Bucky Barnes

VS
VS

Solid Snake

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Morals are off
  • Random encounter
  • everyone has a silenced pistol with 5 clips, Kevlar vest, infrared goggles and a combat knife
  • Win by KO/Death/incapacitation

• The do not start visible all though all are aware there are dangerous enemies around
  • Begin 100 feet away from each other
  • The fight takes place at night despite the picture
  • Fight takes place here:
No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xanni15

Snake certainly benefits from the environment.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By NeonGameWave

1. Snake

2. Punisher

3. Winter Soldier

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pokergeist

@NeonGameWave said:

1. Snake

2. Punisher

3. Winter Soldier

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ddecourt

Snake has this.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dondave

1.Snake

2.Winter Soldier

3.Punisher

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By renamed040924

I'm sure more discussion could be had out of this thread.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'd put Bucky over Frank, idk Snake that well.

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By copete
No Caption Provided

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with

1. Winter Solder

2. Snake

3. Punisher

The winter soldier's stealth feats against Wolverine and the Punisher himself already puts him above the Punisher. The Punisher outright admitted he can't beat Bucky in a fair fight. Bucky can deflect bullets with his metal arm, bullets fired behind his back. He can catch Hawkeyes arrows and even throw them back just as fast. He can fire out 3 of Hawkeyes arrows shot from behind him while occupied with DD and Wolverine. He can fire out DD Billy clubs in midair as well. He's used his stealth to take out kree elite soldiers who had better alien tracking technology.

Snake is not a good tracker, he admitted it himself when he needed Raiden help and the solid eye in mgs4. I think if the Winter Soldier can trick, handcuff and mislead Wolverine multiple times and sneak by the Punisher unnoticed (original sin), then he has the element of surprise.

Solid Snake would take out the Punisher.

The Punisher is outclassed in skill and strength here. He's last.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jonez_

Solid Snake

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

I'm going with

1. Winter Solder

2. Snake

3. Punisher

The winter soldier's stealth feats against Wolverine and the Punisher himself already puts him above the Punisher. The Punisher outright admitted he can't beat Bucky in a fair fight. Bucky can deflect bullets with his metal arm, bullets fired behind his back. He can catch Hawkeyes arrows and even throw them back just as fast. He can fire out 3 of Hawkeyes arrows shot from behind him while occupied with DD and Wolverine. He can fire out DD Billy clubs in midair as well. He's used his stealth to take out kree elite soldiers who had better alien tracking technology.

Snake is not a good tracker, he admitted it himself when he needed Raiden help and the solid eye in mgs4. I think if the Winter Soldier can trick, handcuff and mislead Wolverine multiple times and sneak by the Punisher unnoticed (original sin), then he has the element of surprise.

Solid Snake would take out the Punisher.

The Punisher is outclassed in skill and strength here. He's last.

To be fair, Snake was comparing himself to Big Boss when he admitted to not being a very good tracker. All Raiden did was give him a couple pointers, it's not like he was leading him around.

In the same game he used stealth effectively against Crying Wolf while simultaneously eluding a contingent of powersuit-augmented FROG troopers and dealing with back pain. Crying Wolf has a similar sense of smell to Wolverine, and she was actually searching for Snake at the same time, whereas Wolverine didn't even know Bucky was around IIRC. Obviously it's impressive that Wolverine never noticed him, but it's harder to avoid someone when they know you're there.

If you're saying Winter Soldier is better at stealth than Snake, then I'm going to have to seriously disagree.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By slimj87d

@nickzambuto:

He tracked and followed Wolverine for 3 months with an order to not engage him, there were times where Bucky was a few feet away from him. wolverine had 3 months to figure out someone was tailing him, and he never caught his scent or heard him. The only time Bucky had to engage Wolverine was when Wolverine was restrained by Muramusa's men and Bucky took them all out.

Even when Wolverine came after Bucky and was searching for him, Bucky handcuffed and knifed him in the gut fast enough that Wolverine couldn't react on time.

He lead Wolverine on a wild goose chase and shot him up. Wolverine was again chasing Bucky.

Those are 3 occasions.

Recently he snuck in on Black Panther and the Punisher in Original Sin, no one knew he was there.

He was being chased by Kree elite soldiers and their ships and used stealth to take them out.

And as a fair comparison, because a lot of Snake's stealth missions have involved gear, (the feats I listed above had bucky not using advanced gear), he was able to sneak through Dr. dooms castle and get right behind doctor doom. I'm not going to exaggerate this feat though, he had to warp in initially to get on the ground.

I think sneak up, tracking and tricking Wolverine is much harder than sneaking up on Solid Snake. If you can't agree that he's not better than he's at least just as good.

If you agree he's just as good, I've never seen Snake use stealth to get in a dominant position as someone like Wolverine, and it was in Wolverine's book itself that it happened.

This are my reasons why I think Bucky has an edge over Snake in this battle.

At least we can bot agree Punisher is last.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What has Snake done?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Punisher is likely the best in raw marksmanship but falls short in a few important areas. He should be last without getting stomped. I think Bucky vs Snake could go either way at this point in time.

Avatar image for nothingistrue13
nothingistrue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know much about comic book Winter Soldier, but from what I know about Snake, he has infiltrated many different compounds (N313/F014/Shadow Moses 2x/Tanker/Big Shell/Outer Haven) single handedly (albeit with radio contact) with barely anything heading in. I think he could most assuredly maneuver through this compound without being seen, at least for a good while, and get the drop on Punisher/Winter Soldier. Moreover, he has faced people comparable/better than Punisher/Winter Soldier (Vamp, B&B Corps, ANY Metal Gear, Liquid) and has defeated them each, albeit some in different ways (Nerfed Vamp, beat REX after Gray Fox destroyed the radome).
In conclusion, I think due to his incredible stealth skills and combat experience, Snake would take this in the end.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@nickzambuto:

He tracked and followed Wolverine for 3 months with an order to not engage him, there were times where Bucky was a few feet away from him. wolverine had 3 months to figure out someone was tailing him, and he never caught his scent or heard him. The only time Bucky had to engage Wolverine was when Wolverine was restrained by Muramusa's men and Bucky took them all out.

Even when Wolverine came after Bucky and was searching for him, Bucky handcuffed and knifed him in the gut fast enough that Wolverine couldn't react on time.

He lead Wolverine on a wild goose chase and shot him up. Wolverine was again chasing Bucky.

Those are 3 occasions.

Recently he snuck in on Black Panther and the Punisher in Original Sin, no one knew he was there.

He was being chased by Kree elite soldiers and their ships and used stealth to take them out.

And as a fair comparison, because a lot of Snake's stealth missions have involved gear, (the feats I listed above had bucky not using advanced gear), he was able to sneak through Dr. dooms castle and get right behind doctor doom. I'm not going to exaggerate this feat though, he had to warp in initially to get on the ground.

I think sneak up, tracking and tricking Wolverine is much harder than sneaking up on Solid Snake. If you can't agree that he's not better than he's at least just as good.

If you agree he's just as good, I've never seen Snake use stealth to get in a dominant position as someone like Wolverine, and it was in Wolverine's book itself that it happened.

This are my reasons why I think Bucky has an edge over Snake in this battle.

At least we can bot agree Punisher is last.

I'm not underselling Bucky's ability to tail Wolverine, but one feat is basically just keeping eyes on someone who had no idea they were being followed going about their daily life, while the other is eluding someone who was actively tracking them. If Wolverine knew he was being tailed, or even had an inkling that something was out of the ordinary, and actually USED that sense of smell of his, you still think Bucky would have been able to stay hidden? It's no surprise Wolverine didn't notice him when Bucky was just another unrecognizable random bystander.

It's pretty simple really, both feats involve stealthing characters with enhanced senses, but only one feat actually has that character using those senses. With all due respect, the feats aren't comparable. Bucky knows how to be sneaky, but you're talking about Solid Snake here. It'll take more than that to match him. I'm sorry but no, I don't agree that they're at least equal. Snake sneaks up on characters with enhanced senses all the time, whereas tailing Wolverine is one of Bucky's best feats, something like that isn't out of the ordinary for Snake. He's snuck up on Vamp several times, and the entirety of MGS1 was him sneaking past the entire Genome Army, all of whom had super human senses to an unknown degree. He totally vanished on Vulcan Raven while avoiding chaingun fire, planted a claymore, and manipulated him into walking right into it without giving up his own position.

You say Bucky snuck up on Black Panther and Punisher, again I have to ask, did they have any warning that someone was in the area, or did he just show up? Snake while injured and unarmed disappeared on Big Boss of all people while being shot at and snuck up right next to him equipped with a lighter and spray can.

I'm not familiar with the Kree instance you mention, but I don't see any reason why Snake couldn't replicate it. Once again, every game is Snake sneaking around elite soldiers and taking them out, is there any reason to believe that the Kree were any more skilled than Genome or PMC soldiers?

You bring up Snake relying on gear, but that's totally asinine. He goes into every single mission completely naked, where did you get the idea that he relies on gear? He did have the Soliton Radar in MGS1, but he expressed disdain for it and stated that he wouldn't be relying on it too much.

Sneaking up on Wolverine IS harder than sneaking up on Solid Snake, but Winter Soldier never snuck up on Wolverine. And that's a bad argument anyway, because sneaking up on Crying Wolf, Vamp, Vulcan Raven, Revolver Ocelot, Big Boss, Raiden, and any of the other characters Snake has snuck up on is also harder than sneaking up on Winter Soldier.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Snake is a stealth expert. This is his playground.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

David

Bucky

Frank

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By slimj87d

@nickzambuto: I don't think you understand my examamples. Winter Soldier was engaged against Wolverine in the second feat example much like Snake has been engaged against his opponents.

To explain why I brought up the first feat, Wolverine is a excellent combatant and master of stealth himself from his weapon X training. Throwing in his senses (hearing and smelling), he's only more deadly to sneak up on. Following him for months, even if he knew or not, is impressive because Wolverine can smell and hear superhumanly well, even if he doesn't see you or know you're even following him, you would have to use plenty of techniques to overcome these senses. There are plenty of scans of him detecting people he didn't know we're following him.

My point is that Snake doesn't have the advantages of smelling and hearing like Wolverine, nor does he have any of his tech here for this round. Bucky, without tech has a feat of stalking, tricking and stealthily engaging Wolverine, someone I would argue would be harder to perform all those task on compared to Solid Snake.

Who are these other people with advance senses he has sneaked up on and stealthy took out you speak of? Because from my memory he was fully engaged in his fights and didn't lose and get the drop on his opponents.

I believe kree have technology decades ahead of the marvel and mgs verse, that's why I bring it up. Bucky was only able to get away using his agility.

Again, Wolverine went after Bucky in the knife and handcuff encounter, this isn't Wolverine jollying around. Vulcan raven he used a claymore to lure and trick him if we are going to go by comic book feats, I wouldn't say Vulcan Raven is at the league we speak of. He never snuck up on Vamp or Revolver ocelot, he was engaged with them. The big boss fight was never elaborated on, I'll say it is a good feat since we know big bosses combat prowess, but we don't know if there truly was stealth and taking him out played a factor.

Conveniently there was gasoline laying around everywhere, Snake found a lighter and a spray that could spray 20 feet long, and big boss could have lost due to underestimating Snake because he thought he had no gear. I too am not trying to downplay Snakes feat here, but my point is the fight was never elaborated on.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

I like Snake best but i've gotta go with Winter Soldier. I remember someone saying Snake would only get a 3/10 against Punisher