Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By JackKnight

Q from Star Trek (Full Powered)

vs

Anti-Monitor (Full Powered)

Who wins and why? personally I'm going with Q on this one but remember Anti-Monitor is at full power so this fight could be interesting.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Dextersinister

Anti-Monitor, the 5th dimensional imps are practically the same thing as the Q and even they would have been taken out by the Monitor.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Lord_Johnathan

Q has exactly zero feats to show that he's on Odin's level, much less the god damned Anti-monitor's.

I do however, love your Sontaran avatar.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By terry2012

Q is nothing more but a tricker's and that is it.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sethlol

@terry2012 said:

Q is nothing more but a tricker's and that is it.

Avatar image for clarkjosephkent1938dc
ClarkJosephKent1938DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Q does actuall have quite impressive feats. He has control over space and time. He can control matter and energy. He has power over life and death and has shown the ability to create his own universe. He can also alter reality.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JohnnyZ256

@Lord_Johnathan:

Odin can die, Q has never shown this ability.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dondave

Anti-Monitor

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL! at comparing a 3rd Dimensional Odin to a 11th Dimensional Q.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dextersinister

@JohnnyZ256 said:

@Lord_Johnathan:

Odin can die, Q has never shown this ability.

Q have died, lots of them died when they had a civil war.

Q are reality warpers in a bubble, they have no competition or comparison in how they would react to other cosmic beings other than themselves. This goes to Anti because he exists in a setting with an army of cosmics and he is very high on the food chain. As I said before if they existed in the DC setting they would simply take the place of the imps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About the Q Civil War.

There was no War.

The War was a ploy created by Q specifically for Janeway.

Also. Q is not a race....

There is only ONE Q and that Q is the entirety of the Q Continuum.

All Q is one person. or better said, One thing. A Continuum with a conscious.

The super powered species known as the Douwd are powerful enough to blink entire species and history out of existence with a mere thought, yet they are far weaker in comparison to the Q Continuum who basically alters the cause and effects of a multiverse.

The Q is so powerful that it can create multiple of itself with different faces and figures. It can subtract power within itself and add powers or even multiply the power. It can "kill" itself or even "a whole race of itself" and then blink it back as though nothing happened. Q is the paradox. The only way it is beaten is by accepting what it shows the individual what it is trying to enlighten.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dextersinister

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: The Q here established as a race, most of the episodes in Voyager with the Q revolved around fractures in there way of life. Where are you getting your info from?

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JohnnyZ256

@Dextersinister:

I meant a non-Q killing a Q. Besides, I could be wrong, but I don't recall any statement made in that episode that Qs were killed. Certainly no Qs were shown onscreen being killed.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By terry2012

@JohnnyZ256: He can if those who are higher than him takes away his powers. I forget the episode it was when he needed the Picard Help to get his powers back otherwise he dies and he was afraid of death. He had to pass some sort test for higher ups to get his powers back. So in other words it can be strip of his powers.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JohnnyZ256

@terry2012: Yeah, but then he's not really a Q anymore, but a humanoid of some sort, and of course a Q, a Borg, or a Calamarain, etc., could kill him.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By terry2012

@JohnnyZ256: True, although I don't know about the Borg.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dextersinister

@JohnnyZ256 said:

@Dextersinister:

I meant a non-Q killing a Q. Besides, I could be wrong, but I don't recall any statement made in that episode that Qs were killed. Certainly no Qs were shown onscreen being killed.

It's still an instance of a Q dying and not at just the hands of Q, Voyagers crew where capable of killing them with the Q weaponry.

As I mentioned before existing in a bubble is really good for the Q here as it means they have little comparison when it comes to how they would interact with other cosmic's. Anti-Monitor has probably thee most destructive feat in fiction that wasn't reversed and would have devoured countless copies of the various Q like races that existed in the DC omniverse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dextersinister said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: The Q here established as a race, most of the episodes in Voyager with the Q revolved around fractures in there way of life. Where are you getting your info from?

TNG.

The entire NG is about Q, and this is the series that explains the Q the best. He exists in all times, so while he was in Voyager and Deep Space 9, he was also in the Next Generation from beginning to end. The reason why he went to see Janeway is because he brought Picard there (the Delta Quadrant). Q can over see every time line and alternate reality. He also explains to Picard that he (Q) was there before and after the beginning and end of the universe so therefore Q can still exist without a universe around him. He moderates parallel realities so if Picard dies (and if you watched all 178 episodes, you should see that Picard and Crew die ALOT of times).

most of the episodes in Voyager with the Q revolved around fractures in there way of life.

All the episodes of Voyager with Q in it, was to metaphorically support Janeway in her journey back to the Alpha Quadrant. There was no race, no civil war, no kid Q, no wife Q.... All of those were metaphorical plots to keep Janeway and crew sane and in touch with their humanity.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terry2012 said:

@JohnnyZ256: He can if those who are higher than him takes away his powers. I forget the episode it was when he needed the Picard Help to get his powers back otherwise he dies and he was afraid of death. He had to pass some sort test for higher ups to get his powers back. So in other words it can be strip of his powers.

No, Q is just like the Beyonder. He's its own universe. Like Beyonder is the Dimension of Beyond; Q is the Dimension of the Continuum. There is no higher power than the Continuum, so when another Q takes away Q's power; That Q is actually himself (with another face) depowering himself using a different representational body. Beyonder does the same thing, Beyonder willed himself to be human and born as a human infant. When he died, he became Beyonder again.

The relevancy of Q and Beyonder:

Both are neigh omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscience consciousness who want to experiment the life and hardships of mortality. And thus do it to prove points to a specific plot.

@JohnnyZ256 said:

@terry2012: Yeah, but then he's not really a Q anymore, but a humanoid of some sort, and of course a Q, a Borg, or a Calamarain, etc., could kill him.

As stated a post or two above, When a Q "kills" himself, he just becomes Q again.

Q can exist without time or a universe.

So that would mean, anything within a universe (muliverse) can not kill Q... Not even himself can kill himself without being himself again.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dextersinister

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Where are you getting this from, is this simply your personnel interpretation of Q?

Monitor still has this I see no evidence to see how the Q can hang with the big cosmics.

Wonderbrezzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wonderbrezzy
@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Win!!!
Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dextersinister

@Wonderbrezzy said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Win!!!

The poster just mentioned what sounds like there own interpretation which is about as useful as fan fiction on the vine, it could be true but they haven't proven otherwise.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JackKnight

@Dextersinister: WoW I didn't realize I would get this much comments when I made this fourm but yea you said that Q is pretty much like Mxyzptlk but it has been stated that Mxyzptlk can beat the Anti-Monitor that full power (unless Anti-Monitor knows that all he has to do is say Mxyzptlk's name backwards of couse) so in that case Q should win.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JohnnyZ256

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning:

Nothing in Star Trek canon shows that the Q race is just made up of one Q, and not various different Q.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dextersinister

@JackKnight said:

@Dextersinister: WoW I didn't realize I would get this much comments when I made this fourm but yea you said that Q is pretty much like Mxyzptlk but it has been stated that Mxyzptlk can beat the Anti-Monitor that full power (unless Anti-Monitor knows that all he has to do is say Mxyzptlk's name backwards of couse) so in that case Q should win.

Although they have never faced Mr Mxyzptlk would be below the Anti-Monitor, the Anti-Monitor is the undisputed ruler of his own universe which actually includes it's own version of the imps. Mxyzptlk isn't all powerful, he has been made powerless by an enraged Specter and beaten senseless by Superboy Prime who he claimed would kill his entire race if he ever got into the 5th dimension.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JackKnight

@Dextersinister

:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JohnnyZ256 said:

Nothing in Star Trek canon shows that the Q race is just made up of one Q, and not various different Q.

Yes, it has. and in more than one occasion. When Q brought the crew of the Enterprise into the Q Continuum for the 1st time, did he ask the Continuum to transform into humans of the late 1800s and act like robots? Q already stated the very 1st time he board the Enterprise that his true form so above the spatial dimensional perception that any 3D mortal could not even imagine how to comprehend it. That's why Q used the representation as a 3D man/human to interact with them. But if all Q were truly independent from one another, the continuum would not have all represented themselves as a race in the form as Wild Westerner human beings. Q himself was the one who created all of that and he used that manifested reality as a metaphoric beacon. And he's been using metaphors from the beginning up until the end of TNG.

Who was at the end of time?

It was Q... Not the whole race, that is because there is no race; Only a continuum with a conscious.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JohnnyZ256

Then why did Q wait to mate with himself before the war was ended? Why was Q willing to execute himself during that episode, ending his life? Why did Q become mortal and assist in his own suicide, if he knew it would create a war?

Why did Q get whisked off the bridge at the end of "Hide and Q?" Why did a boss Q ask Q as to his progress in "True Q," and why did three Q judges judge Q's son?

Too many holes in your theory. When the crew went to the Continuum, Q could have automatically put the Wild West images in their minds, instead of asking each individual Q to represent themselves that way.

At the end of time? Are you referring to "All Good Things?" Just because other Q weren't present doesn't mean that they didn't exist.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JohnnyZ256

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: And here's part of a conversation Q had with Amanda Rogers:

Amanda: What exactly are the Q?

Q: It'd be so much easier to show you than to tell you. If you'd agree to take a short visit with me to the Continuum---

Amanda: No. Just tell me.

Q: Well, to put it simply, we're omnipotent. There's nothing, nothing we can't do.

Amanda: And what do you do with this power?

Q: Anything we want.

Notice how Q says 'we,' and not 'I.'

Also, in the pilot episode of TNG, Q tells the Enterprise bridge, "We call ourselves the Q."

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dextersinister

@JackKnight: Well yes, you haven't really swayed me otherwise with your lack of input.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dextersinister

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: So this is simply something you've made up. The show has established them as a race, they where no different to other races until they evolved to a point that allowed them to ascend to what they are now. The show has presented them as individuals on multiple occasions, in there first appearance the main Q was simply a powerful child of his race.

Even if there is a hint of truth in your theory it's useless on the battle forum because there is to much evidence that shows otherwise and we go with the established history.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JohnnyZ256

@Dextersinister:

Yeah, with Q weapons. With their own weapons, not a chance.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JohnnyZ256

@Dextersinister:

Trelane is not a Q, if that's what you're referring to.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dextersinister

@JohnnyZ256

I thought he may have been to tie everything together.

I know it was Q weapons but it does not look good for the Q if he can take 4 humans to the Continuum give them weapons and they are just as dangerous to to Q as other Q.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JackKnight

@Dextersinister: Ok well nabby that best Q could damage Anti-Monitor's outer shell like Supergirl did right?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dextersinister

@JackKnight said:

@Dextersinister: Ok well nabby that best Q could damage Anti-Monitor's outer shell like Supergirl did right?

The dude beat Superman with ease that was a low showing as he was about to kill her so they gave her a good showing on the way out but even that's irrelevant as that's not him at his strongest far from it. This is the Monitor your referencing and not the one where using in this battle.

No Caption Provided
JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JackKnight

@Dextersinister: Yea I know Anti-Monitor wasn't full power when Supergirl destroyed his older shell but that doesn't mean that he was in the same league as Q when he was at full power and isn't Q in the same league as someone like Lucifer Morningstar (who would also kill the Anti-Monitor)? but anyways Supergirl is said to be actually stronger than Superman anyways.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dextersinister

@JackKnight said:

@Dextersinister: Yea I know Anti-Monitor wasn't full power when Supergirl destroyed his older shell but that doesn't mean that he was in the same league as Q when he was at full power and isn't Q in the same league as someone like Lucifer Morningstar (who would also kill the Anti-Monitor)? but anyways Supergirl is said to be actually stronger than Superman anyways.

You aren't offering any relevant info your just giving an opinion with no backing, Morningstar has nothing to do with this thread and that Monitor is still not the one where talking about. The one where talking about absorbed countless universes and battled an amped Spectre so yes he would easily beat Q.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JackKnight

@Dextersinister: Ok I guess Anti-Monitor would win, unless Q absolutely annoys him like he does to Picard and his crew here :3

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dextersinister

@JackKnight: Stone me I think that's the first time someone on this board someone has eventually agreed with me.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JackKnight

@Dextersinister: Well I was never really disagreeing with you, all I was saying was that Q mite come out victorious in this battle, regardless I still think Anti-Monitor is an absolutely awesome villain.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JohnnyZ256

@Dextersinister:

Many fans have speculated that Trelane is a Q, but such a view is not canon. There are differences between the two characters which I believe makes Trelane a very powerful alien, but less than Q.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JohnnyZ256

I'm going with Q, but I'm biased.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dextersinister

@JohnnyZ256 said:

@Dextersinister:

Many fans have speculated that Trelane is a Q, but such a view is not canon. There are differences between the two characters which I believe makes Trelane a very powerful alien, but less than Q.

It was confirmed in a novel that he was a young Q, although there are differences there is a massive gap between the 2 shows so it's ok to ignore a few them given that the similarities in how they messed with the Enterprise for there own entertainment was more important.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JohnnyZ256

@Dextersinister:

Star Trek books are not canon, though. They both 'messed' with their respective Enterprise crews, but Nagilum, the Metrons, and Armus also could be said to have messed with their respective crews.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Dextersinister

@JohnnyZ256 said:

@Dextersinister:

Star Trek books are not canon, though. They both 'messed' with their respective Enterprise crews, but Nagilum, the Metrons, and Armus also could be said to have messed with their respective crews.

I thought we included them since the Star Wars fans include Star Wars novels, all those Empire Palpatine threads that are floating about would be utter stomps given that I only know him from the movies. He just seems like an old grampa that can throw out a few lightning bolts.

I won't touch whats canon or not in Star Trek as him being Q doesn't matter that much but given the Anti-Monitors role in the DC universe and the power he wielded the Q even as a race wouldn't stand up to him in Crisis.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jobbernos

@Dextersinister said:

Anti-Monitor, the 5th dimensional imps are practically the same thing as the Q and even they would have been taken out by the Monitor.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JackKnight

@JohnnyZ256: Yea I agree but how knows. Now that I think of it this could be a stalemate actually.

Avatar image for hulkslayert1000
HulkSlayerT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HulkSlayerT1000

Anti-Monitor destroys Q

monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points