it comes to h2h

My point is they don't move as fast as bullets, unless your going to tell me they have never been hit by bullets fired at a distance they where aware of.

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry better be faster in his new TV show or DC and CW will be tasting lead... quicksilver was DAYUM fast in DOFP...

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@dextersinister said:

@rogueshadow: no they are far from seperate, they are both measures of reaction, it just a lot more realistic when it comes to h2h

My point is they don't move as fast as bullets, unless your going to tell me they have never been hit by bullets fired at a distance they where aware of.

Realism and superheroes don't work well together for some odd reason.

If they aren't aware of the bullet coming at them, how can they time it? When they are, yes they do it regularly.

Characters bullet time, it happens, deal with it.

No Caption Provided

Or was that also aim dodging?