#1 Posted by Maximillius (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Obi Wan Kenobi's Master vs The Dark Lord

Whom shall Win?
Post Edited:2008-05-25 18:44:14

#2 Posted by lionheart (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

darth vader would wreck qui gonn whether it be with the force or in a lightsaber duel darth vader is just too powerful for him

#3 Posted by Maximillius (249 posts) - - Show Bio

lionheart says:

"darth vader would wreck qui gonn whether it be with the force or in a lightsaber duel darth vader is just too powerful for him"

....Shut up please, Qui-Gon is the Greatest, His Lightsaber and Force Mastery is beyond that of Yoda. He was the first one who could be Force Spirit.

#4 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

The Maverick Jedi.

#5 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Maximillius says:

"lionheart says:
"darth vader would wreck qui gonn whether it be with the force or in a lightsaber duel darth vader is just too powerful for him"
....Shut up please, Qui-Gon is the Greatest, His Lightsaber and Force Mastery is beyond that of Yoda. He was the first one who could be Force Spirit."

LMAO.

Love that "Shut up please" part.

#6 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

BTW, Qui-Gon wins.

#7 Posted by lionheart (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

Maximillius says:

"lionheart says:

....Shut up please, Qui-Gon is the Greatest, His Lightsaber and Force Mastery is beyond that of Yoda. He was the first one who could be Force Spirit."

there is no way his force mastery was equal to yoda or darth vader and the only reason he was the first to use force spirit was because yoda or most of the powerful jedi hadnt died when he did also in the sixth movie when yoda died he was instantly able to do and so was obi wan in the fourth movie and theres no way in hell he could beat darth vader in a lightsaber duel, he couldnt even beat darth maul in two on one fight so you shut the hell up dickhead

#8 Posted by lionheart (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

all you guys are probably just fanboys anyways

#9 Posted by Iron MK II (203 posts) - - Show Bio

i give it to vadar, he was originally trained by the great obi wan, who was trained by qui gon, and qui gon admitted that obi is his most powerful apprentice ever and became more powerful than he could of imagined, and for someone like obi wan to train vadar, and then for vadar to go under the dark lord of the sith, vadar is arguably one of the toughest sith going, he would beat qui gon hands down not to mention the fact that qui gons skill would of been passed through to obi wan through to vadar when he was young anakin.

Now Qui gon is extremely talented with the force but in episode 4,5, and 6 when vadar is fully developed Qui gon is just out of his league on this one.

#10 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

This how I see it : Qui-Gon was killed by Darth Maul, Darth Maul was Killed by Obiwan, Obiwan Beat Vador,BUT was unable to killed him and was killed by Vader after that. My conclusion : So long, Qui-Gon !

#11 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Qui-Gon was very good. I still somehow see Vader winning though. :/

#12 Posted by mantoid (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

lionheart says:

"Maximillius says:
"lionheart says:
there is no way his force mastery was equal to yoda or darth vader and the only reason he was the first to use force spirit was because yoda or most of the powerful jedi hadnt died when he did also in the sixth movie when yoda died he was instantly able to do and so was obi wan in the fourth movie and theres no way in hell he could beat darth vader in a lightsaber duel, he couldnt even beat darth maul in two on one fight so you shut the hell up dickhead"

Qui-Gon was one of the greatest, if not the greatest, jedi ever. He didn't give it his all on fighting Darth Maul, and knew that it was his time to go. By the way, Darth Maul is an extremely skilled fighter, a master at form VII, rivaling the skill of Mace Windu.

Qui-Gon would be able to defeat Darth Vader (After all, Anakin was the padawan of Qui-Gon). Darth has more brute strength, but his power is drawn from the dark side, which eventually lets you down. There is no other master like Qui.

#13 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

The Devil Tiger says:

" This how I see it : Qui-Gon was killed by Darth Maul, Darth Maul was Killed by Obiwan, Obiwan Beat Vador,BUT was unable to killed him and was killed by Vader after that. My conclusion : So long, Qui-Gon !"

Obi wan didn't loose to Vader, he coincided to the force and appeared to die by vaders hand. Its similar to how yoda died.

I think it should be clarified if Qui-gon is fighting darth vader (anakin from III) or vader cyborg.

Vader as anakin was far more powerful than the darth vader cyborg, and would have beaten qui-gon. But cyborg vader vs Quigon is a different story. Luke beats vader in VI and is clearly not as strong a jedi as qui gon. also on rebel scum there a couple of articles that state that qui gons loss to Maul was due to the style match up of the light saber forms used by both fighters. qui gon is also rumored to have been in his youth a better swordsman than Mace windu. Thus this matchup is not a one sided as one would think.

Also Vader (cyborg) was not nearly able to do all the things he could do before he lost all his limbs.

he had to use more power with his saber to be effective.

#14 Posted by mantoid (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

speedlgt says:

"The Devil Tiger says:
" This how I see it : Qui-Gon was killed by Darth Maul, Darth Maul was Killed by Obiwan, Obiwan Beat Vador,BUT was unable to killed him and was killed by Vader after that. My conclusion : So long, Qui-Gon ! "
Obi wan didn't loose to Vader, he coincided to the force and appeared to die by vaders hand. Its similar to how yoda died. I think it should be clarified if Qui-gon is fighting darth vader (anakin from III) or vader cyborg. Vader as anakin was far more powerful than the darth vader cyborg, and would have beaten qui-gon. But cyborg vader vs Quigon is a different story. Luke beats vader in VI and is clearly not as strong a jedi as qui gon. also on rebel scum there a couple of articles that state that qui gons loss to Maul was due to the style match up of the light saber forms used by both fighters. qui gon is also rumored to have been in his youth a better swordsman than Mace windu. Thus this matchup is not a one sided as one would think. Also Vader (cyborg) was not nearly able to do all the things he could do before he lost all his limbs. he had to use more power with his saber to be effective."

Don't give Darth Vader Cyborg to much flak. Although his force power is weakened due to the machines, the machines have some advantages. First off, it grants Vader much higher durability than a normal person. It also gives him much more strength. On Revenge of the Sith, Anakin chokes Obi-Wan with his cyborg arm. Anakin wouldn't have had the strength if it was his normal arm. Although his Strength is enhanced, his speed and agility are greatly hindered.

Also, something that I just remembered about Vader is that he is the only jedi/sith that has ever mastered the lightsaber throw technique (throwing the lightsaber through the air with precision accuarcy, then force pulling it back and catching it).

Still, due to Qui's skill, I still go with Qui.

#15 Posted by Danko (276 posts) - - Show Bio

mantoid says:

"speedlgt says:
"The Devil Tiger says:
" This how I see it : Qui-Gon was killed by Darth Maul, Darth Maul was Killed by Obiwan, Obiwan Beat Vador,BUT was unable to killed him and was killed by Vader after that. My conclusion : So long, Qui-Gon ! "
Obi wan didn't loose to Vader, he coincided to the force and appeared to die by vaders hand. Its similar to how yoda died. I think it should be clarified if Qui-gon is fighting darth vader (anakin from III) or vader cyborg. Vader as anakin was far more powerful than the darth vader cyborg, and would have beaten qui-gon. But cyborg vader vs Quigon is a different story. Luke beats vader in VI and is clearly not as strong a jedi as qui gon. also on rebel scum there a couple of articles that state that qui gons loss to Maul was due to the style match up of the light saber forms used by both fighters. qui gon is also rumored to have been in his youth a better swordsman than Mace windu. Thus this matchup is not a one sided as one would think. Also Vader (cyborg) was not nearly able to do all the things he could do before he lost all his limbs. he had to use more power with his saber to be effective."
Don't give Darth Vader Cyborg to much flak. Although his force power is weakened due to the machines, the machines have some advantages. First off, it grants Vader much higher durability than a normal person. It also gives him much more strength. On Revenge of the Sith, Anakin chokes Obi-Wan with his cyborg arm. Anakin wouldn't have had the strength if it was his normal arm. Although his Strength is enhanced, his speed and agility are greatly hindered. Also, something that I just remembered about Vader is that he is the only jedi/sith that has ever mastered the lightsaber throw technique (throwing the lightsaber through the air with precision accuarcy, then force pulling it back and catching it). Still, due to Qui's skill, I still go with Qui."

Actually, i seem to remember yoda could easily pull of the lightsaber throwing through the air thing. So one of the few perhaps, but not the only one.

#16 Posted by mantoid (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

Danko says:

"mantoid says:
"speedlgt says:
"The Devil Tiger says:
Don't give Darth Vader Cyborg to much flak. Although his force power is weakened due to the machines, the machines have some advantages. First off, it grants Vader much higher durability than a normal person. It also gives him much more strength. On Revenge of the Sith, Anakin chokes Obi-Wan with his cyborg arm. Anakin wouldn't have had the strength if it was his normal arm. Although his Strength is enhanced, his speed and agility are greatly hindered. Also, something that I just remembered about Vader is that he is the only jedi/sith that has ever mastered the lightsaber throw technique (throwing the lightsaber through the air with precision accuarcy, then force pulling it back and catching it). Still, due to Qui's skill, I still go with Qui."
Actually, i seem to remember yoda could easily pull of the lightsaber throwing through the air thing. So one of the few perhaps, but not the only one."

Actually, Yoda just chucked his lightsaber at the clone trooper. A true "lightsaber throw" is throwing the lightsaber then pulling it back to your hand and catching it while it is still spinning. It is very difficult to do.

#17 Posted by Danko (276 posts) - - Show Bio

mantoid says:

"Danko says:
"mantoid says:
"speedlgt says:
"The Devil Tiger says:
Actually, i seem to remember yoda could easily pull of the lightsaber throwing through the air thing. So one of the few perhaps, but not the only one."
Actually, Yoda just chucked his lightsaber at the clone trooper. A true "lightsaber throw" is throwing the lightsaber then pulling it back to your hand and catching it while it is still spinning. It is very difficult to do."

Ah.. but now you're just going by the movies.. if that's what you mean, yes then you're right.

#18 Posted by mantoid (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

Danko says:

"mantoid says:
"Danko says:
"mantoid says:
"speedlgt says:
"The Devil Tiger says:
Actually, Yoda just chucked his lightsaber at the clone trooper. A true "lightsaber throw" is throwing the lightsaber then pulling it back to your hand and catching it while it is still spinning. It is very difficult to do."
Ah.. but now you're just going by the movies.. if that's what you mean, yes then you're right."

I'm not just going by the movies.

#19 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

mantoid says:

"speedlgt says:
"The Devil Tiger says:

Don't give Darth Vader Cyborg to much flak. Although his force power is weakened due to the machines, the machines have some advantages. First off, it grants Vader much higher durability than a normal person. It also gives him much more strength. On Revenge of the Sith, Anakin chokes Obi-Wan with his cyborg arm. Anakin wouldn't have had the strength if it was his normal arm. Although his Strength is enhanced, his speed and agility are greatly hindered.

Also, something that I just remembered about Vader is that he is the only jedi/sith that has ever mastered the lightsaber throw technique (throwing the lightsaber through the air with precision accuarcy, then force pulling it back and catching it).

Still, due to Qui's skill, I still go with Qui."

I agree w/u I guess I am just noting that the Black cyborg vader we knew first as big and bad was not nearly as powerful as Anakin.

Do you all think that obi wan is the greatest jedi? I kinda do in that he defeated most everyone he had to face except count dukko.

I wonder if he would have been able to destroy the emperor, I know hes not strong enough but he seems to be able to defeat more powerful opponents as his trademark.

#20 Posted by King Saturn (224158 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Vader would put Qui Gon Jinn's ass out of business