• 157 results
Avatar image for thegoddamnmasterchief
TheGoddamnMasterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Q appears in Warhammer 40k and decides to challenge the Chaos Gods. Can he defeat them?

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Penderor

Q stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9
deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chaos stomps.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Depends where this battle takes place.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

In the regular physical plane Q stomps because the Chaos gods can´t manifest there but in the Chaos realm.....i say the Chaos gods get a new pet to torture.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Q wins...anywhere, any time.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Q wins...anywhere, any time.

Not really, ask WUT about the Chaos gods.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

Q stomps.

@penderor said:

Q stomps.

What have the q ever done that put's them above the chaos gods who can create and create universes with thoughts ?

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex14 said:

@penderor said:

Q stomps.

@penderor said:

Q stomps.

What have the q ever done that put's them above the chaos gods who can create and create universes with thoughts ?

I know nothing of the chaos gods, but the Q have been shown able to do that as well. Also able to create people and creatures with a thought and send them away with a thought, also able to casually go anywhere and anywhen they want. Able to reality warp with ease even to the point of making the Enterprise as small as a christmas ornament hanging from a tree. Many other feats as well but yeah, just to get an idea of what they are capable of. Oh, and all of that was done by a single Q.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex14 said:

@penderor said:

Q stomps.

@penderor said:

Q stomps.

I know nothing of the chaos gods, but the Q have been shown able to do that as well. Also able to create people and creatures with a thought and send them away with a thought, also able to casually go anywhere and anywhen they want. Able to reality warp with ease even to the point of making the Enterprise as small as a christmas ornament hanging from a tree. Many other feats as well but yeah, just to get an idea of what they are capable of. Oh, and all of that was done by a single Q.

@vortex14 said:

@penderor said:

Q stomps.

@penderor said:

Q stomps.

When have the Q shown to be able to create and destroy universes with thoughts ? Prove it.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RandomSid82

@vortex14 said:

@randomsid said:

@vortex14 said:

@penderor said:

Q stomps.

@penderor said:

Q stomps.

When have the Q shown to be able to create and destroy universes with thoughts ? Prove it.

It's kind of speculation to be honest. But, In 2370, Q returned to the Enterprise to continue the trial against Humanity. Claiming that the seven-year-old trial had never actually ended, Q proclaimed Humanity guilty of "being inferior" and informed Picard that his race was to be destroyed. He sent Picard traveling through time to his own past and present, as well as to a potential future.

Basically, creating a potential future could be considering creating a universe because that future did not exist until the Q created it.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex14 said:

@randomsid said:

@vortex14 said:

@penderor said:

Q stomps.

@penderor said:

Q stomps.

It's kind of speculation to be honest. But, In 2370, Q returned to the Enterprise to continue the trial against Humanity. Claiming that the seven-year-old trial had never actually ended, Q proclaimed Humanity guilty of "being inferior" and informed Picard that his race was to be destroyed. He sent Picard traveling through time to his own past and present, as well as to a potential future.

Basically, creating a potential future could be considering creating a universe because that future did not exist until the Q created it.

Chaos gods still win though friend.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex14 said:

@randomsid said:

@vortex14 said:

@randomsid said:

@vortex14 said:

@penderor said:

Q stomps.

@penderor said:

Q stomps.

Chaos gods still win though friend.

I can't really debate that because I know nothing of them, was just laying out a few of the Q's feats.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle location?

Avatar image for magnetictempest
MagneticTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't matter what location. The book and writers of Warhammer 40k is zapped out of existence and Q makes all of reality forget the name Warhammer.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the chaos gods are unchained they would win. If they are chained and it takes place in the warp they win. The only way Q wins is if its the chaos gods put their powers into a vessel like horus again.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm leaning towards Q.

Avatar image for magnetictempest
MagneticTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Q can become a Choas God at will.
He can become the Living Tribunal at will.
He can become the Beyonder at will.
He can become with the equivalent power or more at will.

And the only way to beat him, is to play his troll bated game of Who's Q?
Basically this. He's so powerful, it takes P.I.S and his willingness to lose in order to beat him.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DedmanWalkin

@savageslayer: Q can't be chained unless they choose to be chained. Did the Chaos Gods choose to be chained?

Why can't the battle take place in real space like EVERY OTHER BATTLE? Oh yeah, the Chaos Gods are POWERLESS in real space. Looks like Q can just go back in time and wipeout the universe supplying them with souls. This means they only have stored souls to live on. Then he moves billions of billions of years into the future and now the Chaos Gods woefully weakened from having ZERO souls coming in are now infighting with one another for survival. Q pulls together some Cadian Pylons and proceeds to waltz right into the Warp and erase them all one at a time.

With no souls and psionic disruption tech, the Chaos Gods will be completely unable to mount any defense.

Chaos Gods are no more powerful than Cyttorak or Dormammu.

I am looking for only real counters not useless wankery from people like Vortex14. I swear he is the @rbysjti of this generation.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I`m leaning towards the Chaos Gods for the majority.

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ratava
cmcmcmcm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cmcmcmcm

As long the Q hide in real space they are safe. However they cannot attack the Chaos Gods in real space at all.

In the Warp itself chaos Gods can create universes and destroy universes, they also exist outside time having no ending or beginning. They have also shown to manipulate time al together in real space. Add to this the Chaos Gods are shown affect two separate Universes outside the warp, and Teentch alone conquered a third universe for himself, making them Multi Versal beings as far as real space is concerned.

So all in all the Chaos Gods TRUMP all feats the Q have and much higher on the food chain.

cmcmcmcm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cmcmcmcm

@ratava: I did not think they were omnipotent either by the way the Q act or interact with humans.

I also believe it was stated the Q feared the Borg as far as one episode showed. Hardly the actions of "omnipotent" beings.

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ratava

@cmcmcmcm said:

@ratava: I did not think they were omnipotent either by the way the Q act or interact with humans.

I also believe it was stated the Q feared the Borg as far as one episode showed. Hardly the actions of "omnipotent" beings.

Quinn (the Q the voyager encountered) himself said that the Q are not omnipotent and from other episodes its clear that they are not, eg Qs can punish/kill other Q.

btw: it was never stated or implied that the Q fear the borg, people who made that claim apparently didnt saw all the Q episodes and ignore the context of the statement Q made to his son - "Dont mess with the borg".

cmcmcmcm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cmcmcmcm

@ratava: so the Q can die. That alone is far inferior to the Chaos Gods who now always exist and never exist. After being spawned they pull the whole Shroedinger thing.

I just remember from Borg fans how the Q feared the all powerful Borg as proof of their superiority.

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmcmcmcm said:

I just remember from Borg fans how the Q feared the all powerful Borg as proof of their superiority.

i heard that a lot around here, but they are taking Qs statement of out context especially when in the same episode he let the borg and their ships vanish with a snap of his finger.....

he definitely is not afraid of the borg

cmcmcmcm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fallingcliffs

LOL @ Q being afraid of the borg, he wasn't afraid he was concerned for the Federation's arrogance there's nothing stopping Q from snapping his fingers and erasing the Borg if he wanted. But if he started doing such the rest of the Q continuum would start questioning his methods.

@Ratava: Yes, the Q are omnipotent. Q confirmed it several times within the shows, the O are not Omnipotent who were the group though powerful imitated the "God Thing" in Star Trek movie, the novel confirms the Q went to war with the O and Q beat them, banished them. They later came back for revenge on the Q but failed....The Q once again beat them, the Q are all powerful and can do anything. @dedmanwalkin explained it well in another topic but pretty much the fact that Quinn couldn't die without the rest of the Q allowing such and giving him mortality should prove they're omnipotence and can't die without the power of other Q's doing such. I agree with you on everything else however, Q fear nobody and can do virtually anything they wish. Even this episode the Q explains this to the lost female Q(amanda) and confirms they're omnipotent.

Loading Video...

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RandomSid82

@cmcmcmcm said:

Umm yeah no. The Q absolutely do NOT fear the borg. That was a theory put forth by someone saying that because they did not simply wave their hand and move the borg away from federation then that somehow translated to them fearing the borg. The absolutely do NOT fear the borg.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@savageslayer: Q can't be chained unless they choose to be chained. Did the Chaos Gods choose to be chained?

Why can't the battle take place in real space like EVERY OTHER BATTLE? Oh yeah, the Chaos Gods are POWERLESS in real space. Looks like Q can just go back in time and wipeout the universe supplying them with souls. This means they only have stored souls to live on. Then he moves billions of billions of years into the future and now the Chaos Gods woefully weakened from having ZERO souls coming in are now infighting with one another for survival. Q pulls together some Cadian Pylons and proceeds to waltz right into the Warp and erase them all one at a time.

With no souls and psionic disruption tech, the Chaos Gods will be completely unable to mount any defense.

Chaos Gods are no more powerful than Cyttorak or Dormammu.

I am looking for only real counters not useless wankery from people like Vortex14. I swear he is the @rbysjti of this generation.

Just get out of here buddy. I'm not a troll, I'm getting along fine @fallingcliffs and other users. You however are a troll as WUt anad others have proved it.

Vortex1456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

I'm leaning towards Q.

Because he is omnipotent ? Fine, I'll concede he is powerful and all that, but the Chaos Gods do have feats of creating and destroying universes on whim.

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL @ Q being afraid of the borg, he wasn't afraid he was concerned for the Federation's arrogance there's nothing stopping Q from snapping his fingers and erasing the Borg if he wanted. But if he started doing such the rest of the Q continuum would start questioning his methods.

@Ratava: Yes, the Q are omnipotent. Q confirmed it several times within the shows, the O are not Omnipotent who were the group though powerful imitated the "God Thing" in Star Trek movie, the novel confirms the Q went to war with the O and Q beat them, banished them. They later came back for revenge on the Q but failed....The Q once again beat them, the Q are all powerful and can do anything. @dedmanwalkin explained it well in another topic but pretty much the fact that Quinn couldn't die without the rest of the Q allowing such and giving him mortality should prove they're omnipotence and can't die without the power of other Q's doing such. I agree with you on everything else however, Q fear nobody and can do virtually anything they wish. Even this episode the Q explains this to the lost female Q(amanda) and confirms they're omnipotent.

Loading Video...

the novels are not canon

and no the Q are not omnipotent, Quinn said so himself. if they were truly omnipotent it wouldnt be possible to take away a Qs power, which they did to punish Q

cmcmcmcm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ratava: agreed the novels are not canon. Also if the Q can be depowered or killed, then they are in no way Omnipotent either.

For future reference when was the Q shown to been punish? Thanks for the info so far.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@ratava: Is there proof that they're not canon? Just curious because they linked the O story from the same species who imited God in the ST movie way back..

At any case the Q are omnipotent, Quinn was wrong. It's why he was casted out and why he couldn't DIE without other Q's allowing such....

The Q are the only ones who can effect other Q due to ranks and counsel policy but the race themselves are omnipotent, he's said it various times....

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmcmcmcm said:

@ratava: agreed the novels are not canon. Also if the Q can be depowered or killed, then they are in no way Omnipotent either.

For future reference when was the Q shown to been punish? Thanks for the info so far.

- in the Episode "Deja Q" Star Trek TNG: S03E13: The Q-Continuum stripped Q from his powers for punishment for interfering / causing trouble with other lifeforms

- in the Episode "Q2" Star Trek Voyager: S07E19: The Q-Coninuum removes the power from Qs son

and the clip i posted below confirms that they are not omnipotent

@ratava: Is there proof that they're not canon? Just curious because they linked the O story from the same species who imited God in the ST movie way back..

At any case the Q are omnipotent, Quinn was wrong. It's why he was casted out and why he couldn't DIE without other Q's allowing such....

The Q are the only ones who can effect other Q due to ranks and counsel policy but the race themselves are omnipotent, he's said it various times....

what proof? they were never considered canon in the first place, only the TV Series (except the animated) and the Movies are canon.

and again the Q are not omnipotent

canon > your opinion

Loading Video...

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@ratava: Wrong. That clip confirms nothing. Quinn isn't proof of anything he was CRAZY, flat out. Or to be more accurate "mentally unbalanced" The canon facts that Q are omnipotent>>>>>>>>>>>Your incorrect view. If you're going to post a clip from that show post the WHOLE argument not a cherry pick to fit your needs which make no sense.

Loading Video...

Proof

The rest of the Q including the main Q say they're an omnipotent species except Quinn(one) just because he saw things differently and wanted to die...

I already posted a video proving Q confirming they're ominipotent....posting a clip of one crazy Q disagreeing proves nothing.

Link proving such that they're omnipotent:

Q coming back and admitting himself "I'm immortal again, Omnipotent again"

Loading Video...

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Q

Also proof as in SW creators confirming such? There's always an article of such, if none exists it's obviously canon.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never heard of Q creating or destroying universes, but the Chaos gods do live in their own Hell-esque universe, however, i'm not sure if they created that.

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ratava

@ratava: That clip confirms nothing. Quinn isn't proof of anything he was CRAZY, flat out. The canon facts that Q are omnipotent>>>>>>>>>>>Your incorrect view.

The rest of the Q including the main Q say they're an omnipotent species except Quinn(one) just because he saw things differently and wanted to die...

I already posted a video proving Q confirming they're ominipotent....posting a clip of one crazy Q disagreeing proves nothing.

Link proving such that they're omnipotent:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Q

Also proof as in SW creators confirming such? There's always an article of such, if none exists it's obviously canon.

no quinn was not crazy and i still have not seen any proof from you that the Q are omnipotent but there are many examples (stated multiple times) that they are not.

wikis dont proof anything

so still canon from the series > your opinion

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex14 thank you for silencing the troll.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ratava: again already posted proof debunking your theory of the Q "not being omnipotent" when they are clearly...as I said, Quinn was off his rocker and if the Q aren't omnipotent then answer one simple question, why hasn't anyone killed them? Oh wait because they're ominipotent.

Actually the official WT wiki is modded by ST who know more then you and I combined...

So yes canon>>>>your view of them not being omnipotent. You can't provide proof the novels aren't canon which means your view is irrelevant here.

cmcmcmcm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cmcmcmcm

@fallingcliffs said:

@Ratava: again already posted proof debunking your theory of the Q "not being omnipotent" when they are clearly...as I said, Quinn was off his rocker and if the Q aren't omnipotent then answer one simple question, why hasn't anyone killed them? Oh wait because they're ominipotent.

Actually the official WT wiki is modded by ST who know more then you and I combined...

So yes canon>>>>your view of them not being omnipotent. You can't provide proof the novels aren't canon which means your view is irrelevant here.

novels are never canon if they are not either s) produced by the producers of the franchise or b) written by the same writers of the show or c) stated as canon. Otherwise I can write a crappy Star Trek Novel, get it publish, and in my book state just how powerless the Q are.

Black Library, Games Workshop, Forge World, and White Dwarf are all owned by Gamesworkshop, and thus according to the canon of the main material and supplement material....

1) Infinite power as per the Warp.

2) Exist in both Warhammer 40K Universe and Fantasy Universe.

3) Multiple quotes of being Multiversal. Creating and destroying their own Universes in the Warp on whims.

4) Tzeentch alone ruled his own physical Universe.

5-6) Chaos Gods are timeless, always will be, and never have a ending.

Chaos Gods are far Superior feat by feat.

Also it is stated and shown as fact Q can die, or even be depowered. That is not OMNIPOTENCE at all. I know for a fact the chaos Gods have been stated unable to be destroyed once birthed, and are beyond mere immortality since they are not bound by space or time, thus always existing and never had at all at the same time.

Its over, Q are the weak link here.

cmcmcmcm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never heard of Q creating or destroying universes, but the Chaos gods do live in their own Hell-esque universe, however, i'm not sure if they created that.

in the Warhammer 40K lore, there is a few "physical Universes" like what we live in, but there is only one "Warp" which is the nexus of all energy (Thoughts, Souls, Magic, Psychic, Ect) in the physical universes. Chaos Gods are the supreme beings that were born from the emotions and reflections of the real universes which had shaped them in the warp. The power of the Chaos Gods is dependent on what is going on in the physical universes.

Within their own universe (the Warp) the Chaos Gods can shape and create there own universes, and banish them with a thought. Thus creating more Universes from the energy that all universes have a reflection into.

Its really complicated stuff, and why many entries on the Warp sum it up as "drive a man insane to try and comprehend it". The point is the Chaos Gods can only affect Solar System in scope things in the Physical Universes, but reign supreme in the Warp which is really all that matters.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@cmcmcmcmc:The Q stomps the Chaos Gods here, the CG need to feed as @dedmanwalkin already explained and the Q don't and are omnipotent they win here. The Chaos Gods are weak link here and get erased by the Q.

As for the novels, again if that's true there would be some confirmation which I don't see so...

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadmanwalkin I wrote a response for you sir, but my page refreshed even though I pressed stay on page. So i'll type it up again later for ya

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadmanwalkin Q can't be chain unless they choose too? Q was stripped of his powers as someone said above. Chaos gods are "chained" Because the God emperor keeps them inside of the warp at least that is what I think it means i'll clarify with @wut later on that. But you must also remember there aren;t just the four chaos gods. There is the main four then Malice who is as powerful as all four combined and then there is Ans'l, Mo'rcck and Phraz-Etar. Not sure how powerful those three are. But anyways it can't take place in real space due to the emperor and that the only way they can be in real space is through a avatar, like Horus during the Horus heracy. The only way to have a toe to toe battle to see who is most powerful is to have them either unchained or have Q try and survive going into the warp against them. But either way Chaos gods are too much for Q.

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thats a very weak argument.......

wikis are still not canon, they are created by fans for fans

- you cant transform an omnipotent into other lifeforms against his will like Q did to his son

- you cant take away the powers from an omnipotent like the Q-continuum did to Q

- you cant hurt or threat to kill an omnipotent like it happened in the Q-continuum civil war

get over it, Qs are not omnipotent they have no feats to say so, but there are plenty of showings that make clear that they are not omnipotent

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@savageslayer:
Hold on! A mortal psionic on a Golden Throne is able to completely counter their power? And you think that the Q can't replicate the God Emperor of Mankind's power? What keep him from just taking the God Emperor or Mankind and using him a shield rendering him impervious to Chaos? Fact is, Chaos Gods are no more powerful than anyone who runs their own little pocket dimension.

@ratava: You misunderstand the Q Continuum. They aren't wholly individual beings like you or I. The Continuum is omnipotent but each individual Q simply wields this power according to group consensus. When the Q where in a civil war, group consensus was not possible so they agreed to rules of "discourse" which just happened to involve weapons that accidentally destroy entire stars.

@cmcmcmcm: Hiding in real space? You realize that Real Space is battlefield, right? The Q aren't hiding from anyone, they are out in the open. The Chaos Gods are the ones who are too afraid to come and face the Q on the battlefield due to utter powerlessness in real space. The Chaos Gods are hiding not the Q.

Mastermind is able to generate entire worlds and universes within people's minds thanks to his powers but ultimately, just like the Chaos Gods, all that power IS NOT REAL. Their only power lies within hands of mortals. So here is what the Q is going to do to kill the Chaos Gods. He is going to build one of his own! He is going to create thousands of worlds that all believe in his arrogance. This will create a new Chaos God maybe called Delancie the Egoist. See, as long as Q never sets foot in the Warp he is free to dominate the entire Warhammer-verse taking all the souls and all the Psykers and feeding all that power into Delancie. He seizes the Golden Throne and takes it straight into the Warp where he teams up with Delancie. Delancie, now the most powerful entity in the Warp, then helps Q march straight into the Ruinous Powers kingdoms and starts decimating them. With the Golden Throne in his hands, Q is impervious to any and all Chaos God attacks. He then decides to simply subjugate them, making them clean his laundry for their entire existence. The Q so utterly stomp here that the Chaos Gods stand no chance!

@vortex14: Yay! You continue to post nothing of any value to the thread! But thanks for conceding the point!

cmcmcmcm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By cmcmcmcm

@fallingcliffs: the Chaos Gods do not need to feed, their power is always high tide and low tide like a ocean during the states of events of the universe. The fact you think they "need to feed" shows how you have no real clue for the lore, or what grants Chaos gods their power. You and Deadmen both are pretty clueless to 40k in general like @wut and @killerwasp have shown.

The only weakness they have is beings like the Star Gods or The Emperor doing there best to "limit" the activities of the Chaos Gods in their Universe. That's it. Plot demands they can only have solar systems level activity at most in parts of the galaxy, and even then it is stated and shown without the Emperor and Star Gods fighting the influence of the Warp in real space would lead to Chaos ruling said Universe like Tzeentch has with one universe.

In the Warp they are all powerful and still leagues ahead of Q. Out side the Warp they still have feats of rulling a universe, reality warping solar systems worth of space, mutating entire races, manipulating souls of beings on solar system level, and manipulating events in time.

Inside the warp the Chaos Gods are insanely more impressive. Outside the Warp they still shown to have done more than the Q have.

I'm just glad that most people who posted on this thread and other Q vs Chaos Gods topic know how outclass the Q are. Only a handful of characters like yourself and Deadman hold on this notion the Q are better somehow.

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ratava: You misunderstand the Q Continuum. They aren't wholly individual beings like you or I. The Continuum is omnipotent but each individual Q simply wields this power according to group consensus. When the Q where in a civil war, group consensus was not possible so they agreed to rules of "discourse" which just happened to involve weapons that accidentally destroy entire stars.

wrong, the q are individuals and it was never shown different in the series or proof please