• 55 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by jumpstart55 (2279 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Edited by jumpstart55 (2279 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Whose the better detective out the bunch 
2.Whose your favorite detective out of the bunch.    

#3 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret option! I choose Dirk Gently because he's awesome.

#4 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough call...I'll go with Sherlock.

#5 Posted by Soloman (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman! Technology gives him the edge.

#6 Edited by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Either BatMan or Sherlock Holmes is the greatest detective. Sherlock lived in a time where forensic methods were very limited, and yet he still deduced the truth behind the most convoluted situations. BatMan, however, has accomplished very similar feats in conclusive capability and should be on par with him. As to who is superior between the two, I could not decide. I have read several Sherlock works by Doyle and several BatMan works from DC, and the difficulty in comparing the two is the resources available. That said, it would appear that Sherlock surpasses him, given the fact that he had fewer resources, but understanding the scales on which BatMan has solved crimes, he may have the advantage also. Difficult choice, in my opinion. 
2. BatMan. 

#7 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Sherlock 
2. Question

#8 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Sherlock 
2. Question

#9 Posted by The Average Bear (2080 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" 1. Either BatMan or Sherlock is the greatest detective. Sherlock lived in a time where forensic methods were very limited, and yet he still deduced the truth behind the most convoluted situations. BatMan, however, has accomplished very similar feats in conclusive capability and should be on par with him. As to who is superior between the two, I could not decide. I have read several Sherlock works by Doyle and several BatMan works from DC, and the difficulty in comparing the two is the resources available. That said, it would appear that Sherlock surpasses him, but given the scales on which BatMan has solved crimes, he may have the advantage also. Difficult choice, in my opinion. 2. BatMan.  "
I think this goes back to your first argument on whom is the better detective. Sherlock's era was limited in resources, and yet through observing and deduction alone, he was able to solve crimes that would stump todays best detectives. Batman, too, is a genius and brilliant in his own right. But Batman would be much less of a character without his gadgets. And also, Batman utilizes interrogation to find leads as well. Another method that differs and also sets him in a different group from Sherlock.
#10 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman for both easily

#11 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Average Bear said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" 1. Either BatMan or Sherlock is the greatest detective. Sherlock lived in a time where forensic methods were very limited, and yet he still deduced the truth behind the most convoluted situations. BatMan, however, has accomplished very similar feats in conclusive capability and should be on par with him. As to who is superior between the two, I could not decide. I have read several Sherlock works by Doyle and several BatMan works from DC, and the difficulty in comparing the two is the resources available. That said, it would appear that Sherlock surpasses him, but given the scales on which BatMan has solved crimes, he may have the advantage also. Difficult choice, in my opinion. 2. BatMan.  "
I think this goes back to your first argument on whom is the better detective. Sherlock's era was limited in resources, and yet through observing and deduction alone, he was able to solve crimes that would stump todays best detectives. Batman, too, is a genius and brilliant in his own right. But Batman would be much less of a character without his gadgets. And also, Batman utilizes interrogation to find leads as well. Another method that differs and also sets him in a different group from Sherlock. "
Sherlock did question suspects though. He just did not initiate brutal interrogations the way BatMan does. BatMan has proven though to work without large amounts of resources. He has managed to uncover the answers in cases without the use of various forensic equipment. So that point actually can be argued. 
#12 Posted by The Average Bear (2080 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" @The Average Bear said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" 1. Either BatMan or Sherlock is the greatest detective. Sherlock lived in a time where forensic methods were very limited, and yet he still deduced the truth behind the most convoluted situations. BatMan, however, has accomplished very similar feats in conclusive capability and should be on par with him. As to who is superior between the two, I could not decide. I have read several Sherlock works by Doyle and several BatMan works from DC, and the difficulty in comparing the two is the resources available. That said, it would appear that Sherlock surpasses him, but given the scales on which BatMan has solved crimes, he may have the advantage also. Difficult choice, in my opinion. 2. BatMan.  "
I think this goes back to your first argument on whom is the better detective. Sherlock's era was limited in resources, and yet through observing and deduction alone, he was able to solve crimes that would stump todays best detectives. Batman, too, is a genius and brilliant in his own right. But Batman would be much less of a character without his gadgets. And also, Batman utilizes interrogation to find leads as well. Another method that differs and also sets him in a different group from Sherlock. "
Sherlock did question suspects though. He just did not initiate brutal interrogations the way BatMan does. BatMan has proven though to work without large amounts of resources. He has managed to uncover the answers in cases without the use of various forensic equipment. So that point actually can be argued.  "
I wasn't saying it couldn't be argued. I was providing an argument. Either way, Batman or Sherlock takes the first "battle" in my opinion.
#13 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Average Bear said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @The Average Bear said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" 1. Either BatMan or Sherlock is the greatest detective. Sherlock lived in a time where forensic methods were very limited, and yet he still deduced the truth behind the most convoluted situations. BatMan, however, has accomplished very similar feats in conclusive capability and should be on par with him. As to who is superior between the two, I could not decide. I have read several Sherlock works by Doyle and several BatMan works from DC, and the difficulty in comparing the two is the resources available. That said, it would appear that Sherlock surpasses him, but given the scales on which BatMan has solved crimes, he may have the advantage also. Difficult choice, in my opinion. 2. BatMan.  "
I think this goes back to your first argument on whom is the better detective. Sherlock's era was limited in resources, and yet through observing and deduction alone, he was able to solve crimes that would stump todays best detectives. Batman, too, is a genius and brilliant in his own right. But Batman would be much less of a character without his gadgets. And also, Batman utilizes interrogation to find leads as well. Another method that differs and also sets him in a different group from Sherlock. "
Sherlock did question suspects though. He just did not initiate brutal interrogations the way BatMan does. BatMan has proven though to work without large amounts of resources. He has managed to uncover the answers in cases without the use of various forensic equipment. So that point actually can be argued.  "
I wasn't saying it couldn't be argued. I was providing an argument. Either way, Batman or Sherlock takes the first "battle" in my opinion. "
I understand.
#14 Posted by manx422 (477 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats in both

#15 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

alternative: Monk!

#16 Posted by Achilles. (3847 posts) - - Show Bio

sherlock

#17 Edited by Donovan Montgomery (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the difference between Sherlock and Batman is Batman's looking for the answers while Sherlock just want's the questions. 
 
@jumpstart55:

Did I mention, awsom pic?

#18 Posted by Ms. Omega (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be an interesting team up :)

#19 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Bruce.
2) Bruce, and Vic in second.

#20 Posted by dragonmaster (205 posts) - - Show Bio

1.batman 
2.batman

#21 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Sherlock 
2. Sherlock

#22 Posted by karrob (4283 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" 1. Either BatMan or Sherlock Holmes is the greatest detective. Sherlock lived in a time where forensic methods were very limited, and yet he still deduced the truth behind the most convoluted situations. BatMan, however, has accomplished very similar feats in conclusive capability and should be on par with him. As to who is superior between the two, I could not decide. I have read several Sherlock works by Doyle and several BatMan works from DC, and the difficulty in comparing the two is the resources available. That said, it would appear that Sherlock surpasses him, given the fact that he had fewer resources, but understanding the scales on which BatMan has solved crimes, he may have the advantage also. Difficult choice, in my opinion. 2. BatMan.  "
#23 Posted by jumpstart55 (2279 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donovan Montgomery said:
" I think the difference between Sherlock and Batman is Batman's looking for the answers while Sherlock just want's the questions. 
 
@jumpstart55:
Did I mention, awsom pic? "
Thanks man.
#24 Posted by Jezer (3151 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donovan Montgomery said:
"I think the difference between Sherlock and Batman is Batman's looking for the answers while Sherlock just want's the questions. 
 


I'm sorry.... but that sounds pretty ridiculous.
#25 Edited by Crom-Cruach (8901 posts) - - Show Bio

1-Sherlock without question
2-Tie between Sherlock and Batman as I loved Arthur Conan Doyle's novels when I was a kid, still do.
 
@jumpstart55:
That is an awesome picture BTW.

#26 Posted by Hi I'm New (300 posts) - - Show Bio

#27 Posted by Hi I'm New (300 posts) - - Show Bio

just wanted to post that and not ruin the awesomeness of the symbol with words, I vote Sherlock for the first and Wayne for the second.

#28 Posted by Jerry Seinfeld (598 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Batman due to resources 
2. IDK it's between Batman and Rorschach
#29 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5464 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jezer:
It does, doesn't it? 
 
I think what I was trying to say is Batman tries to solve the case (who,how and why) while Sherlock tries to find why it was done, cause he's already solved the who and how.
#30 Posted by NaruNick073 (173 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Batman 
2) Batman

#31 Posted by HeraldOfGalactus (61 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Sherlock 
2. Batman and Sherlock
#32 Posted by DickGrayson (330 posts) - - Show Bio

Rorschach, Batman, Sherlock, and Vic. That is the most logical Answer

#33 Edited by Wolfrazer (7443 posts) - - Show Bio

1. If its without resources(meaning no high tech stuff), then its really a tie between Rorschach, Vic, Spirit and Sherlock, I feel as if Batman relies too heavily on his super computers and what not. If its with resources however, then Batman cause he can afford all this high tech stuff to help him whereas the other 4 can't. 
 
2. Being that they are the same person, though with very few differences. Gonna have to just go both Vic/Rorschach 
 
Also awesome picture.

#34 Posted by CrimsonCake (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember this thread,

1.Sherlock

2.The Question.

#35 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20427 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Best Detective - Sherlock Holmes
  2. Favorite Detective - Rorschach
#36 Edited by Wolfrazer (7443 posts) - - Show Bio

Also that picture shows that suits look more boss then Batman's outfit. Sorry Bats, your outfit is cool and all, but those guys suits are just awesome not to mention they don't rely on fancy gadgets. In fact....*goes to make thread, stealing the picture*

#37 Posted by TK_Beast (5 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Batman

2. Question (go Charles!)

#38 Posted by comic_book_fan (5840 posts) - - Show Bio

the question batman has admitted question was better because he was willing to go farther in his pursuit of clues.

and I can't decide 3 way tie between Holmes question and batman

#39 Posted by DevilMayRaven (49 posts) - - Show Bio

British Sherlock would stomp all of them.

British Sherlock.

#40 Posted by dondave (38790 posts) - - Show Bio

Psychic Detective Shawn Spencer ftw

#41 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6303 posts) - - Show Bio

Question

#42 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6303 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Question

just curious what detective feats does question have?

Eh, not a lot. But this is an opinionated question and hes my favorite out of the group.

#44 Posted by Wolverine08 (45086 posts) - - Show Bio

@cara_hunter: He has been repeatedly called the second best detective in DC behind Batman.

#45 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (16027 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Batman.

#46 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (19517 posts) - - Show Bio

Holmes lolstomps them, and favourite..perhaps Batman? unsure. kind of tie in all five lol

#47 Edited by rexplosion (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though Batman is the World's Greatest Detective, Sherlock Holmes is on another level. The things he deduces from just pure observation is amazing.

#48 Posted by Anzendenai (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Question

#49 Posted by IheartZombies92--defunct (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

British Sherlock would stomp all of them.

British Sherlock.

#50 Edited by Delcar (107 posts) - - Show Bio

sherlock do the same as batman without his rich guy technology, just with his brain.