PYP Round 2: Beatboks1 VS. Cosmicallyaware1(voting)

• 61 results
Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

#1  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

Rules

No Caption Provided

Master Hands jobs include in the list below.

• Master Hand will make sure matches are made to give, for example, a all Kryptonian Team magic brass knuckles to help them beat a Ghost Rider Team that would otherwise stomp. Same for Psykers vs a non Psyker team.
  • Master Hand is also in charge of BFR. You can BFR a foe, teammates, or yourself for a total of 5 minuets. after that Master Hand forces you back to the arena where said BFRed person cannot be BFR again for 10 seconds. Anyone who played Smash Brothers understands this concept.
  • Master Hand also keeps Reality Warping and Time Traveling from happening with the mighty wag of his finger. You can slow time or speed it up. You can even Freeze time in certain a 100 foot radius for 10 seconds. But that is it. Molecule Manipulation and Transmutation are all allowed.
  • Master Hand makes sure each match give a 10 second No Rush policy. Your characters will have time to set up spells, force fields, ect before the fight starts. Speed Blitzing will come after 10 seconds.

Additional rules to know.

• DC characters are all Pre 52 Unless stated otherwise.
  • All other characters are current unless stated otherwise.
  • All characters have standard Gear and no Prep Gear unless stated otherwise.
  • All characters are in character with morals on.

Conditions

• Win by Death or KO.
  • BFR and Time Freezing lasts 10 Seconds only before Master Hand Returns all to Normal.
  • All are In Character
  • Battlefield: Earth and to the Moon.

Perks from Master Hand

N/A Deemed a Fair Battle

cosmicallyaware1

No Caption Provided

Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Red Hulk

beatboks1

No Caption Provided

Ultrahumanite, Parasite, Cyborg Superman

And Let the 2nd round begin! This will be quite the battle!

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: here we go, have at it sir. I will be busy until later so feel free to begin.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By beatboks1
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1 said:

@cosmicallyaware1:

@cadencev2 Hey man where the hell does our battle takes place??? And yes it makes a difference

You decide where you want to start off.

I've got a major technopath who can technomorph. In the middle of a F#$% beg city with lots of devices of course ;D

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pokergeist

@cadencev2 said:

@beatboks1 said:

@cosmicallyaware1:

@cadencev2 Hey man where the hell does our battle takes place??? And yes it makes a difference

I've got a major technopath who can technomorph. In the middle of a F#$% beg city with lots of devices of course ;D

Yes.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1 said:

@cadencev2 said:

@beatboks1 said:

@cosmicallyaware1:

Yes.

well the, I have no idea where the battle is/takes place. Obviously if I choose, I will pick a place to my advantage (need everything i can get against beatboks!). soooo......@cadencev2: any suggestions?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1:

well beatboks here is my proposed suggestion (obviously don't want anything too tech laden as to not give you unfair advantage!)

No Caption Provided

you start on right side of map where icon is, i start on left. battleship is accessible for Cyborg (i think that should be fair)

@cadencev2: what do you think? adjudicate?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12 HigorM  Moderator
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By HigorM  Moderator
oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By oceanmaster21

This a great match up with these two debaters were in for a show

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

This a great match up with these two debaters were in for a show

thanks a lot man. I honestly feel i have a lot to do in regards to enhancing debating skills, especially to get to the level of guys like beatboks, higor, cadence, esquire, killemall, and bosche to name a few (sorry if I left some others out) but I am very actively working on it.

And I for sure have the information (comic reader of 30 years) and the intelligence. Just working on the debating skills and getting what I have in my head onto the vine. know what I mean?

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By beatboks1

@beatboks1 said:

@cosmicallyaware1:

well beatboks here is my proposed suggestion (obviously don't want anything too tech laden as to not give you unfair advantage!)

No Caption Provided

you start on right side of map where icon is, i start on left. battleship is accessible for Cyborg (i think that should be fair)

I'm cool with that. Want me to start or do you want to??

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By New_World_Order

Oh yeah, I'll root for the guy sporting my favorite comic character. :)

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

@beatboks1 said:

@cosmicallyaware1:

No Caption Provided

I'm cool with that. Want me to start or do you want to??

go for it man, start 'er up. Gotta wrap up a couple of other things.....I wanna see what you do to begin with anyway....

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: OK here goes nothing (literally It's not much).

10 Seconds no rush.

Ultra will TP link with Cyborg Supes so he has all the specs of everything Ultra has ever made and what he's aware of. Using this knowledge CS will technomorph what he can from the ship into brain amplification tech of Brainwave that ultra worked along side so many times as well as one of Ultra's teleportors and his own brain inhibitors. .

Once the battle starts Ultra will use the Teleporter to get Parasite as close as is humanly possible to both Thor and BRB so he can begin to drain their power. Meanwhile he will use the enhancement from the prepared tech to use his already formidable TP to take over Red Hulk. RH is susceptible to TP unlike Hulk and wont be as hard to take control of. Once he has control Ultra will teleport himself closer to instill one of his brain inhibitors into RH making his control easier.

Using RH's ability to absorb energy (even cosmic) there will be a second drain of power from the Thunderers. This will mean that Thor and BRB will be weakened and facing a 4 on 2 with RH fighting for the enemy and due to the inhibitors Ultra still able to bring his considerable power to bear.

At 2 to one odds against nearly equal (at normal levels) opponents and the power dwindling couttesy of Parasite and RH this battle wont take long.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: I will get something up in return later today.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@beatboks1: sorry haven't done this before now, but better late than never huh? ok.................

Once the battle starts Ultra will use the Teleporter to get Parasite as close as is humanly possible to both Thor and BRB so he can begin to drain their power.

good strategy. I'm not a parasite expert, but am pretty familiar with him. Doesn't his ability work on contact/touch like most power absorbers? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if that's the case, just getting him close to the Oath brothers won't do too much because he can't drain by just being in prximity and unless he's already amped on some of Cyborg's speed or strength to get closer....he's beat. As soon as an enemy appears in a battle like this, regardless of knowledge or not, Thor and BRB will go on the offensive. Most likley it will not be H2h to start with, probably a ranged attack or a hammer strike. Can parasite absorb the energy drom Mjolnir or Stormbreaker strike? i don't know but they won't do that in this case, it will be a weather/elemental attack (considering on an island surrounded by water) to get your team off balance such as this ( and especially is they have any inclination of danger posed by your team) :

Thor:

No Caption Provided

Meanwhile he will use the enhancement from the prepared tech to use his already formidable TP to take over Red Hulk.

Ok. Good thing not trying against Thor and BRB, they're both incredibly resistant to that. (will provide scans if necessary). But ok, for sake of argument, you've got Rulk.

RH is susceptible to TP unlike Hulk and wont be as hard to take control of

can you validate that? proof?

Once he has control Ultra will teleport himself closer to instill one of his brain inhibitors into RH making his control easier.

A couple of issues with this. first, BRB just happens to be within a 15 foot distance from Rulk (they started this within a relatively small cluster together.....Thor has branched off slightly once spotted Parasite and begun his attack/defense) second, there is now a raging storm all around. third, how much time would instilling this inhibitor take and what else does it entail ( simple planting on the body, surgery, some kind of process, etc.)...? can you show this in some scans please? the reason I ask is because fourth....BRB is not just going to stand there while an enemy messes with his teammate in any way/shape or form. He will go on the offensive. Depending on what kind of hold Ultra has...BRB attack may be enough to break the concentration on that.

No Caption Provided

so until we iron that out, this is irrelevant/negated:

Using RH's ability to absorb energy (even cosmic) there will be a second drain of power from the Thunderers. This will mean that Thor and BRB will be weakened and facing a 4 on 2 with RH fighting for the enemy and due to the inhibitors Ultra still able to bring his considerable power to bear

Also want to point out that Thor's initial onslaught sinks that dang ship in the bay so any future attempts from Cyborg at technopathy will have to be just a tad more complicated.

back to you now.

No Caption Provided

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1:

Doesn't his ability work on contact/touch like most power absorbers? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if that's the case, just getting him close to the Oath brothers won't do too much unless he's already amped on some of Cyborg's speed or strength to get closer.

No his power doesn't rely on touch. It did originally but hasn't for quite some time. Plus after absorbing an alien stranger he gained the ability to retain some powers. he is normally super strong and a shape shifter. So even without absorbing power is far from helpless. He absorbs the life energy of other simply by being around them as well as being able to absorb any type of energy. I don't have the scans because frankly i wouldn't have a clue where my Superman comics are ( not a character I have enough interest in to categorize in any way that i could find quickly and is likely in a box either in my roof or at my fathers place interstate) but some examples are

Superman 304 – parasite creates a power prism that gives other people super powers and has them fight Superman.

Superman 319 – While Grundy fights superman Parasite absorbs some of both their power unknown to them. To the point Superman looses total control of his powers and never suspects paraite is even a part of it.

Superman 331 – the master jailer uses parasite to sap superman’s powers to imprison him. Parasite had even managed to sap some of Supe’s powers having just watched him flying over metropolis through the prison window.

In the chamelot falls ark(Superman 657/8 I think) Parasite in an alternate timer line completely absorbs Superman right down to his persona, memories and DNA. He becomes Clark

Adventures of Superman 481 Parasite absorbs the life force of every single passenger on a train killing them without touching them.

I'm not 100% sure that 331 is the the issue in which he absorbed Superman's powers from the far side of the city by sight but the synopsis looks like the one.

can you validate that? proof?

From http://marvel.com/universe/Red_Hulk

Under powers.

No Caption Provided

That's all I have to go on. Having never read anything with Red hulk in it I have to rely on what my research brings me.

A couple of issues with this. first, BRB just happens to be within a 15 foot distance from Rulk (they started this within a relatively small cluster together.....Thor has branched off slightly once spotted Parasite and begun his attack/defense) second, there is now a raging storm all around. third, how much time would instilling this inhibitor take? can you show this in some scans please? the reason I ask is because fourth....BRB is not just going to stand there while an enemy messes with his teammate. He will go on the offensive. Depending on what kind of hold Ultra has...BRB attack may be enough to break the concentration on that.

First the brain inhibitor is easily installed by simply stabbing it into someone's neck. Second it's not even essential. He will be able to control RH without one using it will just make that control a minor task so he can still use his mental assaults on BRB or Thor. I's far from essential as he has the physical capability to bring it to either while controlling RH. He has after all beat powergirl to a bloody pulp and matched the combined physical power of Superman, Martian manhunter and Guy Gardner.

No Caption Provided

It's hardly an intricate operation that will take any time at all. No more time than putting a pin into a pin cushion.

Here is ultra's physicals, So I hardly need the brain blockers (incorrectly named in first post) it will just make it easier.

Also want to point out that Thor's initial onslaught sinks that dang ship in the bay so any future attempts from Cyborg at technopathy will have to be just a tad more complicated.

You might have missed it but I did the technomorph thing in the 10 seconds no rush. It's done it's dusted and used for all we want before your allowed to act. Though quite honestly I fail to see what putting it on the floor of the ocean (or anywhere else) would even achieve. It's not like CS couldn't still make use of it.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@beatboks1: right on. I've totally got this countered......will throw it up as soon as i can :)

here we go:

- first discuss Parasite's abilities. Thanks for clearing the touch ability up. As far as that power prism is concerned, that was an isolated showing right? I say that because I didn't see it after that, you would figure it would be shown more often. I still feel that his powers are mostly based off physical contact but it doesn't really matter. I know he has had the majority of his experience draining off Superman so he is used to draining fairly powerful beings. Has he been overloaded on power before? I ask because there was an instance of Rouge(similar/comparable to parasite) absorbing Ares (olympian/similar to an Asgardian) and she received some backlash/overload:

No Caption Provided

now I know characters are different, just using it as a basis for a consideration point. Has Parasite ever attempted energy siphon from a God? and siphoning from Thor AND BRB may possibly be too much. Lets just say for argument that parasite DOESN'T need to make physical contact, just close proximity. Thor and BRB would probably feel some difference and take some sort of action. I've already established that Thor will begin a Storm based attack, and considering the nature of parasite's powers, Thor continues the attack with elemental based attacks such as intense rains and winds to disorientate and keep off balance

and ending up with opening up the earth and swallowing Parasite in a deep fissure effectively trapping him/containing him far away from harm.

No Caption Provided

So physical confrontation is not needed to stop Parasite. My team will also be relatively unaffected by the abnormal weather patterns raging nearby, not sure if yours will.

Now onto Humanite and installing the brain blocker in RH. Like I stated as soon as BRB notices his enemy's appearance, he launches an attack. Sure you stated Humanite is tough. Fantastic, that means BRB can dish out some punishment...which he will do. repeated hammer strikes that harm Herald level beings, demons, Gods such as Asgardians, gamma powered beings, etc, etc......have fum Humanite. Has he shown physical durability to stand up to such a weapon? I feel that the showing against Gardner, Supes and Manhunter was a rarity and laden is only showed them restraining him...nothing else. The fight with Power girl was good. first off, here's this:

No Caption Provided

looks like Kal's getting the better of him here. Thor and BRB's strength in the same category. I say that's what BRB's hammer strikes are gonna do to him, and coupled with lightning strikes which accompany Stormbreaker strikes at times. don't think that Humanite has ever had to stand up to this type of physical attack, and won't t at the level that BRB is dishing out.

and if worse comes to worse....and the fight is by some crazy reason going downhill (which it won't), BRB can always resort to teleporting a comet into Humanite's hide to take him out (doubt he can survive that)

now, Humanite planted the brain blocker in RH correct? as stated in the scan (I have the whole JSA run, and was fond of the stealing thunder arc....i didn't know that's what you were referring to at first) the brain blocker is defeated by an electric surge correct? hmmmm...Thro and BRB generate those specific types of attacks. Thor has generated an EMP without even meaning to previously from his lightning attacks

scan 6 shows the EMP. Thro and BRB have been throwing around enough Lightning attacks that the brain blocker gets fried on RH. Now he still may be under Humanite's thrall, but considering the attack by BRB I say that the hold is broken. and If not, then oh well....he can be taken down too since Parasite has been nullified.

Now bring in Henshaw. I've noted you have kept him out of the battle thus far, and considering his substantial physical prowress, I doubt you will only use his technopathy abilities. You will need him now that you are a man down.

back to you sir (think I covered that fairly well...)

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1:

The original Parasite used to get overloaded if he drained energy too quickly.

The new one ( still pre NU52) doesn't.

The power prism was more to do with Parasites genius. His absorbing includes the intellect of others and he has been at genius levels from time to time.

He also doesn't just drain Superman he literally drains the life energy of anyone near him simply by being in his presence. He can drain electricity from power grids and much more. He needs energy constantly.

None of those attacks show anything likely to take him out in fact most look like More sources of energy for him to drain.

Ultra has gone up against Supes pretty often and we have as many showings of him taking Supes down as the other way. For one thing in All Star Squadron (issues 21 to 25 and annual 2) in even the frail body of Delores winters his TK could Throw superman around like a doll while also assaulting Alan Scot ( he was surprised Scot's shields did better than Supes but he still shattered them with Deathbolts help). He was after all Supes ORIGINAL enemy ( Luthor was a copy of him who came along later). He is susceptible to energy attacks and was baddly burned by Powergirls heat vision, but he does regularly carry a force field of his own that withstood the energy blasts of Star Spangled Kid ( Sylvester). That's the same energy blasts that vaporised Vulcan in All Star comics ( something even classic Fate could not. I notice you haven't even come up with anything for Cyborg Supes.

I'll put the rest up when I get home and can add the scans

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1:

I notice you haven't even come up with anything for Cyborg Supes.

that is correct sir, but that is on purpose. I wan to fully address the other points before I turn my attention to him. Henshaw is no joke.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1:

I still feel that his powers are mostly based off physical contact but it doesn't really matter. I know he has had the majority of his experience draining off Superman so he is used to draining fairly powerful beings.

You can feel what you'd like but the facts are the facts. In DC comics present 55 he drained power from Air Wave II who is intangible when in his radio wave form. In Firestorm 55 he absorbed the power of Firehawk and was throwing around nuclear blasts and she was airborne above him when he did it. Clearly Touch isn't required

I know he has had the majority of his experience draining off Superman so he is used to draining fairly powerful beings.

He has fought about 20 Superheroes from memory so he's used to more than just Clark also.

Has he been overloaded on power before? I ask because there was an instance of Rouge(similar/comparable to parasite) absorbing Ares (olympian/similar to an Asgardian) and she received some backlash/overload:

The Original Parasite Rudy Jenson used to get overloaded if he drained energy too quickly. he was also the one who needed to touch to be able to drain power. The later Rudy Jones however suffered from none of these problems.

Maybe not a god, but he has drained a DCU elemental ( Firestorm) and elementals at DC are =/= to gods at Marvel. Also there are distinct differences between Rogue and Parasite. Rogue doesn't drain from just being near. Doesn't drain life force, doesn't retain the power. Doesn't NEED to drain energy just to exist. There can be no equivalency between them. Olympians are also NOT Norse golds. For one thing aren't Olympians TRUE immortals where Asgardians actually age and can be killed???? What works for one doesn't have to go the same way for the other.

Lets just say for argument that parasite DOESN'T need to make physical contact, just close proximity. Thor and BRB would probably feel some difference and take some sort of action.

We don't have to say, it's a fact. I've started looking for my DC comics presents issue with Airwave for the scans. I'll have them in a day or so.

I've already established that Thor will begin a Storm based attack, and considering the nature of parasite's powers, Thor continues the attack with elemental based attacks such as intense rains and winds to disorientate and keep off balance

Let's just near in mind here that by simply being near both of them parasite is going to have this exact same power. if he's near them long enough he will have it to a greater degree than wither of them has alone. How is using wind going to disorient someone capable of using the same?? Let's also remember that a storm and Lighning are ASLO ENERGY, as is the kinetic energy of the winds etc. all more power for Parasite to drain. This was the point I was making in my last post but still you persist. These very attacks will empower not harm parasite. So your argument is to attack someone who ALWAYS needs more energy and who can drain anything is give him more to feed off and make him even stronger.

Not the way i'd have gone but what the hey.

Now onto Humanite and installing the brain blocker in RH. Like I stated as soon as BRB notices his enemy's appearance, he launches an attack. Sure you stated Humanite is tough. Fantastic, that means BRB can dish out some punishment...which he will do. repeated hammer strikes that harm Herald level beings, demons, Gods such as Asgardians, gamma powered beings, etc, etc......have fum Humanite.

So wait a minute is BRB creating storms etc with Thor to attack parasite (empowering him further in an attempt to disorient) or is he reacting to Ultra?? Bear in mind Parasite is draining his power and in several of those stories with Superman the end result has been that Superman was powerless by the end and had to trick parasite into giving him back his power. Let's also not forget that at the very same time Red Hulk is also draining energy from BRB and Thor and is attacking also. You Know I'm a Thor fan and BRB is OK but if you seriously think he can attack Ultra with any fervor at the same time as taking on Parasite AND Red Hulk and not even think about what Hank Henshaw is capable of your giving seriously ore credit than is due. Both BRB and Thor are going to have their hands busy facing parasite, Cyborg Supes and Red Hulk. The few seconds it will take Ultra to stick one of his brain blockers in RH's neck to allow easier control and then let him unleash his full mental fury as well as his physical one are seconds BRB just wont have to spare.

BRB can always resort to teleporting a comet into Humanite's hide to take him out (doubt he can survive that)

In the All Star Squadron Annual Ultra was taken by Cyclotron who went into the stratosphere and went Nuclear to destroy him/her. Ultra survived by mentally teleporting his brain elsewhere . he later implanted into a new body. He has mentally controlled his various devices from other existences like Limbo and activated and sent his time machines to other times etc. Seriously he wont be hit, he always has an exist strategy if things go south. Plus as you've read stealing thunder you would have seen all his beautiful genetically engineered spare white ape bodies. spares he keeps for just such a contingency. They were his guards in the ark. And of course there is always that damn pesky force field.

the brain blocker is defeated by an electric surge correct? hmmmm...Thro and BRB generate those specific types of attacks.

It took the JSA etc time to work that out and formulate that concept after acquiring a brain blocker. How exactly will Thor and BRB know to do it?

that is correct sir, but that is on purpose. I wan to fully address the other points before I turn my attention to him. Henshaw is no joke.

None of my guys are a joke and choosing to ignore part of my team and strategy to focus on the other is a flawed approach IMO. Leaves you open to to many wholes being poked in your counter.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: nice. will comment back as soon as I can.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Time to finally put to bed any issue of Parasite needing to touch to drain powers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In the first scan an old enemy of Airwaves suddenly uses his power against him while Airwave is left powerless. In the second we see Parasite talking to that old enemy and confirming he was the one who took airwaves powers and gave them to him. He also gave them back to Airwave. for all the taking and giving of powers he wasn't even in sight so he certainly doesn't need to touch to drain power.

Finally in the third scan we see him drain Superman's strength and invulnerability before Superman hit's him. In fact he does it so the hit ( the first contact) doesn't harm him. He's also shown giving it back. In his own words his control over the level of power he takes and the type is to the "NTH" degree.

This also brings up something else from one of your posts. You said Thor or BRB would sense the draining and do something. As you can see also in that third scan Superman who is a LOT more familiar with Parasite's power didn't sense that his power was drained before he struck his old enemy.

This also presents a VERY interesting quandary for you. Parasite can drain whatever power he thinks is useful of Thor and BRB, to what ever degree he wants and can give it to either of his team mates. You could be facing your own attacks thrown at you from any direction.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Time to finally put to bed any issue of Parasite needing to touch to drain powers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

n the first scan an old enemy of Airwaves suddenly uses his power against him while Airwave is left powerless. In the second we see Parasite talking to that old enemy and confirming he was the one who took airwaves powers and gave them to him. He also gave them back to Airwave. for all the taking and giving of powers he wasn't even in sight so he certainly doesn't need to touch to drain power.

Finally in the third scan we see him drain Superman's strength and invulnerability before Superman hit's him. In fact he does it so the hit ( the first contact) doesn't harm him. He's also shown giving it back. In his own words his control over the level of power he takes and the type is to the "NTH" degree.

This also brings up something else from one of your posts. You said Thor or BRB would sense the draining and do something. As you can see also in that third scan Superman who is a LOT more familiar with Parasite's power didn't sense that his power was drained before he struck his old enemy.

This also presents a VERY interesting quandary for you. Parasite can drain whatever power he thinks is useful of Thor and BRB, to what ever degree he wants and can give it to either of his team mates. You could be facing your own attacks thrown at you from any direction.

Very interesting man, very interesting. well then.......i suppose that I have my work cut out for me know don't I???? Gimme a bit, will get back at you today. Sorry didn't post anything yesterday. Work has been very time consuming and I am putting much thought into rebuttal!

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By beatboks1

@cosmicallyaware1: no probs. took me a while but as you can see finally found that DC comics presents 55. Now if I can just find my other damn issues with parasite I. An support a bit more of what I've claimed.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: no probs. took me a while but as you can see finally found that DC comics presents 55. Now if I can just find my other damn issues with parasite I. An support a bit more of what I've claimed.

wow, my bad for not replying/posting anything on this...been tied up a bit. will put some work in tonight......I'm not done yet by a long shot!!!

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@beatboks1: ok man, sorry for the long delay! Time to put some work in on this. But I will begin by saying that so far I have really enjoyed debating with you and feel that this will increase my skills regardless of the outcome. moving on......

Let's just near in mind here that by simply being near both of them parasite is going to have this exact same power. if he's near them long enough he will have it to a greater degree than wither of them has alone. How is using wind going to disorient someone capable of using the same?? Let's also remember that a storm and Lighning are ASLO ENERGY, as is the kinetic energy of the winds etc. all more power for Parasite to drain. This was the point I was making in my last post but still you persist. These very attacks will empower not harm parasite. So your argument is to attack someone who ALWAYS needs more energy and who can drain anything is give him more to feed off and make him even stronger.

Not the way i'd have gone but what the hey

Understood. however it is near impossible to attack parasite without some form of energy being used especially if you are going with the kinetic energy argument. That being said, I feel that no matter how much Parasite absorbs he still cannot stand to the caliber of elemental and magical attacks that Thor and/or BRB will provide. But in this case it will be Thor in the beginning as he has already put his attention on him. And regardless of how much Parasite absorbs he will also not be able to handle scathing attacks from Mjolnior (which has proven to harm the likes of Celestials, abstract beings, Gods, etc...). Thor also has durability on the level that no matter what Parasite attacks him back with, he will be able to withstand long enough to be able to utilize some of the rarer attributes of Mjolnir for the victory or at least neutralize Parasite.

So, let's say that Parasite has enough power absorbed to easily escape the ground fissure that Thor encapsulated him in. This at least will not be instantanious, and Thor will have seen Henshaw in the distance. He quickly launches an attack at him with lightning barrage first (seeing his mechanical parts in hopes of frying mechanics in ignorance, not fully aware of his opponent) and then following up with Mjolnir throw that slams into Henshaw with enough force that it knocks him away from the battlefield for a short amount of time. Parasite by now escapes from the ground imprisonment, and Thor begins attack on him physically this time (expected right?) Thor launches multiple attacks: lightning, Mjolnir strikes and the such. He sees the effect it has on Parasite (empowering) and is feeling weaker. He realizes Parasite's power set now, and utilizes his own power siphoning capabilities and drains off all Parasite's energy (he has exhibited this ability before, mostly in response to an offensive energy based attack in his direction. However he has also demonstrated the ability without being directly attacked)

No Caption Provided

Now that Parasite has been drained off, Thor realizes he must strike for the kill while he is weakened as his own life is in jeopardy. He unleashes powerful attack on the level that Parasite cannot hope to absorb (Thor has defeated and killed cosmic/abstract level beings with powerful attacks previously, far above Parasite level...I will site Chaos War as an example.)

During this Henshaw has been back observing his opponents and with his bravado, has decided that he will be the one that destroys Thor. Now it's Thor vs. Cyborg superman. But before address that, let me discuss:

So wait a minute is BRB creating storms etc with Thor to attack parasite (empowering him further in an attempt to disorient) or is he reacting to Ultra??

BRB is attacking Ultra like I previously stated.

Bear in mind Parasite is draining his power and in several of those stories with Superman the end result has been that Superman was powerless by the end and had to trick parasite into giving him back his power.

Just covered that.

Let's also not forget that at the very same time Red Hulk is also draining energy from BRB and Thor and is attacking also. You Know I'm a Thor fan and BRB is OK but if you seriously think he can attack Ultra with any fervor at the same time as taking on Parasite AND Red Hulk and not even think about what Hank Henshaw is capable of your giving seriously ore credit than is due.

As far as Rulk is concerned, the energy draining ability from him IS by contact.....as it has only been shown a few times

and he must keep in contact with said enemy for it to be effective. Beta Ray will not give him that chance. Yes...he is focusing on Ultra (not Parasite as you mentioned.....cleared that up previously above also), but as soon as Rulk steps in to attack, BRB delivers a quick attack to to take him out of the picture for a bit, and probably breaks Humanite's hold over him so he can join BRB in attacking Humanite

scans (above) out of sequence........... would lead off w/ 2.) lightning burst to put some distance between Humanite, BRB, and Rulk (and also so Rulk could't grab him at all) and then 3) lay into Rulk w/ stormbreaker strike knocking him away....speedburst to him and deliver a shattering blow like 3). If Rulk isn't KO'd (probably would be....those are herald level blows) then I say Humanite's hold is broken and BRB returns his attention to him.

Like I stated above, at this point then Henshaw is facing off against Thor after he has dispatched Parasite.

In the All Star Squadron Annual Ultra was taken by Cyclotron who went into the stratosphere and went Nuclear to destroy him/her.

Cool, no problem for BRB to accomplish something of the such. He has displayed serious energy output coupled with Asgardian mysticism in the past, and against cosmic/herald level beings.

Ultra survived by mentally teleporting his brain elsewhere . he later implanted into a new body. He has mentally controlled his various devices from other existences like Limbo and activated and sent his time machines to other times etc. Seriously he wont be hit, he always has an exist strategy if things go south. Plus as you've read stealing thunder you would have seen all his beautiful genetically engineered spare white ape bodies. spares he keeps for just such a contingency

Fantastic, well he probably will need to do so here also. If he does this, doesn't that mean he has exited the battle and is out of the fight? You did not state having any bodies nearby prepared in prep strategy, so a no go on that for this battle. In stealing thunder he did have them on site, and that didn't work out for him in the end...his conciousness had to be held somewhere before transferring into new host and he was beaten before he could do so....it's a time consuming process, which he does not have here as you did not set that up in prep.

So..............recap: I have taken out Parasite, removed my mindcontrolled teamate from fight long enough to be a non factor so BRB defeats Humanite, and now there is only Cyborg Superman to contend with (whom will deal with the combined might of the Oath brothers).

Be back to address that point later.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: nice post what scan of ravan and ares is that from because i wanna read that issue.

@beatboks1 nice job using my boy ultrahumanite.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: nice post what scan of ravan and ares is that from because i wanna read that issue.

@beatboks1 nice job using my boy ultrahumanite.

X-Men Legacy 26? i think....have to pull it out of a box now and double check..............sigh............

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Thanks once you find te title number and issue let me know because i will be reading it.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: I'd quote you in detail but think it will be easier to just go over a few things.

1. courtesy of this part of my prep

brain amplification tech of Brainwave

Ultra's mental powers are going to be above normal. At normal levels Ultra can and has taken on several heroes who's power level is in the league of your team solo. h has as shown physically faced the combination of Superman, Martian manhunter and Guy Gardner. he has pulverized Powergirl. he has solo fought Superman and Alan Scot, soloed the Infinity Inc. fought several JSAers. All this at his normal power levels and here he's amped.

Secondly I think you've also forgotten this part of my very first post and strategy.

At 2 to one odds against nearly equal (at normal levels) opponents and the power dwindling couttesy of Parasite and RH this battle wont take long.

Both the remaining team members you have are going to be double teamed from the outset. Thor will be getting buffited by BOTH Parasite and Cyborg Supes, while BRB will have to deal with BOTH RH and ultra. Either one in their own right can make a fight with either and quite frankly I could make arguments for a win. Against both I just don't see most of what your suggesting even getting a chance to play out.

When Ultra first takes over RH he could simply (and logically would) have him walk up to BRB and commence draining him by touch. BRB has no reason to suspect his team mate of foul play and honestly he could already by quite drained and weakened before Ultra Strikes. BRB naturally turning his attention to the enemy is then even further shocked when his team mate then strikes from behind. Caught completely unawares he is now already on the back foot and having to fight on two fronts, three if you count Ultra's physicals on top of his TK. BRB will be lucky to get a break long enough to mount any type of attack. Especially considering he'll be getting energy drained from him by RH, maybe a little by Parasite as well as mental energy by the brain drain aparatus CS makes.

Similarly CS and Parasite will be attacking Thor simultaneously. Now you claim that Thor will recognize he's being drained, my question is how will he know WHO by. As i've shown Parasite can drain energy and gift those powers to others. Ultra through his TP has learned that Thor and BRB through their hammers can energy drain and his genius has come up with a ploy to use that to their advantage. Parasite Drains Thor of power as I've said all along but he doesn't manifest much of it himself, instead he gives the lions share of that power to Henshaw. Subsequently Thor naturally assumes that it is Henshaw not Parasite draining him. SO when he uses his energy drain attack he does it to Henshaw. This is where your problems start, not end. Henshaw is a LIVING energy signature, so once absorbed he becomes part of the very energy within Mjilnor. We then have parasite draining his power still from the outside (while Thor is already weak from that drained plus the attack he just mounted on the wrong adversary), whilst Henshaw is disrupting the energy from within, not to mention feeding this very energy into the brain drain apparatus he built for Ultra further enhancing his power.

Personally I think your skrewed.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: touche.

Personally I think your skrewed

considering it's you I'm facing that very well may be the case, but I'm sure as heck gonna go down swingin! be back at some point to see what I can do about that....................

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@cadencev2: no prob, just let me throw out last part of my presentation here and then will do so.

@beatboks1: so let me finish this up man. It has been fun to go against you again.... thanks.

Ultra's mental powers are going to be above normal. At normal levels Ultra can and has taken on several heroes who's power level is in the league of your team solo. h has as shown physically faced the combination of Superman, Martian manhunter and Guy Gardner. he has pulverized Powergirl. he has solo fought Superman and Alan Scot, soloed the Infinity Inc. fought several JSAers. All this at his normal power levels and here he's amped

that's fantastic, it means he will not get killed by Stormbreaker on the first shot. Good then he will give BRB a decent tussle. I feel that I covered the fight between those two in last post. but just for the heck of it, lets see something here real quick:

do you understand the relevance of this? just sheer bad assness. here's some background info to enlighten:

Fenris Wolf (Earth-616):

The Fenris Wolf is a creature of the Asgardian dimension who is said to be an offspring of Loki and the giant Angerboda. It is a huge wolf (usual height 15 feet tall) with human-like intelligence, vast strength and the capacity to change its shape to that of a god or to change its size to that of a real wolf. Before it reached maturity, Fenris threatened Iduna, keeper of the gods' Golden apples of Immortality, and was banished to Varinheim by Haakun the Hunter. [1] Just as Fenris reached maturity, the Asgardian gods decided it would be unsafe to allow Fenris to roam the land unfettered. The gods then bound Fenris to a rock where he has been kept to this day. It is prophesied that when Ragnarok, the twilight of the Asgardian gods, occurs, Fenris will devour Odin. Fenris was killed in the final Ragnarök, although what death means to the Asgardians has yet to be seen.

Superhuman Strength: Fenris is monstrously strong, strong enough to lift hundreds of tons with ease. He's proven stronger than even the mighty Thor himself, and with time and patience he would grow to even larger proportions further increasing his already immeasurable strength and durability.

Superhuman Stamina: Fenris' has shown incredible bodily stamina throughout the years. shown being able to go blow for blow with the mighty Thor for days at a time and barely showing fatigue.

Godlike Invulnerability: unlike most asgardians or asgardian beasts of burden. Fenris was and is forevermore invulnerable to most affronts on his personage, taking and receiving damage from only the strongest of Marvel Universes Heavyweight's. beings or items of magical origin such a Thor or Odin have been among the few known to accomplish this feat.
Regenerative Healing Factor:Likewise, in the event that Fenris was ever damaged heavily whilst in combat or otherwise. He had a Regenerative Healing Factor to supplement his godlike endurance and stamina, able to heal from even the most grievous wounds in mere moments. It's yet unknown that if he can either reattach or regenerate lost of destroyed bodily tissues when damaged beyond recognition.

So, I'm not too worried about the validity of BRB smashing Humanite. moving on.......

Both the remaining team members you have are going to be double teamed from the outset. Thor will be getting buffited by BOTH Parasite and Cyborg Supes, while BRB will have to deal with BOTH RH and ultra. Either one in their own right can make a fight with either and quite frankly I could make arguments for a win. Against both I just don't see most of what your suggesting even getting a chance to play out.

I've covered the parasite issue, Ultra and Rulk (see previously stated posts) I am about to address Henshaw vs. the oath brothers. Understood that you can't see it playing out, you have a fantastic team and are an excellent debater. It will be difficult to accept the loss, but can't win every time.

Similarly CS and Parasite will be attacking Thor simultaneously. Now you claim that Thor will recognize he's being drained, my question is how will he know WHO by. As i've shown Parasite can drain energy and gift those powers to others. Ultra through his TP has learned that Thor and BRB through their hammers can energy drain and his genius has come up with a ploy to use that to their advantage. Parasite Drains Thor of power as I've said all along but he doesn't manifest much of it himself, instead he gives the lions share of that power to Henshaw. Subsequently Thor naturally assumes that it is Henshaw not Parasite draining him. SO when he uses his energy drain attack he does it to Henshaw. This is where your problems start, not end. Henshaw is a LIVING energy signature, so once absorbed he becomes part of the very energy within Mjilnor. We then have parasite draining his power still from the outside (while Thor is already weak from that drained plus the attack he just mounted on the wrong adversary), whilst Henshaw is disrupting the energy from within, not to mention feeding this very energy into the brain drain apparatus he built for Ultra further enhancing his power.

Ok, let me break this down. 1) already established that it won't be both CS and parasite at same time 2) The Thor claim is rocky I agree, not too much weight there 3) not really buyin it that parasite gives drained energy to others, he would exhibit that much more often if that was valid. plus why would a greedy leech give something away and you've stated that he needs the energy so badly. nope. he won't give up squat, not really in his character 4) yes, Henshaw is a living energy source which i will address here in a minute 5) NO, NO, NO does Henshaw become part of Mjolnir.....when has anything like that happened before? zero validity to that claim.

So with that being said I will move on to the final part of the battle and my finisher:

Oath Brothers (Thor and Beta Ray Bill) VS. Cyborg Superman (Hank Henshaw)

This will be an epic battle and by no means be easy for the hammer twins. Too bad no BFR! Henshaw has the ability to get the win, yes...but Thor and BRB need only to destroy his physical shell which they do here. Mjolnir and Stormbreaker easily have the combined output to destroy Hank's physical shell, and without enough material to reconstruct in the immediate area, he will be neutralized. Let's break this down:

first off lets's establish that Henshaw's body can be destroyed:

No Caption Provided

the multiple scans are from Superman/Doomsday Hunter Prey. And yes, they do show impressive durability, but they also show that Henshaw is not above having his host body damaged and damaged to the point where he needs to reconstruct. Thor and BRB have energy output capabilities in the range of accomplishing this especially the both of them combined. Yes, Darkseid's omega beams are High Tier, but he even states at this point he was not at full strength. Hammer Bros can achieve that level. If needed I believe that BRB can distract Henshaw enough for Thor to be able to utilize high end blast feats such as God Blast / or types used against Celestials

yes, Henshaw has regen....yes, he is durable, yes he has faced the superman family. I am aware of his feats and abilities. However he is not impervious to harm, and he can be beaten. Whom not better equipped than the combination of Thor and Beta Ray Bill? I am not going to put up a slew of feats/scans for them as I feel that would just be time consuming as you are familiar enough ( i will if need be I suppose, just say so and can provide for you). They both have high enough durability to take what Henshaw dishes out and return substantial high end attacks to end the battle. I project the ending similar to this of the Cyborg in pieces.......

No Caption Provided

And, with that I say..............good day sir. Just let me know if you need to reply before I change the title to open voting.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By beatboks1

Just a quick reply to a couple of points.

I've presented three examples of parasite gifting power ( with scans of one) the team up with Airwave, the power prism and when he drained Supes while feedin Solomon Grundy power. There is at least one more but I couldn't be bothered looking for it. Believe it or not it's established and he's done it enough to use it. Yes he still needs energy but he can drain and keep energy while still gifting powers. I never said he was giving everything

He's part of a team, the other two member are genius and as he's absorbed the mental power of those he's drained he often is two. If you think he's going to fight like an idiot you've made a big mistake.

Of course CS can take physical damage not relying that. The thing is with Ultra having TP sensed the ability of the oath brothers to drain the obvious trap of allowing them to drain CS after it looks like he's stealing their power so he can gain access to even greater power by his energy signature being in a very powerful weapon means it won't matter.

Good lock

The usual tag option on my iPhone is missing ATM sorry

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@cosmicallyaware1: @beatboks1:

when I first came to the Vine I was introduced to beatboks1, even teamed up with him on a draft but that didnt start. I actually tried to emulate alot of what he does with my stuff. My vote goes to beatboks1

reasons (I think this is why I get tagged so much)

1- He teamed UltraHumanite with Cyborg Superman. Its like when I teamed Ultimate Reed Richards with Madison Jeffries

2- I believing the Parasite aspect of getting beatboks numbers. Parasite has taken on Supes, who to me is on par with Thor. The whole bury Parasite in a crater is more Plot Device than anything. I think if cosmicallyaware knew more to counter Parasite it would have been better. Beatboks isnt just going to offer up possible ways to defeat such a villain so if he would have kept plugging away trying to discover that, it would have been good. Cosmic was doing good trying to discover that with touch, than over load of God Power....and such