#1 Posted by Swagger462 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher (Garth Ennis MAX version)

VS

Wolverine

Cage fight to the death (or KO to Wolverine), Punisher has an 8 inch blade and Wolverine can use his claws,

I think Wolverine would win but this version of the Punisher has taken a lot of damage and still been able to fight effectively. Getting shotgunned through his windscreen, then hitting a tree and still beating Barracuda. Taking a buck shot at close range to his floating ribs and then beating a man to death. That sort of thing. So while I think Wolverine probably has this one how do you guys think it would go down?

#2 Posted by AverageKoala (238 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with your opinion. Theres not a chance Punisher can put Logan away with a knife though.

#3 Posted by God_Spawn (37387 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything by Ennis beats Wolverine.

#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (36482 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:

LOL. 

MAX Punisher is quite a tough guy, but being a tough human isn't going to stop a superior fighter with adamantium claws.
Staff
#5 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolvie.

#6 Posted by sync1 (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine.

#7 Posted by WW3 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine can't die unless punisher has a adamantium blade to cut wolverine's head off. So wolverine wins.

#8 Posted by batkevin74 (10444 posts) - - Show Bio

@Swagger462: It's gonna go a little bit like Frank's fight versus Daken

Wolverine wins!

#9 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine 10 of 10

#10 Posted by goodguy24 (704 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@god_spawn said:

LOL. MAX Punisher is quite a tough guy, but being a tough human isn't going to stop a superior fighter with adamantium claws.

That said, Wolverine Murders Him!!!

#11 Posted by God_Spawn (37387 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@god_spawn said:

LOL. MAX Punisher is quite a tough guy, but being a tough human isn't going to stop a superior fighter with adamantium claws.

Oh really?

#12 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2780 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil put wolverine down with that neck strike,,,I doubt frank has the focus to pull off precise strikes like Matt and other high ranked fighters do,,,he fights with rage which throws off his concentration though he is one tough S.O.B

#13 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bane_of_sith said:

Daredevil put wolverine down with that neck strike,,,I doubt frank has the focus to pull off precise strikes like Matt and other high ranked fighters do,,,he fights with rage which throws off his concentration though he is one tough S.O.B

That was a bit PIS though. Nerve strikes affect Logan, but in most logical cases, his HF should heal him from that attack, something that for some reason didn;t happen in the above photoshopped or whatever scan, God Spawn has posted. I mean, he even had a katana through his throat and he healed immediately from that. :)

@WW3 said:

Wolverine can't die unless punisher has a adamantium blade to cut wolverine's head off. So wolverine wins.

Even if he had, how could he hurt him anyway. I doubt Frank has the needed strength to use an adamantium weapon to cut adamantium itself.

:)

#14 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@turoksonofstone said:

Wolverine 10 of 10

#15 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine owns...

#16 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

What a Mismatch. Spite in favore of Wolvie.

#17 Posted by Deadgod (1204 posts) - - Show Bio

I will go with Punisher , he is the expert tactician & highly trained in hand to hand combat , in the comics Punisher kills Marvel Universe he managed to impale wolverine with his own claws , he can try choke wolverine to death & can pull of the victory & big thing is that this is the Punisher of Garth Ennis lol :)

#18 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@god_spawn said:

Oh really?

LMFAO.

#19 Posted by TDK_1997 (14496 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine would still win.He is a better fighter and he can use his claws pretty well.

#20 Posted by darktiger (4273 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@god_spawn said:

it sure isn't

#21 Posted by Swagger462 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: I know Wolverine would win but seeing how Garths Punisher handles himself I thought that it would be an awesome fight to watch.@Bane_of_sith said:

I would be inclined to disagree with that. For example in the second arc of Garths run he intentionally takes a blade through the hand when Pittsy tries to stab him so he can take it off him. That's just one example off the top of my head but throughout the whole run the narration in his fights are all his thoughts and he is not only quick thinking but he is clear headed and calculating.

#22 Posted by TwoGunGunnar (90 posts) - - Show Bio

God I hate Wolverine. He was cool back in the 80's, but they've inflated his power and skill level so much as to just make me hate hate hate him.

Punisher slashes the stupid out of him.

#23 Posted by batmanJLAmanhunter (146 posts) - - Show Bio

If wolverine wasn't aloud to use his claws I think the punisher has a better chance but the claws make punisher's pain tolerance and blade ineffective STOMP!! For Logan