@thetruebarryallen

• Pre 52 Captain Cold (4)
  • Pre 52 Deadshot (2)
  • Pre 52 Connor Hawke (1)

@cable_extreme

• Iron Fist (5)
  • Captain America (2)

Rules

• All Character with Expanded Universe are allowed there EU feats.
  • No Mind Raping (Shutting Brains Off), or Soul Raping (Sucking Souls Out) for any character. Basically you cannot KO someone with a Mental/Soul attack. All other Mental/Soul attacks are fine, but limited to one person at a time. Cannot affect a whole group per say.
  • Time Manipulation is limited your you character who has it only. No affecting the battlefield, no affecting opponents. Can not Increase speed past Hypersonic.
  • No character is allowed to use Reality Warping ever.
  • Gear must remain Street Level. You can have Pets, but limited to only 3, and they must be standard. Pets cannot exceed Ultimate Spider Man.
  • Mile long in all direction Battlefield, cannot BFR.
  • Everyone is In Character, but all rivalries are put on hold.
  • Death, KO, or Incap for wins.

Battlefield

Top Team is Red. Bottom Team is Blue. View Black Ops 2 Maps on Youtube for full breakdown of battlefield.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cadencev2: Quick question, when you say all are in character, does that mean Iron Fist won't be chi amping?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pokergeist

@cable_extreme said:

@cadencev2: Quick question, when you say all are in character, does that mean Iron Fist won't be chi amping?

He can Chi amp in character limits. So its up to you to argue what he would do with morals on and in character.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

He can Chi amp in character limits. So its up to you to argue what he would do with morals on and in character.

gotchya

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dondave

Cable_Extreme is going to be fighting an uphill battle

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Wow, Cable_Extreme is going to be fighting an uphill battle

Basically lol

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: I can see one good way of possible winning against the one character on his team you may think is too tough to overcome. IF busted Helo Carriers right? I doubt that ship is anymore durable ;) wink wink. Anyway, I can see arguments made to convince me how IF can be MVP here.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: I can see one good way of possible winning against the one character on his team you may think is too tough to overcome. IF busted Helo Carriers right? I doubt that ship is anymore durable ;) wink wink. Anyway, I can see arguments made to convince me how IF can be MVP here.

Yeah, I am happy with my team, no worries.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@cable_extreme: I am incredibly sorry that I haven't gotten to this yet, crazy stuff happened in my life and now I'm trying to catch up on all my battles.

TTBA's Opener

Now I try and normally do an incredibly long and fancy opener, but honestly I think my team is made up of some pretty mainstream characters & their abilities are well known here on the battle forums & amongst most voters. I'll do small blurbs about all of them and if you desire more information then I can do so.

Meet the Team

Captain Cold - Captain Cold is the leader of the 'Rogues', the group of blue collar villains that commonly go up against the Flash. He's got incredible leadership abilities and has a ruthless attitude. His one rule is that he won't kill innocent women or children, which, thankfully, don't exist within this battle.

He has a freeze gun that is the best in terms of freeze technology, as it can reach temperatures of absolute zero. For normal humans or people who can't move at incredibly quick speeds his gun is lethal as it stops all particle motion and freezes them instantly, making them incredibly fragile & easy to kill. His gun can project an invisible field around himself that is also made of absolute zero that he uses to catch his foes off guard & defend himself from projectiles or long range attacks.

Deadshot - Floyd Lawton is Deadshot, one of the top marksmen in the DCU. He is commonly seen as one of the 'leaders' of the Suicide Squad. Deadshot has no real morals when it comes to killing & is willing to work with people even if he doesn't like them that much, he's had to do so plenty of times while in the SS.

He has a pair of wrist mounted guns that can change ammo types via voice command from normal to explosive to armor piercing rounds. Deadshot is one of the top marksmen in the DCU & has tagged/predicted two speedsters during his time & has some pretty gnarly marksman feats. His armor is also bulletproof & has a fake blood layer that makes him appear to be dead if he is ever shot, thus allowing him to catch his foes off guard.

Connor Hawke - Connor Hawke is one of the members of the Arrow Family alongside Oliver Queen & Black Canary. He is an incredible marksman with his arrows and a very capable H2H combatant. He was able to fight H2H with Lady Shiva & come to a pretty close tie, however Shiva did overpower him ( not a bad feat considering she's easily in the top 5 H2H combatants in the DCU ).

The Battle

Alright, so we start on this lovely ship together.

Deadshot & Connor will be splitting up, one taking the right side ( Deadshot ) and one taking the left side ( Connor )

Cold will activate his Cold Field & begin moving down the middle of the ship.

Cold's field should protect him from literally anything your team can throw at him, nobody on your team moves fast enough to survive the power of the Absolute Zero Field, and if Cap throws his shield it's just going to stop mid air the moment it hits the field.

Deadshot & Connor will be focused on taking down whoever pops into their sights, whenever they see someone they'll call out their position and Cold will join them in the fight, since he is essentially the MVP of my team.

Cap will be able to probably take Deadshot in a 1v1 battle, especially if it gets to close quarters, but Deadshot still has the chance to tag Cap with a bullet or two before it gets that close, and when Cold joins the fight it's all over for the Star Spangled hero, Cap wouldn't be expecting the field of Absolute Zero and would probably through a punch right into it, freezing his hand solid and then allowing Cold to snap it off.

Connor will probably run into Iron Fist, and will be stuck dealing with him. Iron Fist can catch literally any projectile he throws at him, and I know that, I love Iron Fist.

When it gets to the H2H fight then Connor will stand a slight chance, until Iron Fist uses his chi in which Connor cant compete.

When Captain America is finished Cold will still have his field up and will seek out Iron Fist, probably hearing the shouts and cries of their battle somewhere on the ship.

Once Cold arrives Iron Fist has no way to beat him, he can try punching him but he doesn't move fast enough to break the field and it would be a futile attempt, and it's only a short amount of time before Colds incredible reaction time combined with his powerful Cold Gun will either tag Iron Fist or tag the environment enough to make Iron Fist slip up and end up taking an ice bath.

Sorry this was so short, and rather rushed, I just wanted to get SOMETHING up so people know I'm still around.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pokergeist
Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Hey, sorry I haven't given a reply yet, I am having trouble with my computer atm, well, my dorm connection. So all I have is my phone atm, I'll try and get a new ethernet cord today and see if that is the problem. If all goes well, I will have my reply up later today.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@thetruebarryallen: Yeah!!! Got my computer working, it turns out the whole dorms internet was out.....

Anyway, time for the battle.

For Iron Fist, he is the MVP in this battle imo and I will explain why.

His punching ability is second to none, he is able to destroy helicopters, vibranium (suit), and even the helicarrier with his punches. This will give my team a huge edge in terms of environmental control.

Here are some punching scans.

Now note, he was mind controlled this battle, but this is a showcase of striking power, and another thing is his ability to shoot out chi blast, which should come in handy verses Captain Cold.

Here is him destroying a train with a punch.

And here is the famous helicarrier punch.

Now the reason his striking power is so important is he will be able to control the battlefield, and basically KO someone relatively fast. We then run into a problem with Captain Cold, and I know he can stop bullets, and physical punches, but can he stop a steady chi blast?

No Caption Provided

And he would resort to this after Captain America's shield gets frozen after they take care of his teammates.

His speed allows him to casually dodge bullets. So he isn't going to get hit by Deadshot, or Connor.

Captain America also plays a huge role, especially with his shield, which is capable of deflecting anything both Deadshot, and Connor throw at him. And it will be able to destroy any type of structure that he wants on the boat, as well as knock out anyone here but Captain Cold.

No Caption Provided

He is enhanced to the point that he can take either Deadshot, or Connor 1v1 (more trouble with Connor).

No Caption Provided

He is adept at every form of combat known to man, and I have many more feats to show if you want me to. His skill is even almost on par with Iron Fist.

His speed allows him to dodge bullets quite effortlessly.

Plan

Captain America and Ironfist will engage most likely taking out the gunner first (Deadshot). They have the speed and training to double team targets like Deadshot, and Connor for a fairly quick win ever each of them. Captain America most likely then throws his shield which stops on Captain Cold's force field, Iron Fist then can try using his chi blast, and if that doesn't work can destroy part of the ship and force Captain Cold to fall in the water forcing him to either turn off his device, or get caught between the ice and the debri for an incap win.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor @cable_extreme, he has to suffer a loss due to CadenceV2's inability to accept criticism. Good luck, you'll need a ton of it to win this.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor @cable_extreme, he has to suffer a loss due to CadenceV2's inability to accept criticism. Good luck, you'll need a ton of it to win this.

First off, he can win, its about the better debater, not bias opinion.

Second, You overate cap Cold.

Thirdly, there is hundreds of team combos who can stomp Cap Cold, not my problem if someone did not pick them.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DireDrill

@cadencev2:

1) TTBA isn't an idiot and he knows Captain Cold.

2) I won't go too much into this but if anyone is overrating him, it is DC.

3) You do realize that once a character was taken, it was removed from play, right? Considering that every team would need to be prepared to counter him, they would need to build their teams to do so. As each person picks a team to do this, the number of combos dwindles exponentially. After about 5-6 people had picked, there would be roughly no means of defeating him for most of competitors.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2:

1) TTBA isn't an idiot and he knows Captain Cold.

2) I won't go too much into this but if anyone is overrating him, it is DC.

3) You do realize that once a character was taken, it was removed from play, right? Considering that every team would need to be prepared to counter him, they would need to build their teams to do so. As each person picks a team to do this, the number of combos dwindles exponentially. After about 5-6 people had picked, there would be roughly no means of defeating him for most of competitors.

1) He is a great debater, cable is not bad himself.

2) True enough.

3) True again. Which is why great debaters need to pick carefully, or simply Pick Your Poison (PYP) and have fun with it.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DireDrill

@cadencev2:

1) Great debater with a rocket launcher in his hands versus a Great Debater with a BB Gun, who wins? Exactly, that is the situation you have created.

2) DC is the creator of Captain Cold, if they overrate a character then that character is as powerful as they say. You've just conceded the point.

3) Great debaters who are the last to the table get shafted because all the rocket launchers were taken and they are left with BB guns? You can't just say PYP and get out of it. You literally forced more than half of competitors to drink Cyanide.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2:

1) Great debater with a rocket launcher in his hands versus a Great Debater with a BB Gun, who wins? Exactly, that is the situation you have created.

2) DC is the creator of Captain Cold, if they overrate a character then that character is as powerful as they say. You've just conceded the point.

3) Great debaters who are the last to the table get shafted because all the rocket launchers were taken and they are left with BB guns? You can't just say PYP and get out of it. You literally forced more than half of competitors to drink Cyanide. Fact is, your tourney was heavily flawed.

1) Who picked the BB gun?

2) What point I conceded? That he is overrated? That is my stance, yes.

3) This is were your line of thinking is so narrow, and one dimensional. There is over a Dozen of good characters left, and many have gear, feats, ect that can pull wins against Cold. No one picked them. PYP. You do not like it, then make your own Tourney. Stop complaining in mine.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DireDrill

@cadencev2:

1) You put the BB Gun in his hands when you allowed Captain Cold for 4 points.

2) You said that DC overrates Captain Cold. If they are overrating him then it ceases being overrating and becomes fact. He has consistently taken down forces well beyond street level without prep and only his wits. His weapon is one of the most powerful weapons in DC comics. Cold wields a weapon that would give Galactus the shivers.

3) Thanks to your TP/Soul restrictions only 6 characters in the tourney have what is needed to stop Cold, 3-4 more could with proper backup. Of those 6, 1 can only stalemate. Of those 5 only 2 are cheaper than Captain Cold. 4 teams would have to spend the bulk of their points to just get protection from 1 4 point character. You give Captain Cold adequate back up and that list dwindles further since he only costs 4 POINTS. Name one other character in your tournament that demands that choices be made at team creation to start countering that you can purchase for 4 points that is not Electro. Only 2 teams in the tourney even stand a chance, your team even dies at his hands. There is no strategy that your team can employ to win unless you cheat and give yourself an advantageous battlefield. I have covered all potential possibilities. You call me one dimensional and narrow? It is one dimensional and narrow not to realize that putting someone like Cold or Electro at or below 4 points in a 7 point tourney. If you were going to include such a powerful character he should not have been at less than 6 points. He actually can shred through most 4, 5, and 6 point characters with ease. It isn't PYP if 9-8 players are being force fed poison.

Why am I questioning your tourney making ability? Because you made the post about making proper tourneys; due to your prodigiously ridiculous post count, you command a high amount of attention; and lastly you refuse to even acknowledge the ridiculousness of your position. You have a responsibility to the community at large to wield your popularity in a way that raises the level of discourse.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diredrill: Sigh, we simply will not agree, and you overate Cap Cold. Lets stop derailing the thread, and you need to stop making it look like cable cannot win, when he certainly can.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm not sure weather to vote for TTBA and Cable or Diredrill and Candance......

For the first debate I'll probably vote for Cable

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@thetruebarryallen

You had me at Cold Field.....Good Debate...I was initially going to pick the Captain America Team...

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol whoops. never got to respond to this. OH WELL OPENERS IT IS!

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't get to use a lot of my scans, Expecting a debate ):

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Sorry that I wasn't able to provide a lengthy and fantastic debate here.

I've been going through a breakup with my girlfriend of 1 year and I went into a rather "bad" state and was unable to actually think clearly enough to post anything here on the Vine.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Sorry that I wasn't able to provide a lengthy and fantastic debate here.

I've been going through a breakup with my girlfriend of 1 year and I went into a rather "bad" state and was unable to actually think clearly enough to post anything here on the Vine.

Aww, I understand then.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pokergeist

@cable_extreme: @thetruebarryallen: one to one. I flipped coin, winner wins the toss he goes on. And yes, i am seriously doing this since there is no debate but openers.

So someone call it! Heads or tails?

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heads lol.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points