• 55 results
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the darknessss

Q arrives on earth only to be met by Dr strange,fight on,winner? {im not 100% which Dr strange version is most powerful,but its that version here}

Dr. Strange (by Jayson Hotchkiss)
Dr. Strange (by Jayson Hotchkiss)
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LT1085

Something tells me that you aren't 100% who Q is either...

darkrein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By darkrein
@LT1085 said:

" Something tells me that you aren't 100% who Q is either... "

Peak strange is strange with prep and at that point he has resisted cosmic beings and the infinity gauntlet.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LT1085
@darkrein:  Peak Dr. Strange would be what is referred to as 'classic' Dr. Strange. Prep was not addressed in the OP so we are to assume that there is no prep. Which cosmic beings? Strange>IG=PIS
darkrein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By darkrein
@LT1085:  The OP only said that were using the strongest Doctor strange version, and the strongest Doctor strange is Doctor strange with prep.
If we ignore the prep thing Avatar of eternity strange >>> Arioch strange >>> Classic strange. (Arioch strange did take place during the Classic era, so if you can call him "classic strange is debatable) 

As for the cosmic beings?
The in-betweener
Galactus
The living tribunal (Didn't actual "fight him" in the traditional sense, but he surpassed his expectations 3-4 times in one pannel)
Death
Shuma-gorath in his own realm 

He's also fought numerous other high level beings that aren't exactly "cosmic"
Ikonn 
Mephisto
satannish
dormmamu
Chthon
deathurge
zom 
and probably more that i don't remember.
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By the darknessss
@LT1085:
i know of Q's powers,but im sure the most powerful version of Dr strange can put up a fight here?
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LT1085
@darkrein:  Doctor Strange with prep is Doctor strange with prep. Doctor Strange with prep is NOT a version of Doctor Strange
darkrein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By darkrein
@LT1085: The oxford definition of version is
" a particular form of something differing in certain respects from an earlier form or other forms of the same type of thing" 
Strange with prep differs from Normal strange because he has prep. That would mean he's a version of strange.
darkrein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By darkrein

If Strange with prep is a version of Strange or no, were getting off topic.  
Either Arioch strange or Avatar of eternity strange should be able to defeat Q.
During the Q civil war, the Q's were using weapons to try and kill the other Q's.When Q (original) had fired a weapon, he had stated he had just destroyed a galaxy. Now if the Q's are using weapons i think we can safely assume it's to increase their destructive ability. Which would mean that q is likely <<< then a galaxy buster.
Eternity is obviously >>>> Galaxy busting so avatar strange should be >>> Q. And the excess power radiating off of Arioch strange would destroy our galaxy is he was to come back to our dimension without releasing his power. Classic strange could reproduce most if not all of Q's feats, and by power scaling Arioch and Avatar should be >>>> that.

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LT1085
@darkrein said:
" @LT1085: The oxford definition of version is " a particular form of something differing in certain respects from an earlier form or other forms of the same type of thing"  Strange with prep differs from Normal strange because he has prep. That would mean he's a version of strange. "
Okay, listen new kid, I know you only have 332 posts, so I can't expect you to be a competent user right off the bat. But,  It doesn't matter what one of  the dictionary definitions of the word is, in the battle forums it means what I said. End of argument.
darkrein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By darkrein
@LT1085: I'm not a "New guy" My alt account had 1500 posts and my animevice account has 4500. 
Why exactly is your definition better then oxfords? I don't remember seeing an official vocab thread for the site that defined Version.  
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does people belive Q is so weak?
He create a time/space paradox, he created universes without a problem, how does Strange could beat him?

angryvigilante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By angryvigilante

Q is way more powerful in my opinion, plus if we assume Strange has prep then we can also assume Q does as well.

darkrein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By darkrein
@DeathpooltheT1000:  Unless your talking about the EU Q has never come close to creating a Universe.
@angryvigilante:
yes, but strange has much better feats with prep.
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkrein: EU is not Cannon only movie and tv show are canon.
angryvigilante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By angryvigilante
@darkrein: Seeing what Q has done without prep is pretty dam scary.
darkrein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By darkrein
@DeathpooltheT1000: I Realize that. Which is why i'm asking when he created a universe in canon. 
@angryvigilante:
The scary thing is, Doctor strange can recreate most of Q's feats. I Think that Q is overrated (definitely not omnipotent, i would say mid skyfather probably)
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkrein said:
" @DeathpooltheT1000: I Realize that. Which is why i'm asking when he created a universe in canon. 
@angryvigilante: The scary thing is, Doctor strange can recreate most of Q's feats. I Think that Q is overrated (definitely not omnipotent, i would say mid skyfather probably) "
He created, The Last episode of The Next Generation, The Robin hood episode and when Picard dies, he change the universe.
what means he can control, time and space.
To bad Voyager ruined the character,m because Voyager was less popular that Q
darkrein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By darkrein
@DeathpooltheT1000: Both are impressive, but we have nothing to make us believe that Q created an entire universe for his "play" (based on his other feats it's very unlikely) and strange would also have the ability to create a time paradox. 
DrEgonSpengler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DrEgonSpengler
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Classic Strange might be able to do it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By beatboks1
@darkrein said:
@LT1085:  The OP only said that were using the strongest Doctor strange version, and the strongest Doctor strange is Doctor strange with prep. If we ignore the prep thing Avatar of eternity strange >>> Arioch strange >>> Classic strange. (Arioch strange did take place during the Classic era, so if you can call him "classic strange is debatable)   As for the cosmic beings? The in-betweener Galactus The living tribunal (Didn't actual "fight him" in the traditional sense, but he surpassed his expectations 3-4 times in one pannel) Death Shuma-gorath in his own realm   He's also fought numerous other high level beings that aren't exactly "cosmic" Ikonn  Mephisto satannish dormmamu Chthon deathurge zom  and probably more that i don't remember.
Classic Strange (i.e Sorcerer Supreme ) is the most powerful version. Some of the cosmic's you've listed "Classic Strange" fought and matched or defeated without prep. Classic Strange like all comics supreme level mystics ( Spectre, "classic" Dr Fate for example) can draw power from multiple sources. These characters have had wins against characters who are usually more powerful than them by actually drawing on their opponents power or other powerful sources outside the norm ( "classic" Strange used the power of the dark realms against {as in Dormmamu's realm and source of power) against Dormmamu. He used part of Shuma Goraths power against him. Fate similarly used the power of both the lords of order and Chaos and the human spirit against the aligned lords of Order and Chaos Ynar and Vandeamon.

Q isn't "omnipotent" this has been stated several times in various Star Trek series. his is a race that evolved to a higher existence, and according to the end of NG it's the expectation of the Q continuum that the human race will surpass them. 

I wouldn't by any means count "classic" Strange out, but he does have quite a fight on his hands.
Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Assman
@darkrein said:
@LT1085 said:

Peak strange is strange with prep and at that point he has resisted cosmic beings and the infinity gauntlet.
Um, Strange has never resisted the IG, to my knowledge.
Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

actaully Q will give strange a battle worthy of a decorated magician 
then kills him

Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Boobster
@Assman said:
@darkrein said:
@LT1085 said:

True, in fact he was owned by Power Gem alone.
tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By tron_bonne

I think Q is like The Stranger

darkrein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By darkrein
 @Assman said: @Boobster
@darkrein said:
@LT1085 said:

I don't know why you people bumped this thread but i can't let my good name go unsullied. 
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By isaac_clarke
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
Why does people belive Q is so weak? He create a time/space paradox, he created universes without a problem, how does Strange could beat him?
Because his showings are parlor tricks for the most part and teleportation. The big stuff deals primarily with time manipulation and implied power.
Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Assman
@darkrein said:
 @Assman said: @Boobster
@darkrein said:
@LT1085 said:

I don't know why you people bumped this thread but i can't let my good name go unsullied. 
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Not sure the term 'resisted/resisting the ig' is the correct term? That has more to do with Warlock than the ig, which is why in the first issue of Warlcok & Infinity Watch the LT ruled against Warlock holding onto it cause it was unstable.  IG>>>>>>>Strange still many times over.
Amazingoctus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Amazingoctus

Q. Very little Strange can do.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Peak Strange might just win.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@JediXMan

Heyyyyy look at that. Me two weeks younger thinks the same as current me.
Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Boobster
@JediXMan said:
Peak Strange might just win.

So that is supposed to mean what ? He did nothing there. Right before that issue he couldn't even beat Umar on his own.
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Q change reallity. 
So far all the so call evidence in every battle Q is, this guy can do anything with PIS powers. 
That why is caled PIS.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Skaddix

Q takes it. Q is like Wanda or Franklin except for he is not crazy and knows what he is doing.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By isaac_clarke
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
Q change reallity. So far all the so call evidence in every battle Q is, this guy can do anything with PIS powers. That why is caled PIS.  
Parlor tricks that dozens of other characters that can beat out.    
Like I said the best feats Q musters all involve time manipulation.

@Skaddix said:
Q takes it. Q is like Wanda or Franklin except for he is not crazy and knows what he is doing.
His feats are no where near that good. 
Much like the fact a couple of modified phasers can have multiple Q at gun point, I very much doubt Strange at his most powerful wouldn't bulldoze through him.
Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Skaddix

Modified Phasers never held multiple Q at gunpoints. Q superweapons used to kill other Q that looked like crappy weapons held multiple Q at gunpoint.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Skaddix said:
Modified Phasers never held multiple Q at gunpoints. Q superweapons used to kill other Q that looked like crappy weapons held multiple Q at gunpoint.
Still that dont change the fact this guys only read thing on the Q battle and dont go to see the series, they hate Q for the fact he could destroy almost every comic book character.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Skaddix said:
The female Q modified their phasers to be able to hold them at gunpoint.  
If you want to claim that each of those phasers was now capable of galaxy busting more power to you. 

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
Still that dont change the fact this guys only read thing on the Q battle and dont go to see the series, they hate Q for the fact he could destroy almost every comic book character.
Big star trek fan, well maybe not super big, but I've seen all of Q's showings in the actual series. Q's can be harmed, killed and even self admittedly aren't omnipotent.
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke said:
@Skaddix said:
The female Q modified their phasers to be able to hold them at gunpoint.  
If you want to claim that each of those phasers was now capable of galaxy busting more power to you. 

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
Big star trek fan, well maybe not super big, but I've seen all of Q's showings in the actual series. Q's can be harmed, killed and even self admittedly aren't omnipotent.
So is not a normal phaser, since there is no way to know what the Q did to the weapon.
theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By theicon

Q wins    

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By isaac_clarke
 @DeathpooltheT1000 said: 
So is not a normal phaser, since there is no way to know what the Q did to the weapon.
Federation technology has it's limits, said Q if I recall couldn't even use her powers at the time so she would just have access to her vast knowledge.  
Albeit that has it limits as well given Geordi's frustration when a depowered Q was seeking refuge on the Enterprise and he wasn't being very helpful.

@theicon
said:
Q wins    
How?
jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jojjimbo

Classic Strange held his own with LT(not saying he could beat LT) so Q wins but this fight isn't a stomp for either of them.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By isaac_clarke
@jojjimbo said:
Classic Strange held his own with LT(not saying he could beat LT) so Q wins but this fight isn't a stomp for either of them.
Are you trying to say Q would hold his own against LT?
Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic Strange was humbled by the In-Betweener.

Q is much higher up the ladder than the In-Betweener.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By isaac_clarke
@High Revolutionary said:
Classic Strange was humbled by the In-Betweener.  Q is much higher up the ladder than the In-Betweener.
How so?
Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke said:
Classic Strange was humbled by the In-Betweener.  Q is much higher up the ladder than the In-Betweener.
How so?
Not bound to order and chaos.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By isaac_clarke

@isaac_clarke said:

How so?
Not bound to order and chaos.
Not seeing how that bumps Q up the ladder.   
At the end of the day they are simply a highly evolved race that is unable to surpass it's own evolutionary brick wall, not even omnipotent and possessing clear distinctions of power among-st their own. 
The suicide of a single Q had the continuum in complete chaos.
jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jojjimbo
@isaac_clarke said:
@jojjimbo said:
Are you trying to say Q would hold his own against LT?
Yeah....i don't think he would win, but he could hold his own, for a while anyway,  just like strange did.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By isaac_clarke
@jojjimbo said:

Yeah....i don't think he would win, but he could hold his own, for a while anyway,  just like strange did.

The thing is Strange was using Magic against LT, much like LT responded with Magic.  
There is really nothing Q can do to LT if LT actually uses his own power it won't be a long fight and I'm not even entirely sure Q would tank magic that well either since it seems non existent in Star Trek.