#1 Posted by Hyperlight (5926 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan scott has full command of the starheart, but it isnt controlling him

Quasar has been training with Ken Connell , the previous weilder, for 9 months

morals off

takes place on the moon

who wins?

#2 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

Starbrand is extremely powerful, Ereskigal for one with starbrand was able to pwn Lord Order and Master Chaos (2 abstract beings) and go toe to toe with living tribunal (do i really have to say who won in that fight :p ).

So starbrand by itself at full powers is more powerful than Starheart.

Problem? Alan Scott with starheart actually has better feat than Quasar with starbrand, who pretty much used it for teleportation that i know of.

Alan Scott FTW despite him fighting against someone with superior weapon, due to lack of feats .

#3 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

Starbrand is extremely powerful, Ereskigal for one with starbrand was able to pwn Lord Order and Master Chaos (2 abstract beings) and go toe to toe with living tribunal (do i really have to say who won in that fight :p ).

So starbrand by itself at full powers is more powerful than Starheart.

Problem? Alan Scott with starheart actually has better feat than Quasar with starbrand, who pretty much used it for teleportation that i know of.

Alan Scott FTW despite him fighting against someone with superior weapon, due to lack of feats .

According to LT it would be close actually, that is why they've started a contest between Surfer and Quasar.  

And morals are off, so nothing would actually stop Quasar from using full power.
#4 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

According to LT it would be close actually, that is why they've started a contest between Surfer and Quasar. And morals are off, so nothing would actually stop Quasar from using full power.

I know thats what i was trying to potray, that starbrand for one is pretty powerful.

That being said, how do we know Quasar can access the full abilities. He did have starbrand for a short while, and all i remember is him using it for teleportation from an alternate universe to theirs, and running around with it while Marvel Boy was playing Quasar.

#5 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

According to LT it would be close actually, that is why they've started a contest between Surfer and Quasar. And morals are off, so nothing would actually stop Quasar from using full power.

I know thats what i was trying to potray, that starbrand for one is pretty powerful.

That being said, how do we know Quasar can access the full abilities. He did have starbrand for a short while, and all i remember is him using it for teleportation from an alternate universe to theirs, and running around with it while Marvel Boy was playing Quasar.

Even though, if your able to go to to toe with Living Tribunal you should win.

#6 Posted by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

I think that's why he said in the OP that he trained with the previous wielder for 9 months which should be more than enough time to know how to use it properly

#7 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Point being he has no feats with the said starbrand, despite having it for about 7 issues. And starbrand for one isnt a weapon that gives everyone the same power.

@Blacharrt1 said:

I think that's why he said in the OP that he trained with the previous wielder for 9 months which should be more than enough time to know how to use it properly

Lets turn it around, that way i think i can make my argument seem a little better. Take a random Lantern with GL ring, take Kyle Rayner with GL ring, even after having 9 months of training do you think the un-named lantern here would weild it with same power level.

thats the point i am raising, because starbrand has passed from person to person. There have been 7 people that i remember who have weilded the starbrand within 2 story arc: Starbrand saga and Operation Galactic Storm, and none of them were as powerful as Ereshkigal in the series, so why would Quasar automatically be at that power level? And given the lack of feat attributing him such power level, at least to me seems unfair.

#8 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Point being he has no feats with the said starbrand, despite having it for about 7 issues. And starbrand for one isnt a weapon that gives everyone the same power.

@Blacharrt1 said:

Lets turn it around, that way i think i can make my argument seem a little better. Take a random Lantern with GL ring, take Kyle Rayner with GL ring, even after having 9 months of training do you think the un-named lantern here would weild it with same power level.

thats the point i am raising, because starbrand has passed from person to person. There have been 7 people that i remember who have weilded the starbrand within 2 story arc: Starbrand saga and Operation Galactic Storm, and none of them were as powerful as Ereshkigal in the series, so why would Quasar automatically be at that power level? And given the lack of feat attributing him such power level, at least to me seems unfair.

I see.

#9 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4344 posts) - - Show Bio

doesn't starbrand have more versatility than the starheart?

#10 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Blacharrt1 said:

And You're sure that Quasar got whole Starbrand? I remember that his friend/girlfriend had it in the same time.
#11 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Going Alan.

#12 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

And You're sure that Quasar got whole Starbrand? I remember that his friend/girlfriend had it in the same time.

As far as i remember, yes. Jim Hanrahan did give him the full starbrand to escape the new universe.