PYP Mission Tourney R1: Sovereig vs Mikep12(SOV WINS!!!)

• 87 results
mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@lukehero: OK Luke! We should or at least I plan to be done tomorrow.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Sovereign91001

@lukehero: This is my final post, @mikep12 can have the last one if he wants or we can go to votes.

The jet was going at top speeds attempting to kamikaze the city and at least going at mach speed and I don't really think the driver cared about his body at that point.

He would in that excessive G-Force causes blackouts, he's not going to be able to aim the plane if he's unconscious. In any case there is still nothing indicating travel speeds and it seems those numbers of Mach 2/3 were just pulled from the ether.

Like I said I'd just be nitpicking man so you should probably just leave it alone but if you wanted one example that would be the ship manager asking your tea, as to why there not guarding other parts of the ship.

I wanted three actually. What other part of the ship should they be guarding Mike? They are contracted to guard the treasure, that is exactly what they are doing. If that's the best reason you can come up with, I can see why you dropped this line of questioning.

The on panel statement is made by a guy who literally just found out about the ability and I don't see what JJ has to do with anything.

Justin Jordan wrote that issue and you know that because you read it, correct? Justin Jordan wrote Deathstroke's the exposition in Slade's dialogue. Ergo Deathstroke is functioning in a manner consistent with what I said earlier.

You don't think that the pressure applied by the force of the punch would have the deck breaking into pieces as it clearly sent cracks threw the steel hull of the hellicarrier but now apply that to not as stable wood floors.

Do you know why the steel hull of the carrier was cracked? Because he punched it that's why. He didn't punch someone on the deck and then the floor magically cracked. He's punching your shield, not the deck I even drew you a nice picture to show you this. C'mon Mike you gotta be pulling my leg if you think punching the shield is going to crack the floor.

The train was seemingly moving at the speed of light

You're reaching there's nothing to indicate that, a light speed train are you kidding me? Please show me anywhere that was even hinted at.

something that shouldn't be allowed here and if not above mach speeds and that explosion hardly looked the size of the nucleaur bomb on Hiroshima and I'm still not seeing how bombs help especially since they seemed to get over hyped by you.

Oi, the weight of the explosions adds to the mass of the train, it makes it heavier so it hits with more force. I explained all this already though. If you can't be bothered to read what I type, I'm not going to bothered with retyping it.

Tho that was a nice scientific presentaion.

Apparently not, it seemed to go in one ear and out the other.

What? My team will be hitting the side of the boat you've closed off and turned everyone away from. Not where there are tons of civilians.

I didn't say I'd close a side of the boat, I'm closing the exhibits, you know this as it's been one of the major points of this debate. There are cabins and people on both sides of the boat and the massive collateral (and property) damage you're causing is still out of character for any member of the bat family. And what happened to the massive amount of civilians that were supposed to come in and disrupt my team? So you're just blowing a whole in the boat now for kicks? In No Man's Land we saw that even one civilian casualty is unacceptable to Batman, so you're going to potentially endanger innocents and cause a panic and potentially have multiple civillians die to cause a misdirection?Playing dumb doesn't become you. The gassing is the same route, you have a crowd of panicked people, your words not mine. Why in the world would Batwing needlessly endanger lives?

Skarr hardly looked like he was expecting that or that he was even prepared for something like that to happen so it wasn't low-balling and yeah I'm pretty sure dozens of missiles would level more than a few houses but okay

Except he was charging in the second panel. It's not like Danny tapped him on the shoulder and sucker punched him.

Did you not see the cracks left on the hellicarrier by that punch? A blow like that will destroy the deck so I don't see what your trying to do there.

BECAUSE HE PUNCHED THE F***ING HELICARRIER DECK, IN THE SCAN! IN THE MATCH HE'S PUNCHING YOUR SHIELD, WHERE DID I SAY HE WAS PUNCHING THE BOAT DECK?

No its neither of those as your team can still react unlike your plan to portal cut and Andrew could simply stay like that or turn his allies intangible

Pretty much looks like it, I'd like a ruling as to whether your team can insta kill mine by poofing their heads of with TK. In any case if Instakills are legal Kakashi just has to literally look at your team to cut of their heads, while your team is still in their shield bubble.

Your team isn't even within the hull.

Of course they are, that's why there is a cross section to see the interior of the ship.

There in the exhibit which is not the hull and not that as thick as it and I doubt it wouldn't work unless you provide actual proof.

You provided it for me, DV couldn't x-ray the steel support beams but could through a shipping container. Unless your trying to say a 100,000+ ton cruise ship has a hull with a comparable thickness to a shipping container?

I doubt that would hinder him breaking the rocks and breaking a sword with basically zero feats does not equal breaking steel doors.

Oh being injured doesn't affect strength? Tell that to anyone who's ever been in a fight.

Okay well I think we're done here, the rest of your points are just rehashes of everything I've gone over (literally the answers are right in the post). I've rehashed enough and I'm very tired (having stayed up most of the night) and don't feel like doing this for the rest of the post, so we can go to votes when you're ready.

And Mike I'm not mad at you or anything. Just very tired and sleep deprivation and I don't mix very well.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@sovereign91001: @mikep12:

Alright, yeah. I can tell it's voting time. Mike can make another post if he wants, then I'm setting it for votes.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The jet was going at top speeds attempting to kamikaze the city and at least going at mach speed and I don't really think the driver cared about his body at that point.

He would in that excessive G-Force causes blackouts, he's not going to be able to aim the plane if he's unconscious. In any case there is still nothing indicating travel speeds and it seems those numbers of Mach 2/3 were just pulled from the ether.

Like I said the pilot was attempting Kamikaze and I don't think he cared. Real world logic doesn't always apply to comics and even if it wasn't mach 2 or 3 it was at least mach which should still be plenty of time for Batwing to reach the shore with Damian and Batman but yes this type of speed would probably do a number on Bruce and Damian but even just going a few miles per hour should be fine and we should be able to do so in under an hour.

Like I said I'd just be nitpicking man so you should probably just leave it alone but if you wanted one example that would be the ship manager asking your tea, as to why there not guarding other parts of the ship.

I wanted three actually. What other part of the ship should they be guarding Mike? They are contracted to guard the treasure, that is exactly what they are doing. If that's the best reason you can come up with, I can see why you dropped this line of questioning.

Like I said I'd just be nitpicking and for you to just leave the point alone. And tell me. Why would there only be your team as guards on the ship? I'm going by your plan. There are plenty of other places in the ship that have to be guarded like the engine room. Like I said man nitpicking just leave the point alone.

The on panel statement is made by a guy who literally just found out about the ability and I don't see what JJ has to do with anything.

Justin Jordan wrote that issue and you know that because you read it, correct? Justin Jordan wrote Deathstroke's the exposition in Slade's dialogue. Ergo Deathstroke is functioning in a manner consistent with what I said earlier.

I guess I was being a bit rash and I guess that's a fair point.

You don't think that the pressure applied by the force of the punch would have the deck breaking into pieces as it clearly sent cracks threw the steel hull of the hellicarrier but now apply that to not as stable wood floors.

Do you know why the steel hull of the carrier was cracked? Because he punched it that's why. He didn't punch someone on the deck and then the floor magically cracked. He's punching your shield, not the deck I even drew you a nice picture to show you this. C'mon Mike you gotta be pulling my leg if you think punching the shield is going to crack the floor.

What? I didn't even get the first point. But it seriously seems like your not reading my post or not doing so very well. I never said Iron Fist was punching the deck. I said the force behind the punch on the shield would most likely shatter the deck into pieces.

The train was seemingly moving at the speed of light

You're reaching there's nothing to indicate that, a light speed train are you kidding me? Please show me anywhere that was even hinted at.

Like I said the art looked very confusing. And even if it wasn't, it definitely looked to be going faster than mach 4. Meaning that the speed for that kind of punch wouldn't be achievable

something that shouldn't be allowed here and if not above mach speeds and that explosion hardly looked the size of the nucleaur bomb on Hiroshima and I'm still not seeing how bombs help especially since they seemed to get over hyped by you.

Oi, the weight of the explosions adds to the mass of the train, it makes it heavier so it hits with more force. I explained all this already though. If you can't be bothered to read what I type, I'm not going to bothered with retyping it.

Why didn't you just say that instead of an incredibly long post about science stuff not everyone understands and like I said that speed wouldn't be achievable

Tho that was a nice scientific presentaion.

Apparently not, it seemed to go in one ear and out the other.

Not everyone is good at science you know. I read it but it was very hard to understand.

What? My team will be hitting the side of the boat you've closed off and turned everyone away from. Not where there are tons of civilians.

I didn't say I'd close a side of the boat, I'm closing the exhibits, you know this as it's been one of the major points of this debate. There are cabins and people on both sides of the boat and the massive collateral (and property) damage you're causing is still out of character for any member of the bat family. And what happened to the massive amount of civilians that were supposed to come in and disrupt my team? So you're just blowing a whole in the boat now for kicks? In No Man's Land we saw that even one civilian casualty is unacceptable to Batman, so you're going to potentially endanger innocents and cause a panic and potentially have multiple civillians die to cause a misdirection?Playing dumb doesn't become you. The gassing is the same route, you have a crowd of panicked people, your words not mine. Why in the world would Batwing needlessly endanger lives?

Really seems like your not reading my post man. I said my team would have Batwing send them at the exhibit. I know who the Bat family are and logic would simply have it that I send them at the exhibit. Sorry if I did make that mistake but that besides the point what do you mean by property damage? I can present dozens of scans of Batman and other members of the Bat family causing tons of collateral damage. And why would KOing all the citizens become the same route as everyone getting trampled.

Skarr hardly looked like he was expecting that or that he was even prepared for something like that to happen so it wasn't low-balling and yeah I'm pretty sure dozens of missiles would level more than a few houses but okay

Except he was charging in the second panel. It's not like Danny tapped him on the shoulder and sucker punched him.

Where in that scan did he charge? He came out of nowhere and Skarr wasn't expecting him to be that powerful and got knocked back. I'm not saying the feat isn't impressive I'm just saying it most likely wouldn't break the Shield.

Did you not see the cracks left on the hellicarrier by that punch? A blow like that will destroy the deck so I don't see what your trying to do there.

BECAUSE HE PUNCHED THE F***ING HELICARRIER DECK, IN THE SCAN! IN THE MATCH HE'S PUNCHING YOUR SHIELD, WHERE DID I SAY HE WAS PUNCHING THE BOAT DECK?

Nowhere did I say he'd be punching the deck. I said the applied force on the shield would shatter the deck. Just like when Superman gets punched into the ground it shatters but the ground isn't actually being punched

No its neither of those as your team can still react unlike your plan to portal cut and Andrew could simply stay like that or turn his allies intangible

Pretty much looks like it, I'd like a ruling as to whether your team can insta kill mine by poofing their heads of with TK. In any case if Instakills are legal Kakashi just has to literally look at your team to cut of their heads, while your team is still in their shield bubble.

Yes this insta kills just like if he were to stab most of your team with a sword, but you know what? The sword like Andrews ability its still avoidable. Andrew is not crushing your teams heads from 40 miles away. He still needs to tag your team on there heads and your team can still move away from the mist so its still avoidable unlike your teleport cut.

Your team isn't even within the hull.

Of course they are, that's why there is a cross section to see the interior of the ship.

Now I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure the hull is the lower part of the ship but like I said I might be wrong.

There in the exhibit which is not the hull and not that as thick as it and I doubt it wouldn't work unless you provide actual proof.

You provided it for me, DV couldn't x-ray the steel support beams but could through a shipping container. Unless your trying to say a 100,000+ ton cruise ship has a hull with a comparable thickness to a shipping container?

I can agree with that point but in the picture of the ship that you provided saying where your team would be there are clearly widows that the DV can still work threw so we should be good.

I doubt that would hinder him breaking the rocks and breaking a sword with basically zero feats does not equal breaking steel doors.

Oh being injured doesn't affect strength? Tell that to anyone who's ever been in a fight.

Once again another illogical point on my behalf.

Okay well I think we're done here, the rest of your points are just rehashes of everything I've gone over (literally the answers are right in the post). I've rehashed enough and I'm very tired (having stayed up most of the night) and don't feel like doing this for the rest of the post, so we can go to votes when you're ready.

And Mike I'm not mad at you or anything. Just very tired and sleep deprivation and I don't mix very well.

Summary:

• You seemingly failed to counter some of my plans
  • Most of your plans revolve around the harming of innocents
  • You didn't and don't have a counter for Batwing striking the exhibit
  • Batwing use the hole in the exhibit area of the ship while your team is in dissaray from a few extra batbots kamikazeing
  • Batwing comes in and grabs the jewels while citizens are Koed by knockout gas
  • My team wins

@lukehero votes!

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@lukehero: If I get a free sec over the next day or so (Easter festivities to deal with), I'll read over this and drop a vote. Looks interesting!

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: For round one first time wins, reasons are MVP to spidy and iron first, the both are very skilled and on the spot tacticians, i understand batman and DS are on the other team, but spidy is able to beat batman in a straight fight ( as shown in other threads and stuff ) I believe with Spider girl she also gives the edge to them as well due to being able to dodge quickly and such. However this is no where near a stomp or mismatch i'd say first team wins by a slim margin 5.5/10. I do give team 2 the teamwork though bruce dick and damian would be very great at causing team one alot of problems, just not saying how it would tip the scale and ofc rose and ds would also cause trouble, however i dont believe team work is going to give them the edge with the whole overall fight.

For round two I'd pick BM, deathstroke, black cat ( marvel ), cat woman.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By mickey-mouse

@wyldsong: Oh snap, I forget it is Easter weekend. LOL

Thanks for stopping by.

@killerwasp: Wait huh? You know there are no rounds. This is a Mission Tourney. You're supposed to vote for either debater.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glorious Battle!!!

Arrrghhh!!! I don't know who to pick, Mikep12 was more eloquent and Sovereign9101 was more direct in his approach. Commends to both of you for having good support with scans. I'll have my vote soon

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: gets a vote, he effectively addressed every point against him and had a better understanding of the situation.

His opponent claimed that Batwing wasn't countered but he was

Invisibility doesn't matter, sight (or lack of it) isn't an obstacle to the Spider Sense.

Scans provided

So either of my mini teams will know they are being observed and what's he going to see that's going to help him? A custodian cleaning the exhibit and two other heroes standing guard?

and Sovereign did state that he would no longer answer repeated points that had already been dealt with which is perfectly fair.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ShenKuei

I have one complaint and it applies to both debaters here. You barely gave us any information about your characters.

I always approach CAVs with the mindset of "I don't know anything about these characters". That's my way of avoiding bias and not letting the more powerful characters dictate who wins. More to the point, I don't always know what every character can do anyway, and I know many of the other voters don't so it's a good practice for every CAV to start off with a description of your characters abilities. Neither of you guys did that. If I wasn't familiar with the characters you were using I would've found it really hard to follow this. As it stands, I'm having to make a lot of assumptions about what you expect some of your characters to contribute. That shouldn't be. And I'm not an expert in all of these characters so I may not even be completely accurate with those assumptions. For example, I have no idea how powerful Andrew's shields are because no feats were posted for them. Next time try to provide a basic description of your characters at the beginning of the match. Please.

Aside from that, this was a pretty good match. Although the scans were few and far between and it seemed to go a little off the rails towards the end. I think I'm going to have to vote for @sovereign91001 though. The main reason being I think you just articulated yourself a little better. And you had better counters. I had to go wtf at you playing the "Hiroshima" train feat straight like that though. It's obvious hyperbole. I also find the idea of Rose's power dampening being limited to durability only quite a dubious claim but @mikep12 couldn't seem to produce the evidence to refute it.

@mikep12 you didn't do bad yourself but the few times you completely gave up on a point and admitted it didn't make sense just hurt you. It's ok to admit when you're wrong but I think you gave up a little too easily. Every point you made had to have at least some kind of logic behind it otherwise you wouldn't have made them in the first place.

Although it would've been nice to see more feats both of you did a good job. It was a close match.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenkuei: Thanks for the vote, I usually try to give at least a basic intro for my characters, I don't know why I didn't this time. But I will take your criticism to heart.

@dextersinister: Thanks for the vote.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By mickey-mouse

If you have not already voted please vote!!

@oy_the_billy_bumbler @one_tooth_pianist @jokergeist @floopay @dondave @roman_sionis @comicstooge @wolverine08 @dratini1331 @carter_esque @princearagorn1 @yourneighborhoodcomicgeek @killemall @jashro44 @ghostravage @fetts @jedixman @the_imperator @dccomicsrule2011 @juiceboks @deathstroke19 @thetruebarryallen @bullpr @baron_von_santa@morbid_pyro @project_exu @mattman94 @unbreakable_fs4 @humanrocket @oceanmaster21 @juiceboks @allstarsuperman @lol @shot @lukehero @supermanwithatan01 @cdiddyman911

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

good one , close, but @mikep12: has the edge in my opinion.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on we have a tie!!!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumpedy

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero could you re add me to the moving to round 4 round.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikep12: You back in now? If not I will have to create a new thread.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Thanks for voting. Can you leave a reason why?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers