Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Erkan12
No Caption Provided

VS.

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Qui-Gon is amped by Force Rage / Dark Rage (Dooku killed his padawan Obi-Wan)
  • Legends & Canon both are available
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ShootingNova

Dooku via ragdoll. A physical contest might be interesting because of Jinn's strength, but Dooku also knows his form inside-out as per the RotS novel.

Avatar image for beingfatissupercool
Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Dooku , maybe Qui-Gon .

Dooku loves Qui-gon in this fight , while Qui-Gon is bloodlusted .

Also they both have equal odds off being Master / Apprentice as they both know each others style .

I would chose Qui-Gon probably .

Just the fact he was the first jedi to reach eternally makes me think he should be very powerful as being strong with the force usually is simultaneous with being powerful .

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShootingNova

@beingfatissupercool: Dooku also loved Obi-Wan (not love, but I don't really have better words), but it didn't make much difference.

Also, Dooku knows Qui-Gon's form in and out like the back of his hand:

Kenobi's Master had been Qui-Gon Jinn, Dooku's own Padawan; Dooku had fenced Qui-Gon thousands of times, and he knew every weakness of the Ataro form, with its ridiculous acrobatics.

Source: Revenge of the Sith

Dooku has also trained Grievous in Ataru (Grievous knows all the forms), and he sparred/fought Yoda and Qui-Gon countless times. He would know Ataru in an almost encyclopedic fashion, whereas Qui-Gon is only stated to master the same fighting techniques Dooku did, but probably either only to an equal or lesser extent.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe in lightsaber combat Qui-Gon can take few wins, but he is owned in terms of Force powers. But then, there might be factor of Dooku's fascination that Qui-Gon amped himself like that and might let him win from respect. This is strange fight.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku is still noticeably faster than Qui-Gon, at least a tier more skilful, and possesses encyclopedic knowledge on Qui-Gon's form and its weaknesses.

Dooku being faster than RotS Obi-Wan:

The two droids fired at Obi-Wan, but he batted their fired energy bolts back at them and cut them down as he moved fast for Dooku. Unfortunately, Dooku moved faster, extending his left hand toward Obi-Wan as he used the Force to lift the Jedi off his feet while at the same time constricting his throat.

Source: The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader

TPM Obi-Wan being faster than Qui-Gon:

Lunging and twisting, Darth Maul regained the offensive and counterattacked, using both ends of his lightsaber in an effort to cut Obi-Wan's legs out from under him. But Obi-Wan, while not so experienced as Qui-Gon, was quicker. Anticipating each blow, he was able to elude his antagonist's efforts to bring him down.

Source: The Phantom Menace
A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

didn't Count Dooku kick Obi Wan's a$$? i dont see how Qui Gon Jin {(who was killed by Darth Maul, and Obi Wan killed Darth Maul)} stands a chance.

Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be like Anakin vs Kenobi , with Anakin being Qui-Gon ( raged / apprentice ) and Dooku being Kenobi ( calm / master ) .

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CD

Avatar image for imboredletsdebate
ImBoredLetsDebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beingfatissupercool: Dooku also loved Obi-Wan (not love, but I don't really have better words), but it didn't make much difference.

Also, Dooku knows Qui-Gon's form in and out like the back of his hand:

Kenobi's Master had been Qui-Gon Jinn, Dooku's own Padawan; Dooku had fenced Qui-Gon thousands of times, and he knew every weakness of the Ataro form, with its ridiculous acrobatics.

Source: Revenge of the Sith

Dooku has also trained Grievous in Ataru (Grievous knows all the forms), and he sparred/fought Yoda and Qui-Gon countless times. He would know Ataru in an almost encyclopedic fashion, whereas Qui-Gon is only stated to master the same fighting techniques Dooku did, but probably either only to an equal or lesser extent.

I think it would be a safe assumption that Qui-Gon would also know every, or most, weakness(es) of Makashi, considering he fenced with Dooku "thousands of times".

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku, but i dont think by as much as others are saying. But that could just be my bias for Qui-gon.

Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imboredletsdebate:

He knows, but i posted earlier something that there's no source stating Dooku knew Ataru , but i edited quickly after but he saw my first post, that's why he mentioned it lol

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol wait, there's people who actually think Jinn can win?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would assume Dooku, but i'm really not sure.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku

Xenonyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd think Dooku but Jinn would still put up a good fight.

Avatar image for imboredletsdebate
ImBoredLetsDebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beingfatissupercool: I know. I'm just saying that I disagree with "He would know Ataru in an almost encyclopedic fashion, whereas Qui-Gon is only stated to master the same fighting techniques Dooku did". I think the it could be said that Qui-Gon also knows Makashi in an almost encyclopedic fashion.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imboredletsdebate: My post was directed towards his first post which originally claimed that Qui-Gon's form knowledge was greater than Tyranus's.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

didn't Count Dooku kick Obi Wan's a$$? i dont see how Qui Gon Jin {(who was killed by Darth Maul, and Obi Wan killed Darth Maul)} stands a chance.

Qui-Gon was more powerful than TPM Kenobi.

Also (probably) Qui-Gon physically stronger than any version of Kenobi, he staggered TPM Maul with one back-hand slap, that is some physical strength feat that Kenobi never accomplished in his entire life.

And this, (his physical strength) is Qui-Gon's only chance to defeat Count's makashi, Qui-Gon knows Dooku's style better than anyone (as his old padawan), with force rage amplification, his amped strength might win few rounds, not for a majority though.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Qui-Gon is not physically stronger than Obi-Wan (with Dark Rage, maybe). Qui-Gon has clashed blades with Maul with enough force for the latter to feel the blow throughout his body, and he has staggered Maul. These are superior showings to Qui-Gon knocking Maul off a bridge whilst Maul had just kicked Obi-Wan off a bridge and was in an unideal situation to be defending himself.

Obi-Wan has kicked Maul back a meter or two, which at least rivals those showings.

I don't see why Qui-Gon would be able to take advantage of knowing Dooku's form but Dooku not being able to take advantage of Qui-Gon's form, which lacks defensive abilities and thus Jinn would be hard-pressed to fend off assaults from Tyranus, not to mention that Dooku has repeatedly disposed of Obi-Wan both physically and in the Force with minimal effort despite them being on a similar level skilfully, and Kenobi is both more skilled, more durable and more powerful than Qui-Gon. The edge Qui-Gon could have is Dark Rage, but that could also leave him tired more quickly and could leave him vulnerable to counterattack, not to mention it does nothing to enhance his power levels and so Tyranus would dispose of him by ragdolling him.

xxAcid_spitxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku more powerful, more skilled, and faster. He wins every time.

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Erkan12:

supernova said,

Qui-Gon is not physically stronger than Obi-Wan (with Dark Rage, maybe). Qui-Gon has clashed blades with Maul with enough force for the latter to feel the blow throughout his body, and he has staggered Maul. These are superior showings to Qui-Gon knocking Maul off a bridge whilst Maul had just kicked Obi-Wan off a bridge and was in an unideal situation to be defending himself. Obi-Wan has kicked Maul back a meter or two, which at least rivals those showings. I don't see why Qui- Gon would be able to take advantage of knowing Dooku's form but Dooku not being able to take advantage of Qui-Gon's form, which lacks defensive abilities and thus Jinn would be hard-pressed to fend off assaults from Tyranus, not to mention that Dooku has repeatedly disposed of Obi-Wan both physically and in the Force with minimal effort despite them being on a similar level skilfully, and Kenobi is both more skilled, more durable and more powerful than Qui-Gon. The edge Qui-Gon could have is Dark Rage.

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By A1l_S2a3m4E5N

@Erkan12:

shootingnova said,

Qui-Gon is not physically stronger than Obi-Wan (with Dark Rage, maybe). Qui-Gon has clashed blades with Maul with enough force for the latter to feel the blow throughout his body, and he has staggered Maul. These are superior showings to Qui-Gon knocking Maul off a bridge whilst Maul had just kicked Obi-Wan off a bridge and was in an unideal situation to be defending himself. Obi-Wan has kicked Maul back a meter or two, which at least rivals those showings. I don't see why Qui- Gon would be able to take advantage of knowing Dooku's form but Dooku not being able to take advantage of Qui-Gon's form, which lacks defensive abilities and thus Jinn would be hard-pressed to fend off assaults from Tyranus, not to mention that Dooku has repeatedly disposed of Obi-Wan both physically and in the Force with minimal effort despite them being on a similar level skilfully, and Kenobi is both more skilled, more durable and more powerful than Qui-Gon. The edge Qui-Gon could have is Dark Rage.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Erkan12

Btw, I've noticed a new accolade for Qui-gon Jinn,

The dark warrior caused mayhem and disruption and succeeded in destroying one of the galaxy's greatest Jedi Knights.

Star Wars Fact Files #01

And here, another physical strength feat ;

He is cracking the stone wall with his bare hands for climbing it.

No Caption Provided

Jedi - The Dark Side #04

JHG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Count Dooku for sure. He's the clear superior in the Force.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff
deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Dooku via ragdoll. A physical contest might be interesting because of Jinn's strength, but Dooku also knows his form inside-out as per the RotS novel.

firelordiroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku snaps his neck

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku easily

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Qui-Gon is bloodlusted he could honestly oneshot with midichlorian manipulation. Conventionally he gets liquefied by the Count.

reaperace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 reaperace  Moderator

If Qui-Gon is bloodlusted he could honestly oneshot with midichlorian manipulation. Conventionally he gets liquefied by the Count.

Qui-Gon can MM? where was this stated?

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperace: I'll grab the quote when I get home but in Lone Wollf Obi-Wan reveals Qui-Gon taught him an ability that allows you to selectively rewrite and dominate a persons mind that can't be detected or defended against because it does so via midichlorians (but if you stuff it up it renders them braindead). However it's very difficult because the "midichlorians themselves always protest it's use" and therefore you have to override them.

AKA the shit that eluded Plagueis for decades.

It's remarkably consistent too when you remember that Hego was scared of Jinn

Avatar image for deactivated-6078e3dfb955a
deactivated-6078e3dfb955a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaperace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 reaperace  Moderator

@reaperace: I'll grab the quote when I get home but in Lone Wollf Obi-Wan reveals Qui-Gon taught him an ability that allows you to selectively rewrite and dominate a persons mind that can't be detected or defended against because it does so via midichlorians (but if you stuff it up it renders them braindead). However it's very difficult because the "midichlorians themselves always protest it's use" and therefore you have to override them.

Wow, I actually never knew about this, I should grab the Lone Wolf ASAP.

Btw Thanks.

Avatar image for deactivated-6341bc306bfd1
deactivated-6341bc306bfd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365 said:

Wow, I actually never knew about this, I should grab the Lone Wolf ASAP.

Btw Thanks.

So basically mind-control but not on a psionic level, rather on a biological/physical level

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku comfortably

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers