Quicksilver vs Captain Cold

• 111 results
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

616 Quicksilver at his best, vs one of the Flash's most prominent enemies.

-Standard gear

-Morals on

-Fight begins on opposite ends of a football field

-Knowledge

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By nickthedevil

Wow...

This is...

What a freakin' toss up man. I don't even know how to describe the closeness of it.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

If Cold can tag Flash who's jogging speed is Quicksilver's top speed he can beat Pietro.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 juiceboks  Moderator

Cold takes it. He's a threat to Barry whom Pietro is nowhere near as fast.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wow...

This is...

What a freakin' toss up man. I don't even know how to describe the closeness of it.

I just don't think Captain Cold can handle speedsters on Quicksilver's level. Not to downplay Cold, but I can't recall a single person he's gone up against with Mach 5 or greater speed.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@nickthedevil said:

Wow...

This is...

I just don't think Captain Cold can handle speedsters on Quicksilver's level. Not to downplay Cold, but I can't recall a single person he's gone up against with Mach 5 or greater speed.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

This isn't even close to a toss up.

Cold has only ever fought Street Levelers and lost. Against a high tier speedster like Quicksilver, there is nothing that Cold can do.

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys what are you crazy!? Its not even close! If cold can tag flash who is -37496649327548629439 times faster than pietro, than how will cold manage?

The op obviously made a typo because silver godstomps!

Good day!!!

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cold takes it. He's a threat to Barry whom Pietro is nowhere near as fast.

I've been reading Barry's main title (New 52) and I dont remember seeing anything that gave a top speed or anything in ranges. Do you know any?

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By mightyrearranger

Well, this thread does state that it's Quicksilver "at his best". So if we're talking Quicksilver after he gets his powers upgraded by the Inhumans (ie: at his best), he has powers that are quite similar to Professor Zoom and he could have a chance to win this with said powers.

Probably not gonna happen though, if the cold field is really tight to Len, Pietro will still be killed.

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold wins but it's closer than everybody thinks

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Cold. He can tag Flash.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batnorris: You had to go and ruin it! We were all joking because this is clearly a stomp.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14 JediXMan  Moderator

Guys what are you crazy!? Its not even close! If cold can tag flash who is -37496649327548629439 times faster than pietro, than how will cold manage?

Good day!!!

Everyone above you was being blatantly sarcastic.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cold's field of absolute zero turns Quicksilver into a quicksicle.

It doesn't matter HOW fast you are against that thing, it robs you of kinetic energy like no other.

Though Cold looks rather goofy he's actually incredibly powerful.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen:

Quicksilver at his best is just the writers going 'f*ck it'. Time manip etc

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JediXMan  Moderator

Cold's field of absolute zero turns Quicksilver into a quicksicle.

It doesn't matter HOW fast you are against that thing, it robs you of kinetic energy like no other.

Though Cold looks rather goofy he's actually incredibly powerful.

It doesn't stop Flash, just for the record. So it does kind of matter how fast they are: it just slows Flash down. It will stop Quicksilver. So the speed at which the victim's molecules move is the factor that decides how the wall of absolute zero effects them.

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mightyrearranger

@diredrill said:

@batnorris: You had to go and ruin it! We were all joking because this is clearly a stomp.

@jedixman said:

@batnorris said:

Good day!!!

Um...I think norris's comment was sarcasm as well. Doesn't matter because you're all correct. 'silver is just leagues above Wally West, Bart Allen, Zoom, and The Runner combined...

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

@thetruebarryallen:

Quicksilver at his best is just the writers going 'f*ck it'. Time manip etc

^Also, this is true. Though what most Marvel writers have done with X-Men characters in the past 10-15 years has just been "f*ck it" material.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JediXMan  Moderator

@diredrill said:

@jedixman said:

@batnorris said:

Good day!!!

Um...norris's comment was sarcastic as well

... yeah... probably should have read the whole thing.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jedixman: I mean, technically at absolute zero NOTHING should move, well, according to science that is. I understand this is the comics in which the Speed of Light goes from 186,000 miles per second to 20-30 miles per hour.

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Spydey

Didn't Quicksilver kill someone with a straw once? Or was that 1610? Make this 1610 QS. He's got some pretty nice kills.xD

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: I mean, technically at absolute zero NOTHING should move, well, according to science that is. I understand this is the comics in which the Speed of Light goes from 186,000 miles per second to 20-30 miles per hour.

And where Len can somehow hold conversations with people while his field is up. :D

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Strongarm

Cold, easy

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pipxeroth

I'm having difficulty understanding who is being voted for most in this thread due to the sarcastic comments but I would be inclined to say quicksilver.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold never went up against bloodlusted Flash, and pre-52 Cold physically is no better than a street leveler.

If Quicksilver's only thought is to kill Captain Cold, then the fight will be over in a fraction of a second. It doesn't take more than a few Mach to take on Captain Cold.

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold never went up against bloodlusted Flash, and pre-52 Cold physically is no better than a street leveler.

If Quicksilver's only thought is to kill Captain Cold, then the fight will be over in a fraction of a second. It doesn't take more than a few Mach to take on Captain Cold.

Both Cold and Len hold back on a regular basis; Flash: physically and Cold: morally. With knowledge ahead of time, Cold is putting up the cold field before the fight begins. The Speed Force trumps it because it's the Speed Force (silly logic I know), but any atomic object or force that requires movement of atoms to travel could be going mach whatever and it will still stop dead when it hits a wall of absolute 0 degrees. The gun's other effects only exist because Len has to face speedsters who defy the field with FTL speeds. Now, how Len can hear things while this field up is anyone's guess... :P

THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By THC

The reason Cold can tag Flash is because - despite fanboys' claims - Flash's stats are only amped relative to the speeds he is currently going via. the Speed Force. Obviously Flash's base speed is metahuman as well.

This includes amping his reaction time. Flash isn't always living 6 billion years in every second or whatever, that would be ludicrous. He has to consciously amp himself.

So "Flash villain vs. Quicksilver? Cold stomps!" is fail logic. Feats > claims.

Right now I'm leaning towards Quicksilver because he has knowledge. If not, I'd lean towards Cold.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Cold with little effort.

MadnessFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MadnessFall

Captain Cold

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mightyrearranger

@thc said:

The reason Cold can tag Flash is because - despite fanboys' claims - Flash's stats are only amped relative to the speeds he is currently going via. the Speed Force. Obviously Flash's base speed is metahuman as well.

This includes amping his reaction time. Flash isn't always living 6 billion years in every second or whatever, that would be ludicrous. He has to consciously amp himself.

So "Flash villain vs. Quicksilver? Cold stomps!" is fail logic. Feats > claims.

Right now I'm leaning towards Quicksilver because he has knowledge. If not, I'd lean towards Cold.

You're correct to a degree, though my reason why Cold would win is still very much sound.

A Cap Cold with knowledge would put up his field of Absolute Zero before the fight begins. Quicksilver has nothing in his repertoire to break through that. I'm not sure how much knowledge he would have on Cold and whether he'd be cocky enough with morals off to attempt to speed-blitz him, but if he does, he's dead, no question.

Even if we talk about Quicksilver at his peak, when he was a time-traveler/teleporter, he'd still be susceptible to the field as Cold can keep it tight around him.

Best case scenario for Pietro: He runs circles around Cold for a while and then both go home annoyed.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks said:

Both Cold and Len hold back on a regular basis; Flash: physically and Cold: morally. With knowledge ahead of time, Cold is putting up the cold field before the fight begins. The Speed Force trumps it because it's the Speed Force (silly logic I know), but any atomic object or force that requires movement of atoms to travel could be going mach whatever and it will still stop dead when it hits a wall of absolute 0 degrees. The gun's other effects only exist because Len has to face speedsters who defy the field with FTL speeds. Now, how Len can hear things while this field up is anyone's guess... :P

Still if Captain Cold didn't have prep, the outcome would be on Quicksilver's favor.

Something the size of a fully grown man's fist going at the speed of Mach 5 is going to hit as hard as a tank shell, I don't see someone of Captain Cold's durability surviving that.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks: Quicksilver doesn't know Captain Cold, Captain Cold knows speedsters.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AngryHulks

@angryhulks: Quicksilver doesn't know Captain Cold, Captain Cold knows speedsters.

I'm just saying that the outcome will be different if Captain Cold had no prep and Quicksilver is bloodlusted. That's my point unless someone can come up with an evidence that Captain Cold have faster-than-light reaction time or invulnerability.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

I'm just saying that the outcome will be different if Captain Cold had no prep and Quicksilver is bloodlusted. That's my point unless someone can come up with an evidence that Captain Cold have faster-than-light reaction time or invulnerability.

Captain Cold doesn't need to hit QS directly he could induce an areal attack, and QS doesn't run FTL and nor is he bloodlusted.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks said:

@monsterstomp said:

Captain Cold doesn't need to hit QS directly he could induce an areal attack, and QS doesn't run FTL and nor is he bloodlusted.

Still, Captain Cold is no faster than most street levelers, and most street levelers can't tag Quicksilver easily, and Quicksilver didn't even run at full speed (given that human beings can still take his punch) for most of the time.

If Captain Cold have to use area attack, he still need great reaction time to deal with the beginning of the fight. It's probable that he can just steal Captain Cold's gun or break his hand without killing him. You still need to think to use area attack moves, and I'm sure something as fast as bullet will get to him before he can think, especially at short distance.

I'm saying what happen if Cold don't have prep time.

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyrearranger said:

@angryhulks said:

Still if Captain Cold didn't have prep, the outcome would be on Quicksilver's favor.

Something the size of a fully grown man's fist going at the speed of Mach 5 is going to hit as hard as a tank shell, I don't see someone of Captain Cold's durability surviving that.

Well naturally; are you suggesting if Cap Cold had no prep/knowledge and Quicksilver did? Cause yeah, that'd be pretty spiteful.

However, it bears noting that firearm bullets, on average, are supersonic in speed (eg: Mach 5) and Owen Mercer (a much less experienced Rogue/marksman than Cold) was able to tag Deadshot's bullets with ease.

I'm curious if "knowledge" in the OP means that these two also know they'll be fighting ahead of time? I assumed so, but it was never specified.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AngryHulks

@angryhulks said:

@mightyrearranger said:

@angryhulks said:

Well naturally; are you suggesting if Cap Cold had no prep/knowledge and Quicksilver did? Cause yeah, that'd be pretty spiteful.

However, it bears noting that firearm bullets, on average, are supersonic in speed (eg: Mach 5) and Owen Mercer (a much less experienced Rogue/marksman than Cold) was able to tag Deadshot's bullets with ease.

I'm curious if "knowledge" in the OP means that these two also know they'll be fighting ahead of time? I assumed so, but it was never specified.

It's not a surprising fact as Owen Mercer have some degree of super speed as part of his power, Lenny don't have that.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

if its new 52 cold he dominates

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't think Pietro's blitzing anyone. He's gonna run around fast enough to where he seems invisible(like he did against Emma when she was Phoenix'd out). Survey the area, then attack. I'm not sure how Flash's reflex's work, but is Flash always thinking at high speed like QS? I see Flash get tagged a lot. I rarely see QS get tagged. I'm pretty sure that's why the chose to keep Pietro out of the AvX fight on the beach for a majority of the time. He could have took out that entire beach if he wanted.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spydey: New52 Barry woke up, saw a bullet right on his head and dodged.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By sync1

Let's see....

A guy with crazy superspeed vs some guy with a snow gun.... Pietro wins.

No Caption Provided

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver wins.

C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C O M B O B R E A K E R !

Shoutouts to the new upcoming Killer Instinct. A pity it's one the worse console ever and yeah I'm including all of the Ataris.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MonsterStomp

@chibio: Xbox One won me back. And we get Killer Instinct! What's up?!

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mightyrearranger

@angryhulks: superspeed =\= super accuracy, but I can understand your overall reasoning here and it's probably the most intelligent anti-Len commentary any of us will see on this site lol.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@nickthedevil said:

Wow...

This is...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Instead of conventionally typing my expressed opinion, I shall allow internet memes and gifs to speak for me in comedic fashion ....

No Caption Provided

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even know what's sarcasm and what's not anymore lol.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By dondave

Cold

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers