Please Lock This. Thanks.

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mickey-mouse

TheTrueBarryAllen: Guards

The Last Stand

Black Canary // Blue Devil // Green Arrow // Ultimate Green Goblin // Wildcat

Pre 52 & New 52 feats allowed for DC Characters [ with Pre 52 mentality ]

Perks

Love Birds - Grants Perfect Teamwork

DC Fanboy - Picking an all DC team grants 1 extra pick [ Ult.Green Goblin ]

Ultimate Gift - Picking a character from Ultimate Marvel grants 1 character on your team a Batman Utility Belt [ Wildcat ]

vs

I_Like_Swords: Thieves

We're pretty f*ckin' awesome now

1. Darth Maul
  2. Savage Opress
  3. Luther Strode and Jack The Ripper(Pre Justin Jordan Tweet)
  4. Boba and Jango Fett
  5. F*** ya perks: Perfect teamwork

Rules:

1. Do you have a computer? No? Then you can't debate >_>
  2. Make 4 Picks of Anything
  3. Choose a Team Name
  4. Stacking Perks Is Allowed
  5. Combos Must Be Used Together
  6. In Character(Everyone has to act like they normally fight)
  7. EU Feats are allowed
  8. Everyone is willing to kill, but good guys are not willing to hurt innocent people.
  9. Team Work Counts A Lot , Old Relationships & Rivalries Count A Lot
  10. Teammates Will Not Attack Each Other (Unless Specified) But Won't Necessarily Follow Orders or Get Along
  11. Old rivalries count.
  12. No BFR & Can Only Teleport Yourself & Your Personal Gear
  13. No Telefrag
  14. No Time Travel
  15. No Mind or Soul Rape or Controlling Others Actions -All Other Soul/Mind Attacks Count
  16. NO Reality Warping-Breaking The 4th Wall & All PIS or Plot Powers Are Off
  17. NO GOD MODE SHENANIGANS
  18. Standard Gear, But Nothing Above OP Like Nuke Arrows
  19. Lightsabers Will Not Cut Through Magic Items Or Adamatium
  20. Any Luck Powers Will Be At Low-Mid Levels
  21. Any Toon Force Is At Very Low Levels
  22. Speeds Will Be Kept At Mach 5 or Below
  23. Win By Death/KO/or Mission Completion
  24. Single Elimination
  25. If I Feel That Voters Are Simply Voting For Their Friends-I Reserve The Right To Overrule A Bogus Vote
  26. If only one person or no one votes, I will decided the winner.
  27. I Will Ref The Matches.
  28. Jokes/Sarcasm/One Liners/Puns Are All Acceptable.
  29. If You Feel Someone Is Low Balling Or High Balling A Character-Then Call Them Out.
  30. Any Personal Insults Will Result In An Automatic Loss Of A Match.
  31. All Marvel Characters Are At Their Standard Levels Unless Specified Otherwise.
  32. All DC Characters Are New 52/Pre 52 Feats With Pre 52 Morals & Mind Set.
  33. Characters Will Start Off With No Knowledge Of Opponents They Have Not Encountered Before.
  34. Web Fluid Users get 6 Packs of Web Of Their Choosing
  35. Gun Users May Have Up To 4 Guns, Each Gun Has 50 Shots Each(Unless Specified)
  36. Arrow Users Get 80 Arrows
  37. No Vehicles Unless It Is Standard Equipment. Example: Green Goblin Gets His Glider, But Batman Does Not Get The Batmobile.
  38. No Summoning Help Unless They Are Normal Tools. Examples: Naruto Characters Cannot Summon Animals, but they can summon weapons. Poison Ivy Can Use Her Plants; 3 is The Limit for this sort of thing.
  39. Batfamily Utility Belt Users Get 80 Pieces Of Gear(Unless Specified)
  40. ALL FINAL RULE JUDGEMENTS WILL BE MADE BY ME

Mission: Jewel Heist. Guards vs Thieves.

No Caption Provided

A Luxury Cruiser is coming in to dock & pick up passengers. On board are The Guards, 2,000 passengers & crew members, and 100 Billion Dollars of Asgardian Magic Diamonds & Treasure.

Exhibit 1: Size Of A Small TV

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Exhibit 2: Size Of A Large TV

Map & Mission Details: Halo 3 Ragnarok

No Caption Provided

• The Size Of The Map Is 40 miles x 40 Miles. The total length of the River is 60 Miles as it moves in a curve. The river is 1 Mile Wide & 200 Yards Deep.
  • The Red Arrow: Is where the Luxury Cruiser Begins. The Red Arrow is 50 Miles away from the Pink Star Docking Station.
  • The Cruiser will travel down the river slowly at 50 MPH, dock at the Pink Star Station for an Hour to pick up more passengers , then turn around and go back to the gulf.
  • Total Travel Time For The Ship If It Were Not Stopped: 3 HRS
  • The Black Arrow: is where The Thieves start. The Black Arrow is 10 Miles Away From The Red Arrow & 25 Miles Away From The Pink Star Docking Station.
  • The Mountains Are 500 Yards High.
  • BlueStars: Represent small camps of people living in cabins. The people are locals to the area, 25 people per group.
  • The Yellow Star: Is the rendezvous point, where a Helicopter will pick up the thieves if they have the Jewels & Treasure.
  • The Cruiser Is Unsinkable & The Motor Cannot Be Destroyed. Besides that it is a ordinary Luxury Cruiser.

Open In New Tab To Enlarge

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Guards:

• There are 2 Treasure Exhibits On The Ship At The Green Stars. Protect them both & stop The Thieves.
  • Exhibit 1 Is In The Royal Promenade & Exhibit 2 is in The Solarium.
  • Do not hide the Treasure as it is a tourist exhibit.
  • Try, not to kill the passengers, if you can.
  • (Bad Guys, Will Still Do What They Have To)

Thieves:

• You must steal both Treasure Exhibits, make your escape, and head to the Yellow Star to be picked up by the Helicopter.
  • To Give you more of a sporting chance; a Stealth Boat & Navy Seal Driver will be waiting for you on the River Bank.
  • The Driver Will Only Pick You Up & Drop You Off. He will not engage anyone in combat. If you want to drive the boat yourself, that's fine.
  • NO STEALTH BOAT WEAPONS OR GADGETS.

M80 Stiletto Stealth Boat

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Good Luck & Remember All Other Tourney Rules Are In Place & Will Be Posted In Each Thread.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright this is going to be very interesting. Both of these teams have some powerhouses & some skilled characters as well!!!!

@thetruebarryallen vs @i_like_swords

Good Luck. Have Fun. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@lukehero: Nice one.

@thetruebarryallen Hey man, remember our tourney debate ages ago in diredrills tourney? This should be another good match. Look forward to it. You wanna go first or shall I? Since you're defending or whatever maybe you could go first. Or even just throw up an opener.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@i_like_swords: I'm perfectly fine with going first & I can create an opener and whatnot; however, would you just be able to give me some information about your characters? I'll probably look at some wiki's to learn more about them too but I know NOTHING about any of them except for Boba & Jango haha.

Should be a lovely match :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Well, luckily for you, I just finished my second respect thread for Darth Maul. Here are the links:

Darth Maul (TPM)

Darth Maul (TCW)

TPM is feats during and before The Phantom Menace. And TCW means feats from The Clone Wars and beyond. As for Savage, he's basically the same as Maul except less skilled and fast but more durable and strong, and probably a little bit more powerful in force-telekinesis, although he is on the whole inferior to Maul.

As for Luther and Jack.. well they also have respect threads. Luther thread and Jack thread. They essentially share the same powerset except similarly, Jack is faster and more skilled, but Luther is stronger. Same durability, healing ect. They can also read body language keeping them one step ahead of opponents at all times.

As for Boba and Jango.. yeno, extremely durable armor, jet packs, loads of explosives and other weapons..

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump @thetruebarryallen I can kick things off if you want. Will save you rummaging through respect threads.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump @thetruebarryallen I can kick things off if you want. Will save you rummaging through respect threads.

If you'd like to go for it; I'm a tad busy as I've gotta write a lab report by Thursday ahaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: I guess I'll just kick things off by talking about how exactly I'm going to get this done. Everyone in my team will have their own roles, and along the way I'll provide scans/quotes/videos to back up what I'm saying, so you can learn a bit about my team as we go.

General Strategy from the get-go

Due to my team having near enough no morals (except from Luther who probably won't kill innocents, but won't mind about their collateral damage anyway), and also having perfect teamwork due to my F*** ya perks, ability, my team will be ruthless and efficient in getting this job done. They'll get together before they decide to attack the boat and pitch a strategy together, all pointing out their strengths and what they're good at. After maybe 2, 3 minutes, they will make their way towards the ship.

Darth Maul

Maul's role here, initially, is to incite chaos on the ship. He'll start by having Boba Fett jet pack him near enough to the ship to be dropped off. While he's dropping he'll cloak himself invisible using the force.

Maul kept his cowl up and his lightsaber clipped as he reentered the building. Fortunately there was a human officer at the checkpoint, asking those coming and going to state their business. It was ridiculously easy for Maul to cloak himself in the Force and thus slip by the dim-witted fellow.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

From there, he'll make his way through the ship until he finds some staff, guards or crew members. Anyone with authority or access to some kind of equipment. When he finds them, he's going to use mind tricks to force them to incite as much chaos as possible. Crew members will signal for evacuation of the ship, fire alarms will be pulled, chef's will be making explosions in kitchens, mechanics will be blowing boilers up. Maul, after all, operates in chaos, as he shows here when he mind tricks a soldier into suicide bombing hundreds of his fellow soldiers against his will.

That's just mind tricks though, right? And sure, Maul can turn invisible, but what proof is there that he can cause this kind of large-scale havoc single handedly? Well, prepare to be surprised, because Maul is a master of stealth, sabotage and infiltration, and has shown his proficiency in these dark arts numerous times.

Like the time he single handedly brought down the Black Sun crime syndicate, a galactic power in Star Wars that holds power over billions of beings and is essentially the most powerful crime force in the galaxy. Maul from the inside destroys an entire spacestation, after infiltrating the guard and killing everyone inside apart from one man.

And in terms of general stealth ability, he's not too shabby at all.

Maul, after killing several guards, moves so quietly that nobody else on the ship can even hear him.

I pause just outside the opening to the bridge. I have moved so quietly that no one has heard my approach. When I'm in attack mode, I am nothing more than a shadow.

Star Wars Episode I Journal: Darth Maul

Sneaks into the main bridge of a ship, and cuts someone in half from the crotch up before anyone was even aware of his presence.

I am in the room and have dispatched the first target before the others are even aware of my presence. He goes down without a cry, the victim of a ceiling-to-floor sweep from my lightsaber that cut him in two.

Star Wars Episode I Journal: Darth Maul

So Maul will be like a silent, invisible plague causing an absolute massacre.

After he's happy enough chaos is enveloping the ship, distracting your team, he will use his 60-75mph sprint speed to quickly grab one of the exhibits and get out of there, back to the M80 Stiletto Stealth Boat that will be parked and waiting for him.

But there was an even quicker way to overtake them. He called upon the Force, moving easily five times faster than a human could travel at a dead run. There was no way they could escape him now.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

I don't think he'll be encountering your team, but if you prove he will be, I'll explain why he cuts them in half and moves on :)

Jack The Ripper

He'll have a relatively similar job to Maul, as he'll be retrieving the other exhibit of treasure, using his insane speed.

No Caption Provided

He's so fast he was moving invisibly fast, in a wake of dust, to Luther Strode himself, the guy who is fast enough to nonchalantly run through a hail of bullets without getting tagged. Jack is insanely quick.

He'll be arriving by Jango Fetts jetpack about.. a minute after Maul lands and begins causing havoc. Once he's happy all hell is breaking loose, he'll get dropped and head for the exhibit that Maul isn't going for. Not much else to say really. My other four guys will be doing the fighting, Maul and Jack are going for the objective.

Everyone Else

Boba and Jango, after bringing over Maul and Jack, will hover overhead with their jetpacks in order to make sure the grab goes cleanly. Savage and Luther will be arriving by stealth boat, and will be heading into the fray after parking up.

The Fetts

Boba and Janga Fett have an insane amount of destructive output between them. They have flamethrowers, mini-concussion rockets, jetpack missiles, blasters than can disintegrate opponents or blow up vehicles with one hit, thermal detonators capable of massive destructive ranges (as you saw earlier in the scan of Maul making the solider suicide bomb..).

As always credit to the user Fetts for some of these great scans.

That's Boba's weaponry, here's some of Jango's:

Loading Video...

Admittedly Jango has fewer showings than Boba, but he still has all the same weapons as Boba - after all, he taught him how to use them all in the first place.

They can also take damage even better than they can dish it out. They are wearing incredibly durable Mandalorian armor which is flamethrowerproof, blasterproof, missileproof, impactproof and even lightsaber-resistant.

As for fighting skill and reflexes - they're the best fighters among the Star Wars universe. If this fight gets close quarters not only do they have things like knockout gas, grapple-rope to incapacitate, flamethrowers and sonic detonators strong enough to shut down electronics, but they're incredibly skilled hand-to-hand fighters capable of killing Jedi and Sith alike (beings in the mach 2 speed-range who dedicate their lives to combat).

Boba has been stated to have killed multiple Jedi off-panel, before he began teaching Jaina Solo how to kill them herself.

"Fett, you can teach me to bring down Jedi. You've done it often enough."

Jaina Solo - Star Wars: Legacy of The Force: Revelation

He's killed a mutated Starkiller clone which was bloodlusted and attempting to speedblitz him in a complete surprise encounter.

He's punched out Rahm Kota, an experienced Jedi master, in one strike.

No Caption Provided

Hell, he's even had Darth Vader on the ropes during a confrontation. Granted, he escaped by using the casket Vader wanted as leverage, but the fact he survived and wasn't speedblitzed instantly, shows just how skilled he is.

Read from right to left

As for Jango, he definitely knows his way around a force user. You already saw him beating and outmaneuvering Obi Wan Kenobi in the above video, now here is him killing four Jedi with his bare hands.

He can shoot and kill a Jedi who is actively trying to deflect his blaster bolts. And this is one of the Jedi that was managing to avoid blaster fire from about a hundred droids prior to engaging Jango.

Loading Video...

As for him dying to Mace Windu.. people do tend to neglect remembering that Jango had no jetpack, and had just been trampled on. Not to mention Mace was second only to Yoda in the order, in incredibly good physical shape, was a master of every single form of lightsaber combat.. not a low showing by any means.

And here he also defeats Korami Vosa, a former apprentice of Count Dooku himself.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Dooku himself says it's impressive that a normal human could pull this off against a Sith, let alone one of Dooku's own apprentices.

These guys are certified badass' who should be able to provide an excellent distraction for Maul and Jack, and could possibly kill off some of your team members aswell between their skills and weaponry.

Luther Strode and Savage Opress

These guys are complete tanks who's goal is to essentially kill your team members as ferociously as possible. While Maul and Jack head back to the boat where the Navy Seal driver will take them to the rendevous point with the treasure, and the Fett's reign down on your team from the skies, these guys will be charging through your guys like a knife through warm butter.

Here are some general strength feats for Luther

Collapsing a warehouse as collateral damage during a fight, slamming Jack into the ground hard enough to make a massive crater, ripping men limb from limb and punching heads into a red mist, battering through doors and walls and even throwing a man like a rocket across buildings.

As for Luthers speed, he's easily in the mach 2 range given his ability to dance between hails of machine gun fire without getting hit.

And as for durability and healing. Luther can trap and catch bullets, fists as well as knives in his incredibly dense muscle tissue, tank hits from opponents just as strong as him, survive a warehouse exploding/crumbling on him and come out unscathed, and even heal back his intestines after snapping someones neck with them.

He is a physical powerhouse and I've not even scratched the surface of his abilities.

As for Savage, he is likewise incredibly strong and durable, but where he really shines is his telekinetic power.

Casually force pushing a group of men in the second scan. In the first scan, between him and Darth Maul, they telekinetically force-throw 87 soldiers off-panel in a huge telekinetic blast. This isn't counting the dozens behind them that are off panel. Savage, supposing he contributed at least 50% to this blast, force-threw around 60 armed soldiers dozens of feet in the air.

He's also been able to telekinetically throttle Obi Wan and Anakin, breaking through their force-defences, twice, and even force blasts dozens of droids at once.

Loading Video...

Savage can basically force choke anyone on your team, or blast them off the ship, at his leisure, since I'm assuming none of them have telekinetic resistance. And even if they did, it'd have to be very strong given Savage has battered through Obi Wan and Anakins telekinetic defences twice.

Aside from his force power though he's got his lightsaber, and his mach 2+ speed, which is shown above when he deflects omni-directional blaster fire (which is bullet speed+). So if anyone gets close there's a good chance he'll injure or kill them with his lightsaber.

Summary

• The whole boat will be in chaos thanks to Maul, initially throwing off your team
  • Maul and Jack are crazily fast in a dead sprint, approaching speeds of 75mph or faster, and should be able to run through civilians and opponents alike with ease.
  • The Fetts are insanely skilled and adaptive combatants with an army's worth of weapons each, and nigh-indestructible armor, as well as jetpacks. They could keep your whole team busy nevermind Savage and Luther.
  • Savage and Luther are complete powerhouses who should keep your team busy long enough for Maul and Jack to get to the rendevous point. And I don't think you have an answer for Savage's insane telekinetic power.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Barry has finished his lab work; I should have something in the next 3 days :)

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I need a quick clarification from you regarding the Mandalorian Armor the Fett's are using.

Boba has been seen using a variety of different types of armor throughout his history

• Duraplast
  • Durasteel
  • Beskar

While I'm fairly positive that Jango only used Durasteel - which is why Mace was able to bring him down with relative ease during Episode II. Could you clarify what type of armor you're Fett's are using; mostly for Boba because I'm 99.5% sure that Jango used Durasteel.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Awesome - I just wanted to get things cleared up because I know he's used it before & it wasn't really specified what armor you had to use.

Durasteel sounds good, I had seen your Lightsaber resistant comment and remembered that only Beskar was LS resistant. I'll have my post up sometime within the next 1 - 2 days [ possibly tonight ] as it's much harder than one would imagine to find scans of an obscure character like Blue Devil!

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Don't worry - I'll be posting. If you need to notify me it might be better to do so via PM that way the thread doesn't get filled with bumps and/or questions about the match :)

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TTBA Battle Post - 001

After surviving a lab report and two tests this week - I finally have time to create a post worthy of this debate with ILS. To start things off I'm going to outline my team so the voters know their powers, skills, and capabilities.

Meet The Team - The Last Stand

Black Canary

Dinah Lance was born into a family of crime fighters as her mother was a superhero and her father was a cop. She grew up around superheroes and was trained in H2H combat by Wildcat of the JSA. Dinah took over the mantle of Black Canary - her mother had been the original. Becoming a crime fighter she eventually married Green Arrow and fought alongside the Justice League in the pursuit of Justice.

Powers // Skills // Abilities

• Canary Cry - Dinah was born with a unique meta gene that gifted her with a powerful sonic scream that has been dubbed the Canary Cry. The cry is powerful enough to shatter objects, disorientate foes, and even liquefy and/or shatter bones. She has even used the cry to propel herself through the hair thus granting her a unique form of flight.
  • Expert Martial Artist - Dinah has been trained in martial arts by the expert combatant known as Wildcat. Due to her training from Wildcat her specialties lie in Judo & Boxing. Often times Dinah is grouped in the top 10 best DCU H2H Combatants.
  • Agility - Dinah is an incredibly agile combatant - she can flip around the arena and look good doing so. How she does it in heels... the world may never know.

Blue Devil

Daniel Patrick Cassidy was originally a stunt man who was hired to play the title character of a film named 'Blue Devil'. He had built himself a special suit filled with special effects galore that also contained a built in exoskeleton to increase his physical stats. Unfortunately for Cassidy some of his co-stars released a demon named Nebiros - Cassidy was able to drive the demon back and defeat him but not before being blasted with mystical energy that grafted his suit to his body. Eventually through a strange series of confusing comic book logic Cassidy became a real demon & was gifted with the magical Trident of Lucifer which he used to combat demons and banish them to Hell.

• Martial Artist - Cassidy was a skilled martial artist before being turned into a demon and has a certain degree of H2H skills.
  • Acrobat - Cassidy is a skilled acrobat, as his stuntman background required it.
  • Superhuman Strength - After becoming Blue Devil he gained an enhanced level of strength that allowed him to go hand to hand with Eclipso and 1HKO a power drunk Enchantress. He also fights demons from Hell on a regular basis.
  • Flight - Cassidy can fly, it's simple.
  • Fire Projection - Cassidy can use his trident to project fire and explosive blasts at his foes.

Green Arrow

Oliver Queen was a playboy who had inherited millions of dollars once his parents died - he lived an incredibly selfish lifestyle. Due to an incident at sea he was stranded on an island and presumed dead by the rest of the world. It was here that he honed his talent for archery and survival and began pursuing the fight for truth, justice, and a bundle of trick arrows. After escaping the island and returning to the real world he used his vast fortune to create a wide variety of trick arrows and joined the Justice League as Green Arrow.

• Master Archer - Queen is the top marksman in the DCU when it comes to arrows and archery. Queen is able to accommodate for long distance shots along with being able to fire with incredible accuracy even when thrown off balance. He's capable of hitting targets without actually looking at them and has fired arrows through solid objects such as walls to hit his targets on the opposite side. It has also been stated by his wife - Black Canary - that he can shoot a total of 39 arrows per minute.
  • Expert H2H Combatant - Queen received in depth training in the martial arts from Natas - the man who trained Deathstroke. He's held his own against Batman in H2H and survived deadly encounters with the assassin known as Deathstroke. He is also skilled with using his bow in CQC.
  • Peak Human Conditioning - Queen is at peak physical strength for a man of his size and is on par with Olympic champions as far as his physicality goes. His high levels of agility allow him to preform a wide variety of acrobatic feats and his accuracy is not hindered in the process - making Green Arrow an incredibly versatile and deadly combatant.

Ultimate Green Goblin

Norman Osborne was a scientific genius who founded his own company known as Oscorp. In the Ultimate Universe he created a "miracle" serum known as 'Oz'. Through a disaster and human experimentation Osborne was transformed into a gargoyle like being with a masterful control over fire projection. In his monstrous form he terrorized Spider Man and his friends along with SHIELD countless times - proving that in his new form he was an unstoppable tank of a beast.

• Super Strength - Osborne has a high degree of super strength as he can easily manhandle foes such as Spiderman & Hobgoblin.
  • Super Durability - Osborne has an incredible amount of potential damage soak as he's been impaled, shot, and smashed by a 9 ton truck without any fatal injury - he continues to fight until he's at the absolute brink of death. He was also able to tank anti - vehicle rounds shot at him from SHIELD Helicopters
  • Accelerated Healing Factor - Osborne can heal from minor injuries incredibly quickly - the more severe the injury the longer it takes him to heal.
  • Super Leaping - Osborne can easily leap hundreds of feat horizontally and vertically with his powerful legs. He can maneuver fairly easily while airborne.
  • Flame Projection - Osborne can ignite himself aflame without any injury - he can also project powerful energy blasts from his hands.
  • Energy Absorption - Osborne was able to absorb all of Ultimate Human Torches powers during a battle - draining Human Torch completely.

Wildcat

Ted Grant was a boxer who became the heavyweight champion known as Wildcat. He joined the JSA as a replacement member and eventually became one of their more prominent members. Grant has meta abilities that have slowed down his aging process and given him an increased number of 'lives'. He has trained various heroes in the DCU such as Batman, Superman, Mister Terrific, and Black Canary.

• Decelerated Aging - Grant may look older but he has the physical fitness of a peak human in his early twenties.
  • Body Reading - Grant has shown the ability to read his foes body language in order to predict where they'll throw a punch or attack - it's incredibly useful for H2H combat.
  • Additional Lives - Grant has been killed multiple times but always comes back to life. It has been discovered that to actually kill him he must die 9 consecutive times.
  • Ruthlessness - Grant is an incredibly ruthless combatant - he uses dirty tactics in his H2H combat to obtain any possible edge.
  • Heavy Hitter - Grant has some powerful punches & has knocked down heavy hitters such as Solomon Grundy & Hawkman.
  • Heightened Senses - Grant has incredibly advanced senses and can see in pitch black darkness.
  • Worlds Greatest Boxer - Grant is an incredibly skilled H2H fighter and is considered the worlds greatest boxer. As mentioned above he has trained a majority of the skilled H2H combatants in the DCU.

Equipment Listing - Materials used in this Battle

Here is some of the equipment that my characters will have in this battle - I will not explain it in depth unless my characters use it in the actual battle.

Green Arrow

• Bow
  • 15 Standard Pointed Arrows
  • 1 Boxing Glove Arrow
  • 4 Flash Bang Arrows
  • 5 Greek Fire Arrows
  • 10 Glue Arrows
  • 5 Acid Arrows
  • 5 Bola Arrows
  • 10 Electric Arrows
  • 5 Boomerang Arrows
  • 2 Smoke Arrows
  • 3 Net Arrows
  • 5 EMP Arrows
  • 5 Cryogenic Arrows
  • 5 Acetylene Arrows

80 Arrows in Total

Wildcat

Batman's Utility Belt w/Standard Gear - Will explain when used as I don't really want to list all of it.

The Defense Plan - Defend the Boat

You've got some heavy hitters on your team - and this is going to be a tough battle and as the "leader" of my team I'm going to have to play it smart with how I use each of my members because a wrong move could cost me this match and I don't really want that to happen.

Team Positioning

Blue Devil & Ultimate Green Goblin - Front of Boat [ Helipad ]

Green Arrow & Wildcat & Black Canary - Back of Boat [ Tower-ish looking thing ]

Part 1 - Arrival of Boba & Maul

If I'm reading your outline correctly you're having Boba carry Maul with him [ who is invisible ] to the boat as your first attack - Maul is going to be attempting to cause chaos on the boat making it a tad more difficult for my team to focus on everything going on.

The first move my team is going to be making is to prevent this - I'll admit that we won't be aware of Maul due to his invisibility but if we can stop Boba then we stall Maul from getting there at his intended time. Thankfully I have two incredibly powerful team members of mine ready to attack once they spot Boba flying through the skies; Blue Devil & Ultimate Green Goblin.

The first encounter becomes: Boba Fett w/Maul vs Blue Devil & Ultimate Green Goblin

One thing I'd like to point out before I go into this encounter is the fuel capacity of Boba's Mitrinomon Z-6 jetpack. I'm using Wookieepedia as a source here but it's generally quite reliable for popular Star Wars characters - it states that his jetpack has a fuel capacity to allow him to move in THREE 20 second bursts or ONE 1 minute flight.

This means that Boba is going to be relying on getting in & out of there as quickly as possible - throwing in a battle is seriously going to screw up his plans, especially if the two people attacking him plan on killing him.

Blue Devil is capable of flight & has displayed it on numerous occassions - Ultimate Green Goblin can leap INCREDIBLE lengths both vertically & horizontally.

BD is going to fly into the sky and begin blasting Boba with explosive blasts from his staff.

In the scans above he was able to create both small contained explosions & a rather large blast in that final scan - it's going to be slightly difficult for Boba to evade all of that while trying to get Maul to the ship; speaking of which, is he carrying Maul in his arms or is Maul holding onto his legs or something?

Anyways - BD is going to try and distract Boba while he flies around - his target is going to be Boba but he wouldn't mind blasting the Jetpack off of him either.

While this is going on Ultimate Green Goblin is projecting fire blasts from the front of the boat - his target is also Boba - so Boba is going to be dodging attacks from BD & GG while trying to make it to the boat & while being dragged down by the weight of Maul [ his jetpack is a small personal jetpack - it's not THAT powerful ] so he won't be too hard of a target to blast out of the sky.

In the above scans (1 - 2) we see that GG's fire blasts are able to eat through the plasma field around those SHIELD attack choppers and eventually cause them to explode. Scans (3 - 4) show him creating a pretty large explosion while he flies through the air - his targets are the SHIELD Hulkbusting unit & Ultimate Spiderman.

I know Boba has Durasteel which is able to resist extreme temperatures of both heat & cold but the concussive blasts from BD & GG should damage his jet pack & send him off course - or at least distract him. If Fett isn't downed at this point in time and he gets close enough to the boat [ his MO ] then GG is going to leap through the sky and grab the Mandalorian Bounty Hunter.

GG doesn't have to hold on for long at all - his main objective is to grab Boba & toss him into the ground; thus ending his flight and his attempted attack on the boat.

Maul is probably going to get tossed off of Boba during this - either because he wants to continue towards the boat on foot or just due to Boba needing to maneuver better.

Once Boba is downed GG is going to continue his attack and jump onto him - starting the assault with a ground pound and then just smashing Fett's face in over and over and over - Fett should be incredibly disoriented due to the rapid change in paths [ from being tossed through the air ] so he'll be dazed once GG goes to finish him. Fett's armor is tough - but GG is tougher than Durasteel - all those punches are going to end with Boba left lifeless and bloodied on the ground.

In the above scans (1 - 3) we see GG survive an INCREDIBLY large free fall - he just bounces away upon landing & SHIELD can't even located him. Scan 4 shows his crater-creating ground pound attack, which is what he's going to attack Boba with once he hits the ground. Scans (5 - 7) show his battle with Hobgoblin who has similar strength levels - GG just let loose with a flurry of punches and killed him no problem.

At this point in time GG & BD will be making their way back to the boat to resume their defense objective. Maul will be displaced from his original objective but will not be engaged [ unless you want Maul to go up against GG & BD ] as he is invisible so GG & BD won't know he was there.

Part 2 - The Arrival of Jango & Jack

The same thing is going to happen to your next wave of attackers - Jango & Jack. Thankfully for GG & BD we can actually see Jack & his speed isn't as useful while he's being carried through the air - if Jango tries to drop him then GG will grab him and begin beating the everliving crap out of him.

BD will be attacking Jango's jet pack - which has the same abilities as Boba's IIRC - and as we saw in Clone Wars it isn't the most sturdy or reliable piece of equipment.

As far as BD's dodging skills go for an aerial battle - he was able to dodge lightning attacks from Black Lightning.

He should be able to go head to head with Jango while GG wraps himself around Jack and lights himself on fire - thus burning away Jack's skin as the two of them fall to the ground. I know Jack has some insane durability - but so does GG. Green Goblin will continue to punch through Jack, creating hole after hole in him, until nothing is left of Jack.

Jack's speed shouldn't be a problem since he'll be grabbed from midair by GG while Jango flies him towards the boat - also the fact that GG was able to grab Spiderman in mid air even while Spiderman's spider sense warned him of the attack.

Jango will be distracted by Blue Devil long enough for GG to deal with Jack & then assist Blue Devil in his battle with Jango.

Once those two are dispatched of both BD and GG will make their way back to the boat to meet with the rest of my team.

Part 3 - Savage & Strode & the Stealth Boat

That Stealth Boat has some pretty great protection - thankfully Green Arrow has his EMP arrows that he can use to shutdown the boat's controls thus making it immobile and useless with Savage & Strode stuck inside.

No Caption Provided

With the boat stopped my team will begin attacking it - Wildcat of course will stay on the cruise boat as he doesn't have much to offer in this battle.

The main thing I'd like to point out here is that my team has means of attacking you at a distance while Savage & Strode are going to have to leave the boat & make their way to the Cruise Ship in order to 'cut through my team like butter'.

BD will fly around the stealth boat & begin blasting it with his staff - GG is going to leap through the air and blast away at it with his powerful fire blasts.

Green Arrow is going to be looking through all of the explosions in order to track Strode & Savage if they try to escape - if they do he'll be blasting away at them with his electric arrows first - in an attempt to electrocute them, and then his cryogenic arrows in an attempt to freeze them.

Black Canary is capable of flight via her sonic scream & she'll fly overhead & use it on Strode & Savage if they try to swim away.

I'd say this would be a pretty good fight if Savage & Strode had the ability to fight at a distance - Savages TK is impressive but while he's under such a brutal attack from all directions & swimming through water in order to attempt escape I don't believe he'll have time to use it against the entirety of my team - plus the fact that my team isn't all concentrated in one area he can't really target all of them at once.

Part 4 - Maul; Maul

Maul is the last surviving member of your team at this point in time - he will have probably grabbed one of the treasures but since Jack is downed & killed the other treasure will still be on the boat.

If Maul has managed to grab both of them then he's going to have to wait for the chopper to come get him - the chopper that'll get shot down the moment that GG & BD get their eyes on it. With the chopper down Maul has no means of escape.

BD & GG will be reigning down from the skies with their fire blasts - GA will launch a medley of arrows at his target, trying to slow him down with some glue arrows.

BC's Canary Cry will disorient Maul & Wildcat is sort of a non factor in this fight as Maul could slice him up with his saber if he attempted to go in for H2H.

GA & Wildcat might die during this final battle but eventually Maul will fall due to the perfect teamwork of my team & their overall combined damage output.

END

I look forward to your response & hope this is a super fun debate :3

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Alright, I'll just start replying to your defence plan.

Part 1 - Arrival of Boba & Maul

If I'm reading your outline correctly you're having Boba carry Maul with him [ who is invisible ] to the boat as your first attack - Maul is going to be attempting to cause chaos on the boat making it a tad more difficult for my team to focus on everything going on.

The first move my team is going to be making is to prevent this - I'll admit that we won't be aware of Maul due to his invisibility but if we can stop Boba then we stall Maul from getting there at his intended time. Thankfully I have two incredibly powerful team members of mine ready to attack once they spot Boba flying through the skies; Blue Devil & Ultimate Green Goblin.

The first encounter becomes: Boba Fett w/Maul vs Blue Devil & Ultimate Green Goblin

One thing I'd like to point out before I go into this encounter is the fuel capacity of Boba's Mitrinomon Z-6 jetpack. I'm using Wookieepedia as a source here but it's generally quite reliable for popular Star Wars characters - it states that his jetpack has a fuel capacity to allow him to move in THREE 20 second bursts or ONE 1 minute flight.

This means that Boba is going to be relying on getting in & out of there as quickly as possible - throwing in a battle is seriously going to screw up his plans, especially if the two people attacking him plan on killing him.

I honestly don't think it's going to be that difficult. For one, I doubt your team will just let everything in their arsenal go at once like they're bloodlusted, for one guy with a Jetpack. Secondly, Boba can just throw Maul from something like 20-25 meters above the ship, and a bit away from it, because he has thrown much heavier opponents before, and also, Maul can manipulate gravity to soften his fall from heights of 30 meters without dying, and has casually tanked falls that would break an ordinary man's back. They do not need to get within a dangerous range for such a task. Boba just flies sort of near, launches Maul, and heads back in time to chill on the ship, while Maul glides through the air.

No Caption Provided

Maul survives a 30 meter (98 feet) fall through the lower depths of Coruscant. He uses Teras Kasi - which grants him full control over his body - to dodge obstacles on the way down that could kill him, and also uses the force to manipulate gravity and cushion the fall. Even though he had been propelled by a massive, vaporizing explosion, and was half-stunned, he was able to aim his descent without being killed.

DISCIPLINE. Discipline is all. It conquers pain. It conquers fear. Most important of all, it conquers failure. Discipline is what allowed Darth Maul to survive a thirty -meter fall into a pile of rubble and debris: the discipline of his teräs käsi fighting skills, which gave him complete control over his body, allowing him to utilize midair acrobatics to direct his fall and so avoid striking ornamental projections, ledges, and other potentially lethal obstructions; the discipline of the dark side, which let him manipulate gravity itself, slowing his descent enough to hit the ground without becoming a lifeless bag of broken bones and ruptured organs. Even half stunned by the unexpected explosion of his speeder bike, Maul was able to aim his falling body in such a way as to survive.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

The "back breaking" fall I'm referencing was during his TPM fight with Qui Gon and Obi Wan. It's stated in the novelization. If you want I can dig up the quote but I'm guessing you've watched the film.

Blue Devil is capable of flight & has displayed it on numerous occassions - Ultimate Green Goblin can leap INCREDIBLE lengths both vertically & horizontally.

BD is going to fly into the sky and begin blasting Boba with explosive blasts from his staff.

In the scans above he was able to create both small contained explosions & a rather large blast in that final scan - it's going to be slightly difficult for Boba to evade all of that while trying to get Maul to the ship; speaking of which, is he carrying Maul in his arms or is Maul holding onto his legs or something?

He would be holding Maul with his arms, so he could then launch him and let Maul's gravity manip take over.

I don't think that or anything else you've shown is anything Boba couldn't fly out of the way from, considering he's weaved around X-Wing gunfire.

No Caption Provided

Anyways - BD is going to try and distract Boba while he flies around - his target is going to be Boba but he wouldn't mind blasting the Jetpack off of him either.

While this is going on Ultimate Green Goblin is projecting fire blasts from the front of the boat - his target is also Boba - so Boba is going to be dodging attacks from BD & GG while trying to make it to the boat & while being dragged down by the weight of Maul [ his jetpack is a small personal jetpack - it's not THAT powerful ] so he won't be too hard of a target to blast out of the sky.

Like I said, all Boba has to do is launch Maul from a fair distance away and let him do his thing. I've already shown Boba launching Barkooda, who is much heavier than 170lb Maul, and his jetpack is pretty strong considering it carries all of Boba's armor and gear. I don't think there will be too much of a hiccup with my plan.

In the above scans (1 - 2) we see that GG's fire blasts are able to eat through the plasma field around those SHIELD attack choppers and eventually cause them to explode. Scans (3 - 4) show him creating a pretty large explosion while he flies through the air - his targets are the SHIELD Hulkbusting unit & Ultimate Spiderman.

I know Boba has Durasteel which is able to resist extreme temperatures of both heat & cold but the concussive blasts from BD & GG should damage his jet pack & send him off course - or at least distract him. If Fett isn't downed at this point in time and he gets close enough to the boat [ his MO ] then GG is going to leap through the sky and grab the Mandalorian Bounty Hunter.

I don't see how they're going to even hit Boba seeing as he obviously has a very high level of reflexes, but your team members at the front of the ship have few marksmanship feats to compensate. Not to mention X-Wing Fire > Fire blast in speed.

GG doesn't have to hold on for long at all - his main objective is to grab Boba & toss him into the ground; thus ending his flight and his attempted attack on the boat.

Maul is probably going to get tossed off of Boba during this - either because he wants to continue towards the boat on foot or just due to Boba needing to maneuver better.

Once Boba is downed GG is going to continue his attack and jump onto him - starting the assault with a ground pound and then just smashing Fett's face in over and over and over - Fett should be incredibly disoriented due to the rapid change in paths [ from being tossed through the air ] so he'll be dazed once GG goes to finish him. Fett's armor is tough - but GG is tougher than Durasteel - all those punches are going to end with Boba left lifeless and bloodied on the ground.

In the above scans (1 - 3) we see GG survive an INCREDIBLY large free fall - he just bounces away upon landing & SHIELD can't even located him. Scan 4 shows his crater-creating ground pound attack, which is what he's going to attack Boba with once he hits the ground. Scans (5 - 7) show his battle with Hobgoblin who has similar strength levels - GG just let loose with a flurry of punches and killed him no problem.

At this point in time GG & BD will be making their way back to the boat to resume their defense objective. Maul will be displaced from his original objective but will not be engaged [ unless you want Maul to go up against GG & BD ] as he is invisible so GG & BD won't know he was there.

Again, this relies on the concept of Boba hanging around for a convenient amount of time, which he isn't going to.

If GG got his hands on Boba, or even got near Boba, he'd eat a jetpack missile or succumb to a sonic detonator.

So yeah.. considering all of that, I think it's safe to say Maul's plan of causing havok will go off without a hitch. And you're yet to address how the entire boat's worth of civilians trying to evacuate and panicking won't hinder your team, so I'm assuming you've just accepted it?

Part 2 - The Arrival of Jango & Jack

The same thing is going to happen to your next wave of attackers - Jango & Jack. Thankfully for GG & BD we can actually see Jack & his speed isn't as useful while he's being carried through the air - if Jango tries to drop him then GG will grab him and begin beating the everliving crap out of him.

BD will be attacking Jango's jet pack - which has the same abilities as Boba's IIRC - and as we saw in Clone Wars it isn't the most sturdy or reliable piece of equipment.

You haven't accounted for the fact the entire cruiser is in chaos at this point because of Maul using mind tricks on anyone with a bit of authority or access to something that can blow up. Maul has engineered an engine to blow up on a starship in a random encounter, just because he wanted to cover his tracks. I'm sure he can blow up a couple microwaves, toasters, start a fire, force an evacuation and more.

Jango really only has to drop off Jack in a chaotic environment your team is struggling to cope with, shoot GG with a jetpack missile then head back to the boat.

I don't think the sturdyness of his jetpack matters too much, but I will say that the movies do undersell the impacts they can injure quite a lot.

As far as BD's dodging skills go for an aerial battle - he was able to dodge lightning attacks from Black Lightning.

He should be able to go head to head with Jango while GG wraps himself around Jack and lights himself on fire - thus burning away Jack's skin as the two of them fall to the ground. I know Jack has some insane durability - but so does GG. Green Goblin will continue to punch through Jack, creating hole after hole in him, until nothing is left of Jack.

This is implying that Blue Devil's priority list has "follow random guy with Jetpack who is leaving the area back to where he came from, which has more armored guys that somehow caused a complete riot on the cruiser" over the actual objective. And that suits me. Because Jango can just lead Blue Devil back to the likes of Boba and Savage who can blast him or rip him out the sky with the Force. The whole point of the Fett's is to get Maul and Jack near the boat then p*ss off :p They don't need to stick around.

Jack's speed shouldn't be a problem since he'll be grabbed from midair by GG while Jango flies him towards the boat - also the fact that GG was able to grab Spiderman in mid air even while Spiderman's spider sense warned him of the attack.

Jango will be distracted by Blue Devil long enough for GG to deal with Jack & then assist Blue Devil in his battle with Jango.

Once those two are dispatched of both BD and GG will make their way back to the boat to meet with the rest of my team.

Jacks speed will be a problem because he will in fact be making it to the ship, since he would only need to be thrown by the momentum of Jango's speed and strength in order to make it onto the chaos-enduced ship your team is guarding. Also.. if Green Goblin had leaped into the air to catch Boba at what you call "massive distances", would he not be going for a swim, or at least making his way back up to the ship, by the time Jango got there? Because his leap isn't going to reach Boba who has outraced X-Wing fire. And even if it did it wouldn't prevent Jango from avoiding the soggy Goblin who isn't even on the ship.

So right now I see Maul on the ship, with Boba heading back with no real trouble. Then Jango getting an opportunity to drop off Jack while Green Goblin comes back from his swim. Blue Devil can follow Jango if he wants but he'll only be meeting Savage Opress, who can snap his neck using the Force.

Part 3 - Savage & Strode & the Stealth Boat

That Stealth Boat has some pretty great protection - thankfully Green Arrow has his EMP arrows that he can use to shutdown the boat's controls thus making it immobile and useless with Savage & Strode stuck inside.

Doubt it.

No Caption Provided

If Maul can trust Savage to stop a knife inches from his face, I'm sure Savage can catch a couple of arrows and drop them in the water. Also, if you're questioning the range of Savage's TK lifting abilities I can post a scan of him holding a person from about.. 150 yards away mid air. I'm hoping however you just take my word for it since I can't be bothered digging up the scan :p

Savage can just stop the arrows with TK.

With the boat stopped my team will begin attacking it - Wildcat of course will stay on the cruise boat as he doesn't have much to offer in this battle.

The main thing I'd like to point out here is that my team has means of attacking you at a distance while Savage & Strode are going to have to leave the boat & make their way to the Cruise Ship in order to 'cut through my team like butter'.

This plan is reliant on

• The Fett's not achieving their task of dropping off my teams runners, which in turn allows Maul to throw this entire ship into chaos which hinders your teams combat abilities
  • The ship being stopped by EMP grenades which may not even penetrate it's armor, nevermind the fact Savage can just catch the arrows with TK, or even throw them back at your team, which could ruin any of their electronic technology

So.. I think you'll need to adjust your argument in accordance with how my team deals with your defences.

BD will fly around the stealth boat & begin blasting it with his staff - GG is going to leap through the air and blast away at it with his powerful fire blasts.

Green Arrow is going to be looking through all of the explosions in order to track Strode & Savage if they try to escape - if they do he'll be blasting away at them with his electric arrows first - in an attempt to electrocute them, and then his cryogenic arrows in an attempt to freeze them.

Black Canary is capable of flight via her sonic scream & she'll fly overhead & use it on Strode & Savage if they try to swim away.

Blue Devil was following Jango, remember? Doesn't he get killed by Savage earlier on because he chose to follow Fett back to my team?

How do your guys fair against Luther and Savage once they are on the ship, since the boat isn't being stopped by EMPs?

I'd say this would be a pretty good fight if Savage & Strode had the ability to fight at a distance - Savages TK is impressive but while he's under such a brutal attack from all directions & swimming through water in order to attempt escape I don't believe he'll have time to use it against the entirety of my team - plus the fact that my team isn't all concentrated in one area he can't really target all of them at once.

Or, alternatively, Savage makes his way onto the ship and begins launching your team members off into the ocean like the non-factors they are:

That cell was made from Mandalorian Iron, which as you know, is a nigh-indestructible material that can resist lightsabers
That cell was made from Mandalorian Iron, which as you know, is a nigh-indestructible material that can resist lightsabers
No Caption Provided

And you know who Luther Strode is.. speedblizt fTw brah.

Part 4 - Maul; Maul

Maul is the last surviving member of your team at this point in time - he will have probably grabbed one of the treasures but since Jack is downed & killed the other treasure will still be on the boat.

If Maul has managed to grab both of them then he's going to have to wait for the chopper to come get him - the chopper that'll get shot down the moment that GG & BD get their eyes on it. With the chopper down Maul has no means of escape.

BD & GG will be reigning down from the skies with their fire blasts - GA will launch a medley of arrows at his target, trying to slow him down with some glue arrows.

BC's Canary Cry will disorient Maul & Wildcat is sort of a non factor in this fight as Maul could slice him up with his saber if he attempted to go in for H2H.

GA & Wildcat might die during this final battle but eventually Maul will fall due to the perfect teamwork of my team & their overall combined damage output.

Here's my version.

• Boba launches Maul onto the ship, while invisible, from 25 meters above the ship, and a fair distance away from it through his personal strength and the momentum of his speed. He then maybe launches a missile or something if he has to and leaves, without too much bother. Maul then proceeds to incite a complete riot with evacuations, kitchen explosions and anything else he can think of, like he has done before with his mind tricks. As his master told him - "What is done in secret has great power, Maul. When you brandish your weapon to a warrior you reveal your intent. The way of the Sith is to remain in the shadows"
  • Once the ship is in chaos Maul will already be using his 70mph sprint speed to retrieve and run back with the goodies. By this time Jango will have dropped Jack, who will speedblitz through the chaos and past your team to get the second set of goodies. This will go off unhitched because as you said, GG will have leaped into the water trying to catch Boba who has the reflexes to dodge him, and Jango can fire his blaster while retreating from Blue Devil. If Blue Devil follows him he will meet Savage who will subsequently crush his throat like he often does to those he considers non-factors, i.e non-force sensitives.
  • Green Arrow and the rest of them will be very caught up in the madness induced on the boat, and should be more preoccupied with defending the jewels than anything else. But since Green Arrow and the others are relying on EMPing a boat with arrows Savage can catch with TK and throw away, they will have wasted their time. Savage can then, even from the boat, begin launching them into the ocean or crushing their throats. And even if it didn't come down to that, Savage and Luther can very much deal with them when they get on the boat, even GG who isn't immune to a lightsaber, and an opponent of Savage's speed level.
  • Maul and/or Jack can bring the treasures back to the boat. From there they can just join the fighting while one of the Fetts take the treasure back on the boat. This is not good for your team at all because them being killed by my, IMO, much stronger team, is a way for me to ensure victory, and likely would happen.

Honestly.. it's not even hard for me to debate with such a powerful team that is heading into the mid-tier range. I think you might have gotten unlucky with your picks, but nonetheless, I've seen people win harder debates, so I look forward to your reply, bro.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: @thetruebarryallen:

Alright, I'm going to read these posts later. I need to do some of my own tourney & CAV work, like Solider Zero vs Darth Maul LOL. :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TTBA Battle Post - 002

Alright - I'm still not convinced that your team has what it takes to even break my defenses, I'll counter your points & explain why.

I honestly don't think it's going to be that difficult. For one, I doubt your team will just let everything in their arsenal go at once like they're bloodlusted, for one guy with a Jetpack. Secondly, Boba can just throw Maul from something like 20-25 meters above the ship, and a bit away from it, because he has thrown much heavier opponents before, and also, Maul can manipulate gravity to soften his fall from heights of 30 meters without dying, and has casually tanked falls that would break an ordinary man's back. They do not need to get within a dangerous range for such a task. Boba just flies sort of near, launches Maul, and heads back in time to chill on the ship, while Maul glides through the air.

1. My team is not telling everything in their arsenal go at once - I'm having 2 of my 5 team members attack the armored foe in a jetpack flying towards the boat [ the one my team is protecting ] with his arms adjusted in such a way that it appears as if he's holding something.

2.) You mention my team acting as if they're 'bloodlusted'. Every single fight that Ultimate GG is in has him throwing his all into each and every fight - he's a massive brute who loves to fight. Blue Devil isn't really doing anything that could be considered 'bloodlusted' though - he's just flying through the skies trying to knock Boba out of the sky with one of his explosive blasts from his magical trident.

3.) Boba has to get within 20 - 25 meters above the ship to do such a thing - he isn't. He is going to be moving slower than usual due to the fact that he's carrying another person, his jetpack is made for a SINGLE user - it's not like it's a transport speeder or anything of that nature. Boba is also going against some incredibly deadly foes without being able to attack them as his hands are full with Maul, he might be able to launch a missile but Blue Devil has flame resistance due to his demon physiology & Ultimate GG uses flame based attacks.

4.) If you're questioning Ultimate GG's ability to leap & grab Boba while he's trying to dodge Blue Devil then let me show you more.

Scans (1 - 2) show Ultimate GG leaping from the bottom of the ocean floor into the air high enough to blast two SHIELD Helicopters with Plasma Shields. Scans (3 - 4) show Ultimate GG leaping from the ground ONTO the SHIELD Helicarrier.

I already posted the scans in my first post where Ultimate GG leaps THROUGH a building, grabs Spiderman [ who knew the attack was coming due to his Spider Sense but still couldn't evade it ] and then tosses him towards the ground at an incredible speed.

I have no doubts that the Mandalorian who has his arms full trying to escort Maul to the boat is going to be grabbed & defeated by the tag team of Ultimate GG & Blue Devil - especially with their perfect teamwork due to the perk.

Lastly - you brought up Boba trying to throw Maul onto the ship because he's thrown heavy targets before - the awkward way in which Boba is flying with Maul combined with the fact that he has no footing to really 'brace' himself with really impacts his strength and how he can effectively throw a target. The scan you showed had him on the ground - with nice, planted feet - and a technique that wouldn't transfer nearly as well into this situation.

Maul survives a 30 meter (98 feet) fall through the lower depths of Coruscant. He uses Teras Kasi - which grants him full control over his body - to dodge obstacles on the way down that could kill him, and also uses the force to manipulate gravity and cushion the fall. Even though he had been propelled by a massive, vaporizing explosion, and was half-stunned, he was able to aim his descent without being killed.

Okay - he survives a 30 meter fall - if he's dropped the moment that Ultimate GG is slamming into Boba then he's going to be falling a lot more than 30 meters. I already posted the scans of how incredibly high Ultimate GG can leap & his momentum is going to bring the duo even higher into the air before he begins their freefall descent into the ground pound.

I already posted the Ultimate GG freefall scans that show him surviving falls MUCH farther than 30 meters - as he was above skyscrapers when him & Spiderman were falling.

The "back breaking" fall I'm referencing was during his TPM fight with Qui Gon and Obi Wan. It's stated in the novelization. If you want I can dig up the quote but I'm guessing you've watched the film.

If Maul is let go before Ultimate GG enters the fray then I do believe that he will survive the fall - if he isn't then he gets brought up higher than just a silly 'back breaking fall' before being dropped down to Earth.

He would be holding Maul with his arms, so he could then launch him and let Maul's gravity manip take over.

Both Boba's arms are now out of the fight - he's trying to awkward carry Maul to the ship. Bad move.

I don't think that or anything else you've shown is anything Boba couldn't fly out of the way from, considering he's weaved around X-Wing gunfire.

That would be impressive - but unfortunately I've got to point something out that'll really ruin the impressiveness of that scan. If Ultimate GG & Blue Devil were the names of large ships designed to combat other large ships in combat then it's be applicable - but Boba is such a small target for those large anti-vehicle space ships that it's useless for them to even TRY to hit him.

If you've ever seen a battle on here like Pacific Rim Mechs vs Iron Man then you'll see what I mean - people typically say that Iron Man wins even though the Mechs are more powerful in terms of damage output because the Mechs aren't designed to hit such small targets.

X-Wings are good against other ships like Y-Wings & Tie Fighters - they are not designed to be anti-infantry ships.

Like I said, all Boba has to do is launch Maul from a fair distance away and let him do his thing. I've already shown Boba launching Barkooda, who is much heavier than 170lb Maul, and his jetpack is pretty strong considering it carries all of Boba's armor and gear. I don't think there will be too much of a hiccup with my plan.

He's trying to awkward throw him while flying & avoiding two skilled combatants - one who is weaving around him trying to blast him with explosive fire and another who is leaping AT him while launching energy blasts.

You showed Boba throwing Barkooda while his legs were planted firmly on the ground & he had braced himself for the throw - you didn't show him carrying an entire man and then throwing him while flying through the skies as he's evading heavy fire.

I think your plan is incredibly hiccuped - though it was well formatted.

I don't see how they're going to even hit Boba seeing as he obviously has a very high level of reflexes, but your team members at the front of the ship have few marksmanship feats to compensate. Not to mention X-Wing Fire > Fire blast in speed.

Boba has pretty great reflexes & I won't deny that - heck, I love Boba, and I'll admit that Blue Devil doesn't really have any truly amazing marksmanship feats but if you look back at my post you'll see that Blue Devil's means of attacking don't need 100% perfect accuracy.

Blue Devil is using AOE attacks - large explosions to try and throw Boba off a little bit. Blue Devil is in the air and doesn't have to worry about harming any citizens in the process either, so he'll be letting those explosives rip.

Ultimate GG has been able to encase entire Helicopters in flame while he flies through the sky - so he's got a rather large attack. Combine this with the fact that his one major foe is Spiderman who is known for being incredibly agile & able to dodge due to his precog ability known as Spider Sense and it makes Ultimate GG even more impressive.

X-Wing Fire is a small precise bolt - my team is using incredibly large explosive blats, much different.

Again, this relies on the concept of Boba hanging around for a convenient amount of time, which he isn't going to.

No - it relies on the concept of Boba attempting to get Maul onto the ship, which he's doing & you can't really change your entire plan to prevent this.

If GG got his hands on Boba, or even got near Boba, he'd eat a jetpack missile or succumb to a sonic detonator.

Oh no - jetpack missiles that use explosives in order to damage their target - my weakness!

Unfortunately for Boba & his little missile Ultimate GG has the feat of completely resisting & absorbing the infinitely more powerful energy blasts of Ultimate Human Torch. The fire & blast produced by that missile is pretty powerful, but is completely useless against Ultimate GG.

The sonic detonator will be a pain in the ears for a little bit, if Boba can even reach it in time - but isn't an end all be all by any means. In fact it'd probably just give Ultimate GG more of a reason to kill the Bounty Hunter as he's trigger an incredibly annoying noise.

So yeah.. considering all of that, I think it's safe to say Maul's plan of causing havok will go off without a hitch. And you're yet to address how the entire boat's worth of civilians trying to evacuate and panicking won't hinder your team, so I'm assuming you've just accepted it?

It's not anywhere close to going off without a hitch - I'll address the boat's worth of civilians soon.

MY VERDICT - Boba is spotted when he tries to fly through the empty sky towards our defense target. Unfortunately for the Bounty Hunter he has his hands full while carrying Darth Maul - which will also slow him down a tad due to the fact that his jet pack is made for a single user. Due to the awkward way that he's carrying Maul he won't be able to effectively toss him the distances your claiming - and Ultimate GG's leaping distance is much larger than the distance that Boba will have to be in order to get Maul onto the ship. Blue Devil will be able to annoy Boba with his explosive blasts and Ultimate GG's speed & skill will allow him to rip the Mandalorian out of the air and smash him into the ground where he will proceed to ground pound him over and over until his body is limp and Boba is dead. Maul may possibly escape if he is dropped before Ultimate GG crashes into them, if not then he'll be severely hurt but might still escape towards the boat.

You haven't accounted for the fact the entire cruiser is in chaos at this point because of Maul using mind tricks on anyone with a bit of authority or access to something that can blow up. Maul has engineered an engine to blow up on a starship in a random encounter, just because he wanted to cover his tracks. I'm sure he can blow up a couple microwaves, toasters, start a fire, force an evacuation and more.

Maul has to make it to the cruiser in order to cause chaos - something that has been effectively delayed by Blue Devil & Ultimate GG. If Maul forces an evacuation then it is not my teams job to make sure the evacuation goes well. There are protocols on cruise ships for evacuations.

The one job of my team is to protect the cargo on the ship - we are not ordered to protect the people. If we look at the rules here's what Lukehero said about the passengers - Try not to kill them if you can

So we won't - my team is positioned in areas that allow them to oversee the entire boat. We know that our abilities are more effective at a distance and none of my team is truly interested in close quarters combat among all the passengers. We're just there to prevent people from getting onto the boat that don't belong - and if they do - then we stop them when they try to escape.

Jango really only has to drop off Jack in a chaotic environment your team is struggling to cope with, shoot GG with a jetpack missile then head back to the boat.

1.) The chaotic environment will be delayed.

2.) A man flying in with a jetpack similar to the one who just attempted to get on the boat is incredibly suspicious and stands out.

3.) A jetpack missile isn't doing anything to Ultimate GG.

Everything regarding the delay of Jango & Jack - leading to their death - still stands.

I don't think the sturdyness of his jetpack matters too much, but I will say that the movies do undersell the impacts they can injure quite a lot.

Considering the fact that a malfunctioning jetpack led to Jango's death I'd say the sturdiness matters - I haven't seen anything in the comics or movies that display the durability of this tool you're relying on to escort Boba, Jango, Jack, and Maul with.

This is implying that Blue Devil's priority list has "follow random guy with Jetpack who is leaving the area back to where he came from, which has more armored guys that somehow caused a complete riot on the cruiser" over the actual objective. And that suits me. Because Jango can just lead Blue Devil back to the likes of Boba and Savage who can blast him or rip him out the sky with the Force. The whole point of the Fett's is to get Maul and Jack near the boat then p*ss off :p They don't need to stick around.

No - it's implying that Blue Devil's priority list has "prevent the suspicious man with a jetpack who is flying at the ship I'm designated to protect while he's holding another suspicious man" over worrying about standing directly next to the targets he has to protect.

Blue Devil is 1 person on a team of 5 people - his goal is to prevent you from getting that treasure, and it seems to me that disabling the men with jetpacks who have attempted to bring hostile targets onto the ship is a pretty fair objective for a defender to partake in.

Jango isn't leading Blue Devil back to Boba [ because he's dead ] or Savage - who is currently in the stealth boat headed towards my ship where he will be assaulted by Black Canary & Green Arrow - and eventually Blue Devil & Ultimate GG since it won't take them long at all to deal with Jango & Jack.

The point of the Fett's is NOT to get Maul & Jack near the boat and then leave - you stated that they would be hovering above the ship after they dropped off their targets in order to throw off my team even more - it makes sense that my team is trying to kill them at this point in time.

Jacks speed will be a problem because he will in fact be making it to the ship, since he would only need to be thrown by the momentum of Jango's speed and strength in order to make it onto the chaos-enduced ship your team is guarding. Also.. if Green Goblin had leaped into the air to catch Boba at what you call "massive distances", would he not be going for a swim, or at least making his way back up to the ship, by the time Jango got there? Because his leap isn't going to reach Boba who has outraced X-Wing fire. And even if it did it wouldn't prevent Jango from avoiding the soggy Goblin who isn't even on the ship.

1.) Jack is not making it to the ship - nor does Jack have the gravity manipulation that aided Maul in his fall. Jango is carrying Jack in the same awkward fashion as before which is NOT effective for tossing someone 25 meters - even with the momentum of Jango.

2.) My team doesn't care about the people on the ship freaking out - we have the goal of preventing your team from stealing the treasures. A man with a jetpack carrying another man towards our ship at high speeds is INCREDIBLY suspicious and we're not just going to sit around making sure that everyone gets off the ship before engaging. Blue Devil & Green Goblin can play the Aerial game while Green Arrow & Black Canary use their positioning advantage to continue looking out for any more members of your team attacking our treausre.

3.) I showed a scan of Ultimate GG leaping from the bottom of the ocean into the air to destroy two Helicopters - he can resist the water pressure and fly through the air with ease - he also jumped ONTO the SHIELD Helicarrier. He won't have a problem grabbing Jango on his return run from killing his son.

4.) How long do you think it's taking Ultimate GG to kill Boba? It took him 3 punches to put down Ultimate Hob Goblin who was much more durable than Boba - 3 punches don't take that long to produce.

5.) He flew into the X-Wing fire - the ships would've then had to turn around & begin chasing him down again. I'm assuming that X-Wing's don't turn with much finesse, at least not well enough to do a complete 180 the moment that Boba passed them. The blasts then followed Boba down and made impact on the ground pretty much the same time he did.

6.) Wookiepedia states that the jetpack that both Fett's are using allow the user either 1 minute of continuous flight or twenty 3 second bursts. The bursts can move the wearer 100 meters which means 33.3 m/s or a speed of 108 feet per second which is impressive in the real world but not as impressive when dealing with comic characters. Considering that the athlete Usain Bolt was able to run 100 meters in 9.8 seconds and he's a peak human with no technological enhancements really shows that Fett's jetpack isn't all that fast. He is definitely getting tagged by someone who was able to tag Spiderman.

So right now I see Maul on the ship, with Boba heading back with no real trouble. Then Jango getting an opportunity to drop off Jack while Green Goblin comes back from his swim. Blue Devil can follow Jango if he wants but he'll only be meeting Savage Opress, who can snap his neck using the Force.

Sorry, but nope.

Maul will get to the ship after being delayed due to the attack by BD & Ultimate GG. Boba get's killed by Ultimate GG after he's ripped from the sky & slammed into the ground where he is then punched repetitively until he's killed. BD has gone back to defend the boat once he sees that Ultimate GG is manhandling Boba - allowing him to begin his attack on Jango when he spots the bounty hunter; who is the only thing flying through the sky heading towards the boat we were designated to protect. Ultimate GG comes from below & rips Jack from Jango's hands - Ultimate GG wasn't miles away from the boat - he literally leapt once, grabbed Boba, and fell downward. Jack is torn apart & lit aflame in no time, Ultimate GG can handle whatever he throws at him - though I doubt Jack is even going to get the chance to attack as GG's assault is so sudden.

Savage & Strode are on the Stealth Boat headed towards my team like outlined in your plan.

Ultimate GG then aids Blue Devil in bringing down Jango - in the same manner that he took down Boba.

If Maul can trust Savage to stop a knife inches from his face, I'm sure Savage can catch a couple of arrows and drop them in the water. Also, if you're questioning the range of Savage's TK lifting abilities I can post a scan of him holding a person from about.. 150 yards away mid air. I'm hoping however you just take my word for it since I can't be bothered digging up the scan :p

Alright - I bet Savage can stop some arrows - so your stealth boat gets even closer to the Cruise Ship. Black Canary can still fly around the boat [ propelled by her sonic scream ] and begin blasting it apart. This distraction gives Green Arrow time to EMP it to completely stop it in it's tracks. BC's sonics will disorient Savage - making it harder for him to focus his force abilities [ though all I've seen him do is toss some people aside which is really lack luster ] and allowing Green Arrow to reign down on the ship with all of his trick arrows.

While this is going on Blue Devil & Ultimate GG return from killing 3 of your team members & begin assisting my team in bringing down your stealth boat - thus ruining Mauls escape as you wrote that he was going to jump in the boat after Savage & Strode got onto the boat to distract my team.

Luther Strode is useless while he's on that stealth boat - he doesn't have any range to do anything to my team. The explosive blasts from Ultimate GG would be enough to tear through the ships armor - Black Canary's sonics should do the same as she's blown up an Amazo with them. Adding Blue Devil to the mix just makes it overkill - and Ollie's trick arrows are just for fun.

Now you've got Maul who is trying to get off the boat with the treasure without any means of escape & no team to help him.

This plan is reliant on

The Fett's not achieving their task of dropping off my teams runners, which in turn allows Maul to throw this entire ship into chaos which hinders your teams combat abilities.

Maul MIGHT survive & make it to the ship - Boba, Jango, and Jack die. My team is at a vantage point on the ship where the boat chaos below them means nothing & won't interfere with their abilities.

The ship being stopped by EMP grenades which may not even penetrate it's armor, nevermind the fact Savage can just catch the arrows with TK, or even throw them back at your team, which could ruin any of their electronic technology

Your ship is also being blasted by Blue Devil, Ultimate Green Goblin, and Black Canary. It's armor is going to be destroyed. Savage can catch the arrows & send them back - Black Canary with just destroy them as she's flying around with her full blown Canary Cry - easily destroyed bullets in mid air.

No Caption Provided

So.. I think you'll need to adjust your argument in accordance with how my team deals with your defences.

Your team won't be dealing with my defenses in an effective way & you can't just go back and completely re-write your attack plan.

Blue Devil was following Jango, remember? Doesn't he get killed by Savage earlier on because he chose to follow Fett back to my team?

No - Savage & Strode are in the Stealth Boat on the way to the main cruise line in order to leave the boat for Maul. Blue Devil is having an aerial battle with Jango - which CAN'T last more than a minute because Jango's pack doesn't hold enough fuel to give longer flight times, his flight time is already reduced from the fuel he wasted trying to get Jack onto the ship.

I think you keep forgetting that the jetpacks don't have infinite fuel.

How do your guys fair against Luther and Savage once they are on the ship, since the boat isn't being stopped by EMPs?

The boat is being stopped by Canary's cry - at least she distracts Luther and Savage long enough [ Luther is a non factor while on the boat as he has no range ] for Green Arrow to get an arrow onto the ship. Savage's TK feats haven't been really all that impressive to me - sure, he's tossed people aside and stopped a knife in mid air - but when he's being blasted away by the Canary Cry he's going to find it hard to focus any of his force abiltiies - allowing GA to EMP the boat.

If for some reason GA never gets a shot then the boat still has to get past Blue Devil & Ult GG when they join the fray - it's not like dealing with Jango or Jack is going to prove difficult given the situation of their battle. Ult GG can easily leap the length of the Cruise Ship & Blue Devil can fly over it while blasting at the small boat racing towards our objective.

If Luther and Savage DO somehow get on the boat then Savage is going to fight Black Canary, Blue Devil, and Ultimate Green Goblin while Luther goes against Green Arrow & Wildcat.

Luther's first reaction will most likely be to try and dodge the arrows - a difficult task while going against Wildcat who has also dodged automatic weaponry at point blank ranges.

Scans (1 - 4) show him evading automatic fire at point blank ranges - easily dancing & flipping around the bullets. Scans (5 - 6) show him evading ray gun fire - faster than normal bullets. Scans (7 - 11) show him evading close range LMG fire from Hawkman - then jumping through the air & headbutting him to bring him down for the KO; impressive.

With GA aiding Wildcat Luther is going to have to try to avoid the arrows - and Luther's durability would generally allow him to tank arrows, something that will lead to his downfall if he tries to catch them in his muscles as Ollie's arrows are Trick Arrows. If he catches an electric arrow then his muscles are going to get quite a shock, if he catches a glue arrow then he'll be made immobile, if he catches an explosive arrow then KA-BOOM, if he catches a cryogenic arrow he becomes a Strodesicle.

I assume you get the picture - if you need scans of any of these arrows then let me know, but they have taken down Superhuman targets before.

Ollie can also aid Wildcat in H2H if it comes down to it [ it won't ] as he was able to cleverly bring down Solomon Grundy on his own.

Solomon Grundy > Luther Strode

Green Arrow + Wildcat > Luther Strode

Savage Opress will be a more difficult foe in combat - which is why I have my heavy hitters going after him. Blue Devil's fire blasts will prove handy & his skill with his magical trident is key; as Light Sabers don't cut through magical items due to due the rules of this tournament.

Black Canary's Canary Cry will be good to disorient Savage & throw him off his game - allowing for Ultimate GG to blast away at him and possibly go in for some punches if Savage get's disarmed.

Once GA & Wildcat are done mopping the floor with Stode then they too would come to help the team remove Savage from the playing field, leaving only Maul to get the rest of the job done.

Or, alternatively, Savage makes his way onto the ship and begins launching your team members off into the ocean like the non-factors they are

He's tossed some people aside - it honestly doesn't seem that impressive to me. The only one this would truly hinder is Wildcat - or it WOULD hinder him if he didn't have the Utility Belt for this battle, he can easily use the Bat-Claw to get back on the boat if he falls into the water.

Canary, BD, and Ult GG can all recover easily - BD and Canary can fly. Oliver Queen can fire arrows while getting blasted off the ship, and then BD can just help him back onto the ship if he does go into the water.

ALSO - looking at the gif you posted of Savage 'breaking the Mandalorian Iron Cell' all he did was break the glass - which isn't made of Mandalorian Iron, cool - he broke glass.

Here's my version.

I'm excited.

Boba launches Maul onto the ship, while invisible, from 25 meters above the ship, and a fair distance away from it through his personal strength and the momentum of his speed. He then maybe launches a missile or something if he has to and leaves, without too much bother. Maul then proceeds to incite a complete riot with evacuations, kitchen explosions and anything else he can think of, like he has done before with his mind tricks. As his master told him - "What is done in secret has great power, Maul. When you brandish your weapon to a warrior you reveal your intent. The way of the Sith is to remain in the shadows"

Boba doesn't get the chance to get that close & I've explained this in my post - you're changing your plan when you have Boba leave as you claimed he would help lay down fire from above while Savage & Strode attacked my team.

The two members of my team attacking Boba are resistant to his missile - it's a useless attack.

Boba can't fight off Blue Devil [ who regularly combats magic demons & magic ] and Ultimate Green Goblin [ who goes up against entire squads of Hulkbusting SHIELD Teams while they work alongside heroes such as Spiderman ] and hope to survive - this also prevents Maul from getting on to the ship as quickly as you had hoped.

Once the ship is in chaos Maul will already be using his 70mph sprint speed to retrieve and run back with the goodies. By this time Jango will have dropped Jack, who will speedblitz through the chaos and past your team to get the second set of goodies. This will go off unhitched because as you said, GG will have leaped into the water trying to catch Boba who has the reflexes to dodge him, and Jango can fire his blaster while retreating from Blue Devil. If Blue Devil follows him he will meet Savage who will subsequently crush his throat like he often does to those he considers non-factors, i.e non-force sensitives.

Ship being in chaos has no impact on my team - we don't care about the passengers we care about the treasure. Our goal is to make sure people don't enter the boat or leave the boat with it, and if they do, we make sure they get killed or incapped before they get too far with it.

Jango & Jack suffer death at the hands of Blue Devil & Ultimate Green Goblin - Jack is such a non-factor in this because you've disabled him by having him as a passenger of Jango - Jack has no way to attack from a distance and his speed doesn't matter when he's getting torn from the skies.

You're changing your plan when you say that Jango flies into Savage as Savage & Strode have been in the Stealth Boat on their way to the Cruise Ship & the Fett's were supposed to stay & give suppressing fire in an attempt to add to the chaos - if they both weren't dead at this point.

You also said that Maul would be grabbing the treasure & then getting away on the escape boat - which hasn't arrive at this point in time.

Green Arrow and the rest of them will be very caught up in the madness induced on the boat, and should be more preoccupied with defending the jewels than anything else. But since Green Arrow and the others are relying on EMPing a boat with arrows Savage can catch with TK and throw away, they will have wasted their time. Savage can then, even from the boat, begin launching them into the ocean or crushing their throats. And even if it didn't come down to that, Savage and Luther can very much deal with them when they get on the boat, even GG who isn't immune to a lightsaber, and an opponent of Savage's speed level.

Green Arrow & the rest of my team are on a vantage point on the highest part of the boat away from the passengers - we don't care that they are in chaos we're just making sure foreign parties don't enter the ship.

My team does not rely on stopping the boat via EMP - it can easily be destroyed or damaged to the point of non-function by a full blown Canary Cry or with Ult. GG's Energy Projection; which was strong enough to blast through the plasma shields of a SHIELD attack chopper. Firing a single arrow doesn't take much time - Green Arrow can fire 39 in a minute, which is 1.53 arrows per second, that's not much time wasted.

Savage's TK is being vastly overrated in this fight from the showings you've been presenting to me - he's force pushed some groups of nameless fodder.

Luther is easily going down at the hands of GA & Wildcat - Canary's shout can disorient Savage while Ult GG & BD reign down with their hellfire - BD won't like Savage much at all considering he looks like a demon, and Blue Devil HATES demons. Also - BD's Trident is lightsaber resistant due to it being a magical artifact.

I don't have to worry about this; however, as your plan won't work - Savage & Strode don't even get to the boat & Maul loses his original escape plan.

Maul and/or Jack can bring the treasures back to the boat. From there they can just join the fighting while one of the Fetts take the treasure back on the boat. This is not good for your team at all because them being killed by my, IMO, much stronger team, is a way for me to ensure victory, and likely would happen.

Jack is dead - Maul is going to have to race ALL of the treasure back by himself on foot due to the boat being gone. The Fett's are dead so they can't bring the treasure back to the boat.

I'm glad you have faith & confidence in your team - as you should since you've picked them. I - however - believe that I've used my team to their upmost potential and utilized every aspect of their abilities to the fullest.

Honestly.. it's not even hard for me to debate with such a powerful team that is heading into the mid-tier range. I think you might have gotten unlucky with your picks, but nonetheless, I've seen people win harder debates, so I look forward to your reply, bro.

Well, I'm glad you believe that you can debate well with the team that you picked - confidence is lovely. Your team may be more powerful in some aspects but I've effectively countered it and shown why my team would best yours in combat.

Black Canary, Blue Devil, and Ultimate Green Goblin are all pretty much Mid Tier IMOH - I didn't get unlucky with my picks as I was one of the first people to pick their teams. I picked some characters that we never see used all that much; heck I think Green Arrow is my most popular character - but I've gone and displayed why they're wonderful combatants.

Hope you enjoy my reply - it's been a good debate thus far. If things keep going like they're going I'll be ready to open up for voting soon.

@i_like_swords here it is :3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen:

1. My team is not telling everything in their arsenal go at once - I'm having 2 of my 5 team members attack the armored foe in a jetpack flying towards the boat [ the one my team is protecting ] with his arms adjusted in such a way that it appears as if he's holding something.

2.) You mention my team acting as if they're 'bloodlusted'. Every single fight that Ultimate GG is in has him throwing his all into each and every fight - he's a massive brute who loves to fight. Blue Devil isn't really doing anything that could be considered 'bloodlusted' though - he's just flying through the skies trying to knock Boba out of the sky with one of his explosive blasts from his magical trident.

3.) Boba has to get within 20 - 25 meters above the ship to do such a thing - he isn't. He is going to be moving slower than usual due to the fact that he's carrying another person, his jetpack is made for a SINGLE user - it's not like it's a transport speeder or anything of that nature. Boba is also going against some incredibly deadly foes without being able to attack them as his hands are full with Maul, he might be able to launch a missile but Blue Devil has flame resistance due to his demon physiology & Ultimate GG uses flame based attacks.

4.) If you're questioning Ultimate GG's ability to leap & grab Boba while he's trying to dodge Blue Devil then let me show you more.

Scans (1 - 2) show Ultimate GG leaping from the bottom of the ocean floor into the air high enough to blast two SHIELD Helicopters with Plasma Shields. Scans (3 - 4) show Ultimate GG leaping from the ground ONTO the SHIELD Helicarrier.

I already posted the scans in my first post where Ultimate GG leaps THROUGH a building, grabs Spiderman [ who knew the attack was coming due to his Spider Sense but still couldn't evade it ] and then tosses him towards the ground at an incredible speed.

I have no doubts that the Mandalorian who has his arms full trying to escort Maul to the boat is going to be grabbed & defeated by the tag team of Ultimate GG & Blue Devil - especially with their perfect teamwork due to the perk.

1. I wasn't including all 5 members of your team. I was just saying. Blue Devil and Green Goblin should have the common sense not to just start lighting up the sky with fireballs and energy blasts, or even take flight off of the ship, in order to not incite complete panic. Especially since Boba won't exactly be attacking them. They don't know Boba. He could be anyone. If you can prove to me that your team lacks common sense and would happily launch themselves off a boat to engage an unarmed, non-hostile target, when their priority is what is on the boat itself, then I'll concede.

2. Again, if they have common sense, they won't do what I described above.

3. You're seriously overrating the difficulty of this task. Boba just has to fly quite high above the ship, and be something like 50 yards, maybe more, away from it, and throw Maul while invisible. This will go off a hitch unless your team are going to instantly kick into action and start blasting a random guy who is unarmed, and would actually look like he's flying over the ship more than anything else.

4. If Ult Green Goblin launches himself at Boba and Maul this will happen.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If Maul can effortlessly perform a Force Choke on Obi-Wan Kenobi - a being with innate telekinetic defences, amplified by his own telekinetic ability - then I'm sure he could just push Goblin into the ocean or something. Problem solved. Also, if you're going to say something like "Goblin is too big for that"...

He just needs one gesture to send Goblin flying away. Could even snap his neck given Goblin doesn't have any special defences to this kind of attack.

And with a second gesture the same happens to Blue Devil.

Lastly - you brought up Boba trying to throw Maul onto the ship because he's thrown heavy targets before - the awkward way in which Boba is flying with Maul combined with the fact that he has no footing to really 'brace' himself with really impacts his strength and how he can effectively throw a target. The scan you showed had him on the ground - with nice, planted feet - and a technique that wouldn't transfer nearly as well into this situation.

Why is Boba in an awkward way? He just needs to fly at a considerable amount of speed, throw Maul as best he can, and let gravity manipulation take over. I think your argument is relying too much on making such a simple task sound as difficult as possible.

Okay - he survives a 30 meter fall - if he's dropped the moment that Ultimate GG is slamming into Boba then he's going to be falling a lot more than 30 meters. I already posted the scans of how incredibly high Ultimate GG can leap & his momentum is going to bring the duo even higher into the air before he begins their freefall descent into the ground pound.

I already posted the Ultimate GG freefall scans that show him surviving falls MUCH farther than 30 meters - as he was above skyscrapers when him & Spiderman were falling.

Why would he even be near GG when he can TK him away at a gesture? Same with Blue Devil? Admittedly Maul might have to give up his cloaking, but after displacing your team members he can land on the ship and resume cloaking.

That would be impressive - but unfortunately I've got to point something out that'll really ruin the impressiveness of that scan. If Ultimate GG & Blue Devil were the names of large ships designed to combat other large ships in combat then it's be applicable - but Boba is such a small target for those large anti-vehicle space ships that it's useless for them to even TRY to hit him.

If you've ever seen a battle on here like Pacific Rim Mechs vs Iron Man then you'll see what I mean - people typically say that Iron Man wins even though the Mechs are more powerful in terms of damage output because the Mechs aren't designed to hit such small targets.

X-Wings are good against other ships like Y-Wings & Tie Fighters - they are not designed to be anti-infantry ships.

Well I don't think it really matters because the X-Wings weren't even specifically targetting Boba. They burst out of the atmosphere, guns blazing. In the scan the bolts are clearly on-target and in great quantity. He flat out dodges them.

No Caption Provided

So.. what's the issue with this feat? Do you genuinely think those couple dozen X-Wings were missing Boba, or are you just trying to deconstruct my case?

He's trying to awkward throw him while flying & avoiding two skilled combatants - one who is weaving around him trying to blast him with explosive fire and another who is leaping AT him while launching energy blasts.

You showed Boba throwing Barkooda while his legs were planted firmly on the ground & he had braced himself for the throw - you didn't show him carrying an entire man and then throwing him while flying through the skies as he's evading heavy fire.

I think your plan is incredibly hiccuped - though it was well formatted.

I think you're overrating the difficulty of Boba essentially dropping Maul with a nudge of strength and momentum, as well as your "skilled" team members unproven marksmanship, and also underrating Boba dodging on-target X-Wing fire.

The showing with Barkooda was just a little strength showing. I'm not saying he's going to throw Maul with all his weight. But he can throw him with sufficient weight given he weighs quite a bit less than Barkooda, and he'll have the momentum of the jetpack to aid him.

You're also overrating your team members lack of common sense to start jumping ship and letting their full arsenals go in a desperate attempt to take down an unarmed man who looks like he's flying over the boat given the height he's at.

It would be hiccuped - the way you're interpreting it. However, when we consider that Boba appears to be non-hostile, your team do have common sense not to jump ship after someone who may not even be an armed threat, Maul can throw them away with TK at a gesture or crush their throats/snap their necks at a gesture, and that it honestly won't take much time for Boba to let Maul glide away to the ship using gravity manipulation - I think it'll go fine.

Boba has pretty great reflexes & I won't deny that - heck, I love Boba, and I'll admit that Blue Devil doesn't really have any truly amazing marksmanship feats but if you look back at my post you'll see that Blue Devil's means of attacking don't need 100% perfect accuracy.

Blue Devil is using AOE attacks - large explosions to try and throw Boba off a little bit. Blue Devil is in the air and doesn't have to worry about harming any citizens in the process either, so he'll be letting those explosives rip.

Ultimate GG has been able to encase entire Helicopters in flame while he flies through the sky - so he's got a rather large attack. Combine this with the fact that his one major foe is Spiderman who is known for being incredibly agile & able to dodge due to his precog ability known as Spider Sense and it makes Ultimate GG even more impressive.

X-Wing Fire is a small precise bolt - my team is using incredibly large explosive blats, much different.

AoE doesn't factor in when the explosions are meeting fresh air. They then just become slow moving, easily dodgable balls of energy.

GG or BD have no answer for TK.

Slow moving explosive blasts that don't explode on contact with fresh air vs on-target, travelling X-Wing fire designed for space combat...

Hmm, toughy. Again, you're overrating the ease of Boba flying not-that-near the ship, non-hostile and unarmed, giving Maul just enough momentum to glide, and then retreating. You're treating him like he's a red-alert threat that requires Green Goblin to launch himself like 30 meters in the air, which would inevitably end with him in the water anyway. And you also cannot counter Maul using TK to send GG away with a gesture.

No - it relies on the concept of Boba attempting to get Maul onto the ship, which he's doing & you can't really change your entire plan to prevent this.

Don't need to change my plan :) That's a pet peeve of mine anyway. People who make omniscient changes to their plan mid-debate just annoy the hell out of me.

Oh no - jetpack missiles that use explosives in order to damage their target - my weakness!

Unfortunately for Boba & his little missile Ultimate GG has the feat of completely resisting & absorbing the infinitely more powerful energy blasts of Ultimate Human Torch. The fire & blast produced by that missile is pretty powerful, but is completely useless against Ultimate GG.

The sonic detonator will be a pain in the ears for a little bit, if Boba can even reach it in time - but isn't an end all be all by any means. In fact it'd probably just give Ultimate GG more of a reason to kill the Bounty Hunter as he's trigger an incredibly annoying noise.

..you are aware you've just proven my point, right?

So let's assume Maul doesn't fling GG away at a gesture. Your scans showed GG being thrown around by the impact of explosions. That's all I need. If a jetpack missile or wrist-rocket can send GG off course your whole plan of him latching onto Boba is further put to rest.

It's not anywhere close to going off without a hitch - I'll address the boat's worth of civilians soon.

MY VERDICT - Boba is spotted when he tries to fly through the empty sky towards our defense target. Unfortunately for the Bounty Hunter he has his hands full while carrying Darth Maul - which will also slow him down a tad due to the fact that his jet pack is made for a single user. Due to the awkward way that he's carrying Maul he won't be able to effectively toss him the distances your claiming - and Ultimate GG's leaping distance is much larger than the distance that Boba will have to be in order to get Maul onto the ship. Blue Devil will be able to annoy Boba with his explosive blasts and Ultimate GG's speed & skill will allow him to rip the Mandalorian out of the air and smash him into the ground where he will proceed to ground pound him over and over until his body is limp and Boba is dead. Maul may possibly escape if he is dropped before Ultimate GG crashes into them, if not then he'll be severely hurt but might still escape towards the boat.

The actual verdict - Boba is not instantly deemed a red-alert target because he is flying over the boat unarmed. Green Goblin and Blue Devil don't instantly decide to jump-ship and blast this guy out the sky because it will incite chaos on the ship they're meant to be guarding. He just needs to release Maul with the momentum of flight speed to let him glide onto the ship invisibly.

In the event anyone comes near Boba, they jet TK'd or sent packing by a lock-on wrist-rocket or jetpack missile.

GG and Blue Devil's "skill" isn't really proven, nor is there marksmanship, which would be needed to tag someone like Boba who can dodge X-Wing fire after it's been fired.

Advice: I remember in our last debate we got into a bit of pissing contest about who's plan would work and what not. I think you should maybe make a back up case in the event a viewer thinks my plan will work, because if you don't, that's a potential vote lost for you. Plans and backup plans and backup, backup plans go a long way.

Just gonna reply to stuff I haven't covered yet.

If Maul forces an evacuation then it is not my teams job to make sure the evacuation goes well. There are protocols on cruise ships for evacuations.

The one job of my team is to protect the cargo on the ship - we are not ordered to protect the people. If we look at the rules here's what Lukehero said about the passengers - Try not to kill them if you can

So we won't - my team is positioned in areas that allow them to oversee the entire boat. We know that our abilities are more effective at a distance and none of my team is truly interested in close quarters combat among all the passengers. We're just there to prevent people from getting onto the boat that don't belong - and if they do - then we stop them when they try to escape.

So people running about screaming, trying to evacuate, dodging around kitchen explosions ect isn't going to get in the way of your team members? They must be very good in that kind of environment, then?

1.) The chaotic environment will be delayed.

2.) A man flying in with a jetpack similar to the one who just attempted to get on the boat is incredibly suspicious and stands out.

3.) A jetpack missile isn't doing anything to Ultimate GG.

Everything regarding the delay of Jango & Jack - leading to their death - still stands.

1. Covered this

2. Boba wasn't trying to get on the boat, he was flying back after dropping off Maul. Already covered most of this.. this is becoming a bit pissy now.

3. A jetpack missile would send GG flying like Human Torches explosions did. The impact would send him off-course and into the ocean.

Nope.. I'd rather we just discussed how you're going to prevent my team from doing their task rather than arguing over our interpretations of how much of a threat Boba appears, how difficult it'd be (not very) to drop Maul with a nudge ect.. not really much of a battle debate.

Actually I'm just moving onto the part about the boat because you have some of your own countering to do. No point in repeating myself.

Alright - I bet Savage can stop some arrows - so your stealth boat gets even closer to the Cruise Ship. Black Canary can still fly around the boat [ propelled by her sonic scream ] and begin blasting it apart. This distraction gives Green Arrow time to EMP it to completely stop it in it's tracks. BC's sonics will disorient Savage - making it harder for him to focus his force abilities [ though all I've seen him do is toss some people aside which is really lack luster ] and allowing Green Arrow to reign down on the ship with all of his trick arrows.

While this is going on Blue Devil & Ultimate GG return from killing 3 of your team members & begin assisting my team in bringing down your stealth boat - thus ruining Mauls escape as you wrote that he was going to jump in the boat after Savage & Strode got onto the boat to distract my team.

Luther Strode is useless while he's on that stealth boat - he doesn't have any range to do anything to my team. The explosive blasts from Ultimate GG would be enough to tear through the ships armor - Black Canary's sonics should do the same as she's blown up an Amazo with them. Adding Blue Devil to the mix just makes it overkill - and Ollie's trick arrows are just for fun.

Now you've got Maul who is trying to get off the boat with the treasure without any means of escape & no team to help him.

How many EMP grenades does Green Arrow have like? If he fired off several at once like you said he would (all of which would get redirected, which is quite a useful distraction) then he could have used them all.

You haven't accounted for the Fetts by back on the ship. They can shoot at Black Canary to keep her at bay, or even flying into her or use their flamethrowers.

I would think Blue Devil and Green Goblin would be more worried about Jack and Maul getting the treasure and escaping, but whatever. When the Fetts get close enough they can take flight and attack your team anyway, while Savage and Luther get ready to hit the cruise ship.

And since when did your whole team end up out of position at the front of the boat? Especially with the chaos Maul has induced? Your plans are just your interpretations of what is most convenient for your team.

@lukehero Just out of interest, how durable is the stealth boat? Barry seems to think EMP grenades and explosions would be enough to destroy it.

No - Savage & Strode are in the Stealth Boat on the way to the main cruise line in order to leave the boat for Maul. Blue Devil is having an aerial battle with Jango - which CAN'T last more than a minute because Jango's pack doesn't hold enough fuel to give longer flight times, his flight time is already reduced from the fuel he wasted trying to get Jack onto the ship.

I think you keep forgetting that the jetpacks don't have infinite fuel.

You're overrating how long it takes Jango to travel a mile and a half with a 90mph Jetpack that on it's higher bursts can outpace X-Wing fire.

Savage's TK feats haven't been really all that impressive to me - sure, he's tossed people aside and stopped a knife in mid air - but when he's being blasted away by the Canary Cry he's going to find it hard to focus any of his force abiltiies - allowing GA to EMP the boat.

Savage performs TK feats quite well under pressure. He performed a massive blast while being shot by omni-directional blaster fire. I'm sure he could send a Force wave Canary's way if she doesn't shut up.

No Caption Provided

I'm also glad you think his TK only extends to him tossing aside a few guys at a gesture.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Besides, your team have no innate defences against TK so...

Honestly.. I'm losing the effort to reply to this debate. It's going to turn into another pissing match about who's plan will work and who's going to die and who isn't ect. We need to agree on what my team will be doing otherwise this will go on in circles. I personally think you're overhyping how difficult it'll be for the initial drop off to happen, and how alert and efficient your team is to non-hostile unarmed targets. So.. I dunno. Might just leave my plan how it is, scan-dump my teams abilities and leave it from there. I'd rather debate a battle, not a hypothetical scenario of who makes it to a ship and who doesn't..

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Well - it looks like you're going to want to open up voting after this because you're losing effort to respond, thanks.

I wasn't including all 5 members of your team. I was just saying. Blue Devil and Green Goblin should have the common sense not to just start lighting up the sky with fireballs and energy blasts, or even take flight off of the ship, in order to not incite complete panic. Especially since Boba won't exactly be attacking them. They don't know Boba. He could be anyone. If you can prove to me that your team lacks common sense and would happily launch themselves off a boat to engage an unarmed, non-hostile target, when their priority is what is on the boat itself, then I'll concede.

So you're trying to tell me that Blue Devil & Ultimate GG attacking a man who is flying towards the boat at high speeds is a lack of common sense - when their main objective is to protect the treasure on display within this boat?

You're also trying to tell me that when my team [ the defenders ] attacks your team [ the thieves ] that it will incite complete panic on the boat? I've already got a rather large Blue Demon and a hulking green gargoyle-like beast walking around the ship - I feel like the passengers were informed of WHY they are on this ship because they really don't "blend" all that well.

I also find it quite hilarious that you're saying that my team attacking your team is a lack of common sense - nobody on my team has any personal connection to the passengers on this boat, it is not our job to protect the people on this boat, the first and final goal is to protect the treasure on this boat at all costs.

When regarding the passengers the one thing I was told - as per the rules - was that the guards should TRY to not kill the passengers if they can but my team isn't at a loss if that happens; and baddies will still do what they have to do, so Ultimate Green Goblin has been given the right to do anything in his power to stop your team - due to the 'Perfect Teamwork' perk my team has he won't do anything that will put the rest of my team in danger & will be working fluidly with them.

As far as them not knowing who Boba is - he's an armored man in a jetpack flying towards our objective & his arms are in such a fashion that he appears to be carrying an invisible man. If you're trying to spin this debate in such a way that you want my team to just give your team a free pass onto the ship then you're sadly mistaken.

Lastly - you're trying to convince me that Boba is an unarmed target? Did you remove all of his weapons from him? Did you remove the missile protruding from the back of his jetpack? Earlier you stated the both of the Fetts "Boba and Janga Fett have an insane amount of destructive output between them. They have flamethrowers, mini-concussion rockets, jetpack missiles, blasters than can disintegrate opponents or blow up vehicles with one hit, thermal detonators capable of massive destructive ranges" and unless you're going to retract this statement then Boba Fett is NOT an unarmed target & he WILL be engaged.

Do not try and convince me or the voters that my team engaging your team in combat in a debate on the battle forums is a lack of common sense - especially when my team initially see's that it's a 2 vs 1 - because that's just silly.

Again, if they have common sense, they won't do what I described above.

Deconstructed that argument above.

3. You're seriously overrating the difficulty of this task. Boba just has to fly quite high above the ship, and be something like 50 yards, maybe more, away from it, and throw Maul while invisible. This will go off a hitch unless your team are going to instantly kick into action and start blasting a random guy who is unarmed, and would actually look like he's flying over the ship more than anything else.

I don't think I'm overrating the difficulty at all - I think you're underselling the abilities of Blue Devil & Ultimate Green Goblin - two of the most unknown characters on my team.

It's not difficult to spot a target in the sky when nothing else is flying about - Boba is literally the only thing in the air at this point in time. It's daytime so it's pretty gosh darn light outside, it's not like Boba has any stealth in his plan, he's flying DIRECTLY towards my team. Then you're trying to tell me that Boba is strong enough [ even with his momentum I doubt this ] to throw Darth Maul 150 feet. Boba is not a powerhouse, he has above average strength to the likes of Batman - and I doubt Bat's is gonna toss a man 150 feet. The scan that you showed earlier shows Boba tossing a man - while grounded & in a more sensible stance - halfway across a small room.

My team is instantly going into their defensive objective the moment they see an armored man with a missile on his back heading towards our cruise ship at decent speeds.

4. If Ult Green Goblin launches himself at Boba and Maul this will happen - If Maul can effortlessly perform a Force Choke on Obi-Wan Kenobi - a being with innate telekinetic defences, amplified by his own telekinetic ability - then I'm sure he could just push Goblin into the ocean or something. Problem solved. Also, if you're going to say something like "Goblin is too big for that"

Alright - now you're having Maul begin attacking my team with his force abilities while in mid air. I've already shown the scan of how quickly Ultimate Green Goblin can recover from a fall, but I'll show it again because something isn't registering here.

Time to explain what is seen in the above scans.

Scans 1 - 3 ) Ultimate Green Goblin & Ultimate Spiderman are stuck in a free fall as they plummet towards the city below. The fall began from atop a sky scraper - a height which is much higher than what we're discussing in this battle. Ultimate Spiderman is lucky enough to have his webbing to swing to safety, Goblin isn't as fortunate. He slams into the ground below - creating a crater like impact. Agents of SHIELD then begin asking where Goblin went, turns out he was able to bounce on impact and escape any sort of capture without any of the many SHIELD soldiers & agents looking for him.

Scans 4 - 6 ) Ultimate Green Goblin leaps through a building, crashing through walls, and grabs Ultimate Spiderman even though he had his Spider Sense warning him Goblin moves too fast for Spiderman to avoid the attack. Goblin then holds Spiderman and slams him into the ground - note the fire trail from Goblin as he uses his fire projection while in mid air to damage Spiderman as they fall. The moment they hit the ground Goblin is leaping through the sky again and tosses Spiderman towards the ground with a mighty throw. Spiderman recovers, attacks Goblin, who catches him and throws him once more while leaping through the air.

Scans 7 - 8 ) Goblin leaps from the bottom of the Ocean into the same airspace as the SHIELD choppers that had surrounded him - he then blasts apart their plasma shield defenses and destroys them.

Scans 9 - 10 ) Goblin LEAPS onto the SHIELD Helicarrier while it's in the air - impressive leaping skills.

So what do I mean with all of this? Well, Maul may be able to toss Goblin way then he can, but Goblin's recover is so incredibly quick that it won't hinder the assault on the "unarmed" Boba and Darth Maul.

He just needs one gesture to send Goblin flying away. Could even snap his neck given Goblin doesn't have any special defences to this kind of attack.

Goblins incredible durability should prevent the neck snap in all honesty - he's survived getting hit by a 9 ton truck over and over again and then got a pounding from Ultimate Spiderman whose shown incredible feats of punching power.

So Goblin get's tossed away - then he attacks again, and again, and again, and again.

And with a second gesture the same happens to Blue Devil.

Won't hinder BD all that much - considering unlike GG he actually has flight so he'll spiral off course a bit & then just resume his assault.

Why is Boba in an awkward way? He just needs to fly at a considerable amount of speed, throw Maul as best he can, and let gravity manipulation take over. I think your argument is relying too much on making such a simple task sound as difficult as possible.

You're claiming that Boba Fett is going to be able to throw Darth Maul 150 feet onto the cruise ship. I'm going to post a drawing I did of this on MS Paint to show how awkward Boba's grip is on Maul.

No Caption Provided

An underarm toss from a peak human [ maybe ] that will send Maul flying 150 feet? Even with some minor gravity manipulation this seems far fetched & unlikely to me.

Why would he even be near GG when he can TK him away at a gesture? Same with Blue Devil? Admittedly Maul might have to give up his cloaking, but after displacing your team members he can land on the ship and resume cloaking.

Well - up to this point in the debate you never mentioned Maul doing anything to GG or Blue Devil while they did this assault so there was no reason to debate this, but now that it's here, I'll explain.

Maul gives away his positioning by becoming visible while displacing Blue Devil & GG. GG & BD both recover quickly and resume their assault while Boba tries to get close enough to the ship, at this point in time the other 3 members of my team notice that a mysterious figure just became visible in the arms of the armored man flying towards the ship. Wildcat grabs Green Arrow & uses his Batclaw grappling hook to make it to the other end of the ship in 5 or 6 seconds. Canary uses her flight and does the same.

Green Arrow launches a Flash Bang arrow to disorient Maul & Fett while they're still in the air. Canary begins shouting in their general direction to throw them off - this disorients Maul even further and hurts Boba due to the helmet that he wears that increases his sense of hearing.

Amplified senses + Sonic Shout = Down for the Count

Well I don't think it really matters because the X-Wings weren't even specifically targetting Boba. They burst out of the atmosphere, guns blazing. In the scan the bolts are clearly on-target and in great quantity. He flat out dodges them.

You just contradicted yourself - you state that the X-Wings weren't targeting Boba specifically but then you state that the bolts are on-target. So if Boba isn't the target & the bolts are on target then he's not really doing that much in terms of dodging.

So.. what's the issue with this feat? Do you genuinely think those couple dozen X-Wings were missing Boba, or are you just trying to deconstruct my case?

One issue that I have is when you look at the entire scenario regarding that feat - here, I'll post all the scans.

Boba & Vader are both preparing themselves for the assault that's about to happen - they know what's coming. Vader explains that his own fleet will be taking out the Rebel Fleet & that Boba doesn't need to worry about them.

The Rebel Fleet eventually bursts onto the scene - engaged with Vader's fleet most likely due to the fact that Vader told Boba ahead of time that the Empire would engage the Rebel's. Boba just has to use that as a cover while he flies towards his major objective.

As for there because a "couple dozen" you're mistaken - I don't see 24 ships firing at Boba :|

As for me deconstructing your case - isn't that the purpose of debating? You bring something up, I argue that it's unlikely if I believe it's unlikely or I explain how my team can overcome what you've presented. In this case I'm arguing that it's unlikely but also that my team's reaction time is great enough to tag the Bounty Hunter.

I think you're overrating the difficulty of Boba essentially dropping Maul with a nudge of strength and momentum, as well as your "skilled" team members unproven marksmanship, and also underrating Boba dodging on-target X-Wing fire.

You may think that I'm overrating the difficulty but I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum - you haven't really convinced me of anything major that would prevent this from happening.

I do believe that Boba could drop Maul - I don't believe he could do it at the distances you're stating he can, even with the momentum from his jetpack which is moving at maybe 90 MPH.

I'm not claiming that my two team members [ Green Goblin & Blue Devil ] are expert marksmen - but their target is a man who has his hands full with Maul, slowing him down, flying in an open sky towards the Cruise ship. He truly didn't dodge on-target X-Wing fire by your own words, he wasn't the target of those ships, he just got caught in the fray.

As far as my team & their ability to tag things - Ultimate Green Goblin displays better accuracy due to the fact that his main foe is Spiderman who is already an incredibly fast foe who is given additional help due to his Spider Sense making him aware of danger.

Spiderman has dodged chain gun fire, assault rifles, and point blank pistol fire from all directions. He's not slow by any means & GG has grabbed hold of him in mid air at speeds too quick for Spiderman to react.

The X-Wing fire also all came from one direction, my team isn't just attacking from one direction. Blue Devil can fly all around the sky while Green Goblin leaps around with ease.

You're also overrating your team members lack of common sense to start jumping ship and letting their full arsenals go in a desperate attempt to take down an unarmed man who looks like he's flying over the boat given the height he's at.

I didn't know that attacking a man who is flying towards a normal Cruise Ship at high speeds via jetpack who has a missile strapped to his back is a 'lack of common sense'.

Blue Devil isn't "jumping ship" either - he's flying around in the airspace around the ship - it's still in his sights so he's not just abandoning his mission, same goes for Green Goblin.

It would be hiccuped - the way you're interpreting it. However, when we consider that Boba appears to be non-hostile, your team do have common sense not to jump ship after someone who may not even be an armed threat, Maul can throw them away with TK at a gesture or crush their throats/snap their necks at a gesture, and that it honestly won't take much time for Boba to let Maul glide away to the ship using gravity manipulation - I think it'll go fine.

Boba doesn't appear non-hostile though, you've actually told me he's got tons of weapons on him - he is ARMED to the TEETH!

It isn't normal for a guy with a jetpack to fly towards a Cruise Ship, even if he's just flying above it. If Maul begins attacking Blue Devil & GG once they attack then the rest of my team would notice & make their way to the scene to give assistance. I've explained that scenario above & can do a wrap up at the end if required.

AoE doesn't factor in when the explosions are meeting fresh air. They then just become slow moving, easily dodgable balls of energy.

GG's blasts were large enough to encase Helicopters in an explosive blast - I'm pretty sure they're still devastating against Boba - and I don't see why you keep claiming his blasts are slow by any means.

GG or BD have no answer for TK.

In a 1 v 1 I'd be worried about this - in the current hole you've dug yourself into, it'll throw them off but won't be the end all be all.

Slow moving explosive blasts that don't explode on contact with fresh air vs on-target, travelling X-Wing fire designed for space combat...

1.) The speed of these blasts are not slow by any means.

2.) You keep mentioning the X-Wing fire - but it wasn't meant for Boba nor were they targeting him.

3.) Goblin can keep a continuous beam of Flame Projection - not just fire balls.

No Caption Provided

Hmm, toughy. Again, you're overrating the ease of Boba flying not-that-near the ship, non-hostile and unarmed, giving Maul just enough momentum to glide, and then retreating. You're treating him like he's a red-alert threat that requires Green Goblin to launch himself like 30 meters in the air, which would inevitably end with him in the water anyway. And you also cannot counter Maul using TK to send GG away with a gesture.

I countered all of this above.

Don't need to change my plan :) That's a pet peeve of mine anyway. People who make omniscient changes to their plan mid-debate just annoy the hell out of me.

You've done it several times in this debate.

1.) You said Jango & Boba would be flying away after dropping off their targets but also said they'd be hovering above the boat in order to provide additional support while Jack & Maul attempted to get the treasure.

2.) You've said Jango would fly Blue Devil back to the base where Boba & Savage would be waiting in order to pile on Blue Devil but also said that Savage & Strode would be on the stealth boat headed towards the cruise ship.

3.) You've stated that Boba Fett is an unarmed target but also discuss all the ways he will attack Blue Devil & Green Goblin with weapons if they attack him.

Just pointing out some inconsistencies here.

So let's assume Maul doesn't fling GG away at a gesture. Your scans showed GG being thrown around by the impact of explosions. That's all I need. If a jetpack missile or wrist-rocket can send GG off course your whole plan of him latching onto Boba is further put to rest.

Ah yes - I guess I should explain that a tad more. He got pushed back a bit from the explosion of a rocket fired by a member of the SHIELD Hulk Busting unit. Hulk Busting Missile > Jetpack Missile.

The actual verdict - Boba is not instantly deemed a red-alert target because he is flying over the boat unarmed. Green Goblin and Blue Devil don't instantly decide to jump-ship and blast this guy out the sky because it will incite chaos on the ship they're meant to be guarding. He just needs to release Maul with the momentum of flight speed to let him glide onto the ship invisibly.

1.) Boba isn't unarmed

2.) Boba is deemed a target

3.) Green Goblin & Blue Devil can still see the ship - they aren't abandoning their posts.

4.) If attacking the enemy is going to incite chaos on the ship then you're just waiting for me to say we wait around for your team to come onto the ship - then take the treausure - then we'll follow you to a safe distance away from the boat because we don't want to incite chaos on the boat. What?

5.) We're not guarding the ship or it's passengers - we're protecting the treasure. Re-read the scenario.

In the event anyone comes near Boba, they jet TK'd or sent packing by a lock-on wrist-rocket or jetpack missile.

Blue Devil would be protected from the rocket's due to his demon physiology - fire & explosives don't really do anything to him. Green Goblin might be pushed back a smidge but the rockets used against him in the scans shown in this debate were much more powerful than anything Fett has on him.

GG and Blue Devil's "skill" isn't really proven, nor is there marksmanship, which would be needed to tag someone like Boba who can dodge X-Wing fire after it's been fired.

Blue Devil was able to take down Eclipso - the Incarination of the Wrath of God and the Angel of Vengeance. He's fought countless powerful demons and magic users in his time as well. His attacks are incredibly powerful and if they make contact with Boba then he'd be down for the count.

Scan (1) shows Blue Devils resistance to heat as he was able to resist magma just fine. Scans (2 - 3) show him throwing his Trident of Lucifer into Eclipso & causing an INCREDIBLY large explosion.

Ultimate Green Goblin has fought countless battles against Ultimate Spiderman, Ultimate Human Torch, Ultimate Ice Man, Ultimate Doc Ock, and hordes of SHIELD Agents in all forms. In all of his fight's he's typically outnumbered - that never stops him. I can scan dump all of his fights if you'd like me to but that's not debating.

Blue Devil & Ultimate Green Goblin can handle a Bounty Hunter moving at 90MPH who is limited to his jetpack missile. Maul may toss them around a bit with his TK but he gives his positioning away & the rest of my team swoops in to aid my other two team members. Maul & Fett are then swiftly taken down.

Advice: I remember in our last debate we got into a bit of pissing contest about who's plan would work and what not. I think you should maybe make a back up case in the event a viewer thinks my plan will work, because if you don't, that's a potential vote lost for you. Plans and backup plans and backup, backup plans go a long way.

The last time we debated was when I first joined the Vine & created a terrible team with practically no chemistry that didn't cover enough bases. We were also debating video game characters so the fight devolved into game mechanics. Now I've got more experience - more wins under my belt - and I understand what I'm doing.

I appreciate the advice; however, and if you want backup plans posted I'll do that.

So people running about screaming, trying to evacuate, dodging around kitchen explosions ect isn't going to get in the way of your team members? They must be very good in that kind of environment, then?

No Caption Provided

Here - I made a little diagram showing where my team is located. Passengers wouldn't be on the Helipad at first - there isn't even chaos at this point. If you do cause Chaos it's AFTER GG & BD have begun their assault so we can focus on the other 3 members of my team. I don't see any passengers trying to evacuate in their location - passengers can't even go where GA - WC - and BC are.

2. Boba wasn't trying to get on the boat, he was flying back after dropping off Maul. Already covered most of this.. this is becoming a bit pissy now.

You said Boba & Jango were going to be hovering above the boat to provide suppressing fire...?

No Caption Provided

See? I'm sorry that you think I'm coming off as "pissy" to you but I'm just trying to fully grasp your plan which keeps changing and you keep contradicting yourself.

Sorry I guess?

3. A jetpack missile would send GG flying like Human Torches explosions did. The impact would send him off-course and into the ocean.

If you're trying to tell me that Boba's Jetpack Missile is as powerful as Human Torches blasts are then I think you're vastly overrating the power of the single missile. Green Goblin can recover from such an attack in seconds.

Nope.. I'd rather we just discussed how you're going to prevent my team from doing their task rather than arguing over our interpretations of how much of a threat Boba appears, how difficult it'd be (not very) to drop Maul with a nudge ect.. not really much of a battle debate.

Welp - I've discussed how I'm going to prevent your team from doing their task - a lot, but okay :3

Actually I'm just moving onto the part about the boat because you have some of your own countering to do. No point in repeating myself.

Well alrighty then.

How many EMP grenades does Green Arrow have like? If he fired off several at once like you said he would (all of which would get redirected, which is quite a useful distraction) then he could have used them all.

If you had read the equipment section I posted you'd see that I listed that - he has 5.

If Green Arrow fired an EMP arrow at the ship & it got caught by TK in mid air he wouldn't proceed to fire more, he's only firing one. If it hits then it hits - if it gets caught then he's not just going to arrow spam.

I also didn't say he would fire off several.

You haven't accounted for the Fetts by back on the ship. They can shoot at Black Canary to keep her at bay, or even flying into her or use their flamethrowers.

ANOTHER CONTRADICTION OHMYGOSH. You've stated multiple times that my team would be going against common sense and their objective if they went after the Fett's because they're not going to be staying by the ship. You've also stated the Fett's would be hovering above the ship to make sure the getaway is clean. NOW YOU'RE SAYING THAT THE FETTS ARE BACK ON THE SHIP?!?!

*throws hands into air waving them about like a crazed squid*

If for some odd reason NONE of my attacks have done anything and you SOMEHOW get all 5 of your team members onto my ship the both of the Fett's won't have any fuel left in their jet packs.

I'm not even going to respond to this because you need to sort out a finalized & finished plan of what you're doing here - it's hard to keep track of your team in this debate considering you've changed ideas like 6 or 7 times throughout this debate.

I would think Blue Devil and Green Goblin would be more worried about Jack and Maul getting the treasure and escaping, but whatever. When the Fetts get close enough they can take flight and attack your team anyway, while Savage and Luther get ready to hit the cruise ship.

According to you Maul is invisible & my team doesn't know about him & Jack is so fast we don't see him. My team doesn't know that Maul is on the ship.

We're not going to camp the treasure - it's an enclosed space and 4/5 members of my team would be ineffective using their powers & attacks in such a small space - especially with people around us. Why would Green Arrow decide to go hide in a small room and try to hit his targets while passengers are passing around him - his spot on the vantage point makes more sense - same with Canary & her sonic scream. Goblin is just huge & wouldn't want to damage the treasure with his fire projection & BD's AOE explosives would do the same.

And since when did your whole team end up out of position at the front of the boat? Especially with the chaos Maul has induced? Your plans are just your interpretations of what is most convenient for your team.

Countered - explained - next.

Just out of interest, how durable is the stealth boat? Barry seems to think EMP grenades and explosions would be enough to destroy it.

1.) I didn't say an EMP arrow would DESTROY the boat - it would make it unusable because it's controls would be shot & ruined as they are electronic.

2.) Time to show you how powerful GG can make his explosions.

No Caption Provided

KA-BOOM goes an entire base - a small stealth boat isn't impossible to damage :|

You're overrating how long it takes Jango to travel a mile and a half with a 90mph Jetpack that on it's higher bursts can outpace X-Wing fire.

It takes exactly 1 minute to go 1.5 miles at 90MPH. The jetpack has enough fuel for 1 minute of continuous flight. Both of the Fett's are out of fuel the moment that they make it to the boat - you just made this easier.

Savage performs TK feats quite well under pressure. He performed a massive blast while being shot by omni-directional blaster fire. I'm sure he could send a Force wave Canary's way if she doesn't shut up.

He does well while being outnumbered against some battle droids - who are known for being quite comical in the Star Wars Universe but the fact that he is able to evade the omni-directional fire is impressive.

However - I'm not talking about that type of pressure; I'm talking about the sonic's damaging his ears - thus throwing him totally off balance & with such a devastating ringing noise going through his brain it'll be much harder to focus and concentrate.

I'm also glad you think his TK only extends to him tossing aside a few guys at a gesture.

That's what's been shown - sure, he tossed more people aside but I've explained how my team copes with that.

Besides, your team have no innate defences against TK so...

I never said we did - however - I've explained how my team will overcome the TK powers of Savage Opress & win the battle.

Honestly.. I'm losing the effort to reply to this debate. It's going to turn into another pissing match about who's plan will work and who's going to die and who isn't ect. We need to agree on what my team will be doing otherwise this will go on in circles. I personally think you're overhyping how difficult it'll be for the initial drop off to happen, and how alert and efficient your team is to non-hostile unarmed targets. So.. I dunno. Might just leave my plan how it is, scan-dump my teams abilities and leave it from there. I'd rather debate a battle, not a hypothetical scenario of who makes it to a ship and who doesn't..

I'm sorry you're losing effort to this but that's honestly kind of offensive man. I'm sitting here posting tons and tons in my replies to you and then you just tell me that you're getting bored.

If it was THAT easy to agree on things then the battle forums wouldn't be a place filled with debates - I've explained why I think your plan is ineffective but If you want I'll post tons and tons of possible scenarios - though I'd rather not entertain 1000's of scenarios here. The purpose of having a team & debating with them is to use your team & their powers effectively.

If you're just going to scan-dump then go for it, that's not really debating though, but okay.

I've been debating battles this entire time - in your plan you don't have all of your team attacking at once, you've sent them in waves. I'm not going to write out a battle plan for my 5 vs your 6 if you're sending 2 of your 6 to attack my team at a time.

Anyways - I'll discuss other possible battles now.

POTENTIAL BATTLES JUST BECAUSE BACKUP PLANS.

Scenario 1

1. Boba & Maul fly towards the boat.
  2. Boba travels 1.5 miles @ 90 MPH - fuel runs out when he gets to the boat.
  3. Boba is able to get Maul onto the boat.
  4. Boba has to land on or near the boat due to a lack of fuel.
  5. Boba launches a wrist rocket or his jetpack missile at GG & BD like you've stated above.
  6. Maul moves around the boat & begin creating chaos.
  7. BD & GG deal with Boba while Maul moves around the boat & makes his way to treasure #1.
  8. GA & BC & WC see another target coming in that is dressed the same way the first one was - Jango, he's holding Jack.
  9. GG & BD have finished Boba at this point - due to the loss of his jetpack he lost his speed & was tagged by GG who punched his brains out.
  10. GG & BD begin firing at Jango & Jack.
  11. GA begins firing arrows at Jack while BC begins screaming at Jango.
  12. GG is projecting beams of intense flame at the duo as they get closer to the boat - he then leaps for Jack if he hasn't already been impaled by one of GA's Trick Arrows such as the Electric Arrow or Acetylene Arrow.
  13. Jack is going to be dead at this point - either from GA or GG.
  14. Jango will have run out of fuel on his way to the boat + the attacks from my team - he has to land and is quickly dispatched of by BD or BC.
  15. Maul has the #1 treasure - makes his way to the Stealth Boat.
  16. Savage & Strode are on the Cruise Ship - they make their way to my team.
  17. Wildcat & GA engage Strode - battle has been outlined before in the debate.
  18. GG // BC // BD engage Savage - BC's Sonic's disorient the powerful combatant.
  19. GA & WC come to assist - Savage get's blasted by sonic's still and is blasted by GG's Flames along with BD's flames.
  20. Team spots the stealth boat moving away from the cruise ship - begin to chase after it.
  21. Team eventually catches boat due to having GG leap long distances & BC & BD fly.
  22. GG uses the same level of base busting explosives on the boat - Maul is incredibly damaged in the explosion.
  23. The rest of my team attacks Maul while he tries to keep his hold on the treasure & escape. Maul is defeated in a short battle.
  24. Treasure is brought back to the cruise ship - mission completed.

Scenario 2

1. Boba & Maul make their way to the boat.
  2. BD & GG attack - Maul uses TK to rough BD & GG up a bit.
  3. GG eventually grabs Boba - he tries to throw Maul who may or may not make it to the boat.
  4. Boba gets killed - Maul is on the ship & my team knows about it.
  5. Jango & Jack come to do the same - both get killed as I've explained above.
  6. Savage & Luther come towards the boat in their stealth ship - spotted by the other 3 members of my team.
  7. Black Canary begins using her shout on the boat - eventually GG & BD make their way over to help.
  8. GG blows the ship up killing Luther & possibly Savage.
  9. Savage might survive - then dispatched of by GG.
  10. The rest of my team is informed that Maul is on the boat - Mauls' escape plan has been ruined by the Stealth boat being blown up.
  11. Maul begins making his way back to his base on foot - my team chases after him via flight.
  12. My team vs Maul - Maul loses but might kill Wildcat once or twice along with GA.
  13. My team wins.

I don't want to make more scenarios because I don't feel the need. My team has this locked down - you've got a good team but I still think my team is better, as I should due to the fact that I'm supporting MY team in this.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mickey-mouse
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I'm ready for voting if ILS is - if he wants to do a closing post then I'd like to do one as well.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mickey-mouse
those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: @thetruebarryallen: Maybe not a closing post as such but I might just drop a couple more scans to support my arguments. I think we can go to votes after that.

Eh.. basically I don't think it'll be a problem for Boba/Jango to get Maul/Jack onto the ship in terms of carrying and throwing them. And to support the argument that they can fly people around without an issue with his jetpack:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

All that will be happening is they fly over, drop them from a fair distance, probably on a different side of the boat to where your team members are if they were using common sense, and then getting out of there.

As I've shown the Fetts have the peak human gene - dodging X-Wing fire that is on-target and travelling is kind of irrefutably impressive. I'm sure for such a small task of dropping onto a boat their reflexes will be sufficient.

Maul can seriously just launch Green Goblin as far as he wants with TK, since he has no innate defences against it, especially since he's been able to it to someone with Force defences.

No Caption Provided

Er.. what else.. yeah. Savage's Force blasts should be sufficient to keep your team at bay, and he can even throw back the EMP arrows which could mess with whatever tech your team uses. Also - providing you don't buy into Barry's interpretation of how difficult it is to just drop someone from flight - the Fetts would have made their way back to the boat and could be unleashing their arsenals aswell. That's mini-rockets, jetpack missiles, wrist-lasers, blasters.. whatever suits you.

When the boat guys make it onto the ship I don't see Barry's team contending in direct confrontation. You just need to take a look at what he's up against.

Luther scan dump

Just a scan dump really. Strength, durability, healing, speed.. you guys know Luther. He's just a tank and will be there to bother your team while Maul and Jack make their way back to the boat with the treasure using their 70mph sprint speeds.

Covered Savage. He can just TK people off the boat. It's that simple. He's also quite fast.. faster than your team members I'd wager, given his Force speed and precognition which is innate to all Force users. And his lightsaber should cut through anyone here. Again - he's just a big problem you can't really deal with, especially while the treasures being stolen.

Scan dump

He shows a good amount of finesse and speed here, reacting to blaster bolts and dispatching opponents.

Creates very large after-images with his blade.

Shows skill and speed in this fight where he dodges lightsaber blows casually, even hopping above one.

He was able to temporarily deflect omni-directional blaster fire coming from extremely close range.

He has ignited and hurled his lightsaber faster than a room full of guards, or anyone else, could react, decapitating five people at once.

Before anyone could react, Savage had ignited both blades of his saber and hurled the weapon, sending a spinning sheet of scarlet plasma knifing through the gloomy hall. The lightsaber returned to Savage's hand, it's circuit of the room complete, and he deactivated the blades. The soldiers of the Black Sun and the Death Watch stood there, momentarily stunned. Then all heard five thumps from behind the thrones, and the five headless bodies of the Black Sun leaders collapsed where they stood.

Star Wars The Clone Wars: Darth Maul Shadow Conspiracy

Has moved in the blink of an eye.

"In an eyeblink, Maul and Savage had their lightsabers drawn and ignited, and were sending laser blasts ricocheting all around the chamber.."

He shows a good amount of finesse and speed here, reacting to blaster bolts and dispatching opponents.

Creates very large after-images with his blade.

Shows skill and speed in this fight where he dodges lightsaber blows casually, even hopping above one.

Loading Video...

He was able to temporarily deflect omni-directional blaster fire coming from extremely close range.

Loading Video...

He has ignited and hurled his lightsaber faster than a room full of guards, or anyone else, could react, decapitating five people at once.

Before anyone could react, Savage had ignited both blades of his saber and hurled the weapon, sending a spinning sheet of scarlet plasma knifing through the gloomy hall. The lightsaber returned to Savage's hand, it's circuit of the room complete, and he deactivated the blades. The soldiers of the Black Sun and the Death Watch stood there, momentarily stunned. Then all heard five thumps from behind the thrones, and the five headless bodies of the Black Sun leaders collapsed where they stood.

Has moved in the blink of an eye.

"In an eyeblink, Maul and Savage had their lightsabers drawn and ignited, and were sending laser blasts ricocheting all around the chamber.."

That's the Fetts, Savage and Luther covered.. well Jack is basically Luther but less strong and faster. Same with Maul in terms of Savage. Maul is also a lot faster than anyone on your team and could probably drop the treasure, speedblitz with his lightsaber, and resume. Or just TK spam. I like the lightsaber idea better though.

Speed Feat dump

Moves faster than the eye can see.

“You— you don’t understand ,” he said. “You can’t be here. He thinks you’re dead.” Zero started to stand up, and Maul’s hand moved faster than the eye could see, grabbing Zero’s fork and slamming it down so that it impaled the Twi’lek’s sleeve, pinning his arm to the table.

Maul: Lockdown

Activates his lightsaber just in time to deflect seven blaster bolts from a bounty hunter at close range, his hands moving in a blur.

He thumbed on both blades as the next blaster bolt and half a dozen more came his way in rapid succession. The Sith apprentice’s hands were a blur as he let the dark side take him over completely, giving in to its power and allowing it to control and manipulate him. Blaster bolts struck the lightsaber’s spinning blades and were deflected into the walls, the ceiling, the floor. No time to aim, though a bolt or two did hit the bounty hunter without apparent effect.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

Dodges a wrist-launcher rocket after it was fired at extremely close range, disappearing in a blur before the bounty hunter's eyes.

Desperate, she reached for her wrist launcher. Her only chance was to hit the horned one squarely and hope that the explosion would be contained enough by the other’s body to allow Lihnn to survive. But as she triggered the launcher the tattooed man seemed to disappear in a blur. All of a sudden there was a hole in the wall where an instant ago it had been solid.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

He sidesteps blaster bolts.

Maul opened the door and stepped into the office. Trezza was seated behind his massive desk. Kilindi stood before him. And Meltch Krakko stood on the far side of the room, near an open fireplace.

Kilindi gasped at the sight o Maul's blood-soaked body. Maul fixed his gaze on Krakko and walked straight toward him. Even though Maul was not carrying any weapons, Krakko drew his blaster and fired at him. Maul jerked his body to the left, dodged the blaster bolt, and kept walking toward Krakko. Krakko fired two more shots. Maul dodged those too before he grabbed Krakko's gun arm with one hand, and his neck with the other.

The Wrath of Darth Maul

Maul running five times faster than a human can travel.

But there was an even quicker way to overtake them. He called upon the Force, moving easily five times faster than a human could travel at a dead run. There was no way they could escape him now.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

Maul spins a web of light out of his lightsaber blades during a fight.

He pressed the attack viciously, blocking and thrusting, the twin radiant blades spinning a web of light about him.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

Dodges a freight train coming at him at over 100km/h (or, over 60mph).

He landed lightly. The entire tunnel was shaking as with the roar of some titanic beast. Maul looked up to see a driverless freight transport bearing down on him at better than one hundred kilometers an hour. Anyone else, even a trained athlete raised in a heavier gravity field, would have been crushed to paste. But Maul seized the Force, let it whip him up and to the side as if he were attached to a giant elastic band. The metal behemoth missed him by millimeters.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

Spins his blade during combat, so fast, it forms a shield.

But they did not prevent her from deflecting his strikes as he again moved within range, his twin blades spinning so fast they seemed to merge into a crimson shield.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

This one is veryimpressive. Maul is fighting so fast, that his blows seem to be coming from everywhere, being delivered all at once. That's alright on it's own, but Maul just moments prior to this fight had been shot in the right arm at point blank by a blaster. He didn't even have full use of his right arm and he was capable of moving at such speeds.

In his mind, the duel was all but over— his opponent was now dragging out the inevitable moment of defeat in a series of small humiliations. By turning to such diversionary tactics, Vosa had all but admitted that she was no match for the erratic staccato blows that he was delivering, seemingly from everywhere, all at once.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

Moves so fast that recording equipment needs to be slowed down to see him.

When he was satisfied that he had committed the results of his reconnaissance to memory, he shrugged out of his cloak and leapt straight up over the fence, landing precisely where some of the rocks he had tossed rested. Then he sprang to a series of other sites that ultimately carried him to the wall of the principal building, moving with such speed the entire time that whatever holorecordings were being made wouldn't show him unless they were played in slow motion.

Episode I Adventures: The Fury of Darth Maul

Moves faster than a droid can see.

Maul delivered a sharp kick to the droid's spherical underside. The droid soared toward the ceiling but regained control before impact and flew back toward the Sith. Maul leaped aside, moving faster than the droid's photoreceptor could follow. The droid raced past him and smashed hard against the cell wall.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

During a training exercise, Maul is facing a droid that can throw blows imperceptibly fast. Despite this, he still perceives his surroundings as if time had slowed down.

Rapier lunged at full extension, its metal knee joint bent almost to the floor. The needle point flickered toward Maul's heart, almost too fast to see.

The dark side blossomed in Darth Maul, the power of it resonating in him like black lightning, augmenting his years of training, guiding his reactions. Time seemed to slow, to stretch.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

States he can kill four or five beings in the flicker of an eyelash.

The Raiders shake their gaderffii and begin to surround me. There are just too many of them. I can take out four or five in the flicker of an eyelash, but that will just infuriate the rest. Frustration boils inside me. These interruptions deflect me from my mission.

Episode I Journal: Darth Maul

Slashes a droid twice, so fast an onlooker couldn't even see either blow delivered.

Anger rises in me, which is good. The darkness crests and roars. I twist in the air, my lightsaber twirling, revolving. Its balance is perfect in my hand. I strike one hard blow to the left flank of the droid. I feel the power of the move reverberate all the way to my shoulder. It gratifies me. The other blow to the right follows a fraction of an instant later, so close that an observer would not be able to tell which blow came first.

Episode I Journal: Darth Maul

Maul speedblitzes multiple squads of battle droids. A squad is made up of 8 droids. He would of been deflecting dozens of blaster bolts from numerous angles while doing this.

Calling his long lightsaber to his hand, he made short work of the squad, decapitating them with his blade or exploding them by deflecting blaster bolts back at them. The brief altercation drew several more patrols, the members of which he similarly dismembered.

End Game

Maul clearing through a 20 meter line's worth of Gungan soldiers, decapitating and slicing in half all of them, while dodging their spears and bombs.

Some of the Gungan riders saw him coming and took aim. Maul twisted his body, either evading flights of energy lances and spheres or fending them off with the lightsaber. Letting go of the STAP when he was still twenty meters from Ganne and the general, he called on the Force to send himself tearing through a score of mounted Gungans. It was clear that they had never seen anything like him. But then, who had? What Sith in the past thousand years had been allowed to wield a lightsaber in open battle? Was that in itself not enough to qualify him as atrue Sith?

The rubbery Gungans all but disintegrated at the touch of the twin blades Maul had hoped to reserve for the Jedi. Their billed heads flew in all directions. His slashes halved them down the middle or through the midsection, and they squawked as they died. Their nostrils flared and their eyes bulged from their heads, and the white sand beach grew puddled with their blood. Maul maneuvered closer to Ganne, cutting the legs out from under the Gungans’ mounts or impaling them on his lightsaber. He launched himself into the air when he was still five meters from the Boss and the general. The latter lost his head to one of the blades, and Ganne was knocked from his mount by Maul’s extended left hand.

End Game

Catches four arrows and returns them to sender.

The Bartokks scurried across the corridor and jammed twin-bolt crossbows down through the floor's open slots. They aimed their weapons at Maul and fired. Four poison-tipped, armor-piercing arrows sped toward the Sith Lord. Maul's hands moved like lightning as he plucked each arrow from the air and flung them back at the assassins. The arrows shot up through the grated floor and struck the two snipers. Their arms reflexively reached to remove the arrows, but the poison worked rapidly. Now there were four Bartokks lying on the corridor floor above Darth Maul.

Episode I Adventures: The Fury of Darth Maul

So yeah, there you go. I gather I have stopped putting in as much effort into this debate but the point is.. I'm sticking to my original strategy, and hopefully dumping some of these feats reinforces the points I made without me having to get into a big text-war. Because who likes a big wall of text? I don't.

Feel free to reply to this and we can get cracking with votes.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: @i_like_swords: Alright, let me know when you are ready for votes.
:D Also if you were trying to show videos, they don't come up under spoiler block.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Oh yeah, lol. Well hopefully people can just infer from the description I dropped.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mickey-mouse
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TTBA's Final Post // Conclusion & Wrap Up

So it's finally time to wrap this debate up & send it into voting. Well, before we allow the lovely voters to come in here & choose their champion I'd like to clear up a few points and essentially summarize this debate.

The Battle [ Both Plans ] Summarized

• Team ILS discusses their plan together - this takes 2 or 3 minutes total.
  • Team TTBA splits up their forces into two groups on the boat - BD & GG take the front of the boat while everyone else gets on the vantage point near the back of the boat. This can be done while Team ILS discusses their own plan.
  • Team ILS sends in Boba Fett w/Darth Maul. Fett flies towards the Cruise Ship while holding Darth Maul - who is cloaked & invisible.
  • Blue Devil & Green Goblin see Boba Fett & take to the skies - Blue Devil can fly while Green Goblin can leap massive heights & distances.
  • Blue Devil uses his Trident of Lucifer to blast at Boba Fett while Green Goblin keeps a constant stream of intense flame target on him.
  • Green Goblin leaps into the air - he may be pushed away by Darth Maul's force abilities at first - this then reveals Maul's position.
  • Green Goblin continues to leap at Boba Fett - grabbing him when his fuel supply for his jetpack runs out.
  • Maul uses his gravity manipulation to recover from the fall & lands on the ship - cloaking himself once again.
  • Green Goblin wins the CQC beatdown against Boba Fett - whose explosives & flame throwers don't harm GG.
  • Blue Devil returns to his post on the ship - GG leaps back onto the ship from the water that he landed in after grabbing Boba.
  • Jagno Fett & Jack make their way towards the ship - the same thing happens to them but Jack doesn't make it to the ship due to lack of TK abilties & he cannot push Blue Devil OR Green Goblin away from himself & Jango.
  • Jango engages in an aerial battle with Blue Devil - Blue Devil is resistant to the Jetpack Missile & Flamethrower while Jango is resistant to Blue Devil's explosive blasts.
  • Jack is torn from Jango's grip & brought into the water below by Green Goblin - who tears Jack apart limb from limb - Jack can't utilize his speed due to the fact that he had no real "control" while in the air w/Jango.
  • Blue Devil follows Jango to the deck of the ship - as Jango would have run out of fuel - the two engage in a CQC battle. Blue Devil can 1HKO Jango if he lands a punch on him - but GG will be joining them to turn the scales after he leaps onto the ship after killing Jack.
  • Jango is killed/incapped by BD & GG.
  • BD & GG join the rest of my team to inform them of what happened - the team then spots the Stealth boat holding Savage & Strode.
  • BD, GG, and Black Canary take to the skies [ BD & BC can fly while GG can leap ] the three of them tear apart the Stealth boat with Sonic Screams & Fire Projection.
  • Green Arrow fires an EMP arrow at the boat - Savage possibly sends it back at GA & Wildcat - BC sonic screams it into destruction.
  • Strode is a non factor while in the stealth boat, Savage tries to fight off my team w/TK but since he's floating in water after the ship is destroyed he is quickly overwhelmed.
  • Maul has both treasures @ this point - however - he needs a new escape plan due to the boat being destroyed.
  • Team TTBA chases Maul back to is rendezvous point - Wildcat & GA are carried by Blue Devil.
  • Team TTBA faces off against Darth Maul - Maul may be able to kill Wildcat & Green Arrow during the scuffle but is eventually overwhelmed due to disorienting sonic's & explosive blasts - the treasure is then obtained by team TTBA & brought back to the cruise line.

That's what I've gotten from this battle - I'll clear some things up that we're problems when ILS & I debated.

The Boba Fett Debacle

The argument here is if Boba Fett could get Darth Maul to the ship via his jetpack like ILS outlined in his plan. The problem here is that ILS was claiming Boba Fett would be able to toss Maul 150 feet onto the ship - given how he's carrying Maul & that Fett is only a peak human at best - it is doubtful that he can throw a fully grown bipedal humanoid 150 feet - especially when his jetpack is running out of fuel.

The distance that Fett was flying was 1.5 miles - due to the fact that his jetpack can go 90 MPH Fett would travel that distance in 1 minute - the exact amount of time he can sustain continuous flight due to fuel supply.

If Fett was allowed free passage & wasn't hindered by any combat or dodging during this trip I'd say he makes it just fine - but team TTBA throws a wrench in those plans when Blue Devil & Ultimate Green Goblin attack.

This means that Fett is running out of fuel before he actually makes it to the ship - he also has weapons that are ineffective against Blue Devil & Ultimate Green Goblin [ both who have insane durability ] thus he doesn't stand a chance when GG brings him into H2H combat.

Maul will most likely be able to make it to the ship - but I feel as if he will be delayed due to the assault placed on him.

Chaos on the Ship?

ILS constantly brought up the fact that Maul would be using his mind tricks to cause chaos on the ship - this would be a problem if my objective was to make sure no passengers were harmed - but that ISN'T my objective.

In fact the passengers are not of my concern, the rules state that I should try to avoid killing them but if it happens then it happens - my goal is to make sure the treasure isn't stolen.

It also helps that my team is on a portion of the boat where there won't be any passengers - they've got a lovely vantage point.

Considering my team is engaging his team in mostly aerial combat or while off the boat - the passengers & their chaos are essentially a non-factor.

Scan Dump?

I've decided that I'm going to post a lot of scans here to show how powerful the Canary Cry is - as Black Canary isn't a very popular character here on the Battle Forums

Scan (1) - Uses the Canary Cry to destroy a gun during training.

Scans (2 - 4) - When Black Canary lost usage of her Canary Cry she had equipment to mimic it. Here it is used to KO a group of super soldiers.

Scans (5 - 8) - After being dipped in a Lazarus Pit she gained her Canary Cry again; however, the effects of the Pit made her slightly insane. She turned on her team mates & began to use her cry against them. She is bringing down an entire stone temple & the cry is hurting Power Girl who is at the base of the temple.

Scans (9 - 12) - Uses her Canary Cry against a group of Jokerized Meta's & Criminals to send them all flying backwards.

Scans (13 - 15) - Breaks down a door, sends average sized humans flying, and tears apart a gun.

Scans (16 - 17) - Uses her Cry inside an armored van & sends it flying off the road.

Scans (18 - 19) - Uses her Cry to stop a speeding car & stops it in it's tracks while tearing it apart.

Scans (1 - 2) - Uses her Canary Cry against armed police officers & sends them flying backwards along with two of their vehicles.

Scans (3 - 4) - Uses her Canary Cry against a super powered being named Kilgore; tearing a hole right through him.

Scans (5 - 6) - Obliterates a taxi cab sent flying towards her by Black Alice.

Scans (7 - 10) - Combats & harms Black Alice while she had the power of Mary Marvel.

Scans (11 - 12) - Defeats G-Nome; a shapeshifter.

Scans (13 - 14) - Sends the brute known as Mammoth flying across water - before this Mammoth was putting a pounding on Hawk.

Scans (15 - 16) - Uses her scream against Java - the scream clears his mind & also is sent throughout the city - huge radius.

Scan (17) - Destroys an armored army vehicle.

Scans (18 - 20) - Sends White Canary - a combatant with more H2H skill than Lady Shiva & who was able to wipe the floor with the Birds of Prey - flying across rooftoops & through a building.

There - 39 scans of the Canary Cry - considering Black Canary is going to be using this on your team it'll do some serious damage - even on Maul & Savage. It'll be able to cause damage against the stealth boat & will cause your team to become disorientated.

Oh & she can fly - I forgot to show that and I feel like people haven't seen the scans. Shown above.

Now for some Blue Devil - since he's quite unknown.

Scan (1) - Shows him being resistant to magma - heat based attacks will do nothing to him.

Scans (2 - 10) - Shadowpact vs Eclipso; who was controlling Spectre at the time. Blue Devil gets some H2H hits in, survives some powerful hits, and eventually KO-s Eclipso by thrusting his Trident through her. Eclipso is more powerful than anyone on Team ILS.

Scans (11 - 16) - Enchantress became corrupted with how much power she had as she was connected to a wide majority of the magic users in the DCU such as Zatanna, Doctor Fate to name a few, she then turned on her team & began to dominate them all. Blue Devil brings her down with a 1HKO punch.

Scans (17 - 19) - Blue Devil goes up against Etrigan - pretty decent fight considering Etrigan is leagues above Blue Devil. Blue Devil was given some power by Neron ( IRCC ) so he was slightly amped but normally he has 2/3rds of this power.

Scans (1 - 2) - Etrigan using Lucifer's Trident & remarking about how he can take over worlds with it and how incredibly powerful it is - this is the weapon that Blue Devil uses.

Scan (3) - Blue Devil holds up a falling building with his strength.

Scans (4 - 9) - Blue Devil fights an incredibly large demon - gets knocked SEVERAL blocks away by it's massive strength & endures the hit just fine.

Scans (10 - 13) - Blue Devil goes head to head with Etrigan - a being with Superman levels of strength - and holds his own rather well. His trident is stolen but he get's it back in their next encounter.

Scans (14 - 16) - Blue Devil fights with Etrigan again - regains his Trident - and Shadowpact escapes.

Scans (15 - 20) - Blue Devil fights off a massive group of Homo Magi - he had been fighting many hordes of them before this as he traveled to redeem himself & regain his soul.

I think that's it really - I'm not going to scan dump for my other characters because there isn't much of a point.

Conclusion

ILS has a great team - and if we were all trapped in a cage match together I feel his team WOULD win - but that isn't the case in this scenario. He's made the mistake of splitting up his team & sending them in waves - not all at once.

Due to the fact that it isn't his team vs my team in a massive 1 v 1 battle where one of my characters goes H2H with one of his characters the winner of this battle is the one with the greater strategy.

I feel that I have countered his plans well enough - and hope the voters do too.

I'm ready for votes @lukehero!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah.. lets get this over with @lukehero

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#49  Edited By Skit

I vote for TTBA

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@thetruebarryallen: has my vote great job man. But @i_like_swords did very well I love your debating skills I sure as heck wouldn't wana face you in the debating ring:)